Se7en Feat. Fabolous - This Is My Year

T.B. Solangel

Guest krnmusic

his English phenomenal, on the other hand, the song was dreadful. (let's hope it gets some radio-play). "i want to see an asian artist succeed in america."

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well finally I was able to hear it

I personally liked it, they said it would be different

and it was, but it was good.

I think they are playing it safe because this is his debut

I can see people bumping to this, lets give it a chance guys.

I liked how Fab came in rapping

people say he overpowered Se7en, but that's just how Fab raps

so if your gonna collab with him, you better be ready to sing your richard simmons off

just like in "Get Right" remix, he overpowered J.lo in that song.

It sounds like something that will catch on

it sounds legit, if it were any other k-pop artist

singing this song, it wouldnt sound right.

Being that Se7en has that universal appeal, it sounds right

because Se7en is true to r&b music, he doesnt just say

"I wanna do r&b cuz it sounds cool" no it's in his blood to do this music.

I was impressed by the song

But stop comparing this to "Man Up" already dammit!

He didnt make this song to counter that song!

Guest Crispy

Didn't like it.

Man... Se7en's vocals were so damn underused. Listen to any of his Korean hits, then this one immediately after.

Damn, it's so bland. There's not even a bridge. The English isn't horrendous, but still needs some work.

The beat is annoying.

There's like a verse... and then a chorus and sub-chorus. That's it.

And it doesn't give his range a challenge whatsoever.

Well, at least I can't say that I was disappointed... I wasn't expecting much out of it.

I don't think he'll produce any English songs that can even be remotely described as a "hit" until he masters the language;

when you're learning to sing a new language, you have to change your vocal stylings completely for different vowel and consonant syllables. (especially from an Asian language to English)

So, he still has a bit to go.

Not to rag on Se7en, though. He rocks. ;]

Guest K-Free

the chorus is kinda hard to understand... i was expecting a song that u can dance to....

based on Se7en's song and Rain's song..

i could understand Rain better....

MAN UP > THIS is my year

Guest XhoXho

^---------Chibisuke~ I hate to disagree with you on soompi...but actually I didn't like Man Up at all. Bi's English in that song sounds kinda fobby. Se7en's English sounds better and more natural. We were still let down by Se7en though! <_< Or at least...his songwritters/producers. Se7en did what he could with what he was given.

I agree with people here though. The song isn't exactly a title track. o.O

Maybe it'd be better if they just re-wrote Anyclub. Teddy wrote it, so why not? hahaha. I'm joking. My point though, is that the song really isn't something I want to hear Se7en debut with...o.o

I am serious when I say that Teddy needs to write the song Se7en debuts with...Teddy collaborated with Se7en's best songs. I know that se7en is under a new producer and stuff...but if they're coming out with this stuff, then they need to let someone better take over the song writting.

Um, the song wasn't as bad as I was expecting. People made it sound like it was going to be horrid. Definitely not what I'd expect from Se7en at all. gosh gosh gosh. Let us Se7en fans just wish him the greatest luck though. Hopefully his title track or debut song...or ALL songs will be better than this one.

Guest Bethany

As much as I like Se7en, I will have to be harsh. This song will not help him break into the U.S. market.

The lyric is corny and the song is repetitive. It's quite annoying. The only good thing about this song is Se7en's English, it's clear.

Guest sparkeh~

His English has improved A LOT! I'm so proud of him! On the other hand, I don't like the song. It's too repetitive =S

Guest heartdrops

I just listened to this.

I have to agree about Se7en's vocals being underated.

I personally think that you can't really hear his voice much =/

Guest EMPIRE

the beat is very reminiscent of Fabolous' style ..or at least his older style

i have to be honest at first i was soo excited and spazzing about the song when it first leaked ..mainly cause i was soo happy his english was awesomee and also because i love love lovee Fabolous ...so i thought it was the best thing eveRR ..

it's a good song ..it';s just that it can be better ..it's not the worst thing everr ..c'mon these days saying that this song is one of the worst is a bit over exaggerated ..good song just shouldn't be his first single over here in the states =/

..anyways i can;t wait for Fabolous' album to drop in april and hopefully se7en's

Guest MUGETSU

If perfect English speaking Asian singers like Utada Hikaru and Coco Lee can't make it in America, I highly doubt Rain will either.

Guest `faded

hahaa sounds like something fabulous would make =/..LOL...is it just me or is the beat covering se7en's vocals -_- oy.......but se7en's english is seriously good..other than that..a very average and normal song..something that can't help him debut in the states o_O

Guest Storytime

Okay okay, I really love this guy and all. He has amazing vocals and drool worthy dance skills - but this song is just not up to par.

It seems this song should be called: This Is His Year - Fabolous Feat. Se7en.

Fabolous completely overpowered Se7en with his few lines. Se7en barely sounds like he's singing - but rather a background vocal. His english is sufficient but I think he could improve enunciating the words a bit so you don't have to concentrate so hard to understand his words. I really hope this leaked track doesn't end up as the final debut song. It's catchy and I like the beat but it doesn't have that 'umphf' that catches everyone's attention and keeps them humming this song in the shower.

Overall though, I'll excited for his debut. I know when the time rolls around, he'll be able pull it off and give everyone a taste of kpop.

PS. On a funny note - near the beginning when Se7en goes 'you need to let it go and need to take it slow', it reminds me of when female singers do the whole seductive tone and stretch out the last syllables.

Guest rapunzel283

Hmmm.

Well.... honestly. I love Se7en. I've loved him ever since that cute as bathtub video. o^_______________^o

(Who didn't fall in love with Se7en after seeing that video :w00t:!)

But this song. Is nothing special. I honestly don't like it very much. It's... so... bland and repetitive.

What Se7en needs is... what "Yeah" did for Usher. What "In Da Club" did for 50 Cent.

Something that people can dance to, with a catchy 'phrase' (whether that's some Lil Jon style yelling or "go, go go, go shorty~"... I mean after that song, it was EVERYONE's birthday!).

"This Is My Year" is just very monotone. Maybe because only a LQ versions' been leaked, but the beat is very... bland.

"Passion" had such a good beat, and that was before the Tipsy Remix.

It's okay, but I know Se7en can do better :)

Love his English :D

Archived