Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024 |New drama 'The Confidence Man KR' (2025), start shooting! |'MY Beans Fanmeet' in Tokio Nov.8 | 2024 Asia Artist Awards Dec.27

OksanaSiytra

the news about MY having a new project that is not GG/CG is really surprising. but i have been a little uneasy on how GG did not have any updates after the news abt MY getting the serena role. it was just weird. i've a feeling the project fell through for some reason. i'm hoping once culture depot (MY's agency) makes an announcement they would also prepare an explanation on what happened with GG. 

with regard to braveness of the ming, i'm really just waiting for the official announcement. it must be good if MY got interested in it. yes, there were initial news before but there seems to be changes so lets wait for that. it seems the male lead, zhang hans, is really popular in china ( @Eileen531 he was the one wearing all black in happy camp with wookie). i was initially worried about the project being associated with suzy, i'm almost sure there'd be unwanted comments on the net abt that but if MY was ready to overlook it, then why not? we've heard of many actors who are not the first choice but who just owned the role when the drama finally came out. i am just initially hoping for a good script and a good production.

• Like 8

Guest Eileen531

Hey i just saw this article from the Global Times and gives us some background on the drama we are interested in

Another online series that has attracted more than 100 billion yuan in investments is Braveness of the Ming produced by LeTV. The drama is an adaptation of the 2011 online novel by Yueguan (Wei Lijun). Although LeTV is copro

Hello everybody!

At first, I was also disappointed that CG didn't work out. I was so looking forward to seeing Min Young play a fashionista university student. But I have got over that disappointment and am now really looking forward to 'Braveness of the Ming'.

Agree with others. I think Min Young, when she chose CG, must have thought that it would get finalised soon. But that never happened. Since it is such a big production involving an international team and has been in the works since 2012, may be it would take some more time to get its act together. The fact that the names of none of the other cast members were announced even after weeks had passed is an indication that negotiations didn't work out as they ought to have. I hope Min Young does CG later. It would be sad to see another actress playing it. Oh well!

However, the chinese fans seem more excited for this than CG. The anticipation for CG was more among the i-fans than the ensuns. On baidu, some are happy that it is not CG since they feared it would give Min Young more antis. May be because GG already has such a huge fanbase in china and Min Young being a korean actress taking on the lead role in a chinese remake and that too without any experience working in the chinese industry, all may have been factors that made them worry. Hans Zhang, her presumed lead in 'Braveness of the Ming' seems to be quite popular in China. Hence fans are saying it will be beneficial for Min Young to act with him. On weibo, I can see that the fans of both Min Young and Hans Zhang are quite excited about their working together.

The concept poster will be revealed tomorrow and shooting is to start in Hengdian, china's largest studio, on May 23. It will be a 30 episode drama (45 minutes per episode) based on a best selling novel. Hmm... wonder what Min Young's role is gonna be. Hans Zhang will be the time-traveller, so Min Young must be some princess or something like that in the Ming dynasty. If he becomes the imperial guard, there is greater chance she will be a royal, right?

I want her to be more than the pretty female lead and want to see her do some action too. I was checking out the fight scene in PJMG. Min Young looks really fierce as Princess Rahee there. It is good that MY has done all kinds of stuff. Since she has played Princess Rahee, a Ming dynasty drama wouldn't feel that strange to her.

CFIqb5IUsAEzZAb.jpg:large

• Like 9

nonono youngie!!

recent news i knew that Suzy denied  "braveness of the ming" drama with Hans Zhang actor 

And MinYoung' project in china was confirm and C-production drama named "Gossip girls" - GG not CG,was renamed : "China girls"

No news about it but I think the film was done secretly till they premiere.:(

• Like 2

So.. Tomorrow will be the official announcement for this chinese drama too, rite?   

​hope it will be true...

Is she going to be the lead actress?

​based on mimi's explanation, it seems she will be the lead female :)

nonono youngie!!

recent news i knew that Suzy denied  "braveness of the ming" drama with Hans Zhang actor 

And MinYoung' project in china was confirm and C-production drama named "Gossip girls" - GG not CG,was renamed : "China girls"

No news about it but I think the film was done secretly till they premiere.:(

​let's wait for the news (hope today will be released please :mellow:)

• Like 2

Top 20 Asia's Most Beautiful Goddess Park Min Young at #8 (LINK) cr.she1090 twitter

CFOSVAIUEAEn2u-.jpg

Dr.Jin

88d633e2gw1erx4agxhogj20dc0hstdi.jpg

cr.(圖片來自Naver Blog)  via kamlp weibo

CFKh8UBUgAATWdC.jpg

cr.as tagged

PMY DC fans message to Minyoung with envelope. cre: PMY DC via she1090 twitter

CFKkCemUEAArHpS.jpg

CFKkEPTUgAIdl6B.jpg

CFKkE1qUsAA8L4j.jpg

CFKkFb6UEAA37SX.jpg

CFKjynqUIAALNre.jpg

CFKjz88UUAA-_Os.jpg

CFKj1MZUEAAqkVI.jpg

Fanart

11244621_394710850725197_489385068_n.jpg

cr. kevintanado ig

88d633e2gw1es740ayk1ij20kk0re0x4.jpg

cr. hyesu9402 - Naver Blog via kamlp weibo

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 5

@rachelpark26  thanks for bringing it here. finally, something concrete!

i know abt the photoshop. :)  but at least they have a concept. i kinda like the blurring of the faces. makes it mysterious somehow. :)  but i do hope someone can provide the names of all the leads and additional info about the drama.

Edited by Mauve
  • Like 4

Waaaahhhh I'm so happy that she is doing this instead of CG :phew:   Sorry... but Braveness of the Ming is more appealing to me than CG :rolleyes:  cause I really love Chinese period dramas.... for sure there's going to be some fight scenes :w00t:     Hope it's as good as the Red Cliff and Crouching Tiger.  Given the magnitude of this production, it's a great opportunity for Min Young to expand her career.

Really confident she will do good :)   Min Young fighting!!!!

• Like 6

Guest treasure51

@dandelionjd that kid is so cute, and dr.jin with rooftop prince :D. She must be one of the PMY - PYC shippers :P

MY is a lead actress and the story is abt wht?? And MY is a princess?? Or also hv a fight scene too?? I aam so excited, but not sure i can watch her c-drama:tears:

wah many goodies today, i wonder about her bikini hehehe, hope eunsun finds the brand. Here one more from her friend (dont know when the pic was taken)

CFRngR2VIAAq5bb.jpg

Trans: she'll be going to china soon,Wishes her to go and come back safely and be healthy-cr. raine via rachelpark26 (kangyewon0315 ig)

@trasure51:

We don't know that many details. Based on what we know of the novel's story, the hero time-travels to the ming dynasty time,where he helps the chinese emperor as his elite body guard. He meets MY's character before he becomes the guard. MY's char is a streetsmart young woman who is a trickster n is from a poor family. She marries him later sometime (don't know) n becomes skilled in martial arts. The martial arts part is still unconfirmed. The drama might have changed the story line. The article that confirmed MY's participation just mentioned she will be the hero's wife. They will have a bickering romance or something, but they will face all the odds together as a couple. I think the other 2 guys r also important since the official prodn team was exciting the curiosity of the readers by asking them to guess who the four major characters were? N it included 3 guys' names n a girl's. (cr.mimi26 twitter)

@luvstarpace: welcome gurl, happy to se u be here:)

Update: Braveness of The Ming will start shooting on 22 May, 2015. PMY is not travelling to China today, most probably tomorrow cre: Kam via blossomnagr

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 6

Am I doing something wrong? I don't understand why Soompi is eating the last part of my posts.:blink: It's so annoying. Here's the translation to Instagram caption.

Paradise #the no man island I already miss/yearn for #is this morumoru island? #wink cr.rachelpark26

Edited by rrmski
  • Like 6

@dandelionjd : the story looks very interesting. So, will she act in two different Chinese dramas: the one from the novel and Gossip Girl? Can't wait to see her again! :)

​regarding gossip girl, it's still no news but pmy's china fans are more happier if she act in Braveness of The Ming since c-netizen are hardcore of gossip girl (i read somewhere there will be many antis if she act in popular drama like GG).

Edited by dandelionjd
  • Like 4