Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest kdramafanusa

http://www.piff.org/eng/html/news/new_piff...&gotopage=1

PUSAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL REVEALED ITS 1ST GUEST LIST

August 21, 2007 (Busan, Korea) – Pusan International Film Festival has revealed its first guest list of 2007. As usual, many famous faces as well as rising stars will visit PIFF. Especially, Volker SCHLONDORFF, whose film, The Tin Drum won 1979 Cannes’s Palme d’Or, will leave his hand prints at PIFF this year. Iran’s representative auteur Dariush MEHRJUI will head the New Currents Jury whose members include this year’s Palme d’Or winner, Cristian Mungiu.

Claude Lelouch, French director famous for his film, A Man and a Woman (1966) will also be an honoree of Hand Printing as well as lecture at the Master Class. Mohsen MAKHMALBAF, the dean of this year’s Asian Film Academy, will also speak at the Master Class. Kaili PENG, on behalf of his husband Edward YANG, and KIM Hee-ra, on behalf of his father KIM Seung-ho, will accept the honor of Hand Priting.

Many Korean and world stars are scheduled to come to PIFF this year. The Korean guest list includes: Director Myungse Lee and leading actor Dongwon KANG, actress YeonHee LEE, and Hyojin KONG will come to PIFF with the film M which will be screened in the Gala Presentation section. Director Kwontaek IM, Cinematographer Ilsung JUNG, and actor Jaehyun CHO will represent ‘Beyond the Years.’ Secret Sunshine’s actress Jeon Do-Youn will accompany the film’s director Changdong Lee who is also serving in the New Currents jury. The Show Must Go On’s director Jae-rim HAN will participate in Cinema Together event. Hwang Jin Yi’s director Younhyun CHANG, leading actress Hyekyo SONG, leading actor Jitae YOU will be present. Director Yoonchul CHUNG is bringing Skeletons In the Closet and its cast, Hojin CHUN, Heekyung MOON, Ain YU, and Bora HWANG. In addition, director Zhung Lu, actor Jinhee JI, actress Sungyeon KANG, actor Sungkun MOON and actress Jung SEO will come to PIFF this year.

From other Asian countries, Assembly’s director FENG Xiaogang, and leading actor, ZHANG Hanyu will visit PIFF. Also, world star Michelle YEOH and SAWAJIRI Erika are in the Asian actor guest list. Internationally recognized directors such as Royston TAN, WANG Quanan, Hana MAKHMALBAF, YUKISADA Isao, LEE Kang Sheng, and HOU Hsiao Hsien are coming. Also, PIFF is in the middle of arranging schedules with many other big stars from Asia.

This year’s PIFF world guest list include: West 32nd’ s Director Michael Kang, France’s director Serge Bozon, Toward Zero’s director Pascal Thomas, Natacha Regnier, winner of Cannes’ Best Actress Award in 1998, and popular French actor, Melvil POUPAUD.

In addition, directors and programmers of international film festivals are visiting PIFF: Thierry Fremaux, Delegate General of Cannes Fim Festival, Olivier Pere, Artistic Director of Cannes Directors' Fortnight, Christoph Terhechte, Head of Berlinale’s International Forum of New Cinema, Geoffrey Gilmore, Festival Director of Sundance International Film Festival, Sergey Lavrentiev, Director of Ivanovo International Film Festival, Yasuhiro Hariki, Festival Director of Focus On Asia Fukuoka International Film Festival, Alexander Doulda, Festival Director of Vladivosk International Film Festival, Hannah McGill, Artistic Director of Edinburgh International Film Festival, Alain Jalladeau Director of Nante 3 continents International Film Festival.

Pusan International Film Festival, now grown to be one of the most important film festivals in the world will host these honorable guests from all corners of the world, proving its global status.

ASIA PACIFIC ACTORS NETWORK LAUNCHED

- Under the mission to march forward together -

Under the initiative of the big faces of Korean cinema, actor AHN Sung-ki, actress KANG Soo-yeon, and actor PARK Joong-hoon, Asia Pacific Actors Network (APAN) will launch during the 12th Pusan International Film Festival on October 5th. APAN will invite leading actors and actresses from Korea and other Asian countries along with directors, producers and financers to create a network which will be the fundamental groundwork for further advancement of Asian film industry.

As an inaugural event, APAN will donate the raised fund to an up-and-coming director for his/her film in preproduction phase. On Oct 5th, APAN conference will be held from 2 p.m. During the conference, the committee will announce its purpose and significance as well as select the recipient of the preproduction funding At 7 p.m., APAN will celebrate its inauguration and announce the winner of the fund during a grand banquet. Later that evening, the press and fans will enjoy major star-sighting at the red-carpet event called, ‘Star Road’. And also, industry personnel and guest actors will mingle at a beach party afterwards.

Along with international stars such as KATO Masaya (Japan), Grace Park (USA), JC Chan (USA), Jason Scott Lee (USA), Kwei-mei YANG (Taiwan), ZHANG Hanyu (China), Pete TEO (Malaysia), Fann Wong(Singapore), 20 Korean actors/actresses will be present.

APAN will provide a meaningful avenue for Asian actors to go beyond borders and blossom into an international film icon.

The 12th Pusan International Film Festival will be held from Oct 4th until Oct 12th, 2007.

{We will release the 2nd list of guests after the 26th.}

<List of Guests>

Name Title Section Film

FENG Xiaogang Director Opening Film Assembly

ZHANG Hanyu Actor Opening Film Assembly (also Also APAN guest)

Dariush MEHRJUI Director Special Program Leila and 4 films (Head of New Currents Jury)

Wen Jiang Director A Window on Asian Cinema The Sun Also Rises (ALSO APAN

GUEST)

Michelle Yeoh Actress World Cinema Far North

Mohsen MAKHMALBAF Director Dean of AFA / Master Class

Hana Makhmalbaf Director A Window on Asian Cinema Buddha Collapsed ouf of Shame

Isao YUKISADA Director A Window on Asian Cinema Into the Faraway Sky

Pete TEO Actor Special Program Waiting for Love (ALSO APAN GUEST)

Royston TAN Director Gala Presentation 881

LEE Kang Sheng Director A Window on Asian Cinema Help Me Eros

HOU Hsiao Hsien Director Gala Presentation Flight of the Red Balloon

Wisit SASANATIENG Director A Window on Asian Cinema The Unseeable

WANG Quanan Director A Window on Asian Cinema Tuya's Marriage

Volker SCHLONDORFF Director World Cinema Ulzhan (Hand Printing / Master Class)

Michael Kang Director Flash Forward West 32nd

Serge Bozon Director Flash Forward France

Pascal Thomas Director World Cinema Towards zero

Claude Lelouch Director World Cinema Crossed Tracks (Hand Printing / Master

Class)

Natacha Regnier Actress World Cinema Une Journée

Melvil POUPAUD Actor World Cinema Towards zero

Cristian Mungiu Director World Cinema 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (New

Currents Jury)

Kwontaek IM Director Gala Presentation Beyond the Years

Ilsung JUNG Cinematographer Gala Presentation Beyond the Years

Jaehyun CHO Actor Gala Presentation Beyond the Years

Changdong Lee Director Korean Cinema Today Secret Sunshine (New Currents Jury)

Jeon Do-Youn Actress Korean Cinema Today Secret Sunshine

Jae-rim HAN Director Korean Cinema Today A Show Must Go On

Yoonchul CHUNG Director Korean Cinema Today Skeletons In the Closet

Hojin CHUN Actor Korean Cinema Today Skeletons In the Closet

Heekyung MOON Actress Korean Cinema Today Skeletons In the Closet

Ain YU Actor Korean Cinema Today Skeletons In the Closet

Bora HWANG Actress Korean Cinema Today Skeletons In the Closet

Zhung Lu Director Korean Cinema Today Desert Dream

Jung SEO Actress Korean Cinema Today Desert Dream

Younhyun CHANG Director Korean Cinema Today Hwang Jin Yi

Jitae YOU Actor Korean Cinema Today Hwang Jin Yi

Hyekyo SONG Actress Korean Cinema Today Hwang Jin Yi

Jinhee JI Actor Korean Cinema Today Desert Dream

Sungyeon KANG Actress Korean Cinema Today Soo

Sungkun MOON Actor Korean Cinema Today Soo

SAWAJIRI Erika Actress Open Cinema Closed Note

Grace Park Actress Flash Forward West 32nd (ALSO APAN GUEST)

JC Chan Actor A Window on Asian Cinema The Sun Also Rises (ALSO APAN GUEST)

Kwei-mei YANG Actress Midnight Passion Pleasure Factory (ALSO APAN GUEST)

KATO Masaya Actor ALSO APAN GUEST

Jason Scott Lee Actor ALSO APAN GUEST

Fann Wong Actress ALSO APAN GUEST

Guest dada_princess

Thanks DADA for the info but what i was saying is South Korea government reducing the length from 24 to 18. Yeah I cant really see Dang Won on the front line but I can see him maybe in the technology sector or gathering intelligence which is also crucial to knowing how,why, when where and what your enemy is doing.

It is reducing gradually. Somebody serving now has to serve for about 23 months, but other man who is about to serve will be serving for 22 months.

other man who will serve later will be serve 21 months... and so on.

It is reducing and reducing until 18 months.

I'm dying from reading PIFF's list of guests, they should at least edit and apply some grafic tools before lauching this messy list onto the official website.

男 톱배우 7인방 사진전 열려2007년 9월 28일(금) 9:59 [YTN STAR]

200709280959027589_b.jpg

mms://newsvod.nate.com/news/asf/2007/09/28/200709280959027589_s.wmv

어제 (27일) 서울 청담동의 한 갤러리에서 패션화보 사진전이 열렸습니다.

1년에 걸쳐 광활한 호주를 배경으로 촬영한 이번 작품들은 강동원, 공유, 오지호, 이서진, 김민준, 김성수 등 국내 정상급 남자배우 일곱명이 모델로 참여했는데요.

국내 최고 '사진 에이전시'에 소속된 사진작가 5명이 각자의 색깔과 개성을 담은 작품을, 한 권의 잡지를 보듯, 자유로운 스타일로 전시했습니다.

7인의 남자배우 사진전 'From far away'는 10월 3일까지 무료로 열립니다.

[저작권자&copy; YTNSTAR & Digital YTN. 무단 전재-재배포 금지

source : http://cyplaza.cyworld.com/media/news/

스타라면 사진전은 기본? - 사진전 여는 스타들2007년 9월 28일(금) 9:30 [YTN STAR]

200709280930221100_b.jpg

mms://newsvod.nate.com/news/asf/2007/09/28/200709280930221100_s.wmv

http://cyplaza.cyworld.com/media/news/

dada_princess, thanks for that info ^^

another link to watch the MV for the movie.

is ranked the 3rd one today at http://mv.daum.net/new/main.asp?index=ost

This movie was sold out for the 2007 Pusan Film Fest (PIFF) in 45 seconds !

20070927104818872b6_141522_0.jpg

Mnet-M.flv (29.15 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6czy9j4nkxm

mnet03oc5.jpg

mnet04op6.jpg

credit: looprevil

M Poster again

sovoshopimg387x60011908ie6.jpg

sovoshopimg463x60011908ll9.jpg

credit: dcdongwon

NEWS

07-09-28

조인성-오다기리 죠, 韓日최고 '닮은꼴 스타'

'메종 드 히미코' '유레루' 등을 통해 이미 한국에서도 유명한 배우인 오다기리 죠는 '패션은 곧 나의 메시지'라는 독특한 패션관으로 젊은 층에게 압도적인 지지를 받고 있는 것은 물론, 출중한 연기력으로 일본 영화계에서 독보적인 위치를 차지하고 있는 배우다. 오는 10월25일 개봉되는 '오다기리 죠의 도쿄타워'에서 주연을 맡아 다시 한 번 그의 열풍을 몰고 올 것으로 기대를 모은다.

포털사이트 엠파스가 지난 12일부터 일주일간 한국 영화계에서 '한국의 오다기리 죠'라 할 수 있는 배우는 누구일까라는 주제로 설문을 벌인 결과 조인성이 1위에 올랐다.

오다기리 죠는 갸날픈 선을 가진 아름다운 외모는 여성 팬들을 사로잡는 메이저 급 매력을 가지고 있지만, 동시에 마이너의 감수성을 자극하는 양면의 매력을 가지고 있다.

조인성은 무엇보다 미소년의 이미지를 간직하고 있지만 배우만의 광기가 점점 보인다는 점이 가장 많은 득표수를 얻었다. 유하 감독의 '비열한 거리'로 연기력과 자신의 개성을 겸비한 배우로 자리매김하기 시작한 조인성은 데뷔 초반 '마들렌' '클래식'에서 선보인 청춘 스타의 이미지를 벗고 자신의 색을 가진 배우로 성장했다는 의견이다. 인기에 연연하지 않고 감독과 작품으로 배역을 선택하는 진중한 자세가 무엇보다 큰 평가를 받았다.

2위는 강동원과 류승범이 공동으로 차지했다. '오다기리 죠의 도쿄타워'와 같은 10월25일 개봉되는 'M'의 강동원은 모델 출신다운 신체비율과 남녀 누구나 인정하는 외모가 그 이유로 꼽혔다. 무엇보다 강동원의 5년 후가 오다기리 죠가 연상되어 그의 미래가 기대된다는 의견이 많았다. 류승범은 남다른 패션 센스와 몸 사리지 않는 배역 선택, '오다기리 죠처럼 평범하지 않은 역할도 잘 맡는 모험심 강한 배우라면 류승범'이라는 의견이 다수를 차지했다.

[관련기사]

모바일로 보는 스타뉴스 "342 누르고 NATE/magicⓝ/ez-i"

머니투데이가 만드는 리얼타임 연예뉴스

제보 및 보도자료 star@mtstarnews.com<저작권자 ⓒ 머니투데이 스타뉴스>

김원겸(기자) gyummy@mtstarnews.com

20070928170931672b61710af8.jpg

^

okey...now what this was about?

and our wonnie lost again with jis, hiks...

gomapta oceanluv..you'll always come with updating news..... :)

so happy that he'll be attending PIFF....

'M' fighting ...!!!

thanks kdramafunusa 4 all news.....

:)

^syille, i still don't know.... :unsure:

dada_princess, trans this pls...

NEWS

07-09-29

강동원, 부산으로 ‘1년만의 외출’

7i2993wonrp9.jpg

강동원이 4일 개막되는 제12회 부산국제영화제에서 1년 만에 공식 석상에 얼굴을 내비친다.

강동원은 지난해 ‘우리들의 행복한 시간’ 개봉 이후 영화 ‘M’ 촬영에 몰두하느라 두문불출했다. 영화 촬영이 끝난 후에도 미국으로 장기간 여행을 떠나 얼굴을 보기 힘들었다.

그러나 이명세 감독과 두번째 호흡을 맞춘 영화 ‘M’이 부산영화제가 올해부터 신설한 ‘갈라 프레젠테이션’ 섹션에 초청돼 부산을 방문하게 되면서 오랜만에 팬들을 만나게 됐다. 강동원은 6일 이명세 감독·이연희·공효진과 열리는 시사회와 기자회견에 참석할 예정이다. 2년 전 제10회 부산국제영화제 때 강동원이 남포동에서 무대 인사를 하다가 안전사고가 일어날 뻔했던 뜨거운 열기가 재연될지 귀추가 주목된다.

한편 이날 시사회에 경남 창원에 살고 있는 강동원의 가족들이 참석할 예정이어서 눈길을 끌고 있다. 강동원은 고향 창원이 부산과 가까워 가족을 초대했다는 후문이다.

〈최재욱기자〉

- 경향신문이 만드는 生生스포츠! 스포츠칸, 구독신청 (http://smile.khan.co.kr) -

ⓒ 스포츠칸 & 미디어칸(http://www.sportskhan.net), 무단전재 및 재배포 금지

------------------------

Pics from 'From Far Away' Exhibition

33731401fh5.jpg

12440991ie7.jpg

55716785qo6.jpg

18762512pc1.jpg

49609580rb2.jpg

dongwon should have attended this event... <_<

^

You're right.. he should've attended that event....

:)

counting on you 4 that news....hehe....

and wow....wish i were there also...

big pics of him...so hard to imagine...surrounding by his pics... ;)

you know what ?? maybe i'll be faint..if i meet him...

:D

Guest dada_princess

you know what ?? maybe i'll be faint..if i meet him...

:D

I also wish to travel to Pusan now to see him indeed, but still not everyone can do this...OMG hixhix

^syille, i still don't know.... :unsure:

dada_princess, trans this pls...

NEWS

07-09-29

강동원, 부산으로 ‘1년만의 외출’

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2518/7i2993wonrp9.jpg

---

Pics from 'From Far Away' Exhibition

dongwon should have attended this event... <_<

The poll is about the fashion style of male stars with worn-out clothes, no 1 are Jo In Sung and Odakiri Jyo (a japanese model, i'm not sure of his proper name), Dong Won and Ryu Seung Bum, both of them place no 2.

It's a pity that he didnot attend the Esquire's exhibition, i saw many stars there :( Anyways those sepia photos are very awesome :D i love them all

Here is the trans:

강동원, 부산으로 ‘1년만의 외출’

Gang Dong Won, 'only one year outing' back to Pusan

강동원이 4일 개막되는 제12회 부산국제영화제에서 1년 만에 공식 석상에 얼굴을 내비친다.

Gang Dong Won is about to appear in front of the line for the first time in one year on the opening of the 12th Pusan International Film Festival on the 4th.

강동원은 지난해 ‘우리들의 행복한 시간’ 개봉 이후 영화 ‘M’ 촬영에 몰두하느라 두문불출했다. 영화 촬영이 끝난 후에도 미국으로 장기간 여행을 떠나 얼굴을 보기 힘들었다.

Gang Dong Won, after 'Our happy time' premiere last year, has absorbed in the filming of movie 'M' and confined himself at home. Also, when the filming finished, he left for America to take a long term travel, so it was difficult to see his face.

그러나 이명세 감독과 두번째 호흡을 맞춘 영화 ‘M’이 부산영화제가 올해부터 신설한 ‘갈라 프레젠테이션’ 섹션에 초청돼 부산을 방문하게 되면서 오랜만에 팬들을 만나게 됐다. 강동원은 6일 이명세 감독·이연희·공효진과 열리는 시사회와 기자회견에 참석할 예정이다. 2년 전 제10회 부산국제영화제 때 강동원이 남포동에서 무대 인사를 하다가 안전사고가 일어날 뻔했던 뜨거운 열기가 재연될지 귀추가 주목된다.

Nevertheless, he's going to meet fans for the first time in ages while paying a visit to Pusan to which the movie 'M' keeping time with director Lee Myung Se the second time was invited to PIFF's 'Gala Presentation' organized in Olhae/올해. It is scheduled that Gang Dong Won together with director Lee Myung Se, actresses Lee Yeon Hee, Gong Hyo Jin will attend the movie preview hold on the 6th. At the 10th PIFF 2 years ago, it's still obvious fact that a security accident occured while Gang Dong Won made greetings on stage at Nampodong and the issue of hot enumeration is noticeable.

한편 이날 시사회에 경남 창원에 살고 있는 강동원의 가족들이 참석할 예정이어서 눈길을 끌고 있다. 강동원은 고향 창원이 부산과 가까워 가족을 초대했다는 후문이다.

On the other hand, it appeals to attention because Gang Dong Won's family who live in Kyungnam, Changwon plan to attend the preview that day.

〈최재욱기자〉

Journalist Choi Jae Wook

Guest syille

^

well...thank's dadani...

but i don't get this "At the 10th PIFF 2 years ago, it's still obvious fact that a security accident occured while Gang Dong Won made greetings on stage at Nampodong and the issue of hot enumeration is noticeable."

can't you explain? what did happend that day?

Guest dada_princess

^

well...thank's dadani...

but i don't get this "At the 10th PIFF 2 years ago, it's still obvious fact that a security accident occured while Gang Dong Won made greetings on stage at Nampodong and the issue of hot enumeration is noticeable."

can't you explain? what did happend that day?

On Sep 9, Duelist crew had a stage greeting at piff's open square in Nampodong in the late afternoon but the event is paralised by the crowd jostling dangerously to take photo of Dong Won oppa. Organizers were worried that this could lead to unexpectedly serious threats to Dongwonnie and many fans at the time, so they had to wind up the event earlier than schedule after Dong Won finished his only 5 minute-talking and then drove him in haste to the backstage.

Actually, there was no 'security accident' but the enumeration on that day was a hot issue at the time. Dongwonnie is always prominent at movie festivals, especially PIFF hosted close to his home town :D Even after 2 years, i think this would probably happen once again :rolleyes: .

5aj75006qo8.jpg

86587237rb3.jpg

The closer it gets to M premiere, the more curious i am about the movie :) All of a sudden, i'm watching again the some first episodes of Magic...i love his most modern charming outlook in it. I hope he will star in a new drama after this Piff :P so we'd have more chance to see him on TV. You know, drama is always longer than movie.... ;)

Guest subduing mara

Full of surprises from Esquires , thx again oceanluv

A crystal clear of what happened last year :o . thx dadaprincess ... I am rahter concerned about the security measures for PIFF this year.. Hope they learnt something from this incident and our DW would be okey on crowded fans.. Even I wanted him to appear on PIFF so badly, his security is the 1st priority to take into consideration :sweatingbullets: ...

Guest kdramafanusa

(source: CHOSUN Nov.17,2006 10:13 KST)

Which Korean Stars Have the Greatest Pulling Power?

Who is the actor in Chungmuro today who can mobilize the greatest number of fans? And just how many tickets can be sold on the basis of that actor’s name alone? We asked a group of 12 producers and PR execs that know actors’ commercial value best who in Korea can “open” a movie and ranked the top 20 according to the result. It is the fourth survey of its kind and covers any actor who starred in at least one major film.

053023054287600467.jpg

^ Song Kang-ho, Jang Dong-gun, Cho Seung-woo

886900227816122524.jpg

^ Lee Young-ae, Jeon Do-yeon, Jeon Ji-hyun

Top Stars

Song Kang-ho ranked first on the star power list among all actors and actresses. He is thought to have enough gravity to bring at least 1.28 million to the theaters, beating out last year’s winner Jang Dong-gun (1.15 million). Proving his worth again this year in the lead of “The Host”, Korea’s greatest box office success, Song already landed the top spot in 2003. Of 12 experts that took part in the survey, 10 pointed to Song as the actor with the greatest ability to open a film. He ranked second last year.

Amongst women, perennial favorite Lee Young-ae came first with an estimated opening power of some 900,000 viewers. In the last three surveys, the actress came third. Topping the list despite the fact that she has not appeared in a film since last year’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” is an additional feat. The failure of films starring last year’s no. 1 and 2, Moon Geun-young (“Love Me Not”) and Jeon Ji-hyun (“Daisy”), to live up to audience expectations also played a role in Lee’s rise to the top.

Familiar Faces

Among those trailing the two were a galaxy of stars in their 30s who managed to improve their standing, led by Jeon Do-yeon (second), Uhm Jung-hwa (ninth), Kim Hye-soo (11th) in the women’s category, and Hwang Jung-min (eighth) and Lee Byung-hun (ninth) in the men’s. Of particular note is Kim Hye-soo, unable even to make the top 20 last year following a string of appearances in box office disappointments and overall lack of good luck. She soared to 11th this time around after she landed a part that seemed perfect for her in “War of Flowers.” In a year when competition was especially fierce, their ranking shows the tried and true commercial value of such stars.

Rising Stars

The biggest surprise was Cho In-sung. Not even included on the list last year, his performance in “A Dirty Carnival” brought him recognition as an actor and the fifth spot on the list. Nos. 3 to 5 on the list Cho Seung-woo, Kang Dong-won and Cho In-sung look like the glue that will hold Chungmuro together. Hyun Bin (16th) and Lee Jun-ki (19th) also garnered plaudits for their parts this year. There were no new female stars on the list, but Song Hye-kyo (14th), Choi Kang-hee (19th) and Goh Hyun-jeong (20) were all either in their first film or part of hits that brought them new recognition as actors.

Endangered Species

The two stars whose draw dwindled the most this year were Kwon Sang-woo and Kang Hye-jeong. No. 3 last year, Kwon was not part of any box office successes this year, and found himself amid a swirl of rumors that cost him 10 spots on the list. Rising like a comet last year, Kim Hye-jeong was in the flop “Love Phobia,” which sent her plummeting again from fifth to 18th.