Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest dada_princess

Thanks for all. I couldn't keep it up Dongwonie's stuff these days. A trip to countryside after last term test... ^_^ Great that Dongwonni reaches the top in many categories. i'll vote for him too.

About Lee Yeon Hee, strictly speaking, i don't think chemical reaction would probably happen between this actress and Dongwonnie. If the heroine was by Han Ji Min, things would be different as she's very porpular in the country. As far as i know, Lee Yeon Hee hasn't received much supports and good criticism for her acting. And as for me, i felt very aweful with her acting in some recent films. I'm worried that M would be kicked out the box office with few admission just after few weeks on the chart :tears: .

Fortunately, M still has our Doongwonnie, experienced director Lee Myung Se and talented actress Gong Hyo Jin. Hope everything goes well this fall :) . However, Hyo Jin didn't talk much about the movie in her latest interview by KBS.

Hey Kamin, i couldn't loading your website, please offer me the proper URL once again, ok? ;)

dada_princess, i'm not surprised much if M's box office doesn't go well like Duelist...

i think it's not because of LYH or anything...

maybe Lee Myung se's style didn't captivate mass market...

'coz most people should enjoy the plot more than mise-en-scene...

you will see more if you read this article that Syille posted a week later

" How would you evaluate Lee’s movies?

Song: In my opinion, he is the only writer/ director in Korea to create genuine films without focusing too much on the narrative.

It was distressing to see his movies being misinterpreted and not given the credit they deserve.

Director Lee tries to communicate through the rhythm, colors and mise-en-scene in his movies, but critics only focused on the plot.

I think this is due to the strong influence of leftist movies and thesis movies, which emphasize the message over the movie’s style."

i still respect Lee's films anyway...most creative director i've ever seen...

Mnet 20's Choice

Vote Update 07/25 01:40 am

Choice 1

- Best Actor kdw (oht) - 5,720 (51.076%)

- Best Couple kdw&lny (oht) - 2,954 (26.682)

- CF star kdw - 3,028 (27.026%)

Choice 2

- Villain Role kdw (vom) - 4,949 (38.005%)

Choice 3

- Best Style (male) kdw - 3,959 (32.345%)

- Photogenic (male) kdw - 5,669 (46.38%)

30110636fz9.gif

Guest thunderbolt

maybe Lee Myung se's style didn't captivate mass market...

" How would you evaluate Lee’s movies?

Song: In my opinion, he is the only writer/ director in Korea to create genuine films without focusing too much on the narrative.

It was distressing to see his movies being misinterpreted and not given the credit they deserve.

Director Lee tries to communicate through the rhythm, colors and mise-en-scene in his movies, but critics only focused on the plot."

PD Lee was chosen as Best Director for Duelist (or maybe Duelist was chosen Best Film) by his peers (fellow movie directors) in one award. Sorry, I forgot the name of the Awards. I believe he is highy regarded in the industry.

I have confidence in Dongwonnie and Gong Hyo-jin. But even if 'M' does not do well at the box office, I think it's okay. Every movie is a new learning experience for him. I would say that among his fellow actors of similar age, Dongwon is doing extremely well and proving that he is a talented actor with his choice of work. I really like the fact that every movie role has been different. He's NOT being typecast (playing the same old role) and that's great. It shows how versatile he is as an actor.

Guest syille

Mnet 20's Choice

Vote Update 07/25 01:40 am

Choice 1

- Best Actor kdw (oht) - 5,720 (51.076%)

- Best Couple kdw&lny (oht) - 2,954 (26.682)

- CF star kdw - 3,028 (27.026%)

Choice 2

- Villain Role kdw (vom) - 4,949 (38.005%)

Choice 3

- Best Style (male) kdw - 3,959 (32.345%)

- Photogenic (male) kdw - 5,669 (46.38%)

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/1408/30110636fz9.gif

thanks 4 the update oceanluv but i wanna know his rangk.....

is he at the top ?

just curious...

hehe....

btw cute gif... ..it's from oht promo right?

^

he is ranking no.1 in many categories :)

Vote Update 07/25 04:40 pm

Choice 1

- Best Actor kdw (oht) no.1 - 6,304 (51.398)

- Best Couple kdw&lny (oht) no.2 - 3,198 (26.388%)

- CF star kdw no.2 - 3,324 (27.106%)

Choice 2

- Villain Role kdw (vom) no.1 - 5,544 (38.685%)

Choice 3

- Best Style (male) kdw no.1 - 4,299 (32.063%)

- Photogenic (male) kdw no.1 - 6,238 (46.58%)

or go to Mnet 20's Choice to check his rank...

yes, the cute gif is from oht promo...chubby boy but very adorable ^^

Guest syille

thanks 4 the update oceanluv..good job, keep doing it, we counting on you...

;)

photogenic? ofcourse.... no doubt.........

best actor? finally..........should be win this..........

villain role?? oooh...too cute....but sure he made a good impress (just with voice) on his voice perfomance........

so happy........ this morning open soompi and got a good news....

:D

keep counting...

Mnet 20's Choice

Vote Update 07/26 17:05

Choice 1

- Best Actor kdw (oht) no.1 - 9,333 (51.931%)

- Best Couple kdw&lny (oht) no.2 - 4,612 (25.944%)

- CF star kdw no.2 - 4,884 (27.013%)

Choice 2

- Villain Role kdw (vom) no.1 - 8,690 (39.717%)

Choice 3

- Best Style (male) kdw no.1 - 6,385 (31.224%)

- Photogenic (male) kdw no.1 - 9,632 (47.183%)

source: http://choice.mnet.com/Vote/VoteRanking_Lst.asp?PageNum=2_1

img216546509590473wo3.jpg

Guest syille

^

Yaaha....thanks about the update....btw which couple can beat kdw n lny?

Do you know ??

Some art made by fans (i think) got it from yahoo korea,

artimg_34795_1238706_2.jpg

artimg_34795_1238706_1.jpg

artimg_34795_1238706_0.jpg

and this is (maybe) from a lucky fans, who got his autograph, yaaah......what would i do if i'm that girl... :) faint? Hehe...

kdwsign.jpg

did anyone know what this is about?

Since kdw name in it, but i really dont get what it is....

sertifikat______.jpg

spoiler alert:

oceanluv....

i think lately in this thread..there is only just you and me......

thank God you are a very nice company.......... :)

thank you very much....i don't know what to do if you gone too......

;)

Mnet 20's Choice

Vote Update 07/27 12:00

Choice 1

- Best Actor kdw (oht) no.1 - 11,203 (52.299%)

- Best Couple kdw&lny (oht) no.2 - 5,512 (26.006%))

- CF star kdw no.2 - 5,846 (27.143%)

Choice 2

- Villain Role kdw (vom) no.1 - 10,689 (40.289%)

Choice 3

- Best Style (male) kdw no.1 - 7,707 (30.985%)

- Photogenic (male) kdw no.1 - 11,798 (47.506%)

source: http://choice.mnet.com/Vote/VoteRanking_Lst.asp?PageNum=2_1

-----------------------

Related NEWS

2007/07/26

English Translation by Nicemao

1123js8.jpg

There is a fierce fight between GongYoo and Kang Dongwon in a recently survey of M-net 20's choice--Best Style (male)

People thought it was a competition just between Dongwon and Jo In-sung at first, but it changed later, Gong yoo has catught up with Jo In-sung because his fans find Gongyoo is charming and perfect in his new drama (Coffee Prince).

Kang dongwon is ahead now, and we hope Dongwon will win at last ^0^

The award ceremony will be held in Walker Hill River on August 21st.

hat1it2.gif

Dongwon Fighting!!!

Although dw is on vacation now, we hopely see you attending this ceremony... :blush:

^

Yaaha....thanks about the update....btw which couple can beat kdw n lny?

Do you know ??

the couple from The Unstopable High Kick is ranking no.1, the very hot darma now...

Guest dada_princess

^

and this is (maybe) from a lucky fans, who got his autograph, yaaah......what would i do if i'm that girl... :) faint? Hehe...

kdwsign.jpg

did anyone know what this is about?

Since kdw name in it, but i really dont get what it is....

sertifikat______.jpg

spoiler alert:

oceanluv....

i think lately in this thread..there is only just you and me......

thank God you are a very nice company.......... :)

thank you very much....i don't know what to do if you gone too......

;)

Thanks for the update, oceanluv, you're awesome :). i agree with you, Dongwonnie will win at last due to his amazing appearance in the hit movie Voice of murderer. Gong Yoo with Coffee prince,well.. really interesting, but whether he can beat Dongwonnie??? We'll know it this August ;)

Syille, i really dont want to talk about this matter any more but since you're still unaware of this incident, i'll tell you. That "Dongwonnie's signature" in the paper was used as a clue to prove that he graduated without attending some exam test dates. Very long ago, I saw it on Daum and tried to believe that it's not his genuine signature and that's a fake one. The name of the professor is made to be transparent in that paper, i have the original photo but i wont post it here. What written is as follows:

"To teacher Kim Yong Il(김용일),

Please be happy forever. I ask you do me a favour/ I ask for your help.

Kang Dong Won

2005-01-03"

About the certificate, this is a present from Japanese fans to Dong Wonnie's 26th birthday. They picked up a star and named it after Dongwonnie, which means that the star's name is Gang Dong Won officially in japan ( i dont know if this is applied in other places).

Guest Airine Pratama

Whoa i just know about Mnet 20's Choice ... I just got y internet connection back. That's great Dongwon is on top for some categories. I hope it will still like that till the ceremony held. Esp Best Actor ... i really hope for it.

Guest Airine Pratama

Thanks for all. I couldn't keep it up Dongwonie's stuff these days. A trip to countryside after last term test... ^_^ Great that Dongwonni reaches the top in many categories. i'll vote for him too.

About Lee Yeon Hee, strictly speaking, i don't think chemical reaction would probably happen between this actress and Dongwonnie. If the heroine was by Han Ji Min, things would be different as she's very porpular in the country. As far as i know, Lee Yeon Hee hasn't received much supports and good criticism for her acting. And as for me, i felt very aweful with her acting in some recent films. I'm worried that M would be kicked out the box office with few admission just after few weeks on the chart :tears: .

Fortunately, M still has our Doongwonnie, experienced director Lee Myung Se and talented actress Gong Hyo Jin. Hope everything goes well this fall :) . However, Hyo Jin didn't talk much about the movie in her latest interview by KBS.

Hey Kamin, i couldn't loading your website, please offer me the proper URL once again, ok? ;)

PD Lee was chosen as Best Director for Duelist (or maybe Duelist was chosen Best Film) by his peers (fellow movie directors) in one award. Sorry, I forgot the name of the Awards. I believe he is highy regarded in the industry.

I have confidence in Dongwonnie and Gong Hyo-jin. But even if 'M' does not do well at the box office, I think it's okay. Every movie is a new learning experience for him. I would say that among his fellow actors of similar age, Dongwon is doing extremely well and proving that he is a talented actor with his choice of work. I really like the fact that every movie role has been different. He's NOT being typecast (playing the same old role) and that's great. It shows how versatile he is as an actor.

Umm probably a very late reply for these post ^^ but unsual movies like Director Lee made could be a huge success or could be a so-so movie in term of box office rate ... I guess Director Lee made a hit movie too with Ahn Sung Ki in it (if i'm not wrong), a very old one in the 90s ... I'm so sorry if i'm wrong. It really depend on the market taste at that time. Right movie on the right time. Just hope for the best and M will be a success too. We all believe in Director Lee and Dongwon's talent so i think M will still be an enjoyable movie and has chance to make it a hit.

Guest dada_princess

i guess you indicate "No where to hide", yeah, that's a hit movie of director lee and actor Ahn

i guess you indicate "No where to hide", yeah, that's a hit movie of director lee and actor Ahn

Hey how does Kang's hair look now is it still short? or did he let it grow out. I noticed in one of those GIF's he put on a few pounds. I swear he looks so different with his short hair, he looks nice.

Guest mayva

KDW is so adorable, let alone HOT! i love watching him on screen and he is an exceptional actor. i cried like a lost child while watching our happy times, his voice in the end during execution seriously striked a soft spot in my heart, just thinking about the movie get me all teary eyed. i haven't been following up on him though, what is he up to? any movies in the making or coming out?