Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

London Korean Film Festival Kicks Off

Write : 2014-11-07 11:03:19 Update : 2014-11-07 12:28:18

sIMfuk.jpg

The London Korean Film Festival, the biggest South Korean film festival in Europe, kicked off on Thursday.  

"Kundo: Age of the Rampant" opened the festival with director Yoon Jong-bin and one of the main actors of the film, Kang Dong-won, holding a Q&A session at the screening.

This year’s ninth film festival will feature a total of 55 South Korean movies that will be screened in London, Norwich, Aberystwyth and Hebden Bridge. The event will run for 15 days through November 21.

Of the movies to be screened at the London festival, 30 movies are being premiered in Europe, raising expectations that the festival will boost the sales of South Korean movies in the region.

source

---------------------------

more pic

DluCVa.jpg

source

s7K8SS.jpg
zxlxfN.jpg

ins

Zr4Quh.jpg

credit as tagged

I was lucky enough to attend the screening of Kundo at the LKFF. Kang Dong-won is very handsome in person, the pictures do not do him justice! He also seemed very kind and charming despite being very jet lagged. I will follow his future projects very closely now!

@kawaiireaper, you are so lucky! I'm so glad with you...I'd met him in person once before, he's handsome indeed...I don't know how to describe him, he is as we see him through the screen, a bit shy, humble, kind and full of charisma, I wish I can see him one more time. :)

Guest AnJilaah

Kang Dong Won is nominated for Best Actor in the 51st Daejong Film Awards (nominated for Kundo). He is up against Choi Min Sik, Song Kang Ho, Park Hae Il, Jung Woo Sung. This will be held on November 21. 
wow the level of actors nominated are amazing! I don't think he'll go haha but who knows. :) but I hope he does. Congrats for his nomination!
30000433210_700.jpg
Cr: http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10005923822

Guest vanityfull

Anyone filmed the q&a session at Kingston screening? I felt like it was rude to take videos when he was answering my question T_T Now I am gutted.

newbie here but always been a fan of Kang Dong Won <3 
Its 2014 and i'm still looking for Camellia and The X with eng sub... anyone had any luck???

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 23px; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nominees for 51st Grand Bell Awards Announcedddangha November 11, 2014

The nominees for the upcoming 51st Grand Bell Awards were announced. The ceremony will take place at KBS Hall on November 21.

The Grand Bell Awards celebrate is an award ceremony held every year that is presented by The Motion Pictures Association of Korea, to celebrate the year’s finest films. It is also the country’s oldest film awards.

The Attorney” and “Roaring Currents” led this year’s nomination race, with “The Attorney” earning 11 nominations and “Roaring Currents” with 10.

Below are the list of nominees for the main awards of this year’s Grand Bell Awards.

Best Actor:

• Kang Dong Won (“Kundo: Age of the Rampant“)
  • Park Hae Il (“Whistle Blower”)
  • Song Kang Ho (“The Attorney”)
  • Jung Woo Sung (“The Divine Move“)
  • Choi Min Sik (“Roaring Currents”)read full: http://www.soompi.com/2014/11/11/nominees-for-51st-grand-bell-awards-announced/

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"London Korean Film Festival gets started 

Guest AnJilaah

Hi @vanityfull ,
Here's a video of the Q&A part posted by  @Vaninavanini (thanks oceanluv for clarification XD) above. I am not sure if this cover the whole interview. 

and wow you are so lucky to see him in person. and you have asked a question as well. :x Can I ask what was your question to him? :)
hi @rai123 welcome!
unfortunately, those two movies you mentioned as of now, we have yet to find a good eng subtitles. :( hopefully we can get one sooner or later. :)

Guest AnJilaah

Some news on KDW :)
Kang Dong Won was second on a poll/survey about "Celebrities who men and women want to be with on the 1st snow". He got 21% of the vote. :)>-
1. Im Si Wan - 25%2. Kang Dong Won - 21%3. So Ji Sub - 19%4. Lee Jong Seok - 16%
Cr: here
Lee Yuri (an actress who starred in a weekend drama Jang Bori is Here) guest on Park Kyung Lim's radio show and expresses her desire to try out a romantic comedy drama. :) When asked which actor she wants to work with, she said she is a fan of Kang Dong Won and wants to do a romantic comedy drama with him. 
Cr: here

Cr: ARIRANG KPOP @youtube

Seriously ahjussi, why you suddenly bumped in my dream huh ? Maybe after i was too much watching Jeon Woo Chi and i always kept swooning when you appeared with that red leather jacket and your husky voice so i dreamt of you :XSaranghaeyo ahjusii :X