Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

[spot] Press Release for Highly Anticipated Movie ‘Kundo: Age of Rampant’Posted by: psr project , June 10, 2014
45.jpg
On June 10th, the press release for <Kundo: Age of the Rampant> was held at Megabox in Samsung-dong Gangnam District, Seoul with the participation of director Yoon Jong-bin and cast members including Ha Jeong-woo, Kang Dong-won, Lee Sung-min, Jo Jing-woong, Ma Dong-seok, Yoon Ji-hye, Jung Man-sik, Kim Sung-gyun and Kim Jae-young.
<Kundo: Age of the Rampant> is an action movie set in the late Joseon dynasty about righteous thieves who fight against corrupt officials. Kundo means righteous thieves. In reality, a long time ago, there was a group of thieves like that in Jirisan Mountain called ‘Chuseol’, which also appears on the movie.
Director Yoon Jong-bin said, “I want to make a hopeful movie. I thought of movies I watched when I was young. I wanted to make a movie that makes people’s hearts beat”, explaining about the intention of the movie. He added that, “I was a fan of Kang Dong-won. I had asked him to be in my movies even before this new movie.”
Lee Sung-min, who plays the head of the Kundo in the movie said, “There was full of energy of stamina as so many men were at the shooting studios. Jo Jin-woong said, “I focused on acting as what the script said without violent scenes.”
55.jpg
<Kundo: The Age of Rampant> Main actors Kim Jae-young, Yoon Ji-hye, Ma Dong-seok, Jo Jin-woong, Ha Jeong-woo, Kang Dong-won, Lee Sung-min, Jung Man-sik and Kim Sung-kyun
Ma Dong-seok, who plays ‘Chun-bo’ said, “I focused on delivering the lines in the script well. I always enjoy working with the director after <Beastie Boys> and <Nameless Gangster>.” Yoon Ji-hye, who makes a comeback with the new movie after a while said, “I felt like belonging to a sexually minority group in the movie as I was surrounded by so many men. My character ‘Ma-hyang’ is not a very feminine character, which made me feel comfortable about acting it.”
Jung Man-sik, who plays ‘Butler Yang’ said, “I always leaned down and shrugged my shoulder. The only action scene I shoot was walking fast,” making people laugh. Kim Sung-kyun, who played Sam Cheon-po in ‘Reply 1994’ said “When I was heard that Yoon Jong-bin would make a new movie I went to the film company but I heard there was no character for me. They are not here but there are people whose surnames are Park and Choi in the movie. I played the role of Mr. Jang, which made me happy. MC Kim Je-dong made a witty comment saying, “It sounds quite different from Kang Dong-won’s story.”
Kim Jae-young, who plays a quiet character said, “I learned to walk a tightrope to shoot action scenes.” Yoon Ji-hye said Kim Jae-young had a lot of injuries. He broke his toe and a finger. Everyone cheered for his effort for the movie and clapped.

61.jpg
Kang Dong-won has been asked to work with Yoon Jong-bin
Yoon Jong-bin said, “I never know how dangerous it would be as it was my first time to make an action movie. It is very dangerous and difficult to film an action movie. So I got very nervous and sensitive about it. I always thank the actors.”
The subtitle of <Kundo> is < Age of the Rampant>. Director Yoon said, the movie is set in Joseon, the 13th year of Cheol-jong. So many people staged revolts across the country. People call it the ‘age of rampant’. I hope the viewers know about it before watching the movie.
When Lee Sung-min, who plays the head of the kundo which is more like a thief, he said “The character who became the thieves had a lot of difficulties and hardships. So many people were considered thieves. People often say ‘I can’t stand it’. These were the people who could not stand. I do not think we are thieves.

Credit Get I K | June 10 2014

Gang Dong-Won “return in 4 years, breath not yet back”

9857_1.jpg
On the 10th, briefing session of movie ‘Gundo:Age of Riot’ was held at COEX Megabox. Director Yoon Jong-Bin, actor Ha Jeong-Woo•Gang Dong-Won•Lee Seong-Min•Lee Gyeong-Young•Jo Jin-Woong•Ma Dong-Seok•Yoon Ji-Hye•Jeong Man-Shik•Kim Seong-Gyoon•Kim Jae-Young participated.
Gang Dong-Won confessed, “It was difficult to film in a long while. My breath was not yet back. It was too stuffy. My back of neck once became stiff.” Gang Dong-Won, who selected ‘Gundo’ as his first long commercial film after returning from military, said, “10 years passed since I made my debut and it felt like ‘I could live like a man’ and it became difficult again. I forgot all the know-hows I had. It returned slightly when I was way into the filming. I suffered somewhat.”
‘Gundo’ is an action film about righteous outlaws turning the world upside down where corrupt officials monopolize. Director Yoon Jong-Bin is directing and top actor Ha Jeong-Woo and Gang Dong-Won will be acting. The movie will be released on July 23rd. 

credit Innolife | June 10 2014

June 10, 2014
Actors Ha Jung-woo and Kang Dong-won
PYH2014061008450031500_P2.jpg
South Korean actors Ha Jung-woo (L) and Kang Dong-won, the stars of the new South Korean movie "Kundo: Age of the Rampant," attend the media preview event for the film at a theater in southern Seoul on June 10, 2014. (Yonhap) (END)

"KUNDO" Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won

photo446011.jpg
Ha Jeong-woo spoke about Kang Dong-won's personality.
The press conference for the movie "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" was held on the 10th at Kangnam Megabox COEX. Director Yoon Jong-bin, Kim Seong-gyoon, Jeong Man-sik, Lee Sung-min, Kang Dong-won, Ha Jeong-woo, Jo Jin-woong, Ma Dong-seok, Yoon Ji-hye and Kim Jae-yeong made an appearance.
About working with Ha Jeong-woo, Kang Dong-won said, "He is very relaxed and carefree on the set. It's something I should learn and also, he's so good a leading everyone".
About Kang Dong-won having some difficulties in filming this movie for the first time in 4 years, Ha Jeong-woo responded, "I didn't sense he was suffering. He's Kang Dong-won indeed".
Ha Jeong-woo stated, "Kang Dong-won is attractive in front of the camera but he's even more when the cameras are turned off. He always speaks to his seniors first about what's on his mind and that was surprising to me. I was impressed by him, it's beyond what I expected".
Netizens say, "Ha Jeong-woo and Kang Dong-won are the best", ""KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" is the best", "They are the best" and more.
Source SegyeCredit Hancinema | June 10 2014

Guest ohsooyoung

Who the heck did KDW cut his hair? It's really unven :P However, he looks adorable and stood out still. :x Uhm...maybe The hair dresser stared at his cute face when he/she was cutting his hair off. :D didn't realize there's something wrong in his hair. :D:D

Guest AnJilaah

haha ^ohsooyoung the uneven haircut was the first thing I noticed when I saw his hair. lol that and he had his hair dyed in dark brown. but still agree with you and lyrayoo, it makes him look younger and his facial expressions add up to it as well. He is so cute  ;))
Kang Dong Won being weirded out seeing his own face? kkk
IE001721237_STD.jpg

or did he got scared? =))
2039275434_d8727ae6.jpg

Credit: as tagged

June 11, 2014
Ha Jung-woo calls Kang Dong-won a ‘macho’
By Chung Joo-won (joowonc@heraldcorp.com) The Korea Herald

Actor Kang Dong-won has an extremely masculine way of thinking, said actor and film director Ha Jung-woo, who costarred with him in the historical blockbuster “Kundo: Age of the Rampant.”
20140611001381_0.jpg
Actor-director Ha Jung-woo (left) and actor Kang Dong-won attend the press conference for their latest movie “Kundo: Age of the Rampant” on Tuesday. (OSEN)
“Kang Dong-won was far more attractive than I expected,” Ha said on Tuesday at a press conference for his latest film, which is set to launch on July 23. 
“Above all, he is a huge macho and probably has the most masculine way of thinking of all of us here,” the director alleged, contrasting this with Kang’s former trademark image as a soft-tempered urban gentleman, best expressed in his French Cafe Mix commercial for Namyang Dairy Products Co. Ltd. 
20140611001391_0.jpg
Actor Kang Dong-won appears in French Cafe Mix television commercial in 2010.
20140611001392_0.jpg
Actor Kang Dong-won appears in French Cafe Mix television commercial in 2008.
Kang, for his part, described Ha as someone who’s “absolutely hilarious” and said that they “hit it off very well” from the start, which made some of the hardest action scenes enjoyable.
In addition, Ha appreciated Kang for understanding his “code of humor,” again driving the crowd into a big round of laughter.
“I appreciate how Kang Dong-won understands my code of humor … We have exchanged jokes based on the sense of mutual trust,” he said. 
“Kundo: Age of the Rampant” is a history-based action blockbuster based on a civil uprising in the mid-19th century, during the Joseon era. A lowly butcher, Dochi, played by Ha, resents the socioeconomic exploitation by the aristocrats and organizes a resistance group called “Kundo.” 
Kang plays Jo-yoon, an illegitimate son of a powerful elite family, who leads the state troops to suppress Kundo. 

[Photo] Kang Dong Won at press conference of movie 'KUNDO : Age of Rampant'20140610130526_53968406df3a6_1.jpg
On June 10th, actor Kang Dong Won attended press conference of movie 'KUNDO : Age of Rampant', which was held at MegaBox COEX branch.

During the conference, Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Lee Sung Min Cho Jin Woong, Kim Sung Gyun, Ma Dong Seok, Jung Man Shik, Yoon Ji Hye, Kim Jae Young, and drector Yoon Jong Bin attended the conference to introduce the film and their parts.

Meanwhile, 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' will be officially released on July 23rd.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

[bnt photo] Kang Dong Won And Ha Jung Woo Act Together in New Film 'KUNDO'qrzofw8z37jch3qzguae4o2pz8h3e26u.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] New film 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' held a production press conference at COEX Megabox in Seoul. 
'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' is  when righteous outlaw KUNDO, who stole goods from corrupt officials for citizens, fighting against wealthy class back in Chosun Dynasty. 
The film, starring Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Lee Sung Min, Cho Jin Woong and Kim Sung Kyun as main casts, will be released in theaters on July 23.

[bnt photo] Kang Dong Won Finally Returns To Screen
98gfftemo7qw7r90dxlfe1ud4muqmy1l.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun / photo by Kim Chi Yoon] New film 'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' held a production press conference at COEX Megabox in Seoul. 
'KUNDO : Age of the Rampant' is  when righteous outlaw KUNDO, who stole goods from corrupt officials for citizens, fighting against wealthy class back in Chosun Dynasty. 
The film, starring Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won, Lee Sung Min, Cho Jin Woong and Kim Sung Kyun as main casts, will be released in theaters on July 23.