Legend Of The Condor Heroes 2008

autuymnrain

Hi ^^

I know I'm going to come off as a pooper or something, but I believe all this "that version this version better etc" is all personal attachment.

I don't like Hu Ge (seen too much of him for goodness sakes ==") and I seriously doubted Ariel Lin for all the reasons anyone would doubt her. I didn't watch any of the older versions, except for a few eps of the version with Julian (HK) which I barely remember since I was so young.

That's why I enjoyed this drama so much. It's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a fan of pairings though, don't do those XD.

Ariel made an addicting HR in my opinion, but since I never read the book, I can't really say anything about how true she was.

Hu Ge made a very relate-able Guo Jing that makes up for his lack of intelligence with a true (big too) heart.

My fav character came out as Qi Gong though XD. He is so amusing lmao. Not in any idol-like way of course hahaha!

CG doesn't bother me because I appreciate that kind of stuff, I mean I have no reason not to embrace it. We're all living in the 21st century people! They're there to enhance what is considered "super kungfu"? I don't see them use it on stuff like Zhou Buo Tong's 2-hand Kungfu (don't remember name ><)

Personal opinions I won't force on anyone of course ^^

To me, this is my first watch of LOCH.

I'm not going to deny this, but I'm so attached to this version, almost to a bias kind of way lol

I watched an eps of the 2003 version and I was like o_O

unfortuneatly, I landed in the middle of that fight between Ou Yang Fung and Hong Qi when Hong Qi got bitten by that snake. Rong Er's reaction was so dissapointing when she kept a dull face and told Guo Jing to help out with an even duller tone of voice.

*sighs*

08 version all the wayyy!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aimeee

meh, I seriously don't get why chinese drama makers dub the actor's voice...........0_o

Most of the time it's due to the way they film the drama.

Since China tends to film the dramas outdoors, they use the same style as filming movies.

A lot of times, there's so much noise in the background they have to edit it out.

If you watch HK movies & dramas, you can tell the difference between the actors/actresses voices in both.

At least in HK movies, they have the actors/actresses go to the studio & dub their own voices.

But for some reason, China seems to PREFER the females' voices to sound more feminine and masculine for males.

I've only watched up to Chapter 18 of this drama but I gotta say I love it already!

I love the Ariel-Hu Ge couple. (Although the Ariel-Mike couple will always hold a special place in my heart..)

Ariel did a really good job as Huang Rong and it's nice seeing Ariel as a "smart" girl.. :D

I just finished all the episodes and really? I LOVED IT! I don't care what other people say

but I think it was great! maybe it's because of my bias towards ariel and hu ge but still I

think the acting was great!!!!! I won't say more because I don't wanna ruin 50 episodes

for you guys but still~ i loved it! and IN YOUR FACE to all the people that didn't think ariel

could do it

but i loved this huang rong, suited my taste, she was strong, determined, in love

hu ge too, i was very pleased except for how NICE he was, pissed me off

mu nian ci i hated o.o not because of the acting but just her character was annoying

yang kang was good but of course his character was the worst, tricked everyone

the ending i wish was better i hoped to see a little more into huang rong and guo jing

edit:: chinese dramas dub voices because they are almost always flying around and it's hard

to have a mike following them around in the air too

-Rebecca

i can't wait to watch it.

they have the whole series uploaded onto veoh, youtube and tudo

but i cant watch it cos there's no subs

hu ge and ariel are so cute together cos their characters are so perfect for each other

the dopey and the witty couple. awwwwwwwwww

• 2 weeks later...

surprisingly, I actually like Ariel as Huang Rong. I was really skeptical but after watching a few episodes, she's not bad as Huang Rong. Heck, she actually is pretty believable. but as much as I love Hu Ge, he didn't strike me as Jing Ge Ge. I guess I'm still stuck on Julian as Jing Ge Ge.

meh, I seriously don't get why chinese drama makers dub the actor's voice...........0_o

yeah I was pretty annoyed by Ariel's dubbed, but thats because she doesn't speak mainland's mandarin. She speaks Taiwan's mandarin. So her accent wouldn't fit in with the rest of the cast and the time setting.

• 2 weeks later...

i actually like Ariel's dubbing though, I haven't watched ISWAK since I really liked the takeshi kawashibara & sato aiko version.. but i really thought her dubbing was appropriate, cos it kinda suited her babyface :) LOCH 2008 is the best best version ever.. although its an "idolized" version, it's still pretty watchable!

What totally rocked was Hu Ge and Ariel's chemistry on screen, and the powerful supporting cast! Ouyang Feng, Huang Yaoshi, Zhou Botong, and Hong Qigong are played by veterans, so it's really really good! I can't stop giggling to myself whenever I see Zhou Botong or qigong's scenes now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i just wanted to update the thread a bit. Jiang Hu has been kind enough to release 3 english subs for this, it's hardsubbed and can be found on d-addicts.

I loved the 1983 one with Felix and Barbara, but I have to say, in my opinion, this is probably the best of all the remakes. Ariel Lin has won me over as a fan completely, and her acting as Huang Rong has blown me away. :)

I loved the 1983 one with Felix and Barbara, but I have to say, in my opinion, this is probably the best of all the remakes. Ariel Lin has won me over as a fan completely, and her acting as Huang Rong has blown me away. :)

Yup! I thought Ariel Lin was awesome as Huang Rong! I wasn't really a fan of hers until now :)

LOTCH 08' is absolutely amazing....even though this was my first time watching this series.

But maybe because it was my first time watching it that has made it one of my favorites out there. ^_^

I finished watching this vietdubbed and I really enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical at first about Ariel as Huang Rong because I didn't see her as an actress who has that witty charm that Huang Rong is suppose to have, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I was a bit annoyed of the Yang Kang stories (like seriously in the beginning the stretch of his family history is a no-no). Overall I was pretty pleased with the cast except for the one that played Yang Kang's wife. Gosh, she looked so fragile all the time, boring. The CG wasn't horrible in this drama, a lot better then ROCH '06 though.

• 5 months later...
Guest crosshealchild

wow! i love this drama!!! Usually i like watching only korean drama but decided to change since nothing good is out right now. I first watched this drama because i like HuGe. I thought his acting in Butterfly lover was pretty okay...plus i thought he was cute.

i drama was awesome!!!!!! Romance/action/drama!!! what more can you ask for. Plus the acting is pretty good. I love ariel's character. She makes the story so interesting. Its a must see!!!!!

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I finished watching this vietdubbed and I really enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical at first about Ariel as Huang Rong because I didn't see her as an actress who has that witty charm that Huang Rong is suppose to have, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I was a bit annoyed of the Yang Kang stories (like seriously in the beginning the stretch of his family history is a no-no). Overall I was pretty pleased with the cast except for the one that played Yang Kang's wife. Gosh, she looked so fragile all the time, boring. The CG wasn't horrible in this drama, a lot better then ROCH '06 though.

Is there a way to watch this version vietdubbed online or download it? Can you share?

• 4 months later...

^ this is probably late, but i think you can find an english subbed version in youtube here: 940814's channel

Hu Ge's character is supposed to be dumb and nice as Guo Jing though. that's how he is in the novel. :) so the portrayal is right.

and here are some of my thoughts:

~~~~

I actually spent some time revisiting this, so I wanted to share my super late thoughts.

Having seen the series now, it makes me want to write a review- I think I will when I get the chance.

As a fan of the novel, and the 80's version, (I've watched allllll the remakes too, because it's my absolute favorite wuxia story) I must be one of the few minorities to really like this version.

Initially, I was extremely unhappy about some of the changes made, but loved the arcs of character development they did in here. I'm more than happy with how they built on Guo Jing's and Huang Rong's love story. (I think in terms of the couple, Hu Ge and Ariel really nailed it for me) I was also one of the first to put her down- finding her not fit for the role because of her physique, (though I am a huge fan of hers, and probably even more so after this) However, she won me over completely with her portrayal of Huang Rong, and I have to agree, she's probably the closest to the novel. I felt like she breathed life into the HR from the novel. She just nailed it! I was blown away, and to me, Ariel may have edged out Barbara as a Huang Rong with all the depth of emotions to it by a bit.

As for Hu Ge's portrayal of GJ, I was one to doubt he could pull it off as well- considering he came off really smart looking to me. But I was really pleased with is performance here, and will probably reserve my analysis on it for when I get a chance to write a review.

So considering my prior thoughts, I had to eat my words after finishing the series.

Of course there are several things I didn't like about this series when I first saw it. I just somewhat skimmed through it, because of how bias I was with loving the 80's version with Felix and Barbara. It's funny though, because I wasn't a hugeeeeee fan of Felix as Guo Jing in there, but the series was the best of all the versions I had seen up to 2003.

Then just recently, a friend asked me to recommend a good Chinese wuxia series to watch, and since he had never seen any of Jin Yong's work nor had any knowledge to the wuxia genre, I thought, why not tell him to watch LOCH. I suggested the 80's version, since it's a golden classic, but he felt it would be too old school for him, and so I don't know why, but between 2003 and 2008, I told him to watch 2008.

After starting it, my friend ended up really addicted to it. He started talking to me about it, and I was somewhat lost, considering I skimmed through it really fast the first time. So I actually found myself revisiting it. And the second time around, I have to say, I love it!

I finished it, and at the end, I couldn't, for the longest time, decide which version between my old love of the 80's and this 08 version. Deep down though, I might have to say that 08 may have edged out a bit, mainly for character development, and their relationships.

The Greats did a really nice job in my opinion. I found Brian's Qi Gong awesome, and I'm glad he replaced the previous actor. I don't think I would've liked it any other way. Of course it falls short next to Lau Dan's Qi Gong- because I found his interaction wonderful with Huang Rong. It really showed his love to her as a student and what not. In this version, there was only a slight bit of it, and more so that he passed on the leadership of being the Chief when he thought he was going to die. I wanted more QiGong and Huang Rong interaction, because in ROCH it still transcends on how much he adores HR and how much she really loves her sifu.

I too liked Anthony's portrayal of HYS, but it also was a bit more calm compared to the aloof ways of Kenneth who really owns at being HYS. Btu Anthony did a fine job with his expression and he managed to show the love he has for his wife and his daughter very well.

Yideng was alright for me, because he only had a short part anyways, but I might be one of the few who liked the actor playing him. He looked way cooler as a monk than as the emperor. It was like two different people for me!

OYF...I don't know what to say. He didn't leave any impression on me at all, and really can't beat the 80's OYF.

Despite many shortcomings, I really loved this remake of all the ones from 94, 03, and now this. Personally, I think it was the pure love GJ and HR had in this version that won me over completely. You could just tell they love each other, compared to even the 80's version. I felt moved and teary eyed and could really feel how much they cherished each other. And you can see their growth from the beginning of the series to at last, the very end.

I'm so glad I went back to revisit it.

I wrote an essay >.< :D

• 10 months later...
Guest cafebuon

i loved the storyline, and i watched both the 80s and the 90s version with Athena and Julian and i love the 90s version and athena protray the character really well. This version is kind of draggy and hu ge kind of makes the guy look stupider but the storyline is still good and hu ge and ariel lin have great chemistry.

Archived