Legend Of The Condor Heroes 2008

autuymnrain

I totally agree with what mookie said.

Good luck to Ariel...but to me Barbara is still THE HR and no one will ever be able to replace her..

I'm a bit biased as I love LOCH original to death. It's my most favorite drama of all time with excellent casts!

But I will still watch this as I love the story of LOCH and I'm curious to see how the idol actors can pull this out.

Soy, same as you, I think ROCH focus more on the love. But then again, I still prefer the original version.

Thanks BON for subbing this series.

rip barbara, she was a legend -_- .. i acutally own the series, i bought it for like 160 dollars (but money well spent) because the original is just too hard to replace. haha and barbara was the PERFECT HR, no doubt, haha i was asking my dad, why the heck did she play anything different in Chor Lau Heung. i liked roch though, dang im ready for a whole jin yong thread, haha i want to talk about all his work from loch to hsds to my personal favorite dgsd :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fullhouse.forever

i cant wait for it to come out.. im a big fan of ariel lin.. so anything got her in it.. i will watch it :D

Guest mookie

rip barbara, she was a legend -_- .. i actually own the series, i bought it for like 160 dollars (but money well spent) because the original is just too hard to replace. haha and barbara was the PERFECT HR, no doubt, haha i was asking my dad, why the heck did she play anything different in Chor Lau Heung. i liked roch though, dang im ready for a whole jin yong thread, haha i want to talk about all his work from loch to hsds to my personal favorite dgsd :)

haha Soy, do start a jinyung thread!!!! I have been slacking in rereading my jinyungs, but I should go back. dgsd is one of my favs too of jinyung, tension ridden, all characters torn in between good and evil, light and shade... I like that the characters ar all spectra of grey instead of clearcut good-evil black/white. When I was way younger my fav of the fav is the proud wandering warrior (still is), but the older I am the more I can appreciate his other works. He is just hands down THE best chinese novelist.

but yeah I have that 83 LoCH too and I'm still rewatching it once in a while. What bumped me most about RoCH is how HR is portraited as a middle aged moody psycho at times. Her wit and eccentric ingenuity didnt age well at all which is tad misogynically absurd. it's like JY deliberately 'normalize' her, forcing her to surrender to social norms. In some exaggeration it's like HY, after being a wife and mother, went thro a brain transplant. I, for one still hold the thought that, JY the author himself must be going thro some mid-life crisis and women problem then.

Guest quyenann

Awww, some of you are skeptical of Ariel's portrayal of HR? I've become an avid of hers in the last few months and have been watching all of hers and I must say that this girl knows how to deliver what is expected of her character. Her acting 'style' is not about being pretty (you know how some actresses can't act because all they do is act cute), but about being in character. If you want cute, she'll give you that (her cuteness is not an obvious type. It's the one where you learn to appreciate and love), if you want fiesty, , she'll give you that too, and unclever and unpretty? You just have to watch It Started with a Kiss and see how unpretty and unclever she can be.

Haha, can you tell that I'm a HUGE fan of hers?

If anything, I think she'll portray a better HR than Athena Chu (No offense to her tho. As gorgeous as she is, I don't think she captured the essence of HR).

Awww, some of you are skeptical of Ariel's portrayal of HR? I've become an avid of hers in the last few months and have been watching all of hers and I must say that this girl knows how to deliver what is expected of her character. Her acting 'style' is not about being pretty (you know how some actresses can't act because all they do is act cute), but about being in character. If you want cute, she'll give you that (her cuteness is not an obvious type. It's the one where you learn to appreciate and love), if you want fiesty, , she'll give you that too, and unclever and unpretty? You just have to watch It Started with a Kiss and see how unpretty and unclever she can be.

Haha, can you tell that I'm a HUGE fan of hers?

If anything, I think she'll portray a better HR than Athena Chu (No offense to her tho. As gorgeous as she is, I don't think she captured the essence of HR).

lol its not a matter if ariel can act or not, lol i believe she can act, its a matter of getting HR's character down. this is a challenging role, and ariel probably knew that it was when she signed on, but shes going to get some harsh criticism and be compared with the past HRs, thats a given, and shes going to have to deal with that.

lol in athena's defense, shes a better actress now .. lol HR wasnt the peak of her career -_- it was lacking .. and her protrayal of HR wasnt half bad, the problem was that HR wasnt that witty in her protrayal, which was a problem for me.

and mookie, i did start a JY thread :)

wow!

ariel is going to play HUANG RONG...

i think my friend will be excited to know that ^^

but since this drama have been remake for quite a few times, there will definately be a comparison when the drama is shown...

let's see how this one will be like...

hopefully they won't change much to the storyline...

Guest sOrastar

man.. hu ge might fit the role.. but ariel as huang rong? OH NO!!! i mean ariel is ok but not fit for this character -__- aiyaaaa

Guest marvey1214

i'm a huge fan of hu ge and ariel lin. i hope this turns out good. I've watched the 94 version and i think its quite ok. I dont like the 03 version, the casts are too old for my liking.

Guest Rainie

Another one? O.o....wow, they've been remaking way too many jing yong trilogies lately...the last LOTCH was with Li Ya Peng, now just in a span of 3 years, there's another one. I'm not exactly a fan of LOTCH, Jinyong wrote better ones later imo, but I liked the 2003 version a whole lot.

Not really a fan of the cast...I like Ariel Lin, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not sure if the leads are going to fit their roles. The characters have been played so many times in so many versions, so competing with a lot of the other main leads who have protrayed the leads GJ and HR, is going to be quite hard. I've seen Ariel in a couple teen dramas, and I personally think she fits better in those roles...

• 3 months later...
Guest WitchGoddess

I want to see Hu Ge act the part. I'm kind of looking forward to it. Its airing on July 24th, so a little less than a month away.

• 3 months later...

Hu Ge, Yuan Hong & some others have already started shooting about a month agao...

Below are some of the remaining casts who just joined the production

26647081uv0.jpg

^Xu Jing Jiang as Ou Yang Feng joined on 28 Sept

98899933oo8.jpg

^Weng Jia Ming as Yang Tie Xin joined on 30 Sept.

88437956db6.jpg

^Kathy Chow as Bao Xin Rou joined on 1st Oct.

99687695sd9.jpg

^Ariel Lin as Huang Rong joined on 2nd Oct.

It was said that the highly anticipated female lead is back, so everything is back on track :thumbsup :iloveyou:

source http://blog.sina.com.cn/06sd

Guest litto_gurl

i'm kind of looking foward to see this drama...saw preview on youtube...looking promising...

i like and a fan of hu ge, but not ariel "she can't act....." wish they could have picked someone better...

wish ady an would have taken the offered instead. she would be perfect...

hu ge and ady an was really good together in chinese paladin...

i've watched hu ge and ariel in "fairy from wonderland" can't stand ariel acting...she belong more into tawainese teen drama...

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

^ariel's a good actress

she portrayed her character in iswak perfectly

I think you're turned off bc of her character in iswak right?

• 2 months later...

lolz, a lot of you are saying that 82 is the original version, but the original original was actually made in the 70s with Michelle Mei Suet. Barbara was said to be chosen partly because of her bunny teeth which resembled Michelle.

anyway, i've seen enough remakes. i say it's time they come up with new storylines instead.

I was such a fan of Kathy Chow when I was little. I'm totally watching this. LOCH 82 will always be #1 in my heart. ^^ to the person who posted the Barbara and Felix picture...I almost cried. ah.

rip barbara, she was a legend -_- .. i acutally own the series, i bought it for like 160 dollars (but money well spent) because the original is just too hard to replace. haha and barbara was the PERFECT HR, no doubt, haha i was asking my dad, why the heck did she play anything different in Chor Lau Heung. i liked roch though, dang im ready for a whole jin yong thread, haha i want to talk about all his work from loch to hsds to my personal favorite dgsd :)

I kept bidding for it on ebay hoping I would get it until I realized I was keep bidding myself. Hahaha.

whoa what? another remake? O_O

i like and a fan of hu ge, but not ariel "she can't act....." wish they could have picked someone better...

i've watched hu ge and ariel in "fairy from wonderland" can't stand ariel acting...she belong more into tawainese teen drama...

ahhh I couldn't agree more. Even though Huang Rong is supposedly 16 and is mentioned to be somewhat ethereal (in the novel), Ariel doesn't seem to have that look, even though she is pretty. I guess we'll just have to see how little Ariel will pull off the witty Huang Rong.

Archived