Other-language Remakes Of Korean Songs

Guest chaserj7

Thats not right be/c the songs isnt theirs but that song made you/me love them but it belongs to some other artist... Why dont they get their own song? I mean Boa's No.1 & Vanti is a the only reason why i stared to be a fan of hers but to find out that it wasnt orginally hers, that dissapont me... ALOT! :(

um those songs are originally BoA's.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

i agree with you Energy does NEEDS to make their own songs.i really don't like Energy anyways.

alot of chinese artists copying songs. it is soo sad.

----

i hate it when artists remake songs but i have to admitt the artist who is singing a song from another artist might have sung the song better. or had a better version

gosh people, alot of korean artists copying songs. it is soo sad.

im sure you hate it when artists remake songs but suddenly it is okay and no one mentions it when it is a korean remake.

stop insulting chinese artists for remaking. read my post on the last page...

Guest 보석미남

i personally think it's alright if you remake/cover one or two songs here and there. maybe the artist really like the song and want to add in his/her own flavour to it. not when you have 10+ remakes that's IDENTICAL (for the love of god at LEAST change the instrumentals or add some beats or SOMETHING) and isn't planning to stop covering songs (eg: energy)

agreed -____-

did anyone mention that they did a remake of super junior's "twins"?

no. twins is an english song. BOTH super junior AND energy remade the song.

if you didn't know, suju's first album had what? 7 remakes? yes. it's true. sm didn't want to risk spending so much money on an unstable group (back then).

I didn't know A Better Day by JTL was a korean remake. I read that Lee Jae Won from JTL composed it himself. And how could it be a korean remake when it is about the break up of H.O.T. I dont think its a remake.

A better day is originally an English song.

Can someone get rid of energy please lol??

All they do is remake other people's songs english and korean, how the hell did they remake "1tym" how do u remake a song like that??

I know Mariah Carey has remade alot of songs, but atleast she sang her butt of when she did.

Guest conThanh

I listen to viet music, and here are somes

Shyne - S.O.S

Vpop - Da Quen Mot Cuoc Tinh

Freestyle - Please tell me why

Bao Thy feat. Vuong Khanh - Please tell me why

Finkl - Ruby

Trish Thuy Trang - I can't cry (english)

BoA - No.1

May Trang - Tinh Yeu mai xanh

JTL - A better day

Ngo Thanh Van - A better day

Guest kriza_09

are you seriously giving SM credit for coming up with pop and choreography? you have got to be kidding me.

i wasn't giving credit to anyone.. i was just saying it is unusual for boybands to have songs that have both classic and rock element in them, e.g. iyah! (HOT), all your dreams (shinhwa), tri-angle (dbsk).. and they actually have the whole choreography for it.. well, i only knew boybands only sing and dance to songs like byebyebye.. i thought that was what makes kpop different from cpop and americanpop.. but later i found out that only SM artists (to my knowledge) do that kind of songs and apparently, most of them are composed by Yoo Young Jin.. hope (HOT), line up! (HOT) and T.O.P (shinhwa) are also songs with tunes from some classics..

i guess i might have put it in the wrong way.. not that SM comes up with pop and choreography.. but the only artists that i know have songs that mix classic and rock come from SM.. 'i can' by NAS used fur elise, but he used it only as the background tune to his rap..

Not sure if these have been mentioned..

DJ OZMA's songs "age age EVERY Knight," "Jyunjo," and his newest single, "Chou" are remakes of DJ DOC's "Run To You," Koyotae's "Sun Jeong," and U;NEE's "Go."

A better day is originally an English song.

I still dont get why a American would make a song about the break up of H.O.T. It makes more sense that JTL was the original because they left H.O.T. And it says Jae Won composed the song.

Guest 보석미남

I still dont get why a American would make a song about the break up of H.O.T. It makes more sense that JTL was the original because they left H.O.T. And it says Jae Won composed the song.

Uhm, the original artist is a Norwegian band, Multicyde. Apparently, the original song was a big hit in Korea too before JTL remade it (Don't quote me on this =/). Jae Won WROTE THE LYRICS to it. The original song was about society not about the break up of H.O.T.

If you go here, It said Lyrics by Lee Jae Won, Composed by Henning sommerro (who composed the song for multicyde)

The lyrics + the original song http://blog.empas.com/salt1965/read.html?a...6&c=1479693

If you check out this site, it's written that their album Multiplicity (which has the song "a better day") was released on 15.05.2001.

JTL's Enter The Dragon was released on 2001.12.20. So there.

Anywho, I personally think Multicyde's A Better Day sounds better BUT JTL's song was a lot more meaningful to me. I remember crying when I first watched the MV. Not because it was sad but because of the whole H.O.T thing. =/

Before I started to listen to Kpop, I liked listening to Energy's songs. Now that all I listen is Korean music, I now know why I liked listening to Energy.

Uhm, the original artist is a Norwegian band, Multicyde. Apparently, the original song was a big hit in Korea too before JTL remade it (Don't quote me on this =/). Jae Won WROTE THE LYRICS to it. The original song was about society not about the break up of H.O.T.

If you go here, It said Lyrics by Lee Jae Won, Composed by Henning sommerro (who composed the song for multicyde)

The lyrics + the original song http://blog.empas.com/salt1965/read.html?a...6&c=1479693

If you check out this site, it's written that their album Multiplicity (which has the song "a better day") was released on 15.05.2001.

JTL's Enter The Dragon was released on 2001.12.20. So there.

Anywho, I personally think Multicyde's A Better Day sounds better BUT JTL's song was a lot more meaningful to me. I remember crying when I first watched the MV. Not because it was sad but because of the whole H.O.T thing. =/

I get it. Thanks for explaining.

Guest michiyo

i just want to share this remake...

cant help falling in love (english) - a teens

can't help falling in love (taiwanese) - f4

chuh eum boo tuh ji gga ji (korean) - ryu

di ko na kaya (tagalog) - faith

first love (japanese) - utada hikaru

we belong (pilipino version) - tony gonzaga

endless story (japanese) - yuna ito

if Im not inlove with you (english) - jennylyn mercado with janno gibbs ->same melody

my pride (english) - joey yung

my pride (taiwanese) - joey yung

for you love (korean) - jang hye jin

pangako (tagalog) - regine velasquez

reason (korean) - jung il young

reason (tagalog) - ikaw - faith cuneta

hey ^ michiyo , are you a filipino?

to all filipinos there, what is the title of the remake of SARANGHAMNIDA in Tagalog? who did the cover?

the latest Korean Cover Song in the Philippines:

GOONG OPENING SONG (Perhaps Love) --------> Pag-ibig na kaya? (Christian Bautista and Rachelle Ann Go)

Goong is currently shown here in the Philippines. i think its in chapter 8 right now. its very Popular here.

"Pag-ibig na Kaya?" -------> "Is it love?" (english translation) kinda relates to "Perhaps Love".. kekekeke.. ^_^v

here are some korean-tagalog and tagalog-korean songs that i know:

1. Answer the Phone (Mina) -----> Answer the Phone by Roxy Barcelo (English)

2. Because Im a Girl (Kiss) ------> Kung Alam Mo lang (If you only knew) by Roxy barcelo (Tagalog)

3. I believe (My Sassy Girl) ------> I believe by Jimmy Bondoc (Tagalog)

4. WINTER SONATA opening -----> Di ko na kaya (I Cannot Take It Anymore) by Faith Cuneta (tagalog)

5. Pangako (Promise) by Ogie Alcasid -------> im not sure if its the opening or closing song of Glass Slippers (korean drama)

Others:

Yeol Jeong (Passion) My Everything by Cheon Sang Ji Hee -----> Maria Storeng - MY EVERYTHING

Y... (Why...) by Jang RI In ------> Powerless by Jamelle Fraley

Your Smile by Cheon Sang Ji Hee -----> Nagai Aida by Kiroro

Timeless by Jang RI in feat. Xiah Junsu ------> Timeless by Kelly and Justin

Spark by BoA ------> Keep My Cool by Luis Fonzi

Fuera de Control by Luis Fonzi

SNow dream by SMTOWN ------> Sunshine after the rain by alexander

Shining! by Chieco Kawabe

Dont Give A Damn by BoA ------> Maria Haukaas Storeng - Don't Give A Damn

Raindrops by Hyeon Jin ----------> Maria Haukaas Storeng - Should've

Guest cpopbaby19

^i forgot his name too! X_X i remember, when we were abt to go to province, i heard this song in our car and i was like, "WHAT? O___O" lol.

T_T;

it's yoorigudu (glass slippers.) ;) i believe it was ogie alcasid who composed that song first..

i just want to share this remake...

cant help falling in love (english) - a teens

can't help falling in love (taiwanese) - f4

chuh eum boo tuh ji gga ji (korean) - ryu

di ko na kaya (tagalog) - faith

first love (japanese) - utada hikaru

we belong (pilipino version) - tony gonzaga

if Im not inlove with you (english) - jennylyn mercado with janno gibbs ->same melody

my pride (english) - joey yung

my pride (taiwanese) - joey yung

for you love (korean) - jang hye jin

pangako (tagalog) - regine velasquez

reason (korean) - jung il young

reason (tagalog) - ikaw - faith cuneta

hrm. i thought yuna ito was the one who copied it? i jus watched Nana 1 yesterday and it was there. but.. the OPM song was made before yuna ito sang it, right? correct me if im wrong.. :x

wow. there's alot remakes korean-filipino remakes than i ever thought. well, they're not really popular here.. :mellow: :mellow:

if you didn't know, suju's first album had what? 7 remakes? yes. it's true. sm didn't want to risk spending so much money on an unstable group (back then).

really? :blink: wow that's really stupid. the should have jsut released a single instead

anyways,did anyone mention vietnam? like not the paris by night/asia/van son stuff, but artists in vietnam remaking songs?

like not too long ago i was driving with my friend in the car and she was playing this song by some guy and he did a remake of kangta's "persona"

Guest vic_taebin

5566 did a song that really reminded me of god's song "gil". Yea, they had the same beat.

god - gil <---- 5566 - One more try

Guest kriza_09

5566 did a song that really reminded me of god's song "gil". Yea, they had the same beat.

god - gil <---- 5566 - One more try

yeah i just heard it and it's exactly a remake (or a copy) of god's gil.. now is it plagiarism or they asked for official permission?? i don't see any korean name in the credit.. i see singer:5566, lyric writer: toro, a chinese name, composer: chinese name.. should we call it plagiarism?

they're actually both remakes of the original by Dawn Ann Thomas. :D

Guest a345leadership

One more

"I Love Rock & Roll" Koyote -> "男生女生配" (Boys Girls Match) 2moro(boy group from Taiwan)/Krusty(girl group from Hong Kong) (Chinese)

Archived