Other-language Remakes Of Korean Songs

Guest chaserj7

Guest babietinhyeu

Original: Tei - I'm Sorry

Remake: Kenny Kwan- Break up does not have to be sad ( Ithink that is the title)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heartbreakkid

And Nylon Beat's Dreams Come True also has a version in Finnish called Rakastuin Mä Looseriin. I don't know if they recorded the Finnish one or English one first.

Isn't the english title called "Like A Fool" and not Dreams Come True? Unless I read it wrong somewhere. And the Finnish version came out first before the english so if you want to be technical, SES's remake is of the Finnish one since it's the original.

There's an english version of SES's I'm Your Girl but I don't know who sang it. There's also a chinese(not sure if its cantonese or mandarin) version of I'm Your Girl. People mistakenly said it was Coco Lee who did the remake, but it's not her so the artist is unknown I guess.

This Vietnamese singer, Trish something, I always forget the rest of her name. She sang an english version of Finkl's Ruby.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mizz_J

there's this one song sang by WAX, which is sang by Janice but orginally from Leon. It's actually a remake of the chinese song, "My Love, My Fate" it's pretty good too

Guest xmkaex

Liar isnt a cover version of the Amanda Perez track. The two tracks have different tunes entirely, its the backing beat and harp that seems to have been sampled and reworked a litlle.

Amanda perez's I pray came out mid july 2004 and liar appeared at end of august. The brand new album does not appear to credit Perez with the sample and the release of her song is too close to theirs to let it be thought of as a copy and might actually just be coincidental, especially if you take into account printing times and pre sale distribution.

i could eb wrong entirely of course... but thats all i can conclude from the release dates i have of these two albums and from what i hear

^yeah that's what i thought too. their albums came out the same year. and it was too close to be copied.

shinhwa's t.o.p- s.e.s sang a japanese version of it.

freestyle's please tell me why- wilbur pan sang the chinese version.

Guest xticklishhippo

the ONLY remake song i absolutely LOVE is please tell me why. i memorized the chinese version too. lol. i <3 wilber pan~ i dont really like the songs that turned english. (japanese is kinda ok.) o_O

Guest Ella_Kwan

Thats not right be/c the songs isnt theirs but that song made you/me love them but it belongs to some other artist... Why dont they get their own song? I mean Boa's No.1 & Vanti is a the only reason why i stared to be a fan of hers but to find out that it wasnt orginally hers, that dissapont me... ALOT! :(

Guest msjang

Anyone heard Will Pan's new album yet (released June 23rd)?

I wonder if there are any Korean remakes, since he tends to have at least a couple on his albums always

If anyone knows of any, please post :)

Guest makemyday

i dont know if this counts or if someone's already said it..

but isnt tony an's yutzpracachia (sp??) a remake of LMNT's forgot to forget?

Guest mooga

Kangta's and Vanness's song "Faint" (korean) is a remake of Jasmine Leung AKA Fish Leung's hit song "Courage" (mandarin)

Guest mkdinh

Ryu-Trom The Beginning Until Now (winter sonata OST)

Duong Trieu Vu-Khuc Ca Mua Dong (vietnamese)

and there was another one translated into vietnamese from a drama but i can't really remember the name. all i know is that the singer is Bang Kieu.

also, some of Jang Woo Hyuk's songs too i think, remade from original hip hop songs. gotta check the credits on the cd agaiin..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blip

I don't think it would be correct to say that "so-so" group had done a "remake" of "given" group's song if the

latter is not even responsible for the song's composition. Wouldn't that be a misnomer? I believe the more

accurate term would be "reinterpretation." The reason I stress this difference would be because the word

"remake" incites a different - sometimes negative - connotation depending on the prejudices of the reader. A

reader with a rather cynical perspective on the subject would then fail to recognize the contribution of the

songwriter as opposed to the contribution of the "artist."

Guest ..natz..

woo Energy n Wilber Pan have the most remakes..

they're from the same company..i think..

i remember listening to Wilber Pan's songs n my korean friend was complainin how it was actually a korean song hehe..

guess korean melodies are really popular n likeable..

Guest Dukkey_Yung

Cambodian's do remakes of Korean songs so that they can fit into the popular asian music scene...

JTL- BETTER DAY

Preap Sovath- No Better Day

Pich Sophea- Better Day

My parents listen to khmer dvds a little too much everyday..O_O

JTL-ENTER THE DRAGON

Energy- Enter the dragon (cantonese) I noticed that Eneerfy has made alot of korean remakes...<_<

JTL:

From Fan - 张智成's version-Zhang Zi Cheng

From Fan - 萧亚轩's version-Elva Siu

I'm 100% sure Elva did not sing this song. according to the list from other sites, they said elva's "jing jing de kan zhe ni" (look at u quietly) is a remake of JTL's From Fan, but its totally a different song. Maybe its a remake of another Korean song, but its definitely not From Fan.

The only chinese remake of From Fan is Z Chen (Zhang Zi Cheng)'s "ling cheng 3 dian zhong" (3am in the morning).

Really? I didn't think Elva's was the original and I wasn't sure if Park Yong Ha's was the original either- I kinda had the feeling that they both got it from another singer- I just remember watching Elva's vid and the composer was a European name (not saying that they may never be collaborating with Asian artists) but I think it's usually rare that they do- so I figured she may have remade it as well.

This song is originally sang by Elva. There were a lot of news about Park Yong Ha remaking it few years ago.

JTL - When Did You Stop Loving Me

Takki & Tsubasa - True Heart (Japanese)

I wouldn't call this a remake. I think the original songwriters (someone from Sweden, or Switzerland... somewhere in the cold European continent... that's where all the pop songs come from...) just sold the rights to both groups. JTL's When did you stop loving me, came out on their 1.5 jib "Love Story", which was released in Dec. 2002, Takki and Tsubasa's True Heart was recorded on their debut album, "Hatachi," which was released in Sept. 2002.

Who in their right mind would remake Hey, Come On?

That made me laugh... and I LiKE Shinhwa... :sweatingbullets:

__

some Jpop to Kpop remakes...

당신과의 키스를 세어보아요 (Park Hwayobi)

original: Anata no kiss wo kazoemasho (Koyanagi Yuki)

감싸 안으며 (SES)

original: Tsutsumi Komu You ni (Misia)

사랑에...미치다 (Tei)

original: Call (Tamaki Koji)

Good Bye (Lee SooYoung)

original: good day (Zard)

잠시만 안녕 (M.C. The Max)

original: Tears (XJAPAN)

__

and just some trivia: the BAD version of Young Gunz, actually has Eric rapping on it... I'm not completely clear of the specifics... but basically B.A.D. and Shinhwa belonged to the same record company... (I believe EMI is who their record contract is signed to). So Eric did a rap cameo in BAD's song for them.

__

also, I have a sneaking suspicion that some of C-pop groups remake K-pop as opposed to J-pop because K-pop is not as big in Taiwan as J-pop, although pop is really pop no matter what language it is in. But this way, they can get a catchy pop melody that's been "audience tested" from K-pop, somewhat repackage it and pass it off as creativity without being found out. I'm not bashing Taiwanese music scene... just pointing out a practice that I think practically every music industry utilizes.. K-pop often borrows from US pop, US musicians are known to recycle melodies from the past and call it "sampling." So I guess no one is really better than anyone.

__

speaking of "remakes"

couldn't Shinhwa's T.O.P. technically count as a remake of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake?

But if you consider that one to be too far of a stretch.... Eusha Eusha is a remake of Manfred Mann's Do Wah Diddy Diddy.

Because I'm a Girl has many many versions. I have some of them - french, chinese (mando and canto), tagalog, viet, english, korean.. what i dont have - spanish and i think there's another one...

there's also a canto ver of please tell me why... it sounds kinda odd cos im use to freestyle and wilber's ver.

Archived