For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest ohhreallynow

my mother is addicted to k-drama, she loved bae young joong (spelling) and winter sonata, she doesn't really care

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fionahh

they don't really care haha. as for the dramas and etc. they watch whatever is good. taiwanese , korean, cantonese whatever lol

Guest Ninja1

WHoahhh most of ur family seems so understanding !! My brother criticize me so much about having an interest in K entertainment!! My mom always have an oppinon when I say I wanna learn Japanese and Korean ..

Guest illumine*

they don't really care now.

my dad would always tease me about everything korean when i got addicted to their pop culture. but now, he even watches kdramas with my mom and i. =_=

the rest of my relatives think it's good of me to learn about a different culture. one of my aunts actually supports me and teaches me korean 'cause she lived in korea for awhile (she was stationed there for quite some time).

at first when i just got into kpop my dad had a huge problem with it. He's always mimicking the songs and lecturing me to turn down the music and stuff like that. My mom never minded. The older i got the more i got into Korean music, drama and movies. So one day i decided to watch 'Stairways to Heaven" and well...my dad got really into that drama and yea. Now my parents don't mind me listening to korean/japanese/chinese music. My mom even has a crush on Kim Dongwan fom Shinhwa.

Guest eniarrol

Lol.. It's always funny (yet sometimes irritating) to have our parents tease us about being into kpop culture. ^_^

Guest truestar

my parents don't care...sometimes my mom and my sister will watch it with me

in terms of korean music, sometimes they ask me why i listen to it when i don't understand what they're saying but it doesn't matter to me because it sounds good and plus i can always get the translations

Guest Vagabond.

|[♥In my heart, in my soul。。。♪//]|

My parents prefer me not to get too obsessed with Korean stuff.

Actually...they keep questioning me what's so good about it.

|[♪나에게 사랑이란 。。。♥//]|

Guest clovermoi

my parents were like.. "LOL tina is turning korean." except they didn't say LOL, but they laughed at me HAHA. but they also like watching asian dramas in general, whether it is korean, japanese, chinese, or taiwanese.

but if i let my obsession hurt my grades.. -_- then there will be some consequences

Guest supertammie

D: "Why don't you listen to more Vietnamese music?"

i relate! i relate!

i reply: "I'll start when we write our own songs."

Guest 정유미

my mom watches kdramas and kmovies, too, so she's pretty fine with that. but with kpop, she gets really annoyed when i listen to songs i don't understand. however, at times i find her singing along to dbsg's insa... "fly away, fly away love~"

Guest mr. lovely

They quietly whisper to each other, "Han guo? Xiao ye ben qu na li?" *sorry about the pinyin, I suck at Chinese* But basically, they're wondering where my Japanese music went to o__o

And when I listen to Jay Chou, I get wider stares 8D

Guest o_selina_o

my parents dont care, they watch korean/japanese dramas themselves :P but they always ask me "do you even understand korean/japanese???" XD my parents know i love korean/japanese things hehe <3 DBSK woot!

Guest cocobar

At first, they started asking me why i would listen to something that i dont understand.

But they dont mind though.

Guest tramy

jst then i asked them if i could learn korean and my dad said "full of richard simmons"..wel he didnt really say tht...i jst dnt kno how to translate it into english. lol. tehy dnt understand my obsession

Archived