For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AznSinger336

my mom always tells me to change to a thai or laos song cuz she doesn't understand the korean songs lol. and she says i'm weird cuz i watch korean movies/dramas on satilite and i don't even understand wat they're saying haha. but overall she still listens and watch korean stuff wit me.

My father doesn't care at all but my grandma says Korean celeb're so beautiful.

Lol... same here... My parents didn't care... and my grandma says the same exact thing as yours does. xD She watches dramas with me... xD My brothers, however, always question me, "why do you listen to that stuff when you don't understand?" V_V I just want to smack them.. cause they can't appreciate good music. xD

I don't think my mom cares, although she thought I understood korean cause I was watching a drama once and she didn't see the subtitles and she asked me, "When did you learn korean?" HAHA and I told her no mom, there are subtitles.

Besides she was all into Da Jeum Gum with all the other mom's at my church it was pretty funny.

Although my cousin on the other hand is always asking me why do you watch Korean dramas? they are bad for you? just cause he's biased and doesn't like the plots and stuff....

my mom thinks it's a bit strange.....but then again she knows i'm a strange child....lol

and it's not like i only watch korean dramas and listen korean music, i listen to chinese and american music and watch chinese dramas too

so she's just like watever

but me wanting to learn korean is a bit eeeehhh with her.....cause she thinks i need to improve my chinese first......haha

My mom doesn't really mind. Actually, she watches the dramas with my sister and me from time to time. We have to translate the subtitles for her because she doesn't understand sometimes and she can't read the subs because they're too fast. XD

On the other hand, my dad always tell us that we should find something better to do. He says that watching dramas is not going to help us with our lives and it'll fill our minds with hopes of something that'll never happen.

There are times where my dad watches dramas with us, too, though. XD Only if it's of certain celebrities, though. Haha...if he recognizes one of the main characters from another drama, he'll be willing to watch it. Hahaha...then again, he usually does just sit down and watch with us randomly. XD

Kinda hypocritical, eh? :-/

Guest JunsuLove

GAH! I hate when my mom talks about it. I'm a big fan of Korean artists, such as DBSK or SuJu..She's always like "Why do you listen to something you don't understand" And I guess she doesn't realize that there are things called translations, lol. But it annoys me that I just don't even care to argue why I listen to them. Now, I usually just go "because it sounds good" just so she'll stop T_T. I mean..She does the same thing too, just not with Korean music..

I remember one time I was watching a Korean drama (Autumn Tale, I think it was called) and there was a part where I was bawling, because it was just a sad part..Dad came into my room and started yelling at me and telling me that I shouldn't cry about a movie & that I should cry when whatever happened in the movie happens to one of our family members, which made me cry even harder just thinking about it...GAH. I have to watch Korean dramas in secret now, T_T...

They don't really mind.. sometimes they joke about it and what not.. and my dad sometimes asks "why are you watching something you don't understand" when I'm watching a show and I ask him the same thing since he sometimes watches Spanish dramas and he doesn't know Spanish haha xD..

GAH! I hate when my mom talks about it. I'm a big fan of Korean artists, such as DBSK or SuJu..She's always like "Why do you listen to something you don't understand" And I guess she doesn't realize that there are things called translations, lol. But it annoys me that I just don't even care to argue why I listen to them. Now, I usually just go "because it sounds good" just so she'll stop T_T. I mean..She does the same thing too, just not with Korean music..

I remember one time I was watching a Korean drama (Autumn Tale, I think it was called) and there was a part where I was bawling, because it was just a sad part..Dad came into my room and started yelling at me and telling me that I shouldn't cry about a movie & that I should cry when whatever happened in the movie happens to one of our family members, which made me cry even harder just thinking about it...GAH. I have to watch Korean dramas in secret now, T_T...

I know what you mean! My mom is EXACTLY the same. Ugh, it's so annoying.

Guest plipxplop

hmmm...my dad is basically clueless as to wht i listen to

and my mom doesnt care

like its your life, listen to whatever you want

yup

Guest jello24

my parents dont care what i do on my comp, since im an adult, they dont give a rats keister anymore what i do. then again i only have one song by Epik high as my only korean mp3 in my comp so i guess this thread doesnt apply to me hahaha. i do have about 6 complete series and 12 movies though... ok so i do apply

Guest &_Bambi

My mum is okay with it. But she goes around telling people i love DBSK & i said i'm gonna marry them & stuff. lol

My brother's pretty annoyed. :S He goes "You don't even understand a word they're saying."

OH I UNDERSTAND BROTHER! Doesn't sarang mean LOVE? :P hahaha

& there's translations if he's never heard of them. <_<

& he keeps insulting them saying they're gay. :tears:

but I DON'T CARE! I like DB couplings. :P

YunJae! <333

Guest MOOSTAR*

They don't mind, my mom loves watching Korean dramas too. Haha.

My parents are supportive of me listening to Korean music though, even letting me go to Hollywood Bowl <33

Archived