Anyone Know French?

Guest yonsu

Guest lightbringer

^ I know what the title means but I have trouble identifying what they're saying in the song.

What's the full meaning of the song ? I love it in videos when they perform it and when they say "Je t'aime" they smile at each other. CUTE ! Hahaha :P

Could you paste the french lyrics here or a link to the audio ?

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charmainee

I have a really long thing for someone to translate this time. I hope it's not too much trouble. =/

ALSO. It's a really crappy kids story... >< I hope that it doesn't put you off. I write crap things because I hate my teacher. ><

aksdjfaksdfads.

Nevermind. ><

Is tabarouette a form of tabarnac?

What's mec, ciboire?

Mec=Dude

Ciboire=F***

Correct?

Tabarouette is like a polite form of Tabarnak... Or more like a softer form of Tabarnak... like how Sidney Crosby said it in his commercial ads... If he was saying "tabarnak" instead, then it would be too much... haha.

Yeah mec is like dude...

Ciboire is like any other words like criss, coliss, tabarnak, ostie (or sti or esti)...

So if I go like... Maudit d'esti de criss de tabarnak de coliss de sacrament de cimonak de ciboulette de cacaouette de pirouette de tabourouette de calvaire... (and waaaaay more words that could could still come with that long "chain").

That's equal to "damn motherf*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking *and so on*" in which "f*cking" has a lot of variations in words...

It's a way to curse/swear with so much intensity... The more your "chain" is huge, the more your cursing is intense... So if you make that "chain of swearings" all day like a true pissed off Québécker, then you just created the biggest curse in the world... haha... You can even go with rhymes! "Colline de bine de cabine de babine de bobine!"

You can add a word at the end of that "chain"... Something you're pissed at... For example:

"Esti de criss de tabarnak de coliss de char à marde!"...

"Char à marde" in proper french is "Voiture à merde" which means "richard simmons car"...

So that whole huge sentence is like equal to...

"F*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking richard simmons car!"...

Or you're pissed at someone and you go like:

"Esti de crisse de tabarnak de colisse d'enculé d'enfoiré de merde!"

Most people in Québec prefer forming a short "chain"... Otherwise, they would look crazy. A guy would look more like he's having a mental problem if he's creating a freaking long chain... An angry berserk person completely pissed off. So the more a person swears so much all day, the more people wouldn't wanna approach him/her. The most popular chain is "Criss de tabarnak de coliss"... Simple and "powerful"... Not too long, not too short. Yet it's still the most intimidating sentence.

Whenever I teach all that to newcomers in Québec, I tell them that it's something common to swear here.

Even "esti/osti/sti" is often used like a punctuation mark in every sentence depending on how we use it when we talk with friends or some people in the streets... Not so polite though.

Example...

"Moi, j'étais parti chez mon ami... Puis le gars était saoul."

can become like:

"Moi sti j'étais parti chez mon ami sti pis le gars était saoul sti"

So if we go in English mode, it would be quite weird...

"Me richard simmons I went to my friend's house richard simmons he was drunk richard simmons"

Here, everyone has their own style in speaking "Québécois".

Personally, I'd go like:

"Moi, j'étais parti chez mon amis pis y'était saoul ben raide sti..."

And taking back the example way above, "char à marde" is not how I'd say it... but "char à chier" is my style of saying it instead... B)

And whenever I wanna curse/swear with one word, I often just go like... "Sacrameeeeeeeeeeeeent..." which is like "Fuuuuuuoooooooock..."

Everyone to their own style... I taught friends from Toronto and Vancouver how to speak like a Québécker and how to create our own style in speaking... :lol:

Guest Kahlen

Tabarouette is like a polite form of Tabarnak... Or more like a softer form of Tabarnak... like how Sidney Crosby said it in his commercial ads... If he was saying "tabarnak" instead, then it would be too much... haha.

Yeah mec is like dude...

Ciboire is like any other words like criss, coliss, tabarnak, ostie (or sti or esti)...

So if I go like... Maudit d'esti de criss de tabarnak de coliss de sacrament de cimonak de ciboulette de cacaouette de pirouette de tabourouette de calvaire... (and waaaaay more words that could could still come with that long "chain").

That's equal to "damn motherf*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking *and so on*" in which "f*cking" has a lot of variations in words...

It's a way to curse/swear with so much intensity... The more your "chain" is huge, the more your cursing is intense... So if you make that "chain of swearings" all day like a true pissed off Québécker, then you just created the biggest curse in the world... haha...

You can add a word at the end of that "chain"... Something you're pissed at... For example:

"Esti de criss de tabarnak de coliss de char à marde!"...

"Char à marde" in proper french is "Voiture à merde" which means "richard simmons car"...

So that whole huge sentence is like equal to...

"F*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking richard simmons car!"...

Or you're pissed at someone and you go like:

"Esti de crisse de tabarnak de colisse d'enculé d'enfoiré de merde!"

Most people in Québec prefer forming a short "chain"... Otherwise, they would look crazy. A guy would look more like he's having a mental problem if he's creating a freaking long chain... An angry berserk person completely pissed off. So the more a person swears so much all day, the more people wouldn't wanna approach him/her. The most popular chain is "Criss de tabarnak de coliss"... Simple and "powerful"... Not too long, not too short. Yet it's still the most intimidating sentence.

Whenever I teach all that to newcomers in Québec, I tell them that it's something common to swear here.

Even "esti/osti/sti" is often used like a punctuation mark in every sentence depending on how we use it when we talk with friends or some people in the streets... Not so polite though.

Example...

"Moi, j'étais parti chez mon ami... Puis le gars était saoul."

can become like:

"Moi sti j'étais parti chez mon ami sti pis le gars était saoul sti"

So if we go in English mode, it would be quite weird...

"Me richard simmons I went to my friend's house richard simmons he was drunk richard simmons"

Here, everyone has their own style in speaking "Québécois".

Personally, I'd go like:

"Moi, j'étais parti chez mon amis pis y'était saoul ben raide sti..."

And taking back the example way above, "char à marde" is not how I'd say it... but "char à chier" is my style of saying it instead... B)

And whenever I wanna curse/swear with one word, I often just go like... "Sacrameeeeeeeeeeeeent..." which is like "Fuuuuuuoooooooock..."

Everyone to their own style... I taught friends from Toronto and Vancouver how to speak like a Québécker and how to create our own style in speaking... :lol:

LOL! I love how you explain it! Personnellement j'utilise beaucoup le "Tabarnak"!

LOL! I love how you explain it! Personnellement j'utilise beaucoup le "Tabarnak"!

Haha merci... :P

Wow t'utilises beauoup Tabarnak?! T'es pire que moi... :lol: Je crois que c'est le mot le plus intense de tous... :w00t: Je l'utilise rarement et maintenant que j'y pense, je sais pourquoi... J'ai grandi avec des amis Québécois pis à force d'aller souvent chez eux quand j'étais p'tit cul pis dire le mot "Tabarnak", leurs parents étaient comme O_____O "On surveille son propre language s'il vous plait."... Haha... Des parents anti "sacrage"... Depuis ce temps là, j'ai rarement utilisé ces mots pis j'allais avec des mots plus discrèts... Tu sais, "words undetected"... Exemple, quand je veux dire "C'est vraiment trop drôle ostie!"... Ça sonnerait plutôt comme "C'est vraiment trop drôle ssss..."... hahaha les gens le savent très bien que le "sssss=sti" mais rien le prouve que je l'ai vraiment dit... :lol: Ou quand le "sacrament" est coupé en 2 pis ça devient "Sacra..." pis le "Tabarnak" qui devient "Taaaaa..."...

Mais là que j'suis pu "p'tit cul", ben j'suis "revenu" à utiliser pas mal tout à part le Tabarnak qui a traumatizé plusieurs parents durant mon enfance HAHA! Wooh hooh!

Mon père dit souvent "Tabarnak" même si il a un accent immigrant pis que ça sonne "Ta-bak-nak". Mauvais exemple d'un père... :P Pis on dirait que c'est le seul mauvais mot qu'il connait... HAHA...

Moi, si je dis juste le mot Tabarnak, ben la plupart du temps, je le dirais tellement vite que ça sonnerait "T'bunak"... C'est bizarre quand je l'écris mais faudrait qu'on m'entend le dire :P ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest motsfleuris

Hi!

I'm picking up french again after... 2 1/2 years of not even looking at the general direction where I keep my books. xD Surprisingly, I still remember a fair bit, it's just that I need to increase my vocab ~_~

Anyway, question is when talking about body parts, do you use definitive (le, la, l', les) or possessive (mon, ma, m', mes)?

I wrote in my notes "Je me suis cassé ma jambe." but then the teacher had crossed the ma out to write "Je me suis cassé la jambe."

I was just wondering if I really can't use the possessive in this case?

Hi!

I'm picking up french again after... 2 1/2 years of not even looking at the general direction where I keep my books. xD Surprisingly, I still remember a fair bit, it's just that I need to increase my vocab ~_~

Anyway, question is when talking about body parts, do you use definitive (le, la, l', les) or possessive (mon, ma, m', mes)?

I wrote in my notes "Je me suis cassé ma jambe." but then the teacher had crossed the ma out to write "Je me suis cassé la jambe."

I was just wondering if I really can't use the possessive in this case?

You can't say "Je me suis cassé ma jambe."... Your teacher is right... It's "Je me suis cassé la jambe."...

BUT... You can say "J'ai cassé ma jambe."... That's when you have to use your "ma" if you're talking about your own leg...

See how special it is?

"Je me suis cassé la jambe."

"Tu t'es cassé la jambe."

"Il s'est cassé la jambe."

and so on...

I'll let you try to figure it out by yourself from my example... The difference when you can't use possessive and when you can...

If you still can't figure it out, me and other people in here will help you out... *Lazy* :P

How do you say:

"You are my star" & "Be my star" in French (casual rather than formal or polite please)? (Just checking to make sure I got it right ;D)

Are there any other phrases/sentences or words close to 10 characters that sound nice/cute/sweet in French?

Need this by Thursday if possible ;)

Thanks~

No replies = epic fails ;(

DW. I got it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mizuki168

I would really appreciate it if someone would be so kind to help me translate a piece of text for my French essay ^^" I'll give you a cookie? >< It's basically a short movie report on a french film that we saw some time ago...and yes, I am guilty of using an online translator but I put in my two cents too! X3

English Version: Rue Casse Negre is a film about racial unfairness in Martinique Haiti in the 1920’s. Jose is a young boy who represents the small hope of a better life in the midst of the sugar cane field. His grandmother, Amatine, works in the cane fields and does not want Jose to grow up as a black man without dignity and pride who works in the cane fields. She does not want him to be constantly ruled by the ruling white people and given insufficient money in return. Since Jose is lacking a father, he has his friend Medouze, an old worker from the cane fields who gives Jose advice about life and tells him stories about his past. With the help of these two authority figures in Jose’s life, he steps on the path away from the hopeless minority of working in the sugar cane field.

French Version: La rue Casse Negre est un film au sujet d'injustice raciale dans Martinique, Haïti dans 1920. Jose est un jeune garçon qui représente le petit espoir d'une meilleure vie au milieu du champ de canne à sucre. Sa grand-mère, Amatine, travaux dans les domaines du champ à sucre et ne veut pas que Jose grandisse en tant qu'homme noir sans dignité et fierté qui travaille dans les domaines de canne. Elle ne veut pas qu'il soit constamment ordonné par les personnes blanches d'acte et argent insuffisant donné en échange. Puisque Jose manque d'un père, il a son ami Medouze, un ouvrier vieil des gisements de canne qui donne des conseils de Jose au sujet de la vie et lui raconte des histoires au sujet de son passé. Avec l'aide de ces deux chiffres d'autorité dans la vie de Jose, il fait un pas sur le chemin à partir de la minorité désespérée de travail dans le domaine de canne à sucre.

Thank you in advance to whomever helps me...^__^ MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU WITH 35252623451341231 MILLION CUPCAKES :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lilmariah35

"Please richard simmons" = S'il te p^lait salope. xDDD

"Really now" = vraiment maintenant?

Merci XD J'y ai repensé ... peut-être que

-PB= tu te fous de moi...ou arrête tes conneries

-RN= Ah oui ?..ou Vraiment vrai ? XDDD

Archived