Yeon Jung-Hoon 연정훈

ay_link

Sweet Dreams completes production after five years

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/l...weetdreams1.jpg

Five years after the film began production, finally the action noir Sweet Dreams is getting a release. The film is based on a true story about a young Korean man who gets caught up in a gunfight with yakuza members in Japan.

Cases like this are interesting (to me) because the careers of the stars have taken such turns since they shot the movie, and now this film takes them back to 2005. Sweet Dreams stars Yeon Jung-hoon (pre-East of Eden and -Jejoongwon, two of his recent big roles, as well as being pre-army service), Choi Jung-won (pre-Wish Upon a Star and -Kingdom of the Wind), and Lee Ji-hoon (in one of his early acting roles, when he was making the transition from singer).

According to the production company, the film underwent approximately 50 edits and has only now been finalized. They’d decided to set a release for last year, but an additional editing round by the director extended the process. Filmed entirely on location in Japan, the production had a budget of 4.7 billion won. Sweet Dreams will be released this summer.

cr http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/05/sweet-dr...ter-five-years/

Hi denzai, thanks for posting this here. I saw about this news but I didn't know that this is his movie not until you posted it. Wow, we heard about it after many years. Looking forward to see this. I miss seeing him back on the screen. :D:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest whinzie

Oh wow, thanks for the news. I've been silently following him since Sad Love Story... he has a killer smile! Will definitely catch Sweet Dreams!

• 3 months later...
Guest Gatsu54

I like YJH because he is a good actor especially in East of Eden probably his breakthrough project up to date. Hopefully he will be the main character in his future dramas for he is always the third party.

I like YJH because he is a good actor especially in East of Eden probably his breakthrough project up to date. Hopefully he will be the main character in his future dramas for he is always the third party.

Gatsu, I like him, too & I find him a good actor as well. I agree with you that he was great in EOE. But, did you watch his last period/modern medical drama, Jejongwon (?) Did I say this right? I finds him good there, too. Wondering what's he up to right now? I hope he'll do another drama soon. It's been quite a while since his last series. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yun Jung Hoon reveals that Han Ga In gives him a curfew

Actor Yun Jung Hoon’s voice guest starred on today’s episode of “Quiz That Changes the World” when Kim Tae Woo called him for one of the quiz corners.

The famous actor, who is married to another famous actress, Han Ga In, revealed a secret about his marriage.

The MCs asked him, “If you stay out late at night drinking, doesn’t your wife get mad?”

He answered, “My curfew is 12 AM but I break that sometimes. When I don’t follow my curfew, my wife says, ‘What are you doing out so late? Come home fast,’ and scolds me.”

The MCs and guests told him, “That’s not really scolding you.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/yun-jung-hoon-reveals-that-han-ga-in-gives-him-a-curfew

• 4 months later...
Guest denzai

Yeon Jeong-hoon returns with "Vampire Prosecutor"

photo186659.jpg

Actor Yeon Jeong-hoon attempts at a vampire act.

He has recently been cast for the main role of OCN drama "Vampire Prosecutor".

This is his come back in a year after his SBS drama "Jejoongwon".

"Vampire Prosecutor" is about a vampire who lives his life as a prosecutor.

Script writing is currently in progress and it seems like it could be widely differentiated with the regular thrillers as the main material is a vampire.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )/hancinema

Yeon Jeong-hoon returns with "Vampire Prosecutor"

*quoted image*

Actor Yeon Jeong-hoon attempts at a vampire act.

He has recently been cast for the main role of OCN drama "Vampire Prosecutor".

This is his come back in a year after his SBS drama "Jejoongwon".

"Vampire Prosecutor" is about a vampire who lives his life as a prosecutor.

Script writing is currently in progress and it seems like it could be widely differentiated with the regular thrillers as the main material is a vampire.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )/hancinema

Hi denzai, thanks for posting this great news! I feel glad that he has another drama after "Jejoongwon". Finally..............got something to read about him. He’s an awesome actor. :lol:

Guest denzai

your welcome wilenette, too bad it's only airing on cable channel :sweatingbullets:

YJH also become MC on XTM cable channel

CJ E&M to publish Top Gear in South Korea

2328l1309486688.jpg

The global motoring phenomenon Top Gear is continuing to make inroads into Asia, as BBC Worldwide announces that South Korea is the latest country to license the format.

The licensee is CJ E&M, South Korea's biggest media conglomerate, who will launch a brand new local version of the show on men’s lifestyle channel XTM. The series, to be hosted by Kim Jin-Pyo (former professional racing driver), Kim Kap-Soo (car and bike enthusiast) and Yeon Jung-Hoon (member of the Korean celebrity racing circuit) will air 13 weekly episodes, from August 2011. This year has already seen the Chinese version, Zui Gaodong, launch on Hunan TV.

Adam Waddell, Managing Director for Top Gear at BBC Worldwide, welcomed the deal, saying, "The Top Gear brand has a strong presence in South Korea, with the original UK version and the magazine already having successfully launched there. We're delighted that South Korean viewers will get to see their own local version, with a unique Korean spin on an internationally-renowned format."

Top Gear Korea will include popular elements from the original format, including the Stig, and its very own version of the Top Gear track and studio. The presenters will also test cars to the limit and undertake their own Top Gear challenges, including paradriving, racing the KTX 'bullet train', and an exhilarating race from Seoul to Busan. Local stars will also be invited to the studio to take part in the show’s version of the original Star in a Reasonably Priced Car section, in what will be entitled Star Lap Time.

Ms. Hwang Hye-Jung, Head of XTM Channel, commented: "We're thrilled to have licensed the format for Top Gear, which is a tried and tested hit around the world. We hope to see our version of the show become a huge success in South Korea."

Top Gear is one of BBC Worldwide's flagship brands; the original UK version has been licensed to198 territories globally. The format has previously been sold to Australia, Russia and the USA. The sale of the Top Gear format to CJ E&M continues a successful year of formats business for BBC Worldwide in South Korea, following the launch on 10th June of MBC's version of Dancing with the Stars.

http://www.medianewsline.com/news/146/ARTICLE/7874/2011-06-22.html

your welcome wilenette, too bad it's only airing on cable channel :sweatingbullets:

YJH also become MC on XTM cable channel

CJ E&M to publish Top Gear in South Korea

*quoted image*

The global motoring phenomenon Top Gear is continuing to make inroads into Asia, as BBC Worldwide announces that South Korea is the latest country to license the format.

The licensee is CJ E&M, South Korea's biggest media conglomerate, who will launch a brand new local version of the show on men’s lifestyle channel XTM. The series, to be hosted by Kim Jin-Pyo (former professional racing driver), Kim Kap-Soo (car and bike enthusiast) and Yeon Jung-Hoon (member of the Korean celebrity racing circuit) will air 13 weekly episodes, from August 2011. This year has already seen the Chinese version, Zui Gaodong, launch on Hunan TV.

Adam Waddell, Managing Director for Top Gear at BBC Worldwide, welcomed the deal, saying, "The Top Gear brand has a strong presence in South Korea, with the original UK version and the magazine already having successfully launched there. We're delighted that South Korean viewers will get to see their own local version, with a unique Korean spin on an internationally-renowned format."

Top Gear Korea will include popular elements from the original format, including the Stig, and its very own version of the Top Gear track and studio. The presenters will also test cars to the limit and undertake their own Top Gear challenges, including paradriving, racing the KTX 'bullet train', and an exhilarating race from Seoul to Busan. Local stars will also be invited to the studio to take part in the show’s version of the original Star in a Reasonably Priced Car section, in what will be entitled Star Lap Time.

Ms. Hwang Hye-Jung, Head of XTM Channel, commented: "We're thrilled to have licensed the format for Top Gear, which is a tried and tested hit around the world. We hope to see our version of the show become a huge success in South Korea."

Top Gear is one of BBC Worldwide's flagship brands; the original UK version has been licensed to198 territories globally. The format has previously been sold to Australia, Russia and the USA. The sale of the Top Gear format to CJ E&M continues a successful year of formats business for BBC Worldwide in South Korea, following the launch on 10th June of MBC's version of Dancing with the Stars.

http://www.medianewsline.com/news/146/ARTICLE/7874/2011-06-22.html

Hi denzai, I’m glad that he’s playing the lead role in his upcoming drama. I’m sure I read that right. More power to him! He’ll be playing a vampire who lives as a prosecutor. Coincidentally, Yeon’s character in East of Eden was a prosecutor too. Vampire Prosecutor premieres in September on cable network OCN. There seems to be a rising trend with bigger budget cable dramas nowadays. Perhaps it gives them opportunity to work with more mature content and characters. Well….I don’t dare watch things with vampires but I’ll do it for YJH.He is one of the few Koreans that can actually act and not relying on his looks. I hope this gets subbed. BTW, he resembles Shinhwa’s Andy in some angles or is it just me? Oh, thanks for this info - that he also becomes MC on XTM cable channel. Also, thanks for sharing this article. :lol:

Guest denzai

BTW, he resembles Shinhwa’s Andy in some angles or is it just me? Oh, thanks for this info - that he also becomes MC on XTM cable channel. Also, thanks for sharing this article. :lol:

i think he resembles micky yoochun :D

i'm so glad he will be the lead eventhough just airing on cable channel :sweatingbullets:

some pic to share

2011070111517774041.jpg

2011070111501010011.jpg

1309490319173479.jpg

2011070111347741601.jpg

20110701114750943.jpg

jang geun seuk will be the guest on top gear korea..

20110706010004921000388.jpg

20110706130991322506857.jpg

cr as tagged

i think he resembles micky yoochun :D

i'm so glad he will be the lead eventhough just airing on cable channel :sweatingbullets:

some pic to share

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

jang geun seuk will be the guest on top gear korea..

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

cr as tagged

Hi denzai, thanks for posting some photos & thanks for the info that jang geun seuk will be the guest on this show. I like him, too! He's adorable. I wish this show all the best! I so wish I could meet YJH one day……..Sigh…..I don’t live in Korea….what a sad life. Why am I on the opposite side of the country? <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Guest denzai

Jang Keun Suk rides shotgun in a 500 million won Lamborghini

janggeunsuk8.jpg

JangGeunSuk8 Jang Keun Suk rides shotgun in a 500 million won Lamborghini

Actor Jang Keun Suk will appear on XTM’s Top Gear Korea.

The episode, which will air on the 27th, features Yeon Jung Hoon driving a 500 million won Lamborghini and giving Jang a ride to the set.

Jang was so excited and he said that he felt like he was riding on a roller coaster.

But because of the traffic, Jang thought he was going to be late. To make matters worse, the Lamborghini was almost out of gas. So they had to turn around and go to a gas station. This made Jang very nervous.

On the episode, MC Kim Kab Soo will test drive the Hummer H2 and perform an experiment to find out how much more it costs to drive a Hummer H2 verses an old fashion taxi.

Top Gear Korea is the Korean version of the popular car variety program, BBC’s Top Gear. The show will air every Saturday at 10:00 p.m.

Source: nate via korea.com

http://k-popexpress.com/jang-keun-suk-rides-shotgun-500-million-won-lamborghini/

201ce0bffa71c7f2109efbe.jpg

*** Looking forward to this. This is another cable drama….I actually find cable dramas refreshing. I still can’t quite believe this plot. And I like all this supernatural stuff…. Most of all, I like YJH. Can’t wait to see how he takes on the character since this is new to him. :lol:

Vampire Prosecutor’s non-vampire prosecutor

by javabeans | August 26, 2011

Upcoming drama Vampire Prosecutor has its lead actress, and it’s Baker King Kim Tak-gu’s Lee Young-ah, who joins lead actor/hero/vampire Yeon Jung-hoon in the cable series.

Yeon plays a prosecutor who becomes a vampire and has to hide his secret identity from others, while using his special vampire abilities to investigate crime and root out societal evils. So it’s like City Hunter meets Angel?

Omg, is this the drama girlfriday and I have been dreaming of? Alas, it very crucially lacks an Lee Min-ho, so I guess not quite. But still — there are a lot of ways in which City Hunter shared themes and similarities with Angel, although he wasn’t also the prosecutor in the secret-hero-fights-crime scenario. Lee Young-ah will be shedding her cute image to play a prosecutor in the special crimes team.

The drama airs on cable channel OCN, which was also home to the darkly stylized Yacha (which I hated, but thought was very well produced. The Spartacus-like orgy of blood-n-guts-n-sex just didn’t appeal to me). I suppose that means there’s a chance Vampire Prosecutor could also go dark, which would be fantastic. I haven’t gotten a handle on the tone the show’s going for so it may end up being cheesy as all get-out, but if it goes edgy, it could be something quite interesting.

Vampire Prosecutor will begin filming at the end of August, and plans to premiere at the end of September.

Via My Daily

Hi Everyone!

Long time no post! My bad! blush.gif

I'm glad to see YJH is active again! Hmmm... I hope I'll be able to watch his upcoming drama somewhere... :)

Thanks much for the update! :)

• 2 weeks later...