Yeon Jung-Hoon 연정훈

ay_link

Guest valley girl

Yeon Jung Hoon Becomes a Physician

Yeon Jung Hoon is confirmed to star with Han Hye Jin and Park Yong Woo in Jejungwon (제중원). Yeon co-starred in East of Eden earlier this year and appeared recently in Dream for a cameo.

Yeon Jung Hoon

Yeon Jung Hoon

Jejungwon is a medical sageuk revolving around Hwang Jung, a butcher’s son who becomes a doctor at Korea’s first modern medical institution. (KP’s note: Jejungwon – the House of Universal Helpfulness – was established in the late 1800’s. It later became known as Severance Hospital – which is currently one of Korea’s top medical institutions. The original Jejungwon building still stands today on Yonsei University’s campus.)

Yeon Jung Hoon has been cast as self-confident, cool-headed Baek Do Yang. Although Do Yang is a member of upper-class society, he chops off his topknot and decides to study Western medicine. He teams up with Hwang Jung (Park Yong Woo) to overcome adversity and become the first Korean physician practicing Western medicine.

Yeon supposedly agreed to the role after screenwriter Lee Ki Won told him, “I expect you to reincarnate Kim Myung Min’s character in White Tower with Baek Do Yang.”

The cast – including Yeon Jung Hoon, Han Hye Jin, and Park Yong Woo – met at SBS’s Ilsan Production Centre on August 3 to read over the script together. Filming will begin later this month. Jejungwon is to be broadcast in November following Dream. Its schedule will overlap for a time against MBC’s Queen Seon Duk, which is currently pulling in ratings of over 30%.

Source: Edaily

Translated : http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/...omes-physician/

Guest melyssa

Yeon Jung Hoon Becomes a Physician

Yeon supposedly agreed to the role after screenwriter Lee Ki Won told him, “I expect you to reincarnate Kim Myung Min’s character in White Tower with Baek Do Yang.”

The cast – including Yeon Jung Hoon, Han Hye Jin, and Park Yong Woo – met at SBS’s Ilsan Production Centre on August 3 to read over the script together. Filming will begin later this month. Jejungwon is to be broadcast in November following Dream. Its schedule will overlap for a time against MBC’s Queen Seon Duk, which is currently pulling in ratings of over 30%.

Source: Edaily

Translated : http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/...omes-physician/

Thanks for the article, valley girl!! I'm liking the sound of what the PD told him .... expecting him to be like KMM's character in WT!!! YJH can do it!! I can't wait to see his magic there..... Hwaiting!! ^^

So, the first script reading is already over?? Any pictures at all?? TIA!!

@denzai: Thanks for pictures of YJH when he's guest starred in 'Dream' .... his hair is so curly there and I can see some good acting from the second photo from the bottom... intense emotions there!!

Guest denzai

You're welcome melyssa, nice to see you visiting this thread often..

I haven't watching dream yet, but seems like his appearance are major point for jjm character from hero to zero

I hope his new drama won't burdened yjh cause viewer will compare his acting with great actor like kim myung min

Guest melyssa

^ I'm sure YJH will be up to it.... if not, why would the PD be looking him up for that role?

YJH has never disappointed us in EOE though he's not given enough opportunity to show what he's capable of in that drama. I'm sure glad that he's having such a great offer to play this role and this time, it will be his moment.

I will definitely be looking out for his acting in that historical drama....^^

Guest ny2002

Thanks for sharing the news here, ny2002!

You're welcome Melyssa.

Thanks Valley Girl for the article.

Thanks Denzai for the "Dream" photo caps... Will look into that too!

Happy Sunday Everyone! :)

Guest saewol

whoa. yeon jung hoon appeared in sbs dream drama?

can anyone tell me what part is he playing?

he looks like a hottie..

haha owh hi everyone! i'm a newbie here..

• 1 month later...

you're welcome wilenette :D

gifs from making InStyle

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/p...66953226701.gif

cr as tagged & DCinside

denzai, I like this gif you shared. Very nice - He looks cool! Thanks for posting this. Also, thanks for making this thread alive - for your time to update & post some new photos of him. I'm glad that I get to know what he's been up to lately. The photos you posted are awesome! Even the way he made some shot poses - hehehe - GO, YJH! B):P

Wilenette, i'm glad you like it & thanks for always visiting this thread

i' m sad this thread so quite :(

seems like i'm the only loyal fan of him in here

cause i've never get tired to find his news & pic everyday ;)

Wilenette, i'm glad you like it & thanks for always visiting this thread

i' m sad this thread so quite :(

seems like i'm the only loyal fan of him in here

cause i've never get tired to find his news & pic everyday ;)

denzai, I'm always visiting this thread, sometime I post, sometimes a lurker/silent-reader. I like him since I watched Sad Sonata. That was an interesting drama. I love it, he was with KSW there. Just not sure if it was rating well in Korea when it was airing then........... But I have a feeling that the rating wasn't that good because of the ending.........nobody wants to see dying in the story that you're watching...........most of us are a sucker for a happy-ending, right? Just the same, I didn't regret watching that series mainly because of KSW & more thing, because that's where I discover YJH. I hope we could get to hear more news about him - he's a great actor. BTW, I know he has a period drama, right? Is his participation confirmed there? If so, is he starting to film that? Wondering why no news about it, huh? Unless, it was just a rumour..... But I heard before that they're planning to go on vacation with his wife (HGI) anytime since they want to have a kid. I don't know if this is true. :P:mellow:

wilenette, yjh first caught me on daddy long legs (cause i'm fans of hajiwon back then) since then i'm in love with him & become his fans specially when i find out he's married to han ga in & i start rooting for this couple :D

Sad sonata just have single digit rating in korea maybe due to ssh drop in to ms it's makes the writer change half of the original story but i read somewhere it's success in japan & the rating breaks 30 % he even held fan meeting in there but after he enlist ms & maybe because he already married so his fans is decreased...... :(

if you seeing pics that i posted before which he's wearing korean traditional cloth it's clearly obvious that he's already start shooting for jejoongwoon & it's official start on 4th january 2009 replacing tempatation af angel (i can't wait)

but i'm sad he's just 2nd lead again in the drama, well i hope it have good ratings so his popularity can raise again.......

EOE Japan DVD the making to be released 24/2/2010 :D (YJH rocks!!! B) )

eoe_mkg2cover.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002UD1FEA

「エデンの東」メイキング完全版 -下巻- [DVD]

# DVD Release Date: 2010/02/24

# Run Time: 90 minutes

Number of discs: 1

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3702354

エデンの東: メイキング完全版-下巻

current release date is 24 Feb 2010

*TSH