Guest newshen857.

@Putri Raja, with Phi giving us the news that Eric has left TC near the end of last year, then you and your friend's worries  if Eric has part in the Stellar's sexy image should be gone. Definitely, he did not have any hand in that "sexy" concept. I haven't seen their MV but I saw an article about their image change with accompanying pictures and I felt sad for them, because they are so young and yet they do have to pose in provocative outfits to suit their change of image. I think, their sexy image is their last card to be at least get notice. I really wish all the girls good luck in their comeback, even without Eric at the helm of their career. 
And on Eric's leaving Top Class, I think it is all for the best. I think Eric needs a new agency that will really motivate  and promote him to drive him to act again. Eric is a good actor ( be it a goofy role or a fierce character), this guy can deliver.But, I wish for him to try the movies instead of going back to dramas. I want him to be elevated as a movie actor and not just grace the small screen. I wish for him to be an actor that can swing from movies to TV dramas. Well, he can also do variety with that quirky sense of humor as proven by SB. In not so many words, Mr. Mun just show your fans how versatile a talent you are from singing, dancing, songwriting, drama, comedy, variety, and let us not forget his unique hosting skills that will make you LOL 

Phi said:

so it is official Eric is not with Top Class!!!

According to this news, it's said:

Eric left Top Class near the end of 2013.
He's no longer producing Stellar
Is preparing for new activity

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201402121124351131&ext=na

Now I wonder if he'll form a new company or sign up with some one.
btw, Shinhwa company Twitter also unfollowed TopClass' Twitter... I guess now that the news is official....

@newshen857, from what I've seen, I'm glad Eric left TopClass. They had not done anything much for him in recent years.  Actually NOTHING!!  Their twitter updates has been all about Stellar.... not even birthday greeting on Eric's birthday. It's so bad I unfollow their twitter a while back.  Now I'm glad I did :P  

I guess things all make sense with all the random stuffs in the past few months about Eric left TopClass.  Shinhwa Chief manager Lee Jonghyun (Eric's ex-manager under TopClass) unflollowed TopClass' twitter around Nov/Dec last year.  Then in early January, here's Dongwan wrote something about Eric to quickly set up something.... (not legible the rest of his message)

Bd7K-4nCMAAHwqg.png

Now I'm curious if Eric will make a comeback to the small/big screen this year before Shinhwa starting their comeback in the Winter (per Minwoo's interview).  I'm guessing Winter comeback so they have time to for MBC to lift their ban on Andy for any TV appearance on their broadcast.

Catching up on the news, some reading folks :D

2014.02.11 Articles on MBC restrictions

※ Article 1.

'Illegal gambling' Andy, Boom, and more restricted from MBC broadcasts

[Photo omitted]

Singer Andy, comedian Yang Sehyung, TV personality Boom, and other celebrities summarily indicted for illegal gambling charges last year will be restricted from appearing on MBC.

A source from MBC said in a phone call with OBS Plus on the 10th, “We decided on the restriction during a meeting held last month on the 14th.”

The source added, “We did not hold the evaluations during the court proceedings because we thought our decision could affect the results. We held the meeting after the court results were confirmed. Those celebrities who were booked without detention will be restricted, as well as the summarily indicted Andy, Boom, and Yang Sehyung. We don’t know how long it will last, and we will decide on whether the restriction will be lifted if they request a lift.”

[Omit]

Source: OBS Plus

※ Article 2.

Lee Soogeun, Tak Jaehoon, Tony, Boom, Andy restricted from MBC broadcasts

[Photo and content omitted]

KBS put in place a temporary restriction against Lee Soogeun, Tony An, and Tak Jaehoon in December last year, but the summarily indicted Boom, Andy, and Yang Sehyung were not discussed.

Once the Broadcasting Restrictions Inquiry Commission decides to restrict a celebrity from appearing in broadcast, the celebrity is unable to appear in any MBC programs. The decision lasts until a special commission aiming to lift the restriction is held separately.

Source: Star News
Translation: Shinhwastuff

======================

2014.02.12 Eric doesn’t produce Stellar anymore…already left his agency

Male group Shinhwa’s Eric has stopped producing Stellar.

According to a source, Eric left his agency Top Class Entertainment near the end of last year. This has also led him to give up his place as producer of Stellar. A source close to Eric told My Daily on the 12th that “Eric has left his agency and is preparing a new set of promotions.”

Stellar debuted in 2012, and at the time drew attention as ‘Eric’s girl group’. Eric participated in producing their album, drawing attention from Shinhwa fans, while the members also often talked about their ‘boss Eric’ on broadcast.

[Photo omitted]

As Eric has left his agency, however, he will not be producing Stellar anymore. This time Stellar will be promoting with a retro dance song titled ‘Marionette’ produced by Sweetune, the team that wrote many of Kara’s hit songs.

Stellar recently drew light to itself by releasing a shocking 19+ teaser video. The group will make its comeback on the 13th on the cable channel Mnet’s ‘M Countdown’.

In the meantime, Eric recently was featured in Lee Minwoo’s new solo album title song ‘Taxi’.

Source: My Daily

======================

2013.02.12 Shinhwa’s Andy “Reached an amicable agreement on the issue of modeling contracts…to continue modeling”

Shinhwa, which recently received demands for compensation and a cancellation of their modeling contract due to Andy’s illegal gambling charges, reached an amicable agreement with their advertiser.

A source from Roygen told OBS’ ‘Unique Entertainment News’ on the 12th through a phone call that “Shinhwa, including Andy, is still modeling for the firm and everything has been wrapped up without any more needs to take action.”

On future new season shoots, the source added, “We don’t know because nothing has been decided on yet.”

Shinhwa, of which Andy is a member, has been modeling for the male clothing firm Roygen since March last year, but in December received demands for compensation after Andy’s illegal gambling charges came to light.

Roygen had in its contract a clause that stated “models should not engage in actions that draw public criticism, and in case this clause is violated the contract will be cancelled and the model must return 3 times the amount paid it in modeling fees.”

Roygen had run into problems in promotion after Andy’s illegal gambling charges, but recently it reached a amicable agreement with Shinhwa.

The chain chicken brand Shinhwa models for renewed its contract with the group last year.

[Omit]

Source: OBS News

======================

I really wonder how much Shinhwa had to pay from Roygen's 900mil won request to reach that amicable settlement.  Would be really surprise if they were able to to negotia their way without paying but nonetheless, very happy it finally settled so they can move on.

Guest Putri Raja

Annyeong....
Can I share my tears here...???? I failed to get ticket for Shinhwa concert :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
  Oh...my..It was so competitive. Even more than to get a seat in precious university...Lol..I have prepared everything that I need for Shinwar 30 min before it started. Then, when the time reached, I went to that website. And you know what??? That website was error!!! got crashed...!!! I couldn't see any information and only saw "sorry...bla..bla... " on my screen.It was quite ok after 30 min. I tried to find a seat. But, when I clicked 'seat selection', it was written "sorry, this seat already chosed." I tried to find another one, but, just after a second that seat already gone....I tried so many times, but failed.....When some SHCJ said they wanted to boycott Shinhwa concert, I thought this time I have chance to see their concert. But....but...I couldn't get it................
:(( :(( :(( :((
Omona..what a great news we have this nite? Eric was not in Topcent anymore and he wasn't behind Stellar 'sexy' concept??? I'm glad to hear that. From the beginning, I knew Eric will not do such kind of thing. He's kind of person who really respect woman. And if he could do that, absolutely his mummy will scold him...lol..Personally, I think he never been their producer. topscent just used him to increase Stellar popularity. Topscent will do anything to make Stellar get more popular. Remember in his drama Spy Myong Wol, Stellar was shown on it and one of the member also act with him. Next time, Eric should be more careful. Don't ever let anyone use his name again, even for the same management. We couldn't expect something bad in the future, that's the reason, it's better to be much much careful for the next. Especially for Eric which has good image on public's eyes but still it doesn't mean no body hates him (who can make something that will ruin his image).
I don't know much about topscent, but I got feeling this management isn't a good one. Eric got less popularity, his dramas were poor in ratings because of lack promotions (maybe). Topcent seems used Eric to get more money with poor promotions (to save budget). On the other hand, Eric seems to choose topcent (or at the beginning setting up this company) for maintaining his activities in both Shinhwa and solo. Maybe this is the reason why he was still in topcent. But, it's a relief that he's no longer in this company especially when Stellar comeback got really bad appreciation from public.

I like Stellar in their 'study' period. They were cute and innocent. Study song was also good and catchy. Their voice were really soft, even in live performance. I wish they have good comeback.
@Newshen857, I do agree Eric for movie than drama, because he's really great actor. But, as long as I can see his face, I'm happy whatever it will be (just hoping he'll not set another group and more concern about his career. he can do some business than such kind of kpop group again, maybe open restaurant like he did in SNL...lol)
I'm 100000000% ready for Actor Mun....
;;)

I quote "Eric has left his agency and is preparing a new set of promotions."  Okay.. will this be the light to something we've all been dreaming of? 
@Putri_Raja I'm sorry to hear about the sold out.. but I bet if you dig around, with luck maybe u'll find any1 trying to sell their tix.. last year shcj malaysia made a group trip to see shinhwa classic in seoul the grand finale of the tour.. (I think..) I didnt go because I was busy preparing to continue study.. maybe some fanclub has secured some tix for the fans..
Talk about study, I wonder there is any SHCJ in UK reading this forum... I'm lonely here.. haha
oooh and @phi excuse my rudeness but I'm still waiting for Eric's banjun drama from you... :D:D :D

@PutriRaja
, it's Top Class Ent, not Topcent XDD  It not like what you think.  SMW didn't do well in the rating not because Top Class didn't do enough promo.  Promoting a drama is the production & broadcaster's job.  Managements can only do so much.  And regardless of promos, when it doesn't strike the viewers, nothing can't help the rating.  What I mean with TC had done so little (next to nothing) for him is the lack of updates on Eric, unlike Liveworks and Top Media.  I notice this more so shortly after Shinhwa's comeback.  Liveworks do a lot of updates & fan service on MinWanSyung's behalf.  Top Class on the other hand, completely quiet on Eric for the last 2 years.  All the things the fans did for him, didn't even get a mention or acknowledgment from them.  Make it hard to keep the fans motivated for supports....

For the concerts tickets, I know some ppl on Twitter got extra tix but you have to contact them fast since they can't hold on to the tix for so long.  If not, keep checking Interpark daily cus for sure ppl will release the extra tickets back to the system.  Good luck!

ay1m said: I quote "Eric has left his agency and is preparing a new set of promotions."  Okay.. will this be the light to something we've all been dreaming of? 
@Putri_Raja I'm sorry to hear about the sold out.. but I bet if you dig around, with luck maybe u'll find any1 trying to sell their tix.. last year shcj malaysia made a group trip to see shinhwa classic in seoul the grand finale of the tour.. (I think..) I didnt go because I was busy preparing to continue study.. maybe some fanclub has secured some tix for the fans..
Talk about study, I wonder there is any SHCJ in UK reading this forum... I'm lonely here.. haha
oooh and @phi excuse my rudeness but I'm still waiting for Eric's banjun drama from you... :D:D :D

2014.02.13 Shinhwa Sells Out 27,000 Seats for 16th Anniversary Concert

With fans clicking nonstop, Shinhwa completely sold out its upcoming 2014 Shinhwa 16th Anniversary Concert – Here.

Ahead of its March 22 and 23 16th anniversary concert, Shinhwa began its ticketing on February 12 at 8PM (KST) Interpark. Continuing its ‘legendary’ streak from 2013, Shinhwa sold out all 27,000 seats.

68218131.jpg

During the ticketing time, ‘Shinhwa Concert’ and ‘Interpark Ticket’ were the most searched on real-time search engines, and the ticketing website server crashed, making it impossible to enter the site, proving the fierceness of the Shinhwa concert ticketing.

The Shinhwa concert became the day’s number one ticket reservation on Interpark, as it has for previous concerts as well.

This Shinhwa concert’s title is Here, referring to the Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium, which is where Shinhwa held its first concert in 2001, its comeback concert in four years in 2012. Here holds the meaning, ‘This place where we’ll spend new times together in in the future and new memories will be made.

On February 13, Shinhwa Company stated, “We want to thank the fans who showed much interest and support for the Shinhwa concert that will take place in March. As this is a meaning debut anniversary concert that we’ve held in the same place for three years in a row, we will return with new and spectacular performance, so continue to support us.

Meanwhile, Shinhwa’s 16th anniversary concert will be held on March 22 and 23 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium.

Photo credit: Shinhwa Company
Article by: Mwave

Guest newshen857.

Stellar and Top Class Entertainments had given nothing but bad news to Eric if it is it true that there are accusations saying because of the poor feedback, he is said to have washed his hands of being involved in the group's sexy concept. I don't know how people come to that conclusion when it is specifically noted that he left the company end of 2013. So there will be no "washing of hands" cause I bet not a single finger of Eric was dipped in that project, if there's any definitely he did not support the new concept or else why did he drop them. 
And how come, there are questions about the timing of him saying he was no longer handling Stellar? Questions should be pointed towards Top Class since how come they did not immediately include in their press release about the group's sexy concept that Eric is no longer their producer. Is it because they are still trying to ride on Eric's reputation? Eric did the right move in announcing that he is no longer under TC and no longer handling the group since the company was not so willing to reveal that and not so straightforward with the public. 
And to those haters, saying Stellar's music was so blahh under Eric's helm and that the new song is a "genius", during Eric's time the girls were still trying to find their niche but at least they looked their age and could at least say they were treated with respect by their producer as Eric said in one of his guestings that since the girls were all young, he "respects and listens to their parents' wishes" ( or at least to that effect, I think he said this at Beatles Code during the promo of the Return album). 
Although, I do agree with the observations that as a producer, Eric still has so much to learn, but as a person, Eric is far ahead than those critics saying he is just trying to bailout of the new trashy concept for Stellar. Sorry for the rant, but really, I just have to vent.  

@newshen
, how I wish Eric had came out earlier with the news of ending his contract with Top Class when it expired at the end of 2013 BEFORE Stellar's comeback cus I know this "handwashing cus of Stellar's negative feedbacks" will happen... but I guess even if he said it earlier, people still say he's drumming/noise making Stellar's next move any way... He can't win, can't he?

It's probably in TopClass' best interest not revealing Eric ending his contract with them since the end of 2013 and Eric is stupid not saying it sooner.  That's said, Stellar's contracts are clearly with TopClass, makes me wonder who is the true "producer" here or it was merely used to help launch & promo the group?  "Producer" is a pretty murky & ambiguous title in K-biz

Funny thing is most articles are saying after Eric left, Top Class went with Sweetune for Marionette. Didn't they forget Study last year was also from Sweetune as well?  What Sweetune had to offer last year is different than this year. 

I agree with you as producer, he still has a lot to learn and it's A LOT harder with a girl group. Eric has a very niche taste of music and I don't think it's bad.  Way back in Que Sera Sera, he said the OST were really good and it went on winning OST of the year.  So nope, he doesn't have bad taste in music.

Oh well, haters will hate. They'll pick & choose whatever to make a case.  After this, I guess he'll learn it the hard way to be extra careful before endorsing or put his name to anything.

I recognize Jinnie's face even in the teaser trailer.. haha..
@phi ur not wrong... I was in Asia but just moved into in UK for a while.. like I said I'm alone here cuz all my SHCJ friends are back at home.. 
Btw this is random & may be in the wrong forum.. but I have to share this.. I bumped into this clip somehow & it's antique & I never seen it before.. but its freaking funny.. I dont understand what they're saying but I get the gist of it.. the T.O.P remake with fairy tale version? 

They all are so innocent... cant believe they're +-36 and getting hotter..

class="title"Shinhwa’s Eric leaves Top Class Entertainment + no longer involved with Stellar

Shinhwa’s Eric is no longer the main producer nor involved to female group, Stellar.

According to reports, Eric ended his commitments with Top Class Entertainment, thus halting his involvement as a producer for label mate, Stellar. It was revealed that Eric is preparing for his upcoming activities with a new agency. 

Since Stellar made their comeback this week, garnering interest and speculations for their provocative concept, Eric’s name has been dragged to the issue as he was initially described to be the main producer when the group first made their debut. 

However, it was clarified that Eric did not participate in any conceptualisation and song production for Stellar, with the group working with Sweetune for their sweet, retro dance track “Marionette” instead. 

Stellar was recently stamped with a 19+ rating for its provocative concept image for new title track, “Marionette” and was deemed controversial by the public. They are set to start with their comeback activities this week. 

Eric is said to have signed on with a new agency and was recently featured in Minwoo’s latest oslo album “Taxi.”

Source: MyDaily / koreaboo

Guest Putri Raja

Happy birthday Eric Oppa....wish you all the best
May God always bless you and your family with healthy, wealth and happiness
Stay handsome, keep exercise, have good foods and enough rest, stop smoking  and give us DRAMA/MOVIE pretty SOON, PLIZZZZ
Thank you for taking care of Shinhwa 

@willnette
, thanks for sharing the articles.  Now can't wait to see which management company Eric is with and what's new this will bring to Eric.
Wonder if it may come after Shinhwa concerts since they're most likely busy with that right now.

ay1m said: I recognize Jinnie's face even in the teaser trailer.. haha..
@phi ur not wrong... I was in Asia but just moved into in UK for a while.. like I said I'm alone here cuz all my SHCJ friends are back at home.. 
Btw this is random & may be in the wrong forum.. but I have to share this.. I bumped into this clip somehow & it's antique & I never seen it before.. but its freaking funny.. I dont understand what they're saying but I get the gist of it.. the T.O.P remake with fairy tale version? 

They all are so innocent... cant believe they're +-36 and getting hotter..