[drama 2007] Hello! Miss / Hello! Baby 헬로! 애기씨

Guest xosandy

Guest javabeans

^ oh thank you for the explanation...

So why couldn't her bro be the heir? they mentioned something about not having "ha" in his name... is that the reason?

I thought the clan had more people in it (like the football player that canceled his function)

hm.. so if she and Dong Kyu were in the same clan.. then wouldn't that make them related/relatives? o.O.

Su Ha's father had an affair while he was married to her mother, and Joon Hyung was born from that, so he's not "legitimate" in the elders' eyes.

Dong Kyu's family used to live/work at Hwa Ahn Dang... they weren't part of the family lineage. So they're not related.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinirza

^ dongkyu's grandpa was the servant of hwang an dang

i really like the story his grandpa stole the cow and rice

so cute

Guest SillyYun

question here! in the episode where her step sis birthday, she bought something that looks like tofu for them..whats that? is that sae me duk cake?

Guest ripgal

Sarah, thank you so much for the Korean Culture lesson..You really know a lot.^_^

It does make more sense when I think about it now.. so the drama doesn't only provide entertainment, but also has educational elements too eh? Once again thank you chinggu!!

Tangsta, yeah..it's kinda weird that most LDH fans are females. But you're more than welcome to join us..

As for the reason why LDH attracts more female fans than male fans, I'm not sure. hehe..

Lee Ji Hoon and Joo Ji Hoon share the same name and they do have similar resemblance but LJH has a much fuller lips (more like girly type LOL~)

and JJH is taller than LJH B)

I still like both of them :D :D

Yes! this thread is moving so fast....hold on to your seat gals!!

yup..i love both of them...and currently i'm watching their drama...Hello Miss Hello Baby & The Devil...

Guest pinklily

im suprised the majority of LDH fans are female

am i the only guy who think's she's attractive?!

Sarah, thank you so much for the Korean Culture lesson..You really know a lot.^_^

It does make more sense when I think about it now.. so the drama doesn't only provide entertainment, but also has educational elements too eh? Once again thank you chinggu!!

Tangsta, yeah..it's kinda weird that most LDH fans are females. But you're more than welcome to join us..

As for the reason why LDH attracts more female fans than male fans, I'm not sure. hehe..

haha, Tangsta, i think your comment is so cute! :lol:

i think i've always noticed it too...hehe, and you know, being an ardent shipper of a certain celebrity coupling...hehe, Jo dear...i've always thought that was a good thing :blush: <--- less things for a certain actor/previous co-star/"friend" to worry about. :lol:

(now as for this actor/previous co-star/"friend"...the other party in this certain celebrity-pair-crush of mines...*ah hem*...and his respective fanbase... overwhelmingly female too, i'm sure! :lol:...um, that's another story :P)

ahhh, but as i recall, some of Da Hae's most ardent fans are males actually...those in her official fanclub...they've been her fans since Heaven's Fate (her first drama as lead)...and have always been very supportive of her...you can even find them in pictures with her, attending most if not all of Da Hae's major events in support of her. :wub:

but it's very nice to know that at least in soompi we have another male fan of Da Hae's...YAY! :lol:

^gahhh...that was completely off-topic wasn't it? >_< miahne everyone ^^;;

Guest veraciously

I watched the two subbed episodes recently and OH.MY.GOD. I'm really into this drama! Lee Da-hae is so my favourite kdrama actress now. She's just so convincing and looks stunning no matter what - even when crying.

Lee Ji-hoon is so good, too. I love his character and can't wait to see how the romance develops. <333

Thanks for the insight on Korean culture - I was a bit puzzled when I begun watching.

Guest incarnadine

Tangsta, lol that was a cute comment. Where I am from, I know guys who are really int LDH, and they are not few ;)

Guest pinklily

These households are very traditional, and passed down to the eldest son for generations. They aren't so "backwards" as, say, Amish people are (since Amish people have made the choice to shun technology). It's not like they purposely hate technology. Rather, Su Ha's family is content to move at slower rate -- they do use telephones, but have not seen the need to use cell phones. They might dress in traditional hanbok sometimes -- usually when a mode of formality is required -- but they also do have normal clothing, if maybe unfashionable. You'll notice Su Ha wears the hanbok when she goes to meet the elders, entertains an important guest, or goes to a formal function. Otherwise, she dresses in regular (though not stylish) clothing.

It's not that Su Ha has status because she is "chosen" -- rather, she's the only heir. There's no one else to inherit. (The elders don't consider Joon Hyung or Joon Hee as legitimate heirs.) So therefore she's the mistress of the property. Furthermore, even among these old traditional estates, Hwa Ahn Dong is very old and therefore has a long history. When they say that Su Ha must "protect" Hwa Ahn Dang, they don't mean it literally, they mean more that it's her responsibility to look after it.

I don't believe Su Ha dislikes being the heir -- she says with pride many times, "I'm Lee Su Ha, the heir of Hwa Ahn Dang." The reason she offered to hand it over to her brother is because she was feeling incredibly overwhelmed with the financial problems that rest on her shoulders, and maybe for a moment thought everyone would be better off if the rich Seoul lawyer took over.

Sarah dear, thank you so much for the wealth of information! :wub: i agree w/ Jo...it's really fascinating to learn about these aspects of the Korean culture and tradition. H!M is such a lighthearted drama...so it's really a novelty of the story to have these background tidbits that gives it an extra degree of depth...these things really makes the overall story even more interesting...especially to us foreigners.

Guest pinklily

WITH S2 will be subbing this Sang Sang Plus section with LDH & LJH ( i think it's episode 122 of SSP). We will also upload the raw file at our clubbox. English soft-subs will be released when ready.

my dearest Emily...you always bring such good news! thank you so much all in WITHs2 :wub: :wub: :wub: hehe...the raw alone was a riot, so i'm really excited to see how much more fun it'll be w/ subs :lol:

WITHs2 BBASYA! :wub:

Guest yiyi0312

yeah! thks for posting this...

It is a nice drama :)

Anyway, Hak Su Jin acting as Chan Min is a player, he's the cousin of the Dong Kyu (Lee Ji Hoon) :)

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

I'VE JUST FINISHED EP 4 :)

WAS ABSOLUTELY LOVELY.

angel_wings88 if i use the icons i credit sugar?

Huh? :sweatingbullets: What icons meizhen_?

I started with this thread a few hours ago. xD And I just finished looking around... xD Yes. I read each and every page... lol

Zomg! I'm so happy to see Da-hae unni in another drama!

She's just a great actress. From the evil girl in Sweet 18, to the super quiet and elegent Soo Ah in Green Rose, to the hyper active Yoo Rin, and now to the super innocent Soo Ha... xD xD... Man! She's great.

I'm a DK-SH shipper of course. (Yes, I just discovered that a few pages ago... lol)

Nice to meet everyone in this thread :).

Guest ripgal

Kirsten...shud have discussed the fans issue in the LDH thread..:P Haha..anywayz, I totally forgot about the official fan club fans of Da Hae in Korea. They're quite a lot of pictures with Da Hae and her male fans.. maybe Da Hae has more overseas female fans... :sweatingbullets:

I'm watching Ep 3 now... what is wrong with CM'S MOM? Why is she annoyed/mean all the time? <_<

CM's mom is actually the boss/ or part of the committee of the Natural Beauty program. SH's friend got into trouble and was admitted into the hospital due to comsumption of a mixture of 2 different beauty pills. And CM's mom thought SH's friend purposely did that to get compensation. So she's kinda furious over that.. Sorry I kinda delayed on my summary of Ep 3 and 4 ppl.. I'm still in the progress of translating Ep 4 now.. :sweatingbullets:

Archived