NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thelivinlegend21

The rotation at SF is a bit...iffy though. With the way Matt Barnes is playing, you wouldn't want to sit him on the bench again to ice him. Even though he's only 1-11 tonight, he's been rather consistent, so I don't seem him being in a slump for too long. Jackson might complain about playing time, and his off-court legal issues might poise as a problem. He's a talent though. Maybe it'll all work out in the end.

I see Mike Dunleavy Jr. fitting into Indy's system though. Have an inside-outside game between him and O'Neal and you've got a pretty decent combo.

Guest EYJAYJAY

i see warriors running small with 2 SF's on most of the time. that or maybe they can use one of them as a trade bait for another player and/or draft picks

lolol it's funny seeing Warrior talk in here. Well, obviously with the whole 8-player trade in all. I'm not a big Warrior fan [at all?] but I'm from the bay and my dad and bro are big fans. So naturally I would know the roster. It's kinda weird seeing Troy and Dunleavy go. I've known them as Warriors for so long. But they weren't giving much. I like Ike though.

Anyway, I love the Lakers. They won tonight. Yay! Kobe with 34 points and 8 assists. :)

Guest EYJAYJAY

dont get me wrong, arenas is the man, but he's gotta bring wizards up another lvl to be the mvp. he's on track though, hitting game winners and such, but nash is still ahead. with nash in the game still, scoring wont help a whole lot on the race to mvp.

^ quote me on this, steve nash won't win the mvp. nobody in the press is ready to put steve nash as a 3 consecutive MVP winner. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but nobody wants to put steve nash on that level yet.

^ exactly my point.

on another note, rumor has it that indiana is not looking to ship out dunleavy in a trade with the clippers for the services of corey maggette. i think the clippers are stupid to pull this off, but if the trade happens, kudos to larry bird for getting a steal. he's somehow turned ron artest into maggette plus ike diogu, instead of just artest for maggette that was proposed last year

Guest thelivinlegend21

I believe that Steve Nash should win the MVP, if and ONLY if he's able to win a Championship. The Suns have come out with winning records the past two years, but it's only deserving if he can bring his team towards the next level and win the ring.

I can't see Arenas being one of the runners for MVP. Most Improved Player yes, but MVP no. He's a good individual player, has hit numerous game winners, but as ONe.ShoT said, he's gotta bring the Wizards to the next level in a mediocre Eastern Conference. Nowitzki should be the leader for this. Mark Cuban surrounded him with enough talent to win it all. He's putting incredible numbers, and Dallas would only be a Playoff Contender without him. As for Kobe, magical season. He's grown up to show that it's not all about himself. Not to mention the vast improvement of the Lakers' maturity.

This year's gonna be a tight race.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
I believe that Steve Nash should win the MVP, if and ONLY if he's able to win a Championship. The Suns have come out with winning records the past two years, but it's only deserving if he can bring his team towards the next level and win the ring.

I can't see Arenas being one of the runners for MVP. Most Improved Player yes, but MVP no. He's a good individual player, has hit numerous game winners, but as ONe.ShoT said, he's gotta bring the Wizards to the next level in a mediocre Eastern Conference. Nowitzki should be the leader for this. Mark Cuban surrounded him with enough talent to win it all. He's putting incredible numbers, and Dallas would only be a Playoff Contender without him. As for Kobe, magical season. He's grown up to show that it's not all about himself. Not to mention the vast improvement of the Lakers' maturity.

This year's gonna be a tight race.

Arenas for Most Improved? Not gonna happen. He already won it once, but that was in his first two seasons and there was a significant improvement in his numbers.

05-06 WAS 80 GP, 80 GS, 42.3 MPG .447 FG%, .369 3p%, .820 FT%, 3.5 RPG, 6.1 APG, 2.0 SPG, 3.71 TO, 29.3 PPG

06-07 WAS 38 GP, 38 GS, 40.2 MPG .431 FG%, .391 3p%, .844 FT%, 4.4 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.0 SPG, 3.66 TO, 29.9 PPG

No significant improvements.... Unfortunately, the Most Improved Player award goes to the improved numbers, not for someone who's improved in their clutch performances.

I'll agree with you on Nash. It's not possible to award Nash the MVP trophy for getting his team to the Finals because the Conference Finals wouldn't have even started yet when the award is given.

Guest thelivinlegend21
Arenas for Most Improved? Not gonna happen. He already won it once, but that was in his first two seasons and there was a significant improvement in his numbers.

05-06 WAS 80 GP, 80 GS, 42.3 MPG .447 FG%, .369 3p%, .820 FT%, 3.5 RPG, 6.1 APG, 2.0 SPG, 3.71 TO, 29.3 PPG

06-07 WAS 38 GP, 38 GS, 40.2 MPG .431 FG%, .391 3p%, .844 FT%, 4.4 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.0 SPG, 3.66 TO, 29.9 PPG

No significant improvements.... Unfortunately, the Most Improved Player award goes to the improved numbers, not for someone who's improved in their clutch performances.

I'll agree with you on Nash. It's not possible to award Nash the MVP trophy for getting his team to the Finals because the Conference Finals wouldn't have even started yet when the award is given.

I see what you're getting at, and I certainly couldn't agree with you more about Arenas.

As for the MVP trophy, it's difficult to decide. The Playoffs is when competition really tightens up, and how much an individual can help their team is reflected there.

MVP is for the regular season!

the voting is finished sometime during the first round of the playoffs, so i do believe that whatever is done in the playoffs doesn't count. plus, the MVP is for regular season play, not for the playoffs.

Guest plusone

^agreed

nash will not get a third straight, although i would say he's playing very magically right now. see, if kobe got mvp last year, we would not have this steve-nash-shouldnt-have-three-in-a-row problem :P. i really think it comes down to dirk/kobe/nash though, with dirk playing straight up crazy and kobe having taken his game to the next level, putting up fantastic numbers while squeezing career years out of guys like walton, odom, bynum and mo evans

as for MIP, i would say one of these four: barnes and ellis, walton, and david lee.

Guest iyeiluj

i think the king is also a MVP contender...dont the cavs have the best eastern conf record right now?

so anyway...who did YOU vote for for all-star weekend?

i voted:

D.Norwitzki

J.Stackhouse

J.Terry

E.Dampier

J.Howard....

see a trend?

mavs champ in 07!!!!!!!!

GOOOOO DALLAS!!!!!!!!

IN YOUR FACE KOBE BRYANT!!!!

Guest plusone

^well guys like antoine walker, kenyon martin, and francisco elson were on the ballot... but yeah dampier and stackhouse are on the ballot

it doesnt matter if they're not... you could just as well do a write-in and vote for smush parker

Guest EYJAYJAY

it's not fair to compare steve nash to MJ when it comes to mvp. u gotta look at the players that are in the league today. there are some great talents, but no one matches up to MJ (at least not yet). and of course steve nash isnt MJ, they are two completely different type of players. i'll be noob and admit that i dont know the exact numbers of MVP MJ won, but im assuming at least 3. and if that's the case, i dont think it's fair to say that just cuz MJ had 3, nash cant have three. arenas is good, but his team really isnt that great yet. same goes for wade, lebron, kobe, carmelo... etc. they gotta be able to get their team to be one of the best in nba. nash is the one making suns the team they are right now and the suns really are the team to beat. same goes for dirk.. who i also think have a legitimate shot at winning mvp this season

Guest LolitaMan
i think the king is also a MVP contender...dont the cavs have the best eastern conf record right now?

so anyway...who did YOU vote for for all-star weekend?

i voted:

NO lebron should not be considered. What has he done this season that has caught anyone's eye? Nothing. So get off his jock.

But yeah Agent 0 for MVP...but I think Nash will prolly win it again. Why are all these people hating on Nash so much? Just because he played in the modern day era, don't compare him to Jordan. Jordan played in a different era and today....Nash really is the most exciting player to watch(besides Arenas) that really puts his team to the next level.

Archived