NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest knockblock
Anyone wonder why the West is so much more competitive? Sure, they have might more marquee players, but the East isn't lagging behind on talent and skills. So what makes the East so much weaker than the West? I mean, heck...Portland's playing better ball then New Jersey and the Trailblazers don't even have players playing at the level of Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, and Richard Jefferson (Not that Zach Randolph and Brandon Roy aren't playing great basketball). What went wrong?

The Nets don't have much depth outside of their big three and the Blazers have many talented young players to work with but they're young and their inexperience shows at times.

Damn, at the end of the Sixers and Blazers game Roy drove to the hoop and didn't get a call. He was clearly fouled. Oh well.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest plusone

losing to the bobcats in 3OT? disgusting.....

damn maurice evans sucks...get him off the team.

agreed, that was disgusting... but i think mo evans is good for the team. just had a down game

how about putting sasha in at crunch time :blink:

Guest sushilover

^^ Yup yup I would have to agree. They might not be as good as they were when they won that three peat, but still are entertaining!

Guest flipdragn
lakers are an exciting team to watch. thats why they have played on christmas for the past four years.

i doubt that's the reason that they've played on christmas for the past few years. it was because of the shaq and kobe feud(though i don't remember who they played the year before shaq was traded). i thought they weren't going to make the lakers and heat play on christmas this season because kobe and shq reconciled but i guess i was wrong about that.

Guest minni_babyy
You know Minnesota needs to make some moves when they lose to the Boshless Raptors.

I'm loving the TJ Ford show, though :)

that game was so intenese. it seemed liked forever before those last seconds ended. that was the most exciting game ever. but then the friday game after that was so disappointing. the refs had all these bad calls. and TJ Ford didn't really play that well. Nesterovic fouled out. and the Raptors lost by 10. Bosh and TJ have to recover before the first game of the year 2007. well i think TJ Ford will get better. but i doubt bosh would be though.

^

lol..trade him..he's excess baggage..garbajosa and bargnoni can pick up the slack..besides..chris bosh is not a leader..he will not lead his team to greatness...he has good numbers..a great player..an all star..but..he is no leader.

i doubt that's the reason that they've played on christmas for the past few years. it was because of the shaq and kobe feud(though i don't remember who they played the year before shaq was traded). i thought they weren't going to make the lakers and heat play on christmas this season because kobe and shq reconciled but i guess i was wrong about that.

they played the kings one christmas and i think the 76erss before that

Guest DOVAHKIIN
^

lol..trade him..he's excess baggage..garbajosa and bargnoni can pick up the slack..besides..chris bosh is not a leader..he will not lead his team to greatness...he has good numbers..a great player..an all star..but..he is no leader.

Nonsense. It was all him doing the rebounding when no one else was willing to step up to grab boards. Not to mention that clutch game against the Sixers. Garbajosa and Bargnani are so inconsistent in every Raptors game I've watched. And of course you can't compare Bargnani's Dirk-style to Bosh's. Bosh is quite the leader, remember last year when he missed the end of the season? Raptors went 1-10 and had to be led by Mike Ballhog James. It's just that he keeps missing those damn free throws this year for some odd reason :blink:

I honestly doubt the Raptors have anyone who can handle Garnett, Duncan, Amare, and other premier big men in the league.

As long as Bosh doesn't create major (on court and off court) problems when he comes back from his injury ala Chris Webber, then I'm fine it.

But hey give us Ben Gordon for Bosh, and we'll see :P

Guest flipdragn
they played the kings one christmas and i think the 76erss before that

so the lakers always play whatever team they're feuding with at the time i guess

i'd take that. the bulls already have enough quality perimeter players so it'd still be alright to get rid of our best one. the only thing keeping the bulls from greatness is a scoring big man in the post.

Guest trenhd
Nonsense. It was all him doing the rebounding when no one else was willing to step up to grab boards. Not to mention that clutch game against the Sixers. Garbajosa and Bargnani are so inconsistent in every Raptors game I've watched. And of course you can't compare Bargnani's Dirk-style to Bosh's. Bosh is quite the leader, remember last year when he missed the end of the season? Raptors went 1-10 and had to be led by Mike Ballhog James. It's just that he keeps missing those damn free throws this year for some odd reason :blink:

I honestly doubt the Raptors have anyone who can handle Garnett, Duncan, Amare, and other premier big men in the league.

As long as Bosh doesn't create major (on court and off court) problems when he comes back from his injury ala Chris Webber, then I'm fine it.

It's not that no one is willing to step up and grab boards. It's because they can't. This is and always has been one of Toronto's biggest problems.

T.J. Ford is more of a leader than Bosh. We've all had a glimpse, these last couple of weeks, of how great T.J. can be. Trading Villanueava for him was the best move the Raptor's have done in their entire history in the league.

Guest flipdragn

oh my god, i can't believe leandro barbosa was able to hit that shot against the bulls tonight. and ben gordon had just gotten a new career high in points. :angry:

Guest res0nate

The Lakers are in a monster of an area when it comes to tv rights, exposure and marketability. Hell, the Knicks could get the same thing if they were any good.

The Raps haven't had a rebound first guy since JYD / Oakely and maybe that scrub AD. Mago and Garbo help but nothing like a bang some bodies hustle rebound kind of thing. Bosh just happened to go out when the team found some consistency; Mago & Rasho stepped up, Garbo actually hits more than a third of his shots and Ford isn't as erratic compared to the start of the season.

Christ, if the Raps could hit 3s a few % points higher, things would be different in the East haha. As long as the Nets continue to fail.

I'm sticking w/what I said before the season started, Raps are going to finish top 5 in the East.

Archived