NBA

Guest Chioster

^ yeah the trade didnt go through because of financial reasons. But still, Cuban gots the $$$.

It would definitely push the mavs top 3 in the west if everyone was healthy

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I can think of for the Mavs to reject that offer

is because of Baron Davis' 5 yr contract

I bet Nowitzki wanted that trade to go through

Tough lost for the Cavs

I think the ref realized that he shouldn't have made the call on Granger

so he rewarded him with a call at the other end

also, don't forget kaman's fat contract.

i'm just waiting where amare is headed off too.

anyone have NBA TV?

gary payton and chris webber are hilarious

Guest xsilentangel

Satisfied with the game today versus the Hornets. Despite the inconsistent officiating, absence of Ray Allen (hyper extended his thumb but his x-rays were negative) and absolutely stupid turnovers, Celtics took it. Pierce was the only one scoring early.. reminds me of a couple years back.. Glad the bench lit up after Ray left.

Cav fans must be happy. Williams finally in for the injured CB4.

Damn I'm still fretting about Big Al's injury (torn ACL). Looked so painful..

Dang that was an intense Lakers and Jazz game.

Ending was pretty scary, Fisher taking those two 3's.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

The only reason I can think of for the Mavs to reject that offer

is because of Baron Davis' 5 yr contract

I bet Nowitzki wanted that trade to go through

Tough lost for the Cavs

I think the ref realized that he shouldn't have made the call on Granger

so he rewarded him with a call at the other end

Joey Crawford is a terrible ref.

Mavs won't bite because

1) Davis' contract + he's shooting 35% this season on the floor.

2) His game relies on his explosiveness, and he's turns 30 in April.

3) He's always injured.

4) Kaman has only played 15 games this season and won't contribute much to the Mavs if he's traded and still on the bench in a suit watching the games rather than playing them

5) He missed a handful of games last year too

6) Get these two, and you'll be out of contention for the 2010 free agent sweepstakes. Mavs REALLY want Bosh.

You know whats funny? Putting Shaq into their fast break system last year made the Suns arguably BETTER (since they won 50+ games still) and made Amare better. Now... this gritty half court game has made them worse.

Nash is a gunner

Amare is a gunner

Barbosa is a gunner

Barnes is a gunner

JRich is a gunner.

Hill is still somewhat of a gunner.

Shaq theoretically can't run, so therefore we must play half court ball instead when the team is full of run & gunners. Where Shaq is the only good defender on the team. Oh dear.

I wouldn't be down on the Rockets just yet. Yeah everyone's been injured, and everyone's been shooting like garbage. Still 11 games over .500. Sit back and hope everyone can be ready playoff time. If not, then face it, the Rockets will become bad and rebuild and become contenders another decade from now.

Guest xsilentangel

LOL Raptors.

Joey mf'n G

LOL yeah that was quite surprising.

The Heat made a nice run at the very end of the game versus the Bulls. Dwayne Wade made them cry at the end.

Damn that was a good Celtics game.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks sent to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon, pending league approval.

Who's getting the better end of this deal?

JO is most certainly an upgrade offensively and defensively in the post over Joel Anthony and Magloire at the 5. Jamario Moon is a poor man's Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace anyway... gives Beasley more time to develop at the 3. Expiring contract anyway.

Marion has the expiring contract this summer and is a much better defender, rebounder and slasher than Moon. JO became expendable since Bargnani's improved this season, I wish it worked out in Toronto for him though.

What the hell are we gonna do with Marcus Banks? FOUR point guards? I suppose he's is a more capable starter than Solomon or Ukic if Calderon goes down.

Can the Raps make a late push to make the playoffs? =S Hopefully not too late...

Guest xsilentangel
Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks sent to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon, pending league approval.

Who's getting the better end of this deal?

JO is most certainly an upgrade offensively and defensively in the post over Joel Anthony and Magloire at the 5. Jamario Moon is a poor man's Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace anyway... gives Beasley more time to develop at the 3. Expiring contract anyway.

Marion has the expiring contract this summer and is a much better defender, rebounder and slasher than Moon. JO became expendable since Bargnani's improved this season, I wish it worked out in Toronto for him though.

What the hell are we gonna do with Marcus Banks? FOUR point guards? I suppose he's is a more capable starter than Solomon or Ukic if Calderon goes down.

Can the Raps make a late push to make the playoffs? =S Hopefully not too late...

I think the trade is good for both teams. I think it satisfies the Heat and Pat Riley especially, since he wanted a big guy. O'Neal fits the major void at center for Miami. Front three in Miami is strong and Shawn Marion could get comfortable with the Raptors. Marion just.. didn't fit with the Heat at all. I believe Marcus Banks will not be as useless as people think he will be.

Raptors could sneak in, only 4 games from a playoff spot right?

Anyone watching the celebrity game and rookie/sophomore game? I think I'll pass.

Guest knockblock
Anyone watching the celebrity game and rookie/sophomore game? I think I'll pass.

I am because a couple players on my team are on the sophmore team.

Guest sly1992

The JO trade makes me happy because I am a Heats fan.

This def. gives a center who can score.

Marion played an excellent last game as a Miami Heat, sad to seem him go but in order to survive the next few matches against the beasts of the East, we need a center.

Archived