NBA

Guest Chioster

I'm not hating on Nash. I actually believe he's a legitimate contender this year, even though he probably plays with the most talented team on paper. He's shooting close to 50% on threes, double digit assists, and his team is playing great. He's raised his game to another level. the point i'm trying to get across is that the media is not ready to put steve nash on a list of 3 consecutive MVP awards with the likes of Larry Legend, Wilt the Stilt and Bill Russell(MJ never actually won 3 in a row). Can you really compare Stevie Nash to the likes of larry? Realistically, I feel like if you put that comparison together everyone would say that larry was the better player of the two, and its probably the same for bill russell and wilt chamberlain. I feel like the media is ready to put steve nash on the platform of nba legends, just yet. it may have to do with his disappearances during the playoffs or whatever, but i think its insulting to put steve nash on a list with the greats previously mentioned. he's had 3 great seasons, and before that he was just a good player. Plus, its not enough half way through the season, we shouldn't be having this conversation yet.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN
it's possible that steve nash will win 3 mvp's in a row..don't forget..the majority of the press are white people.

Seeing as how Nash is the first white person to win the MVP (once for that matter) since Larry Bird in 86', that shouldn't make much of a difference...

Peja was white, had great numbers and the Kings did great during Garnett's MVP season...

Guest res0nate

Why is Nash in the same sentence of said greats? Christ, these are different times, diff. eras and different games. Unless the Wiz seriously takeover the East, Nash'll win it providing that the Suns keep pace.

Besides, the only thing that should matter are the rings.

Guest thelivinlegend21
Why is Nash in the same sentence of said greats? Christ, these are different times, diff. eras and different games. Unless the Wiz seriously takeover the East, Nash'll win it providing that the Suns keep pace.

Besides, the only thing that should matter are the rings.

^

Doesn't that contradict your own post a bit? "Besides, the only thing that should matter are the rings." How many rings has Nash won? None. But you're right about Nash being in a different era playing against different players. And I think we're all forgetting one thing: The Suns are only two wins behind Dallas for the best record in the NBA, and people are voting for REGULAR SEASON MVP, something I overlooked myself when I said he shouldn't win again. Now, it's too early to say who should or should not win, but he shouldn't be underfire over an issue that can only be proved wrong in theory by comparisons to the "greats".

Unless y'all wanna bring up that "Rocky Balboa v Mason Dixon" computer fight in the movie, it's impossible to see which era was greater. Sure, highlights from videos, stats, whatever might point to one side, but it's much more than that. Everyone is biased one way or the other.

Guest res0nate

Haha, I should've included the MVP covers the season thing. If the MVP award was something the press voted on over a full season which included the finals, things would be different.

As it stands, Nash has it if the reg. season were to end right now.

I'm sure Nash could care less about how many trophies he gets to take home if one of them doesn't include a ring and banner raising. (Unless of course, you're a player that cares more about personal accolades..)

Guest knockblock

I think Steve Nash is overrated. Won't deny that he has made other players around him better but just look at the players he has around him like Marion and Stoudemire.

Guest thelivinlegend21

^

Honestly now, how could you say that? I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sure, he might be smushed around by talent and scorers, but they have no one else that can facilitate their offense. Marion's a scorer, not a creator. I've only seen him take people off the dribble like 5 times (there are probably more, but not enough to constitute him as a creator). Nash continually spoon feeds him his points off fast breaks and halfcourt sets for jumpshots. Sure, he has the explosive-ness, but without Nash, I'd honestly believe he'd be a more improved version of a Stromile Swift or a replica of Maurice Evans, all talent and athleticism with no substance. Amare is another case...he's the entire package and will be an eventual franchise player at this rate. Barbosa and Diaw probably the last guys that can create on the team. But they're not true point guards. They won't make the team better like Nash can.

As for the rest of the team, who do they have...Raja Bell, James Jones, and Jumaine Jones who stand out there beyond the arc waiting for Nash to save them from their inability to score on their own.

Honestly, this Phoenix Suns team wouldn't have their high-octane offense if Nash never showed up. They'd be running halfcourt sets like most teams in the league.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
I think Steve Nash is overrated. Won't deny that he has made other players around him better but just look at the players he has around him like Marion and Stoudemire.

Look who he had on the Mavs over the years: Dirk, Antoine Walker, Finley, Jamison, Juwan Howard, Josh Howard, etc.

Pretty equal with the Suns' talent since Nash resigned there if you ask me.

I personally thought Nash's career was on a decline and he wasn't gonna get any better in Phoenix. Apparently I was wrong.

Guest LolitaMan

You obviously forgot how crappy that team was before Nash got there. No way is he overrated. What more could you possibly ask from a PG? :wacko:

Guest LolitaMan
^im not quite sure on this one, but i think the mavs also improved after he left

dont quote me on this one lol

Josh Howard became a starter correct? He's quite a player both offensively and defensively. And Jason Terry filled in just fine.

Guest EYJAYJAY

er.. sun's players like amare and marion are athletic. they can run and jump.. they have the speed and power. i wouldnt say they are skilled enough to carry their team to a high lvl. amare gets his points from drunking and marion from fast break (not saying all the points they score are scored in this fashion but that's the majority of their game). suns are doing good because they found the right combination for a TEAM.

er.. sun's players like amare and marion are athletic. they can run and jump.. they have the speed and power. i wouldnt say they are skilled enough to carry their team to a high lvl. amare gets his points from drunking and marion from fast break (not saying all the points they score are scored in this fashion but that's the majority of their game). suns are doing good because they found the right combination for a TEAM.

exactly. amare and marion are good players but they arent GREAT!. They wouldn't be doing the things they are doing right now without Steve Nash. I don't see Marion creating his own shot. He made Diaw, Barbosa, and Raja good players.

and the suns look unstoppable right now.

dude. deron williams. 7 pts 21 asts. is it just me, or does that sound like the line for a budding superstar? that's stevie nash-esque

Is there anyone who hasn't seen Ali G interview NBA players and the TNT NBA crew? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQVew0L0Vg

I've seen this like 10 times in the past 3 months but it's still hilarious. You can see Nash getting irritated

I've seen some of those before ...

I still think the Kobe one is the best ... "Well there's air in this room; how come this room ain't bouncing" :lol:

Archived