NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN
^

Aren't the Raps first in their division? their lucky their division is pretty sorry. i was hoping that the Nets would take that division, but we'll see...

So, I'm a sad Kings fans. they've lost 5 close games in a row. our streak of 8 play-off seasons might come to an end this year. who do i blame? the coach. he has no consistent rotation and he's not clear on the players roles. if not the coach then it's our big men. wait - WHAT big men? we don't have any. we better make a move soon or else we're going to end up with a losing season.

Raptors and Nets are like tied or seperate by a single game in the Atlantic.

No doubt the Raptors are able to spook the top NBA teams. But guys like Garbajosa, Peterson, Nesterovic, Graham and definitely Fred Jones are pretty inconsistent.

I'd love to see Brad Miller play for Toronto.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna see him on the Heat.

Jason Williams

Dwyane Wade

Chris Webber?

Haslem

Shaq/Zo

would that work?

i personally think that's a horribe line up. especially since you won't be able to guard any forward in the league. Webber's knees are so bad, he can barely run, and haslem isn't really a perimeter defender. they would have a terrible time defending the perimeter.

Webber will sign with Pistons

Associated Press

Posted: 1 hour ago

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) - Chris Webber will sign with the Detroit Pistons, returning to the area where he starred in college and was tarnished in a booster scandal.

The five-time All-Star was waived by the Philadelphia 76ers last week. He becomes an unrestricted free agent after clearing waivers Tuesday, freeing him to sign a new deal.

"Joining the Pistons will allow me the opportunity to play the game I love in my hometown of Detroit surrounded by my family," Webber said in a statement Monday.

The Pistons said they wouldn't comment until Webber clears waivers at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

The 76ers cut ties Thursday with Webber by buying out the final 1 1/2 years of his contract, which called for him to make nearly $21 million this season and $22 million next year.

Webber is coming back to familiar territory. He was born in Detroit and was one of the nation's outstanding college players at Michigan. His accomplishments, however, were clouded by his ties to a booster that resulted in federal charges against him and NCAA sanctions against the university.

Webber, the No. 1 pick overall in 1993, wants to contribute to a contender, and Detroit gives him a chance to do that.

"I look forward to joining a roster of talented athletes and working towards a fourth NBA title for the Pistons and the great city of Detroit," he said.

Webber, 6-foot-10, could start at center next to power forward Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons have the second-best record in the Eastern Conference and are the first team since the early 1990s to advance to four straight conference championships.

O my ... I hope this doesn't hinder my Pistons. xD

Guest plusone

i think the only reason why he's going to detroit is because the front office said theyd guarantee him a starting job

if cwebb comes up behind sheed, i can see a cranky cwebb and a cranky cwebb could screw up the pistons

i personally think that's a horribe line up. especially since you won't be able to guard any forward in the league. Webber's knees are so bad, he can barely run, and haslem isn't really a perimeter defender. they would have a terrible time defending the perimeter.

yup. forgot about webber and his knees. :)

Players like CWebb need to realize that they are has-beens and are no longer franchise players. They need to stop being greedy and demanding to be starters or getting starter minutes, etc, etc, etc, etc.

There are only a few players, right now, who can demand such things. Iverson is on top of that list. As long as he knows that the Nuggets belong to Melo then there shouldn't be any probs.

Guest LolitaMan

I'm pissed the pistons brought in webber. That guy has no defense, shoots lame outside jumpers. (looks stupid shooting them too) and misses a lot. This is just taking away minutes from the younger players like Jason Maxiel. And Pistons need to trade that ball-hogging sorryass Flip murray.

I'm pissed the pistons brought in webber. That guy has no defense, shoots lame outside jumpers. (looks stupid shooting them too) and misses a lot. This is just taking away minutes from the younger players like Jason Maxiel. And Pistons need to trade that ball-hogging sorryass Flip murray.

I think that taking maxiell's minutes away is a bad thing, especially in the smaller east, where smaller pfs can play the 5. but webber does bring passing, and will allow rasheed wallace to roam around on defense instead of having to guard the 5, so it might help. and flip, i believe was the starting pg out of necessity because of the injuries to both billups and hunter, so you really can't complain. the guy is a natural 2 being forced to play the 1. from what i read, i hear that with the addition of webber, one of the bigs(mohammed, davis or mcdyess) is not expendable, and they're trying to bring in a guard(jaric?) or bonzi wells.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Well for sure Pistons can't last with Sheed, Rip, Billups and Prince that much longer, gotta have some new faces playing big minutes eventually.

Guest knockblock

I guess they should try to make moves while they can if they really do want to contend.

Either be terrible or make the playoffs. Being mediocre isn't fun. Especially because this year the draft will have very good players.

Guest EYJAYJAY

wowowowow 8 players trade.

harrington, jackson, jasikevicius and powell from pacers to warriors for dunleavy, murphy, diogu and mcleod. not sure bout pacers but warriors definitely got a boost, i think they'll fit nelson's style of play.

wowowowow 8 players trade.

harrington, jackson, jasikevicius and powell from pacers to warriors for dunleavy, murphy, diogu and mcleod. not sure bout pacers but warriors definitely got a boost, i think they'll fit nelson's style of play.

I agree. As a Warriors fan, I like the trade. Dunleavy and Murphy is not a good fit to Nelson's system. I like Diogu though, I think he has good potential. But in return they get Harrington, Jackson among others, and they should be more athetical. Murphy attended Norte Dame, so it's like homecoming to him playing for the Pacers.

^ not only that, but you also get a ridiculous amount of depth. you have ellis, sarunus, pietrus, and barnes coming off the bench. that's pretty solid, and you know nelson will use his bench, especially if they play run and gun.

and the startlng linup for now should look like:

pg - ellis

sg - davis

sf - jackson

pf - harrington

c - biedrins.

and that's a good lineup for nellie to work with

Archived