NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest ooBah

Excellent pick up. I think Pat Riley is also going after T-Mac. So much for salary cap.

I hope he isn't lol. If he's going after tmac he might as well go after AI at the same time.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest showgunz

cp3 wants to come to orlando to play with d12

or to new york, and try to lure carmelo there

portland and dallas are longshots

cp3 and okafor for nelson, carter's EC, and gortat

oh please otis smith...make it happen

kept an eye on the mavs summer team cause of domonique jones from usf

he looks solid , but needs to play a little more under control

noticed justin lin playing well, too

mavs are trying to sign him, but i heard the lakers were going hard after him as well

30 Miami Heat ticket sales staff were fired for selling too many season tickets lol

Probably because the owners wanted to jack up the price 5 fold but were no more tickets to be sold.

Their jobs were to sell season tickets, but their jobs are no longer needed since the Heat can sell out in an instance. All the season tickets were sold out already, and their jobs were probably commission based so they made a bunch of $$$.

Business, I don't blame the organization.

Guest Allison

^ I'll most definitely be watching that game. I'm rooting for the Celtics for the Eastern Champions this year.

I also cannot wait to see that Lakers vs. Heat game on Christmas day.

Guest Aznhobo

I think I'm the only charlotte bobcats fan in this entire forums but this year we're gonna be terrible unless we can shape up the roster somehow...

Guest ooBah

^His intensity is there, but personally I have a hard time agreeing when someone says he plays with so much heart. I don't see or feel emotions from him and I was highly disappointed with his slam dunk contest performance last year.

Guest Aznhobo

Maybe its cause you don't watch when he plays nba games haha. Yeah the dunk contest was kind of a let down but I think part of why he did it was because he wanted more publicity for Charlotte. I mean who wants to watch a bobcats game, lets be honest. PLus he already did the dunk contest back in the day and he did pretty well I think back then so I'm not sure why they picked him to do it when hes so old. He may have a "stoic" face but he always wants to win for charlotte and is a team player and hes very faithful to the city of charlotte unlike other stars such as Lebron and Bosh you know.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^His intensity is there, but personally I have a hard time agreeing when someone says he plays with so much heart. I don't see or feel emotions from him and I was highly disappointed with his slam dunk contest performance last year.

The guy is relentless on the boards for a small forward, is an excellent defender and attacks the basket with no regards (hence why he gets injured easily). He's the captain of the team as well!

And you're saying he doesn't play with so much heart? Intensity and heart are same thing in the NBA. You don't have to be roaring into the crowd to show heart. Look at Tim Duncan, he's so quiet but his four rings and game speak for themselves.

I know Stephen Jackson is the better scorer on the team, but the Bobcats are Wallace's team.

And the dunk contest... that's not a part of the game. Just something on the side and frankly, everyone sucked.

Guest showgunz

wallace is a beast

orlando almost got him a few years ago

was disappointed when they didnt

he woulda been a great complement to d12

shaq signed with the celtics

Guest KevinNumbah2

IMO, Shaq is going to wreck the celtics. His time is up... sure, he can still be of some use (the celtics are actually short on centers right now) but by the time the season starts, he's gonna be too old to run.

Does anybody else see how hard it is for him to dunk now? :sweatingbullets:

The only plus about him is that he is still a fairly large man. Thus being quite strong. That was all his points during last season.. overpowering. Problem is, he's gonna be too tired to keep up with the game anymore. Maybe if he started shooting 80% from the foul line?... Naaah.

If there was a player that deserved a championship the most, it would be Steve Nash. <_<

zm1mbk.jpg

Although i wish he stayed in cleveland for loyalty reasons... Im a Miami native, so i'm not complaining.

Bosh will ALWAYS LOOK like a raptor.

Size is size, and the Celtics were in need of it with Perkins out for a couple of months and Rasheed retiring. I'm not really sure how it's going to play out, and if Shaq would be comfortable taking a reserve role when Perkins comes back.

Although, I think this move could have been made just as much for the postseason as their need for a center. It should have more of an impact down the road, particularly with match-ups. One thing is for certain though, it gives them a whole new dimension they've never really had before.

Guest ooBah

The guy is relentless on the boards for a small forward, is an excellent defender and attacks the basket with no regards (hence why he gets injured easily). He's the captain of the team as well!

And you're saying he doesn't play with so much heart? Intensity and heart are same thing in the NBA. You don't have to be roaring into the crowd to show heart. Look at Tim Duncan, he's so quiet but his four rings and game speak for themselves.

I know Stephen Jackson is the better scorer on the team, but the Bobcats are Wallace's team.

And the dunk contest... that's not a part of the game. Just something on the side and frankly, everyone sucked.

Well, that's exactly why I said "personally". And as for the comparison to Duncan, I can see why you would use that comparison. But the energy given off from Duncan is entirely different from what "I" get from Wallace, simple as that. I'm not saying this guy has no talent (he puts up his share of numbers, good numbers. I always look for him in fantasy draft), he's good but I just don't happen to be a real fan of his. So cool off, I have nothing against him. No need to act like some of those ignorant Kobe fans.

On the other hand, I laugh at anyone that says the dunk contest is not part of the game. It's a huge part of the game and its history and tradition. Sure, it has recently deteriorated in quality and value and I don't care about it anymore, but that's because players have become less creative and don't care as much. Don't let that overshadow some of the greatest dunks in this sport.

IMO, Shaq is going to wreck the celtics. His time is up... sure, he can still be of some use (the celtics are actually short on centers right now) but by the time the season starts, he's gonna be too old to run.

Does anybody else see how hard it is for him to dunk now? :sweatingbullets:

The only plus about him is that he is still a fairly large man. Thus being quite strong. That was all his points during last season.. overpowering. Problem is, he's gonna be too tired to keep up with the game anymore. Maybe if he started shooting 80% from the foul line?... Naaah.

If there was a player that deserved a championship the most, it would be Steve Nash. <_<

I agree, Nash is one of the few players who deserves to win one before he retires.

As for shaq, I don't understand why you keep mentioning how he can't run. Don't you think the Celts signed him knowing that he can't run? You said it yourself, he's big and strong. Those traits are always handy especially for a half-court team, especially for a team that needs big bodies to throw against howard, bynum. Celtics are far from being a team that pushes the tempo, they need him for his defensive presence. Plus, you are saying as if he is required to put up 30 minutes a night. With Jermaine, big baby, and davis (when he comes back), shaq will only have to put up a good 20-25 minutes at most. And regular season doesn't matter, he will be rested for playoffs. Celts brought him in for playoffs. Another point you missed, Celts have made it clear that Shaq will be a sub for the most part instead of starting center and he accepted his role. P.S. have you seen all the failed KG dunks in the playoffs last year? He has more failed dunks than Shaq. So does that mean KG is not a good fit for celts anymore?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Well, that's exactly why I said "personally". And as for the comparison to Duncan, I can see why you would use that comparison. But the energy given off from Duncan is entirely different from what "I" get from Wallace, simple as that. I'm not saying this guy has no talent (he puts up his share of numbers, good numbers. I always look for him in fantasy draft), he's good but I just don't happen to be a real fan of his. So cool off, I have nothing against him. No need to act like some of those ignorant Kobe fans.

On the other hand, I laugh at anyone that says the dunk contest is not part of the game. It's a huge part of the game and its history and tradition. Sure, it has recently deteriorated in quality and value and I don't care about it anymore, but that's because players have become less creative and don't care as much. Don't let that overshadow some of the greatest dunks in this sport.

Don't even compare me to the ignorant Kobe fans, I've been been opposing them from when this thread was created, buddy. I didn't say anything about you saying Wallace lacking any talent. You said he lacked heart on the court and I responded by describing his game to show that he does.

Sorry but immortalized game dunks are more important to the NBA than Gerald Green jumping over a table.

-----------------------

Shaq gives the Celtics a viable pick&roll threat for Rondo to feed. If anything, he'll come off the bench with the second unit; his size alone is already an advantage against the other team's bench. Since when did Kendrick Perkins run with the Celtics anyway?

Archived