NBA

Guest Chioster

I think Childress had an early termination option in his contract with the overseas team he was playing with. I'm not entirely sure, this is coming off the top of my head. The team he was playing for was hoping he would go back to the NBA, in order to be relieved of the remainder of his contract. He's agreed to come back to the NBA and play for the Suns by working out the sign-and-trade with the Hawks.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vizion_

wtf, why did Miami sign mike miller for that much?? the guy is so washed up, Im sure they can get both AI and Tmac on board with that money, I know they are washed up too, but at least, you know they could careless about the money, and I'm sure they are still better than Mike Miller at least, not to mention way more popular.

and For the people who think Cleveland made Lebron what he is today, think again, Lebron would have been just as great as he is today had he been on any other team, for cleveland however, if any other player were to play for their team, they would still be the rather infelicitous team that no one knew about 8 years ago, for Dan Gilbert to say that about a man who increased his franchise's value by 100 million (and also fortunes elsewhere), the guy is a straight up richard simmons, he should be thanking Lebron for not leaving sooner when he had the chance 3 years ago.

Guest ooBah

wtf, why did Miami sign mike miller for that much?? the guy is so washed up, Im sure they can get both AI and Tmac on board with that money, I know they are washed up too, but at least, you know they could careless about the money, and I'm sure they are still better than Mike Miller at least, not to mention way more popular.

and For the people who think Cleveland made Lebron what he is today, think again, Lebron would have been just as great as he is today had he been on any other team, for cleveland however, if any other player were to play for their team, they would still be the rather infelicitous team that no one knew about 8 years ago, for Dan Gilbert to say that about a man who increased his franchise's value by 100 million (and also fortunes elsewhere), the guy is a straight up richard simmons, he should be thanking Lebron for not leaving sooner when he had the chance 3 years ago.

How much did Miller receive?

And adding Tmac for minimum can be understandable but I wouldn't add AI onto that team. Of course, AI dont care about money. He's already made so much from his endoresments and contracts; he wants the ball and he wants to call the shot as much as he wants a ring. Unless he shrinks of his ego, miami has no room for him.

How much did Miller receive?

Mike Miller's contract has been reported at roughly around $25 million over 5 years. Udonis Haslem has agreed to re-sign as well, but the terms of his deal have not been disclosed yet. Also, they don't have the mid-level exception to work with.

Guest melo.breeze

agree with what you say about what lbj did for cleveland, but i don't agree on the bolded statement though. for lebron to be as good as he is today, he would have had to be drafted to another team like cleveland (team in need of a star) to have had the same type of development. reason being is, a lot of lbj's development should be credited to cleveland's willingness to give the man the 'license to shoot' straight out of the rookie season. had he been drafted to a team where he'd be a no. 2 option instead of no.1 his development would have been hindered. i'm not saying he wouldn't have reached the level he is at today, i'm saying it probably would have taken him longer to reach this level had it been another team.

anyways, with the 8m cap space miami has left, signing mike for 25 for 5 years and now signing haslem, they have very little money left to work with. they'll probably end up signing a lot of vet ring chasers like stackhouse for the vet min.

Guest vizion_

agree with what you say about what lbj did for cleveland, but i don't agree on the bolded statement though. for lebron to be as good as he is today, he would have had to be drafted to another team like cleveland (team in need of a star) to have had the same type of development. reason being is, a lot of lbj's development should be credited to cleveland's willingness to give the man the 'license to shoot' straight out of the rookie season. had he been drafted to a team where he'd be a no. 2 option instead of no.1 his development would have been hindered. i'm not saying he wouldn't have reached the level he is at today, i'm saying it probably would have taken him longer to reach this level had it been another team.

anyways, with the 8m cap space miami has left, signing mike for 25 for 5 years and now signing haslem, they have very little money left to work with. they'll probably end up signing a lot of vet ring chasers like stackhouse for the vet min.

Yea, by other teams, I meant the teams that were in the lottery at the time obviously, there were at least 12 teams that could've used him as the lead man in the 03 draft, and each one of them would have embraced Lebron well, even though I personally, is not very fond of the king, I just couldn't stand how ignorant the owner is. So now, they got like no money left, and they only have a 5 man roster? how much are they allowed to go over the cap limit? seemed like miracle couple days ago, but turned out to be a quite messy situation.

Kobe > MJ? come on now.

So now, they got like no money left, and they only have a 5 man roster? how much are they allowed to go over the cap limit? seemed like miracle couple days ago, but turned out to be a quite messy situation.

If they wanted to, I think they could even use the rest of their cap room on one free agent. The only problem is once you've hit the cap, the only type of players you can sign from then on to fill the rest of your roster are minimum level players. The other disadvantage of going over the cap is that you have to the pay the luxury tax, a dollar-for-dollar tax on the amount you go over the cap. Basically, whatever amount you go over the cap, you'll have to pay double. The Heat already gave up their mid-level and bi-annual exceptions in order to acquire both LeBron and Bosh.

When you think of both scenarios, you're going to be stuck with minimum level players no matter what. It's just a matter of, are you willing to fork over the luxury tax in order to spend more money on another free agent?

Haslem's deal seems to be around $20 million over 5 years.

Guest ooBah

If they wanted to, I think they could even use the rest of their cap room on one free agent. The only problem is once you've hit the cap, the only type of players you can sign from then on to fill the rest of your roster are minimum level players. The other disadvantage of going over the cap is that you have to the pay the luxury tax, a dollar-for-dollar tax on the amount you go over the cap. Basically, whatever amount you go over the cap, you'll have to pay double. The Heat already gave up their mid-level and bi-annual exceptions in order to acquire both LeBron and Bosh.

When you think of both scenarios, you're going to be stuck with minimum level players no matter what. It's just a matter of, are you willing to fork over the luxury tax in order to spend more money on another free agent?

Haslem's deal seems to be around $20 million over 5 years.

Regardless of any current financial situation, they need to push into luxury tax if need to and not be stingy. It doesn't make sense if they limit the quality of the support cast after making such a big splash from signing the 3 best free agents. It's really an "all out" situation for them, expectations are high, the hype is high. Plus, Heat should be making lots of money from marketing, filled arenas, tv contracts

Guest chinguz

Here's hoping Rockets do some trades :phew:

I think James would have been better off if he went to Chicago. They got all the key ingredients if he had. But it will be interesting to see how Miami's roster ends up. Say Wade doesn't stay healthy... then what.

Guest chickpeas

Miami just picked up big Z. Mike Miller is said to be reconsidering his contract with them. I thought it was a done deal?

Warriors owner Chris Cohan screws over the fans one last time, selling the franchise for $450 million to Joe Lacob and Peter Guber.

As many people probably know, the fans wanted Larry Ellison to be the new owner. In Cohan's one last big F U to the fans, he decided to sell the team to somebody else, despite Ellison having the HIGHEST BID.

http://bit.ly/cms3lK

“Although I was the highest bidder, Chris Cohan decided to sell to someone else. In my experience this is a bit unusual. Nonetheless, I wish the Warriors and their fans nothing but success under their new ownership,” said Larry Ellison.

^did the management not like the fans?

Warriors fans hated Cohan and his management team. Back in 2000 at the All-Star game, they booed him out of the arena. He hasn't publicly shown himself to any game since then because he knows how much the fans hated him.

So as the final sale process drew near, he and his cronies decided to lock in long term deals that will impede future moves as a departing gift. More years of suckage.

His one final screw over to the fans was to give the team to somebody other than Ellison, a fan favorite.

Here's a little snippet of what he's managed to screw up during his tenure as Warriors owner:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/07/15/warriors-sale-cohan-departs-strangely-silently-and-with-hard-questions-left-unanswered/

There won’t be a Chris Cohan grand round of farewell interviews, nor will there will be a need for such hilarity, though I do hear he has an appointment scheduled with the federal government in a few months.

Chris, we hardly wanted to know ye but dammit, you still stuck around for 16 marathon years.

Joseph Lacob is the new owner, after hitting the $450M asking price. Cohan is through. See ya! (It’s hard to vanish when you actually were a ghost in the first place.)

Cohan will be remembered for being booed at the 2000 All-Star Game, and that was just the start of his blistering and deserved relationship with this incredible Warriors fan base.

He’ll be remembered for getting snookered by Don Nelson not once, but twice.

He’ll be remembered for clumsily trying to re-sign Gilbert Arenas after Arenas’ 2nd season, and for Arenas looking at him and thinkning, no way I’m signing with this guy.

He’ll be remembered for 16 seasons of zero plan–or constantly changing plans, year to year, reaching out for the quickest fix and the easiest scapegoat.

He’ll be remembered as the man who ran a franchise that acquired, publicized, mis-used, lost with and then spit out dozens and dozens of players, one after another, with each player touted by willing shills, who then would happily trash each of them when their usefulness had passed.

He’ll be remembered for one playoff berth in 16 years, then for letting Rowell run off Chris Mullin, the exec who helped get them there.

He’ll be remembered for hiding from the public, even in the few good years. He’ll be remembered for not being able to speak coherently, even in the early years.

He’ll be remembered for his paranoia. He’ll be remembered for driving away legions of employees.

He’ll be remembered for finally putting his full faith in Rowell, which was worse than driving away legions of good employees.

He’ll be remembered for Brian Winters, Dave Twardzik, Garry St. Jean, Eric Musselman, Larry Riley and all the other mediocrities he let shape this team over the years.

Cohan will be remembered for so many things–for being the worst owner in Bay Area history, if you add up all the years and all the mistakes and crowds that kept coming and coming.

And he’ll be remembered, also, for the clumsy way he exited. Of course he will.

This was a process set up to elicit the biggest bid possible from Larry Ellison. Nobody really debates that one.

And Ellison claims that he made the biggest bid, which is not really disputed either.

Guest ooBah

^ouch. pardon for the ignorance, i just never paid attention to the warriors even after that big upset to mavs.

and ouch to magic's owner... 23 million into luxury tax.

Archived