NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AznRmX

so dissapointed in lebron. he's suppose to build his own championship team and his own legacy. not become a follower.

Guest ooBah

The Cavs are gonna be one of the worst teams in the league this coming season lol

I'd bet their viewership and attendance is going to drop like a rock and all the bandwagon jumpers are leaving the Cavs and going to the Heat.

I don't know. I see them still having a solid group. Not good, but solid enough to be around the middle of eastern conference.

Now lets see if lebron is really taking a paycut like what he just announced on tv.

Guest xsilentangel

Yeah he's a hypocrite. He said that "three people, two people, 1 person... doesn't make a team" or something like that, but then why is he leaving Cleveland? That probably pissed off Cleveland fans to an even greater extent. I understand the pain of the Cleveland fans.

Now lets see if lebron is really taking a paycut like what he just announced on tv.

I didn't really pay attention to the interview, because the Warriors (my team, yes they suck) just traded away 3 of their players for David Lee in a sign and trade from the Knicks.

But the $1 million "sacrifice" the trio is going to make is really nothing at all, because Florida has no state income tax and a $15.6 million deal is essentially the same as a max contract ($16.6m) anywhere else after tax.

I didn't really pay attention to the interview, because the Warriors (my team, yes they suck) just traded away 3 of their players for David Lee in a sign and trade from the Knicks.

But the $1 million "sacrifice" the trio is going to make is really nothing at all, because Florida has no state income tax and a $15.6 million deal is essentially the same as a max contract ($16.6m) anywhere else after tax.

NBA players have to pay taxes to every state they play in during the season. So taxes = unavoidable.

I wonder if the three in Miami will have chemistry.

I wondered about that too, but the more I think about it, I think those three guys can make it work. They can all play selfless ball and have versatile skill-sets.

Over the years, they've developed whatever deficiencies they had when they entered the league. LeBron and Wade both came in the league as point guards, Wade and Bosh were pretty polished defenders, and Bosh always had a nice stroke. Both James and Wade have become respectable shooters, and James has put in a lot more effort on the defensive end.

Chalmers and Joel Anthony, I don't think they're going to be Rondo and Perkins, but Chalmers has got some game. Anthony is respectable. Who Riley adds to this team from here on out can really make him look like a magician.

Guest ooBah

^Carmelo in the 2011 offseason, bank on it! If he can pull this off, he will find a way to sign Carmelo.

PG: Wade

SG: Melo

SF: Lebron

PF: Bosh

C: Anthony? Who cares!

Why don't you add in Jordan, Reggie, Magic and Bird coming out of retirement while you are at it?

Dumb comments aside, NY needs to sign Melo next year with some quality support for a team to fight off Miami in the future. Boston and Orlando can still compete against Miami in the next two year (at most) but that's about it.

OMGHIyori2U Icon: nothing wrong with warriors. I like a creative coach like nelson and you guys got good fans over there. I think the two players traded for Lee are gonna thrive in NY and you guys get a good player in Lee. But I was certainly surprised though. I thought NY would keep Lee to help out Amare in the post if Lebron don't sign with NY; Lee/Amare would've been a great front court.

Why don't you add in Jordan, Reggie, Magic and Bird coming out of retirement while you are at it?

Dumb comments aside, NY needs to sign Melo next year with some quality support for a team to fight off Miami in the future. Boston and Orlando can still compete against Miami in the next two year (at most) but that's about it.

Lol at the beginning of the post season I said it was a dumb comment that Lebron and Bosh will join Wade in Miami. I couldn't see Lebron leaving Cleveland without winning a championship. Now that happened, I'm not going to say Melo to Miami is a dumb comment. I don't see Melo leaving the Nuggets, but anything is possible after this post season.

And honestly, your comment of Jordan, Reggie, Magic, etc. is pretty dumb.

Oh and about the Miami team chemistry, I hope the current Lebron is not the same as the Lebron here:

2rcs591.gif

Just look at those jealous eyes.

Guest ooBah

Lol at the beginning of the post season I said it was a dumb comment that Lebron and Bosh will join Wade in Miami. I couldn't see Lebron leaving Cleveland without winning a championship. Now that happened, I'm not going to say Melo to Miami is a dumb comment. I don't see Melo leaving the Nuggets, but anything is possible after this post season.

And honestly, your comment of Jordan, Reggie, Magic, etc. is pretty dumb.

Oh and about the Miami team chemistry, I hope the current Lebron is not the same as the Lebron here:

2rcs591.gif

Just look at those jealous eyes.

Of course the Jordan, Reggie comment was dumb. It was to show you how dumb yours was, learn sarcasm. You couldn't see Lebron leaving cleveland "without winning a championship". That was more of an opinion. But it wasn't impossible, cap space was there. I think your current comment was dumb because you should know that Miami, after these additions, only have enough money or cap space left to sign players to minimum contracts to fill up their roster. What makes you think it is even possible that they can add another guy making $10mil or more a year to that roster?

Of course the Jordan, Reggie comment was dumb. It was to show you how dumb yours was, learn sarcasm. You couldn't see Lebron leaving cleveland "without winning a championship". That was more of an opinion. But it wasn't impossible, cap space was there. I think your current comment was dumb because you should know that Miami, after these additions, only have enough money or cap space left to sign players to minimum contracts to fill up their roster. What makes you think it is even possible that they can add another guy making $10mil or more a year to that roster?

You're saying it's impossible, that is dumb. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all take a bigger paycuts then they need to so Miami can sign Carmelo next off season.

Not saying they would, but I just created a scenario where it is possible. Highly unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No. So you're wrong, cap space can be created.

Guest xsilentangel

I wondered about that too, but the more I think about it, I think those three guys can make it work. They can all play selfless ball and have versatile skill-sets.

Over the years, they've developed whatever deficiencies they had when they entered the league. LeBron and Wade both came in the league as point guards, Wade and Bosh were pretty polished defenders, and Bosh always had a nice stroke. Both James and Wade have become respectable shooters, and James has put in a lot more effort on the defensive end.

Chalmers and Joel Anthony, I don't think they're going to be Rondo and Perkins, but Chalmers has got some game. Anthony is respectable. Who Riley adds to this team from here on out can really make him look like a magician.

Yeah the three on the Heat were on the Dream Team so they must have chemistry. Who will sacrifice more.. Lebron or Wade? No offense to Bosh but I think the other two will have bigger roles on the Heat than him. I don't agree with Reggie Miller that Wade MUST be the "leader" since it's his team.. Yeah I have to say, what Pat Riley does now is absolutely crucial. Then again, who wouldn't want to join this team besides money-hungry players?

Who do you think is in the worst-case scenario now? Cleveland? New York (or should I say, Amare?) New Jersey? Other?

Cleveland must be in chaos right now.. seriously. The Knick fans were hilarious haha.. waiting outside Madison Square Garden and chanting Lebron over and over only to be disappointed. Whether he signed with the Knicks or not, what were they expecting?.. Even with Amare I can only see them as first-round exits. LOL they even chanted Carmelo afterwards.. I give them kudos for their optimism though.

I wonder how many Lebron jerseys are being thrown out, thrown into the closet, burned, etc. There's probably enough to make a mountain.

Archived