NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest ooBah

to be fair, i made that comment before game 1 even began, but by the looks of things with the 2-0 lead, lakers are gonna get by the wcf in 5 or 6. i don't see a sweep (if they do, then i'm glad), they'll probably split in phoenix and finish at home. the suns still probably have a little fight in them left, i expect to see frye hit his shots at home, he won't be throwing bricks like he is in LA.

anyways, i enjoyed watching stoudemire get picked apart by gasol and odom in the last 3 minutes of game 2. KARMA !! he said odom's game 1 was a lucky game ... LOL ! odom outplayed him both games coming off the bench may i add. whichever team chooses to sign stoudemire, i don't believe they should pay him a max contract, his offensive game is good, a lot of that is credited to nash and his defense is very mediocre, his rebounding isn't anything special either.

and on a lighter note for the suns, alvin gentry in the huddle said, 'if we don't double kobe, he can drop 80 on us', i lol'd when he said that. funny man.

i wouldn't mind seeing dwight getting a ring as well, but i'd rather lakers repeat this year. LOL ! and with the way things have shaped up in the boston/orlando series 2-0 in boston's favor, with homecourt as well, i don't see the magic surviving this round. i still firmly believe that hedo was a better match for the orlando squad than vc (at least hedo would've come up better in the clutch better than vc IMO), but it's a little to late to be arguing that case now.

looks like my wish for a lakers/boston finals rematch wasn't so farfetched afterall. at least this time around, my lakers will put up a better fight. with boston having pierce/kg/allen 2 years older, rondo 2 years better, missing posey against a lakers squad that is starting artest rather than radmanovic, bynum at 70% or so, a more comfortable pau gasol in the triangle (remember, gasol was traded midway through that season, so the chemistry wasn't 100%) and a kobe dying for vengeance this rematch will be awesome !!

true true. i am disappointed in the magics and as much as i love them, i would rather see celtics vs lakers just because of the rivalry and because i think celtics can match up better against lakers. even though the big three are 2 years older, they are also 2 years more comfortable playing with each other (just like gasol in the triangle system). rondo's play has significantly improved, rasheed has finally stepped up in the playoffs and his 3pt shooting stretches the defense more, and perkins/bigbaby are also playing a much improved, hard-nosed basketball under the basket. i see both teams stronger than when they last met, so if they meet again this will be an interesting series.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

i wouldn't mind seeing dwight getting a ring as well, but i'd rather lakers repeat this year. LOL ! and with the way things have shaped up in the boston/orlando series 2-0 in boston's favor, with homecourt as well, i don't see the magic surviving this round. i still firmly believe that hedo was a better match for the orlando squad than vc (at least hedo would've come up better in the clutch better than vc IMO), but it's a little to late to be arguing that case now.

looks like my wish for a lakers/boston finals rematch wasn't so farfetched afterall. at least this time around, my lakers will put up a better fight. with boston having pierce/kg/allen 2 years older, rondo 2 years better, missing posey against a lakers squad that is starting artest rather than radmanovic, bynum at 70% or so, a more comfortable pau gasol in the triangle (remember, gasol was traded midway through that season, so the chemistry wasn't 100%) and a kobe dying for vengeance this rematch will be awesome !!

YES. I freaking loved Hedo. I thought that was a horrible trade. I seriously don't know what's up with Orlando though. 8-0 and all of a sudden they lose two home games. I was real upset when Boston traded House for Nate too. I want to see Orlando win at least ONE game. LOL. I wouldn't mind if the Lakers won again either.

Honestly. I don't like the Lakers but I hate Lebron more and now that him and the Cavs are out. I really don't have an opinion on who wins.

Guest showgunz

hedo was leaving regardless

so a sign-and-trade by orlando was a smart thing on their part

and hedo was a product of the orlando system

he didn't do much in toronto this year, or sacramento and san antonio prior to orlando

orlando is a better team this year

the money saved on hedo let them go and get bass, j will, and barnes

unfortunately..boston is also better this year, with a healthier garnett, and a more polished rondo

but i still got hope

i'm not a fairweather fan

magic are gonna win four straight :)

Guest wendo

hedo was leaving regardless

so a sign-and-trade by orlando was a smart thing on their part

and hedo was a product of the orlando system

he didn't do much in toronto this year, or sacramento and san antonio prior to orlando

orlando is a better team this year

the money saved on hedo let them go and get bass, j will, and barnes

unfortunately..boston is also better this year, with a healthier garnett, and a more polished rondo

but i still got hope

i'm not a fairweather fan

magic are gonna win four straight :)

I agree go Magic!!

Guest PB&Banana

Magic is not gonna win if they play like this, no D, no rotation, no passion to win the game, it's just....the desperate don't even dive for the ball.

Guest (M)amagochi

sry guys...its all politic here

obviously its gona be another lakers vs celtics year

let's keep it real......which of these team in the playoff series make the most money in the franchise...

Guest ooBah

sry guys...its all politic here

obviously its gona be another lakers vs celtics year

let's keep it real......which of these team in the playoff series make the most money in the franchise...

lets keep it real, if it were about making money, it'll be lebron vs kobe

Guest melo.breeze

okay, i'm not one to complain about bad officiating, but the lakers/suns game 3 was just completely one sided. i don't care if suns played zone to force lakers into jumpshots, 42 ft attempts to 20, who are you trying to kid here ? the touch fouls the refs called on the lakers were just ridiculous. and also, ron artest, god, how many double teams does kobe have to draw and dish the ball to you until you knock a freakin' shot down ? gasol and odom ... you let amare drop 42 on you, you know you're defense is lacking. i may totally sound like a homer for saying this, but the only laker who played well tonight on both ends of the floor was kobe. 36, 9, 11. i was expecting the suns to win one at home, but the way the lakers lost tonight doesn't sit well with me, turnovers left and right, unfair calls, lack of defense.

now that i'm done with venting my frustrations, i'll make a bold statement and say amare will not have another stellar game like he did tonight, whether suns are able to pull another win, i'll stay off that, lakers(the team, not just kobe and gasol) play great at home but when they're on the road, the lakers (the team, minus gasol and kobe, play mediocre ball). another thing, bynum 4 fouls in only 7 minutes of play, this may sound harsh, but if he keeps playing like that, i don't want to see him in a laker uniform next year. he's inconsistent, injury prone, his only defensive merit is his height/length, mediocre shot blocker, victim to foul trouble, i say sign and trade for bosh ! muahahaha.

the wind seems to be blowing strongly in this direction -----------------------> celtics vs. lakers in the Finals! (albeit the lakers lost to suns in game 3)

its gonna be veryyy interesting... i wonder how LA is going to face boston's D :D

Guest showgunz

lets keep it real, if it were about making money, it'll be lebron vs kobe

the nba was pissed last year...and they're pissed this year

on a side note..i actually do miss those puppet commercials

"kobe puppet" - hey lebron, do ya see my rings? my nba championship ringggs? hahahahaha

okay, i'm not one to complain about bad officiating, but the lakers/suns game 3 was just completely one sided. i don't care if suns played zone to force lakers into jumpshots, 42 ft attempts to 20, who are you trying to kid here ? the touch fouls the refs called on the lakers were just ridiculous. and also, ron artest, god, how many double teams does kobe have to draw and dish the ball to you until you knock a freakin' shot down ? gasol and odom ... you let amare drop 42 on you, you know you're defense is lacking. i may totally sound like a homer for saying this, but the only laker who played well tonight on both ends of the floor was kobe. 36, 9, 11. i was expecting the suns to win one at home, but the way the lakers lost tonight doesn't sit well with me, turnovers left and right, unfair calls, lack of defense.

now that i'm done with venting my frustrations, i'll make a bold statement and say amare will not have another stellar game like he did tonight, whether suns are able to pull another win, i'll stay off that, lakers(the team, not just kobe and gasol) play great at home but when they're on the road, the lakers (the team, minus gasol and kobe, play mediocre ball). another thing, bynum 4 fouls in only 7 minutes of play, this may sound harsh, but if he keeps playing like that, i don't want to see him in a laker uniform next year. he's inconsistent, injury prone, his only defensive merit is his height/length, mediocre shot blocker, victim to foul trouble, i say sign and trade for bosh ! muahahaha.

Your tears: They are delicious!

Guest Valerie_BB

I think this has been the most boring NBA playoffs in a long time. I cant believe how many blowouts there has been.

Yes, it will be the Celtics and Lakers in the finals, but the only thing I really care about is if Lebron is going to Chicago, that would be so sweet!

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

I think this has been the most boring NBA playoffs in a long time. I cant believe how many blowouts there has been.

LOL. I know right. They had their FIRST overtime game today. In the conference finals. That's ridiculous.

Good to see the Magic play with more effort and aggressiveness even though it took a 0-3 deficit.

Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard showed up and took control of the game during OT, and the Celtics just made too many mistakes on both ends. The Celtics couldn't keep Nelson out of the paint and let Howard get every offensive board down the stretch and convert them into easy dunks.

On the offensive end, the Celtics coughed up the ball too much, and guys were just trying to score on their own rather than playing "together". The ball went to Pierce rather than Rondo to close out the game which was understandable, but he wasn’t able to knock down the same looks he got tonight as he’s done so many times before.

And Vince Carter… holy crap, he just served as a defensive liability toward the end and was absolutely incapable of getting himself going on the offensive end. Up to this point in the series, he's just been horrendous in the closing moments of games.

Aside from the Celtics' sloppy play towards the end of game four, it's been fun watching this team play. Their teamwork, defense, intensity, hustle, and aggressiveness are just great. I love what they're all about and hope they win it all this year.

Guest showgunz

kobe was pissed

this is what i love about him

the guy has such an insatiable passion to win

he works hard, plays hard..and demands the same from his teammates

he was asked at the press conference how his mood was

with a pissed off look, he answered.."jovial...just jovial" hahahaha

andrew bynum...you better wake up

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

WOW. What is this joke?! Perkins is ejected for WALKING AWAY?!

The refs need to under fire after this one. RIDICULOUS.

The first technical was one of those "I didn't see what happened so I'll give you both T's". And now this?

Dear David Stern. What are you going to do now.

Archived