NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest melo.breeze

haha, charles barkley is on a roll with his predictions. 'kobe's done, he can no longer score 30 night in, night out' - kobe scores 30 5 consecutive games, 'i'll bet everything i own, cleveland will sweep boston' - boston eliminates cleveland. i wonder what kind of lame excuses he'll come up with when tnt ot is on.

anyways, yeh, i didn't see any fight left in the cavs. the celtics just did a straight up good job on suppressing lbj (there was a spark where lbj hit back to back three's, but they disappeared again from there). they made him commit 9 turnovers, and if he would've gotten one more he would have made an unorthodox quadruple double. mo williams played great during the first half, 18-20 points but just completely disappeared during the second. story of the game, clevelands 22 turnovers to the celtics 13.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PB&Banana

^

I don't blame him if he does actually if I was him I would bolt because I don't see anything in Cleveland that is worth him staying.

IMO, Hill's a nice player and has really come along late into the season and during the Dallas series, but I don't think he's that good to the point where you can justify making Parker expendable for a minimal return just to inject some new young talent.

Hill's a very versatile and emerging player, but I don't think he can take on the PG duties exclusively there. To me, he's better off playing with Ginobili or Parker at the same time where he doesn't have to shoulder as much of the load.

Without Parker, I think they would struggle even more on the offensive end and lose whatever speed, youth, and athleticism they already possessed, and then an already impotent bench takes a big hit because a key player from their three guard rotation is gone causing it to go out of whack and creating a trickle-down effect. More than anything though, Parker is more consistent on a game-to-game basis and understands how to be aggressive with Duncan and Ginobili.

Guest ooBah
same as last year

few people gave orlando a chance to win

then they beat the cavs in six games

lebron's gonna try and get wade to go to chicago with him

celtics will be a tougher matchup for the magic

since they actually give a team effort

i can definitely see it possibly going seven games

i don't like how the suns are already being dismissed

i know the lakers have done well against them

but who ever thought the suns would sweep the spurs?

they might be a different animal this time around

but they need lopez and his size to have any chance

it could also be addition by subtraction, though

parker's a good player. but hill looks like he's ready to take over

and they need more young talent in there anyway

duncan and ginobili are nearing the end

From my understanding, chicago doesn't have the money to add 2 max agents. Nets, knicks, heat are the only teams able to add two, i think...

Guest melo.breeze

from the looks of things, suns chances against lakers seems to be getting better. with or without lopez, it seems bynum's knee seems to be getting worse, it hasn't been disclosed whether or not he'll be missing some games, but the simple fact that his knee is getting worse means his production will be limited.

Guest showgunz

^ that's too bad

i prefer to see both teams at full strength

IMO, Hill's a nice player and has really come along late into the season and during the Dallas series, but I don't think he's that good to the point where you can justify making Parker expendable for a minimal return just to inject some new young talent.

Hill's a very versatile and emerging player, but I don't think he can take on the PG duties exclusively there. To me, he's better off playing with Ginobili or Parker at the same time where he doesn't have to shoulder as much of the load.

Without Parker, I think they would struggle even more on the offensive end and lose whatever speed, youth, and athleticism they already possessed, and then an already impotent bench takes a big hit because a key player from their three guard rotation is gone causing it to go out of whack and creating a trickle-down effect. More than anything though, Parker is more consistent on a game-to-game basis and understands how to be aggressive with Duncan and Ginobili.

parker, to me, would be their most tradeable player

he's still playing at a high level

and i feel would net the spurs maximum value in return

if they get offered anything less...then no, they shouldn't trade him

i'm a little higher on hill

he's a different player from parker

whereas his versatility defensively could help offset any expected offensive dropoff

they're about the same size (i think), but hill's arms seem to be longer

and he's much more aggressive on defense

and the spurs played well without parker for that late stretch with hill at PG

and you do make a great point of how it would effect the bench

but they can fill that with players they get back in a possible trade

From my understanding, chicago doesn't have the money to add 2 max agents. Nets, knicks, heat are the only teams able to add two, i think...

i'm not really sure, either haha

i was just going off the thought that they would take less money for a better shot at a title

a starting line-up of rose, wade, james, gibson, noah looks damn good

i doubt it'll happen...it was just a thought

i personally think he's going to the nets

Guest PB&Banana

^

James + Rose

or

Wade + Rose would be killer I mean just the though of either one of these combos would be unreal.

James, Wade, and Rose won't happen though for bulls because they do not have the money like Nets or Knicks. I really wouldn't mind seeing Wade with Rose though, I'm a fan of Wade and I feel like he is still underrated as a player.

I would like for lakers to improve their bench I keep hoping and they never do it oh well fingers crossed.

Celtics won over Magic it's going to be an interesting series for me I don't know who will win.

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

^

James + Rose

or

Wade + Rose would be killer I mean just the though of either one of these combos would be unreal.

James, Wade, and Rose won't happen though for bulls because they do not have the money like Nets or Knicks. I really wouldn't mind seeing Wade with Rose though, I'm a fan of Wade and I feel like he is still underrated as a player.

I would like for lakers to improve their bench I keep hoping and they never do it oh well fingers crossed.

Celtics won over Magic it's going to be an interesting series for me I don't know who will win.

I seriously don't know why I've never been to this thread.

I'm a HUGE Wade fan but I think he has a better chance of staying in Miami if Riley's able to pull through.

Depending on how the Suns go too. Because Amare could go to Miami (which is what I'm secretly hoping for).

LOL. I'd like to see James and Rose only because of all the crap that Joakim gave the Cavs during their series.

I don't want to see Wade and Lebron though. It'd be a much more powerful team but then what's the point of watching basketball if this team will win all the time.

I still can't believe the Celtics beat the Cavs. Who know the good-old-C's had it in 'em. And this Orlando loss. My gosh. They were 8-0. Ridiculous. But I really want to see Dwight get a ring.

That was a lot in one post. LOL.

Guest ooBah

I seriously don't know why I've never been to this thread.

I'm a HUGE Wade fan but I think he has a better chance of staying in Miami if Riley's able to pull through.

Depending on how the Suns go too. Because Amare could go to Miami (which is what I'm secretly hoping for).

LOL. I'd like to see James and Rose only because of all the crap that Joakim gave the Cavs during their series.

I don't want to see Wade and Lebron though. It'd be a much more powerful team but then what's the point of watching basketball if this team will win all the time.

I still can't believe the Celtics beat the Cavs. Who know the good-old-C's had it in 'em. And this Orlando loss. My gosh. They were 8-0. Ridiculous. But I really want to see Dwight get a ring.

That was a lot in one post. LOL.

I am a big fan of Wade as well, but Amare joining Wade will be a big mistake. I personally don't feel like Amare is a max player or anywhere close. His offense is decent but I am not in awe with it, and I am confident to say that the run and gun system of the suns and playing with steve nash has 80% to do with his offense. His defense is improving but remains barely average. If he signs with Heat with Wade being there, I'm really expecting 18 and 8.. and chip in a block. Imo, the heat needs an inside force offensively and defensively, and Bosh is much more skilled than Amare is on both ends of the floor and Bosh is fierce.

Guest showgunz

^ i agree for the most part

amare needs a true PG who handles the ball most of the time

in miami, wade is the main ball-handler

and he's primarily a SG

bosh is definitely better than amare on defense

but amare's offense can be underrated because of steve nash

when facing up, he will always have a mismatch...whether at PF or C

and he scores the majority of his points that way

rather than from the pick & roll/pop with nash

but that said..bosh is a better fit with wade

+5

i still think he's going to the nets

not that i expected orlando to lose, but it wasn't surprising

boston was really riding an adrenaline rush after that cavs series

i picked orlando to win in six

not looking good right now...but i stand by my pick

kobe was insane last night

and odom showed what he can do when he feels like playing for real

great game by the lakers

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

Wizzies get John Wall in this year's draft

LOL. Well. Arenas is a PG. So who knows what they'll do.

Sucks that the Nets got third.

Guest ooBah

there's no way wizzies gonna let arenas play again on their team. they'll probably use him as trade bait

Guest melo.breeze

wow, VC sure did choose a crappy time to bomb those free throws. never would i have imagined the series to go 2-0 in boston's favor. and how dumb was reddick for calling a time out when they were on a fast break. that was fail.

Guest showgunz

^ he was floating for reals

and yea, carter choked

no excuses, though. orlando just got beat

but it was close...they need rashard & pietrus to get going

redick(!) might be playing their best ball right now

if magic can get it together and win game 3, i feel they can win game 4

if they lose game 3, they'll lose game 4 too

john wall is gonna be a beast

i predict he'll have a better rookie year than rose

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

wow, VC sure did choose a crappy time to bomb those free throws. never would i have imagined the series to go 2-0 in boston's favor. and how dumb was reddick for calling a time out when they were on a fast break. that was fail.

That literally killed me. XD

It was like when Ray missed those three free throws in a row.

Vince Choke Carter. I kind of want to see Dwight get a ring this year. Even after that flagrant.

from the looks of things, suns chances against lakers seems to be getting better. with or without lopez, it seems bynum's knee seems to be getting worse, it hasn't been disclosed whether or not he'll be missing some games, but the simple fact that his knee is getting worse means his production will be limited.

LOL

for a second there i thought you said the suns had a chance against the lakers.

Guest melo.breeze

LOL

for a second there i thought you said the suns had a chance against the lakers.

to be fair, i made that comment before game 1 even began, but by the looks of things with the 2-0 lead, lakers are gonna get by the wcf in 5 or 6. i don't see a sweep (if they do, then i'm glad), they'll probably split in phoenix and finish at home. the suns still probably have a little fight in them left, i expect to see frye hit his shots at home, he won't be throwing bricks like he is in LA.

anyways, i enjoyed watching stoudemire get picked apart by gasol and odom in the last 3 minutes of game 2. KARMA !! he said odom's game 1 was a lucky game ... LOL ! odom outplayed him both games coming off the bench may i add. whichever team chooses to sign stoudemire, i don't believe they should pay him a max contract, his offensive game is good, a lot of that is credited to nash and his defense is very mediocre, his rebounding isn't anything special either.

and on a lighter note for the suns, alvin gentry in the huddle said, 'if we don't double kobe, he can drop 80 on us', i lol'd when he said that. funny man.

That literally killed me. XD

It was like when Ray missed those three free throws in a row.

Vince Choke Carter. I kind of want to see Dwight get a ring this year. Even after that flagrant.

i wouldn't mind seeing dwight getting a ring as well, but i'd rather lakers repeat this year. LOL ! and with the way things have shaped up in the boston/orlando series 2-0 in boston's favor, with homecourt as well, i don't see the magic surviving this round. i still firmly believe that hedo was a better match for the orlando squad than vc (at least hedo would've come up better in the clutch better than vc IMO), but it's a little to late to be arguing that case now.

looks like my wish for a lakers/boston finals rematch wasn't so farfetched afterall. at least this time around, my lakers will put up a better fight. with boston having pierce/kg/allen 2 years older, rondo 2 years better, missing posey against a lakers squad that is starting artest rather than radmanovic, bynum at 70% or so, a more comfortable pau gasol in the triangle (remember, gasol was traded midway through that season, so the chemistry wasn't 100%) and a kobe dying for vengeance this rematch will be awesome !!

Archived