NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest PB&Banana

^

Ouch that is brutal 0 points and a loss.

I think if Lebron can't win a ring this year or at least make it back to the finals he'll go to another team.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^

Ouch that is brutal 0 points and a loss.

I think if Lebron can't win a ring this year or at least make it back to the finals he'll go to another team.

Well, he had 2 points off free throws, but yeah.

T-Mac's getting it done in his first FULL game in a while. 26 points, House with 22. Overtime.

Guest xsilentangel

^ What a shame that the Knicks still lost. It hurts to see Eddie House on another team.. The game was great though. Knicks fans must be excited as hell. The last possession for the Knicks could have been better though.. It seemed rather rushed.

Wow the Mavs are on a nice streak..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ooBah

A random thought I had today when I was reading about rookie of the month. Darren Collison from the Hornets was named western conference rookie of the month in feb, credits to paul being injured. I'm struggling to figure out what the hornets are going to do with this kid once paul gets back. There's no way they would be willing to depart with chris paul (arguably the best pg in the league) but this kid is phenomenal and having him coming off the bench would be a waste. And I doubt they can run paul and collison together because of size issues. any thoughts?

I think there could be an outside chance that the Hornets deal Chris Paul. Unfortunately, I think it would ultimately come down to the money and just how profitable that franchise really is. There were rumors in the past about them dealing CP3 due to lack of revenue and them being out of contention. Every team does need a franchise player to market around, but I'm not really sure just how good that team is doing financially.

I would think they would only deal CP3 if a pretty enticing offer came along. Maybe some other young talent still in their rookie contracts and draft picks in return along with salary relief by possibly being able to dump Okafor and Posey's contracts in some kind of package. As you mentioned though, it would be really tough to part with arguably the best point guard in the league right now, especially one who maybe hasn't even hit his prime yet.

I think they'll keep Darren Collison, but that's just me. It's a pretty good problem to have two effective point guards, and I think they can both play on the floor at the same time. Both of their games seem to be quite similar from the little I've watched Collison play with their speed and quick hands, but Collison seems to have more of a knack of getting in the lane, creating his own shots, and finishing after contact. I think he could definitely play some two guard alongside CP3 for stretches in the game off the bench and relieve CP3 of some minutes as his back-up. He's definitely not a bad defender either for his size.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Technically.. the Hornets already dealt with this problem with CP3 was injured earlier in the season.

Collison should be traded. With the NBA economy struggling, it's unlikely any team would take on Paul's contract unless it's an offseason deal this summer for teams with so many cap space. Then again, that's a long shot because Paul is a much more proven player than Collison.

Paul averages 20, 5 and 11 to Collison's 18, 4, 8 as a starter. Close numbers if you think about it, but 20-10 point guards are a rare asset in the NBA.

Paul and Collison have played together on the floor, but going with two small offensively talented point guards is suicide defensively (look at Golden State).

That being said, a lot of teams have cap space this summer so a salary dump of CP3 wouldn't be out of the question should some teams be unable to land a huge free agent *ahem* Knicks. OR get Paul and a big free agent.

Bosh and Paul? Sorry Boozer and DWill.

darren collison is pretty good. but so was rodney stuckey when he didn't have the the burden on his shoulders.

the hornets should wait and see...let paul go back to starter minutes, then see what offers they get in the offseason. if there's a good one, they should take it. i think darren collison is for real.

Guest melo.breeze

zzz ... lakers heat game ended the moment fisher turned his back on aroyo leaving him a wide open shot.

momentum just swifted into the heat's favor from then on.

Guest PB&Banana

One of the worst defensive efforts for the lakers seriously the game was like night and day. They stopped attacking and kept shooting when obviously it was not working for them their bigger go in and drive. What's even worse is that they forgot the word defense where the hell was that in the 3rd, 4th, and especially ot?

Guest ooBah

must say artest played an excellent lockdown defense on wade. but heat's team effort on defense tonight was good and the other heat players finally stepped up when wade wasn't doing too hot offensively

the lakers would shiet in their pants if they met the bobcats in the finals lol...bobcats have won 6 of the last 8 meetings between the two teams lol

Guest 432521

Parker is out for like 6 weeks because of a broken bone in his hand/arm. I wonder how this will effect the spurs.

Guest heartbreakkid

Milwaukee Bucks are playing good right now. They haven't been relevant since the 00-01 season and making it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I don't think they'll get past the 1st round but at least they're playing a lot better than previous seasons.

Archived