NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melo.breeze

i read this on a new article at nba.com

The Lakers are mulling starting a big lineup of Bryant, Artest, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Odom, who regularly came off the bench last season.

sit fish down and start odom at the point ? would that work ?

i've no doubt in my mind that quicker point guards would dominate lamar,

so are they thinking with the addition of artest, kobe can go pick off those quick guards,

whilst artest handles the 'go to' forwards ??

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

i read this on a new article at nba.com

sit fish down and start odom at the point ? would that work ?

i've no doubt in my mind that quicker point guards would dominate lamar,

so are they thinking with the addition of artest, kobe can go pick off those quick guards,

whilst artest handles the 'go to' forwards ??

I don't think Phil Jackson has the intention to start off the game with that lineup. Most likely Phil Jackson will try it out in the pre-season and see if it actually can work. He tried to do that with Lamar at SF during one-preason, but eventually saw that LO was best used off the bench. Perhaps Phil will try that lineup against teams who play more half-court style and not vs running teams like the Warriors. In that lineup though, I think Lamar plays the Point-Foward with Artest and Kobe defending the backcourt so Lamar wouldn't be put on PGs.

At this point, the Lakers have 3 players who can play that PG position in Fisher, Brown, and Farmar. I think Shannon Brown eventually gets major minutes at that spot.

Guest YeLLoW_dUde

Anyone think Iverson and Memphis will work? I personally feel it won't since Memphis has so many me first players, like OJ, Rudy and Zach. They all need the ball to do there thing, they probably have to have one of them or two deferring in offence, Since almost all of them average close to 20 ppg. I'm hoping it works out since i'm a huge AI fan, hope he can turn them into a winner lol.

Archived