NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest aznguy07

basketball season please come!

there are barely any interesting stories.

i'm tired of hearing about football on sportscenter.

LOOOOL I FEEL the same WAY!

i want it to come already!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Yao has the possibility of coming back this year, like near the end of the season. A part of me wants him back, but a part of me just wants him to stay out the whole year and heal that the up good, so that he doesn't injure it even more and when that happens it really might be career ending.

Guest melo.breeze

i'm curious and would like to know people's opinions on the following :

What will Shaq bring to the Cavs ? Will he even be someone worthy of worrying about ?

Have the Magic become stronger with the acquiring of VC ? Or have they become weaker with the loss of Turk ?

Have the Lakers improved by acquiring Artest ? Possibility of a repeat ?

How much more of a threat are the Spurs by acquiring Richard Jefferson is it ? (I think it was him they got), Have they gotten stronger by acquiring him ? Or stayed the same due to their age ?

What team do you think will most likely sign AI ? If no teams do, do you think he'll join the Euro league and dominate there ?

Has Boston improved by acquiring Sheed ? What are the odds of them beating the Cavs in a seven game series ? (provided they are healthy)

Where do Chicago stand as a team with the loss of Ben Gordon and a somewhat more mature and polished D.Rose ?

And most importantly, what in the world happened to Starbury ? (in regards to that channel he started ... i watched a few minutes of it, he was dancing with his shades on in the dark ... eh ...)

Guest Viet_teKniks

What will Shaq bring to the Cavs ? Will he even be someone worthy of worrying about ?

He will finally give lebron james a low post presence and soon you are going to be able to double team lebron because you will have kazaam in the middle and you can have the supporting cast around him such as mo williams and company. So it gives the cavs a whole new dimension to their game that have lacked in the recent years

Have the Magic become stronger with the acquiring of VC ? Or have they become weaker with the loss of Turk ?

I can go either way with this one, I mean v.carter is getting up their age wise and he does bring them veteran playoff experience which they lacked last year and with the loss of turk they lost a big man that can play sf,pf, or even the point sometimes..but i do want to point out the magic have bolstered their bench like no other this offseason with the addition of bass,barnes, and resigning of gortat, and bring vc to florida

I say the have improved on their season, I mean Artest is a stud on defense, yeah he has an ego but he can put up at least 15+a game and play sticky defense, I think yes the lakers are going to miss arizas energy and enthusiam for the game, but they upgraded definetly! possibility of a repeat definite in this future

How much more of a threat are the Spurs by acquiring Richard Jefferson is it ? (I think it was him they got), Have they gotten stronger by acquiring him ? Or stayed the same due to their age ?

They are a huge threat im ranking them as the second best team in the west behind LA and over my favorite team the mavs. Because they got younger and richard jefferson is a good player that they needed, now all they need is to hope and pray the injury bug does not bite them this season and they could be primed for a playoff run, and good find in the draft with dejuan blair, and also i forgot to mention they picked up antonio dice and another veteran to add to the mix

What team do you think will most likely sign AI ? If no teams do, do you think he'll join the Euro league and dominate there ?

Honestly nobody wants to sign a selfish player such as AI, and their is NO way he will play in the euro league, when you're in that league you are irrelevant. he will most likely sign with bottom feeder team jsut so they can sell seats

Has Boston improved by acquiring Sheed ? What are the odds of them beating the Cavs in a seven game series ? (provided they are healthy)

They sure did improve with the signing of rasheed, but this team couldnt do great things because the injury bug bit them and bit them hard, and the odds of the beating the cavs in seven games is in their favor, they have depth, experience, and are just 2 years removed from a NBA championship, so dont count out the celtics this year even if the magic and cavs bolstered their roster

Where do Chicago stand as a team with the loss of Ben Gordon and a somewhat more mature and polished D.Rose ?

I personally think they took a big hit with the loss of ben gordon, its going to be super hard for them to replace the production of ben, and d rose is just going to have to step up his game this year and put them team on his shoulders

And most importantly, what in the world happened to Starbury ? (in regards to that channel he started ... i watched a few minutes of it, he was dancing with his shades on in the dark ... eh

nutcase end of story

Guest LolitaMan

basketball season please come!

there are barely any interesting stories.

i'm tired of hearing about football on sportscenter.

Sorry but the NFL is King! You and most kids here will learn that eventually and realize the nba fails in comparison. B)

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

No love for my Toronto Raptors?

I'm a frequent visitor on a popular basketball forum, realgm, who also uses it?

I think they were mentioning that the Toronto Raptors may possibly become the first team, in a while, to have 5 WHITE guys on the court.

So Yao has the possibility of coming back this year, like near the end of the season. A part of me wants him back, but a part of me just wants him to stay out the whole year and heal that the up good, so that he doesn't injure it even more and when that happens it really might be career ending.

I'd rather see Yao come back when he's 100% healthy, with his new foot. I also don't see the Rockets going too far in the playoffs, especially since we don't know how T-mac is going to perform.

Yao deserves all the time off he can get because China will certainly want him to continue playing for them, after a Yao-less China got beat by Iran. China already has qualified for the World Championships and if Yao's healthy, I expect China to want him to play for them.

Other than that, the spotlight is now on Yi Jianlian.

29hb9s.jpg

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

If Shaq is motivated and healthy, he will bring another force in the paint for Lebron James. Just Shaq's size alone is something to worry about. However, Shaq 09-10 is not the same Shaq of the past. The Cavs may go far, but they're going to have to get through Boston and Orlando to do it.

I think the Magic have become stronger. Turkoglu was good in the sense that they had a clutch shooter and someone who can create his own shot, but Vince Carter teamed with Dwight Howard is going to be something. Then add the fact that Jameer Nelson is now returning healthy and they were able to resign Gortat, Magic are in good position to have a successful season.

Have the Lakers improved by acquiring Artest ? Possibility of a repeat ? If Artest doesn't become a loose cannon ball, I think signing Ron Artest for the MLE is a steal. I think the combination of signing Artest and that the Lakers were able to retain Free agents, Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown, makes the Lakers even more deadly. The Lakers now have a loaded lineup and if they don't at least get to the NBA Finals, it will be a huge dissapointment.

How much more of a threat are the Spurs by acquiring Richard Jefferson is it ? (I think it was him they got), Have they gotten stronger by acquiring him ? Or stayed the same due to their age ? .

Absolutely. Richard Jefferson gives them another explosive and athletic scorer. The only question is, will he be able to filled the void in defense now that Bruce Bowen is retiring? The Spurs have always shown they are one of the best teams, when healthy. The only problem I would see is with the Spurs front court and size. I'm not sure McDyess is going to be enough to help Tim Duncan, but the Spurs do put major emphasis on team ball so I expect them to come back strong this season

What team do you think will most likely sign AI ? If no teams do, do you think he'll join the Euro league and dominate there ? I think the Grizzlies signed him. On paper, the Grizzlies are loaded. Chemistry wise? Not so much.

Has Boston improved by acquiring Sheed ? What are the odds of them beating the Cavs in a seven game series ? (provided they are healthy). I think that the Celtics improved by signing Sheed. However, I do think the loss of Leon Powe might effect them too. When it's all said and done, I expect the Celtics to be in at least the Eastern Conference Finals. I personally want to see a Lakers vs Celtics Finals, and not Lakers vs Cavs.

The loss of Ben Gordon is going to hurt the Bulls in the sense that they might not have a clutch shooter. However, even with Ben Gordon I didn't expect the Bulls to get far in the playoffs. If they get to the Eastern Conference Finals, I'd be shocked.

And most importantly, what in the world happened to Starbury ? (in regards to that channel he started ... i watched a few minutes of it, he was dancing with his shades on in the dark ... eh ...)

He's rich and has tons of free time. He might get another shot in the NBA, but I think he wants to start so that might not happen. Who knows, if the Lakers trade Farmar or have another open spot available due to injury...Starbury might be able to play with the other NY players..Lamar and Artest.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he signed a 1 year deal to play in China. The CBA has pitiful guards and the foreign players are always tops in the stats category. Starbury could go back there and try to promote his shoe.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I think they were mentioning that the Toronto Raptors may possibly become the first team, in a while, to have 5 WHITE guys on the court.

I thought that was the Sacramento Kings?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Shaq is always SOMETHING to worry about. I don't care how old he is, his sheer physical presence in the post has done wonders for every team he's played for: the Magic, Lakers, Heat, and YES even the Suns despite their overall record success. Shaq opens up opportunities for everyone, and LeBron will take full advantage of that. He won't have to worry about playing too much if Big Z sticks around to back him up.

Carter has the athleticism that Turkoglu never had. But he won't be giving nor having match-up problems with any swingman in the league (save LeBron due to his sheer size...) Carter's not exactly a superb defender, but will fare better than Turkoglu. I'm more worried about how they'll do in the post, because Rashard Lewis STILL isn't an ideal power forward... Hope to see Howard and Gortat on the floor together.

Talent-wise.. yes. Psychologically... no. The Lakers can either take it all, or lose it all with Ron-Ron. Does he know his role on offense though? Hopefully it'll all work out just like when Rodman joined the Bulls...

Much more offensively potent. Even if Ginobili remains fragile, the Spurs will have a reliable third-scoring option. When Manu was out last season with injuries, Duncan and Parker had to take on more offensive duties. Things should be fine. Jefferson is a great perimeter defender. Not Bruce Bowen-vicious-hardcore-defense, but still respectable. His athleticism might make the Spurs less boring to watch. (haven't they ranked last in total dunks every year?)

Well... Grizzlies have grabbed him. This is gonna hinder the development of Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, and Mike Conley for sure, particularly the latter guards. If Mayo is gonna explode into a premier scorer, it won't be this season. But for sure, things are screwed up now with Zach Randolph in the mix as well. You have four guys capable of dropping 20 ppg (Gay, Randolph, Mayo and Iverson) but Iverson is supposed to be "THE MAN." This will be interesting to watch....

Definitely improved. Marquis Daniels joining the team has given them the swingman they so desperately needed off the bench from last year after losing James Posey. Having Sheed sub in for Perkins stretches the defense and more offensive options during crunch time; having Sheed come in for KG gives the Celtics someone who can still score.

Still pretty solid chances of overcoming the Cavs if you ask me. Shaq and Big Z can't guard Rasheed on the perimeter, and the Celtics would exploit that, no doubt. Glen Davis and Perkins are pretty bulky centers that could hold their own vs. Shaq in the post for a little bit.

Not to mention Glen Davis would steamroll Varejao. And Garnett? Well... he'd just make a joke out of Varejao, who's a pretty soft defender against big men more buff than he is.

John Salmons will make a decent 2-guard. He's much bigger than Gordon so he won't have to worry about match-up problems and can still score quite a bit.. Question is, how good will Luol Deng be? If Deng comes back on top of his game from his injuries, he can make up for the lack of Gordon's offense, just as how Salmons did well in Deng's place.

Who cares? Kings for all I care.

No love for my Toronto Raptors?

I'm a frequent visitor on a popular basketball forum, realgm, who also uses it?

Raps going to make playoffs this year! The question is, if they can get to 2nd round...

WHAT?!?!?! Quite speechless with this news!

Khloe K. and Lamar Rushing to Altar

Posted Tuesday 22 September 08:48 AM By: PopEater Staff

kourtney-1253624141.jpg

The Kardashian girls sure are busy these days in the romance department. As sister Kourtney is expecting her first child, younger sister Khloe is getting married this weekend to NBA star Lamar Odom after only dating him for a month.

Multiple PEOPLE sources confirm that the new couple is rushing to get married, and that guests are being invited by phone since invitations may not get to them in time. E! was the first to report the wedding news.

Of the couple, big sister Kim says told PEOPLE "very, very happy. Khloe thinks he's amazing and makes her laugh and smile constantly."

Odom is a star player on the Los Angeles Lakers, and according to various reports, his entire team will be in attendance when the two exchange vows.

credit: popeater

Archived