NBA

Guest Chioster

What does that have anything to do with getting benched?

And Shaq had great post moves. Dwight has as many post moves as the Magic have championships. Zero.

well your only allowed 6 fouls in a game. I'm mad at the fact that his chances decreased all in the first game and was "preserved" in the first quarter. I thought it was usual for coaches to bench players after two fouls in the first quarter? no? If not enlighten me as I'll be more than glad to hear.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ching22194

well your only allowed 6 fouls in a game. I'm mad at the fact that his chances decreased all in the first game and was "preserved" in the first quarter. I thought it was usual for coaches to bench players after two fouls in the first quarter? no? If not enlighten me as I'll be more than glad to hear.

if a star player got 2 fouls in first quarter coaches had no choice but to benched him.

as we all know players like howard is easily to be fouled out. small players can drive into him.

just like what lebron did in their previous meetings. what more in the finals as game getting intense

as well as the players. emotions too are getting too high, trying to contend every call refirees made.

in my knowledge howard needs at least 2 technical fousl to be suspended for 1 game and that s the

last thing magic would want.

Yea I don't really understand too. Your saying that Dwight was never in the game or got in rhythm because he got 2 quick fouls in the 1st quarter?

Comparing Dwight to Shaq is irrelevant. When Shaq was young he played in different NBA era. Shaq was able to get really aggressive and not get called for the foul. Nowadays everything is a foul, so coaches are quick to bench players after 2 quick fouls in the 1st quarter. Sometimes it's bad for the players because it can mess up his rhythm for the rest of the game.

I keep telling people Yao is still the better complete basketball player than Howard. Until Howard can post up, improve his FT, and develop a mid range shot. He will never be better than Shaq or Yao. He needs more offensive moves to go alone with his defense.

Let say if Dwight played in the Dennis Rodman era when he averaged 18+ rebound per game, Dwight would've been able to throw small guys around and not get called for foul. This is a watered down NBA league, the rules for protecting the shooter is like protecting the quarterback in the NFL.

Guest Jiwu

I think Magic should replace Lee in the starting lineup with Pietrus.

On defense:

Howard guards Gasol

Pietrus or Lewis guards Bynum

Pietrus or Lewis guards Ariza

Torkuglu guards Bryant

Alston guards Fisher

On offense:

Pound the ball inside with Howard

Guest xsilentangel

orlando magic were playing like they're getting paid to lose lol..terrible.

lakers were playing great..kobe was unstoppable.

i think the lakers will win =(

hopefully the magic can regroup..maybe jameer nelson has to start from now on lol..but it seems unfair to expect him to be a gamechanger when he hasn't played in such a long time..he should be rusty..hope he doesn't re-injure himself

MOFO Where is your team spirit?!

You knows that the Magic (and especially Stan Van Gundy) don't give up THAT EASILY.

The Magic lost their first playoff game versus the underdogs.. Philly.

I'm still shocked that Jameer actually played. Really thought it was all rumors.. I think his comeback throws a lot of balance off.. I think Alston couldn't get anything going.. So many uncontested 3's missed.. The starters just failed on both ends of the floor. Hopefully the team will adjust to make changes... and be prepared.

Guest PB&Banana

I'm pretty happy for the most part the lakers did everything right except for the lakers defense with the tres I mean most of the magics shot were open and uncontested. They didnt make it but sooner or later they will if we give them open looks.

Even though the lakers won by a lot there are stil a lot of thing that could be done better. Like stop fouling, the bench need need to step up meaning, sasha, brown, and farmar. Pau Gasol needs to do his own thing and not force anything he had to tries to post near the basket and tied to spin around the player and I was going wtf was he trying to do. Lakers need to stick to the game plan, move the ball, don't leave guy open! It won't be an easy series Magic are resilient and they got jameer back.

Come on lakers!

Guest Jinkst

It was nice to see Nelson dress up for the game and running around. But I didn't think he should be playing the mins he had last night. Just by looking at him he looks like a fatty and just not in condition. I believe they should have stuck to skip running the show. But it was a brutal game to watch for me and I like Lee and he has always been solid unlike Peitrus which seems to be kinda flaky on offense cause he needs 3-5 shoots in to find his rhythm in his game. But Van Gundy needs to make adjustments to help Lewis with his game cause we need him desperately in the 2nd half of the game and he just wasn't there.

Chris Boosh said he isn't signing a extension and might become a free-agent in 10. So I can see him in a New Orleans jersey and him and Chris Paul and Chandler will be the greatest show on earth imo. Or Miami if they can resign Wade and move J O'neal to GS he might be a Heat.. But i hope not causes then they will jack up season tickets up another 400 dollars dem fgts.

it was a great win for the lakers

the 3rd quarter was the kobe show.

damn, i was going crazy.

it's not likely the magic will have that bad of a shooting night again.

just gotta defend the three better.

it kinda looked like rashard lewis was being hesitant to shoot and alston was way off.

Guest SurpriseSex

I think Magic should replace Lee in the starting lineup with Pietrus.

On defense:

Howard guards Gasol

Pietrus or Lewis guards Bynum

Pietrus or Lewis guards Ariza

Torkuglu guards Bryant

Alston guards Fisher

On offense:

Pound the ball inside with Howard

Do you have any idea how defense works?

You normally try to match body sizes and types. Pietrus and Lewis both give up at least 50 or 60 pounds to Bynum. Lewis gives up 2 inches while Pietrus gives up 6. Not to mention neither of them are good post defenders.

Gasol is exceedingly mobile and versatile, Howard will pick up (and has) a lot of fouls guarding him.

Turkoglu is slow and plodding, he has a better chance of winning the lottery than keeping in front of Kobe Bryant.

Guest hear me roaar

yesterday's game was pretty good! <3 Kobe was on fire! i expected a little more from Dwight Howard though. but yeah i cant wait til game 2!

Guest bhebie9

They need Dwight, Gortat and Tony Battie up there together. Last time Gortat and Dwight was there together they slowed Lakers down even if for a little bit.

Oh and wow! Stan Van Gundy just...sitting O___O;; NOOOO!!!! Dwight is not making his freethrows!!!! ><

Guest Jiwu

Do you have any idea how defense works?

You normally try to match body sizes and types. Pietrus and Lewis both give up at least 50 or 60 pounds to Bynum. Lewis gives up 2 inches while Pietrus gives up 6. Not to mention neither of them are good post defenders.

Gasol is exceedingly mobile and versatile, Howard will pick up (and has) a lot of fouls guarding him.

Turkoglu is slow and plodding, he has a better chance of winning the lottery than keeping in front of Kobe Bryant.

But Bynum is not a good post up scorer. I would do the defensive plan that I posted rather than doing what the Magic did on Game 1 in which Gasol and Bryant kept eating their defenders alive (Lewis and Lee).

Guest SurpriseSex

But Bynum is not a good post up scorer. I would do the defensive plan that I posted rather than doing what the Magic did on Game 1 in which Gasol and Bryant kept eating their defenders alive (Lewis and Lee).

Really? Bynum is not a good post up scorer? Then I wonder what he does? Shoot three pointers, maybe? Bynum has some of the best footwork I've ever seen for a 21 year old, many more post moves than Dwight Howard has, but then again, it's quite easy to have more than zero. Coupled with his 13 foot jumpshot, he is a serious threat on the low block.

If you put Turkoglu on Bryant, Kobe will blow past him for a layup or a foul every time.

If you put Pietrus on Gasol, he's just shoot over him every time.

Guest PB&Banana

Andres's been on and off and its understandable every time he's shown that he can play really well or have the best games of his career he gets injuries. It's hard to build up then restart all over again. I just wish he play smarter on defense and like phil said let the offense come to him.

Interesting question...Since it's almost an decade, who is the player of the decade? 2000-2010

Tim Duncan, Shaq, or Kobe Bryant?

I'd say Duncan, he was the leader for the whole decade, and he was consistent and clutch. Kobe was the sidekick to Shaq for a few years before he became the leader of the Lakers and Shaq was only dominant until 2005.

Well here is their biggest accomplishments from 2000-2010:

Duncan

3 championships, 2 finals MVP, and 2 MVP

Shaq

4 championships, 3 finals MVP, and 1 MVP

Kobe

3 championships, 1 MVP, and 2 scoring titles.

Right now I have:

1st: Duncan

2nd: Shaq

3rd: Kobe

If Kobe wins it all this year than I will might put him ahead of Shaq. Maybe not, because Shaq was absolutely a monster.

Next year all 3 players have chances of becoming champions again.

Archived