NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest xsilentangel

-sigh- I guess since Celtics lost, I'm rooting for the Nuggets now.

Me too haha.. I think the Cavaliers will take it in 5.. what about you guys?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CKcrossover

If you've noticed, those Nike puppet commercials make Lebron look like a fool. The first one shows him getting overexcited just to make the playoffs. The second one is bagging on him for never winning a ring.

If you look at it that way it wouldn't be fair to Lebron

Kobe is in his 12th season and Lebron is only in his 5th

the Lebron commercial is more of him bragging about his MVP, not making the playoff

I think they purposely made Lebron overly hyped and Kobe being all calm

is kind of to match how they really are in real life

Congrat to the Magic

I wish they could share some of those 3s with the Rockets lol

Prediction No.2

Game 7 for the Orlando and Cleveland series. I really don't know who's going to win. If you have a Lebron, sky is the limit.

On top of that, the guard match ups is going to be interesting.

Game 6 Lakers will take it.

Guest mofo

its too bad the rockets lost. if they had just one more good big man in addition to a healthy tmac, and yao, who knows how far they can go next season.

lakers vs. nuggets should be a high scoring affair..i know all the rockets fans will be rooting for denver to win :P

Guest derrek

Lakers win and Celtics lose... ahhh, nice day. Can't wait for Nuggets and Lakers to start nowwwwwww!!!

with no draft picks in the upcoming draft, Houston has to make some trades to get that big man. hopefully something does happen though, it's not a dependable team with only one 7 footer.

Guest PB&Banana

Cavaliers will not make it in 5 it will be a much longer series if we take a look at Cavs I mean really take a look their best players are Lebron and Mo. If you take Magic they have Dwight, Rashard, Hedo, and their stacked bench who are much more talented than the Cavs bench.

If Cavaliers can defend well (bench is active) and Lebron is having great nights then they will win but it's a team game, lebron is great but to win a series his team has to shoot lights out too and make sure magic don't because their bench and started can play.

Lakers of course I'm rooting for them I know most aren't. I can see where charles and kenny were getting at. To the teams who work hard like rockets I would be bitter if they won because rockets played hard every single night where as my team were up and down. They say they are undeserving of the champinionship but if teams think that then beat them play harder take away the Lakers chances of a ring and if they lose then that's it they lost you can't change what happens and say well get them next year.

Guest 432521

with no draft picks in the upcoming draft, Houston has to make some trades to get that big man. hopefully something does happen though, it's not a dependable team with only one 7 footer.

What no draft picks how is that even possible? I don't really keep up with the technicalities of the game like the front office stuff I just watch and admire.

I was talking with my friend today and we both agreed that we lost a good hard fought battle so we weren't really disappointed, but the one thing I had to tell him was that we needed to do something with our center position. With Yao getting injured and on the same feet all the time we have make sure we have some backup in that position.

Guest derrek

Well, Deek retired, so you'll definitely bring a new C in for next year.

I have to give props to Battier, and Artest for their amazing defense, Scola for stepping up, and Aaron Brooks for shocking us all! Rockets surprised me. If they trade T-Mac they can bring in some pieces that will make them a MAJOR team.

What no draft picks how is that even possible? I don't really keep up with the technicalities of the game like the front office stuff I just watch and admire.

I was talking with my friend today and we both agreed that we lost a good hard fought battle so we weren't really disappointed, but the one thing I had to tell him was that we needed to do something with our center position. With Yao getting injured and on the same feet all the time we have make sure we have some backup in that position.

they gave away their draft picks to get Scola and Artest. and they also used some picks as trade incentives.

Well, Deek retired, so you'll definitely bring a new C in for next year.

I have to give props to Battier, and Artest for their amazing defense, Scola for stepping up, and Aaron Brooks for shocking us all! Rockets surprised me. If they trade T-Mac they can bring in some pieces that will make them a MAJOR team.

the only way i see them trading T-Mac is if he plays good early in the season (if he is playing) and he'll probably be traded by the AS break, unless Yao goes down again.

No, McGrady still have a year left on his contract. Anyone with a brain will not trade McGrady, he is the biggest offensive threat on the team. Why would Artest leave Houston while having so much success this year? But it's fine if the Rockets want to get rid of Artest, no one will miss him that muvh. And last Yao leaving Houston? No way.

McGrady better be motivated by his team's performance in the playoffs. Next season, he needs to play like his old self. I don't expect him to be as explosive as his Orlando days, but he have to step it up.

Rockets needs to sign a backup center in the offseason though.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Uhh

It's simple really..

- Sign someone to a veteran minimum

- Sign someone to league minimum

- Sign someone to mid-level exception

- Trade future draft picks or current players (the most obvious option)

Artest will re-sign with the Rockets. With the exception of Memphis (no way he'll sign there) and the Kings (he won't go back there obviously) that have the cap room, Houston is the only team that can re-sign him for the most money even though they'll be over the cap because they hold his Bird Rights to do so.

Here's a possible deal, I think their salaries match and both expire the same time:

Ben Wallace + a bag of junk for T-Mac. Cavs becomes stacked and either become the next 72-10 team, or their chemistry gets blown up. Houston gets a big man and a huge defensive presence in Wallace, although he's not the same as before. There's your new center right their. Plus Yao won't get blown past by smaller, finesse big men.

Joey Crawford didn't have any bad calls, either. Or, scratch that: he didn't have any bad calls against the Rockets.

So why can officials conspire/screw upagainst the Lakers but no one else in the league, ala Spurs?

The Raptors failing to make the playoffs and still believing in Chris Bosh is funny, too. I'd rather just lose to one team than all teams.

I swear some retarded Lakers fans believed in Kwame Brown when the Lakers sucked.

Hmm... I'd rather believe in a good player than the biggest bust other. I know how to swallow my pride when it comes to the Raptors. Apparently all you can swallow is more Kobe fluids.

^for that trade to happen another team would likely be involved. and again it'll probably happen near the all star break, before the trade deadline. no way in the world that a team be that stupid to try make a move for T-Mac in the offseason coming off microfracture. and the Rockets would probably have to give up some of their bench players maybe someone like, Lowery and maybe get a pg in return along with the Center.

Guest SurpriseSex

I swear some retarded Lakers fans believed in Kwame Brown when the Lakers sucked.

Hmm... I'd rather believe in a good player than the biggest bust other. I know how to swallow my pride when it comes to the Raptors. Apparently all you can swallow is more Kobe fluids.

I'm pretty everybody hated Kwame Brown right from the start.

The Lakers haven't given us fans much reason to swallow any pride. Winning games does that to you. Guess Raptors fans don't know much about that, huh?

Guest GO!zilla

kwameeeeeeeeeeee brown has huge hands. hes awesome!

he got Lakers PAUUUUUUU GASOL.

anyways, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my celtics lost dammit!

better luck with Garnett healthy next year because we sure cant win without Garnett.

i miss pierce faking injuries this year... he shouldve done that in tonights game... come back 2 mins later and go clutch.

Guest melo.breeze

i really had hoped for the celtics to advance, was hoping for a lakers celtics rematch just to prolong the rivalry for one more year,

hope to see them with a healthy team next year.

as for the upcoming cavs magic, lakers nuggets series, i'll say cavs in 6, this'll be their first real challenge in the playoffs.

i'm rather interested on how they'll play dwight.

and as for lakers nuggets series, it's lakers in 6, or sadly nuggets in 6, i don't see it going into a game 7.

ever since ariza made it as a starter, the only real spark in the lakers bench is odom and frankly that just doesn't cut it,

right now i'll take the nuggets bench over the lakers bench which is why i'm keeping the option of nuggets in 6.

here's how i see it:

Gasol > Martin

Melo > Ariza (Ariza should be able to guard melo well, but melo will still find ways to score)

Nene ? Bynum (yep, that's supposed to be a question mark there, if Bynum comes out flat, I mean, less than 5 points a game on 20+ minutes, then it Nene over Bynum)

Billups > Fisher (fisher should have no problem keeping up with Billups in terms of speed, but Billups is just a machine, total mismatch)

Kobe > Jones or Smith (depending on who'll get more playing time.)

so to me, the starters seem to be pretty even, it'll be decided through the bench most likely if lakers starters bring their A game.

i will fear the Birdman in this series, he's haunted us in the regular season games.

Archived