[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest kriza_09

i actually watched that clip about the accident already, and everyone was really in a not-so-good mood.. i actually got a glimpse of junjin will blood on his head.. and the expressions on the other shinhwa members' faces really :tears:

can you give the link to the vid on youtube??? i'd greatly appreciate it.. ^^

about junjin.. he had the most problems back then... that near-death accident.. but i never thought he had stage fright and hated cameras!!!! i mean, i do notice he became much more quiet after 5th jib... but he still joked around.. although not as crazy as before.. and watching his great performance on stage, who would've thought he had stage fright????

and he was almost half blind, wasn't he.. i think it also has great impact on his personality.. i read this a long time ago (and my memory isn't really credible) that he could only see with 1 eye.. even contact lens couldn't help his other eye.. and he hid it from the members for years!! how could he NOT tell the members about it!!???? he didn't look for treatment, and the members didn't know until he's almost blind... >"< i mean, to hide it so well from the public means he's a professional performer.. but to keep it from the members for years, it means he never complained at all and just endured it himself.. such a man.. :tears: argghh sometimes they make me feel like they're just like common people, always joking around and having fun... but sometimes they make me think they're really not common people at all..

about the missing andy during 4th jib.. someone gave her/his point of view briefly on a video on youtube, which i think is reasonable enough and does not contradict what i have heard and believed so far.. i could write it now, but it would take me about an hour.. (kriza's posts about this kind of stuff are always long!!! right, nutzie?? ^^) and i'm racing with time right now since i haven't studied at all for my midterm which is in less than 16 hours and i just spent 4 hours with shinhwa videos and now my eyes are starting to refuse to be opened.. lol.. so i'm gonna save it for tomorrow..

anway, i don't remember the detail exactly so i'll have to search it on youtube.. i don't remember the exact video on which she posted her comment either.. oh i do remember 1 thing, though.. her comment is not on a 4th jib video or any other video related to andy leaving shinhwa.. it's on some random video, someone brought it up, and she answered it.. so that will make it harder to find.. lol.. but it should be somewhere among THOUSANDS of the shinhwa videos available on youtube.. so yeah.. hopefully i can find it.. wish me luck..

(Edit: i just spent 15 minutes looking for that post......but to no avail.. dang i knew i should've copy paste and save it for future reference.. i'll look for it again tomorrow..)

and i just took half an hour from my limited study time to write this post.. lol..

edit 2: just realized i'm not answering anything and my post is already this long.. lol..

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Somdary

WOW~ I've missed so many pages. I have to backlog for like ALOT! Thank you for those of you who've shared the pictures and news. I've never seen some of them. They look so cute during Eusha Eusha days <33

I just want to welcome to those of you who are newbies in this thread. WELCOME! =D

I came across a few new threads that were posted over at Korean Celebs Pics. I'll just list them out..

All Time Favorite Korean Boyband

All Eyes On Shinhwa

Reminiscing Of Shinhwa

I think that's all.. Please drop by and write some replies ;)

Since we are talking about surgery here, do you guys know who else went under surgery? Honestly, I have nothing against plastic surgery. The main reason which gets me so attracted to Shinhwa is because of their personalities and looks come second :P

I just love SHINHWA for who they are. SHINHWA FOREVER!! <333

Thank you for this. I am doing my best to make the best supportive comments and I will be posting up more SHINHWA pics myself! ^^

ginnie, bandwith exceeded~!! can't view our pics.. :(

i've been saving them all since the day you flood this thread with all their unique pics..

Bandwidth exceeded.............

sigh...this was bound to happen...

I'll need to check which of my photobucket albums are available now...All three of my photobuckets look like they've all exceeded bandwidth.

I will restart contributing pictures after the bandwidth is normal again. Sorry.

-------------------------------

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118551

Did you all see this thread ? It is a poll about fav dbsg and fav shinhwa member.

I am glad to see that Shinhwa members have fair distribution of fans. Share similar percentages. I wish that we could make the percentages the same for all members.

=) Shinhwa Changjo!

Guest kassuma

As promised...

20070226 mnet NoCutStory - Shinhwa MIS Fanmeeting pt2[syoungin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbGenje7SkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPKfHxAFczY

070225 mnet japan ~ Shinhwa - Andys story[Da Capo]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NBsPcW-04U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrQxwwWptBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6jx8ApbqS4

credits: syoungin + Da Capo

Guest battleuphoria

ok so i didn't actually read every single post because i have still a lot of things to do and my eyes are hurting a bit now. hehe

i know they got their first daesangs for brand new but weren't their highest-selling albums their 4th and 5th albums? i remember someone posted at SHCJ.net which of their albums sold the most and least...

it'll probably be dbsg once again because they've been coming out with a new album every year so no doubt they'll come out with one this year too. they'll definitely be big competition (well, they did sweep and win all daesangs last year). i didn't know battle was promoting shinhwa while they performed their songs. to be honest, i dont like it when battle performs shinhwa songs. everyone gets so interested and they're all like "wow, the new shinhwa!" and i dont like to think about shinhwa being replaced by a younger group, especially one that they hand-picked. not that i dont like battle, i just hate it when people compare the two. but battle will also have big competition if they're planning to snag "best new artist". wonder girls is getting a lot of love and popularity after their one single and im sure more groups will come out too.

no the other one was goldfish theatre. he got a lot more airtime in both inkigayo and goldfish compared to what he gets in new xman. so i dont get why hes still on that show.

about the dbsk thing. whether they come out with an album or not, i don't think it'll greatly affect shinhwa as a whole. i mean, yeah, competition, but since shinhwa was under sm and dbsk were trainees when shinhwa was under sm, i think they are good friends somehow. and be it competition or not, both groups have their own personality. they got their own strenghts and weaknesses, and therefore, it's up to the fans to choose who they like better.

i really admit to myself that shinhwa is somewhat reaching the age of 30, and yes, they really do. it's harder for them to gain younger fans because of the age gap. seriously, like when you ask children at ages 11-14, they might always answer dbsk, suju, big bang and battle, the newly formed bands because that is where they grew. they opened their eyes seeing them and knowing them. if you ask me, i liked shinhwa because when i had my eyes on kpop, they were somewhat newly formed, but not SUPER new. got my point? hehe i think it goes with generations.

also, with battle thing. i also admit, that i don't want battle to overtake shinhwa, though i am a battle fan. no, i should rephrase that, this might sound selfish, but this is true for me. NO ONE CAN OVERTAKE SHINHWA. reaching their accomplishments is somewhat impossible already, but for me, never never would there occur a time that someone would surpass shinhwa.

EDIT: As for Battle, some may like them because they're "younger", i like them they're a sweet bunch, but imo if i were to use a metaphor of a ladder and lets say Shinhwa are pretty much half way (because there's always room to go higher ^^) i would say Battle aren't even on the same ladder..........they're still making their one. So although people see them as "young Shinhwa replacers" they'll always be Battle and those who truely like Shinhwa won't replace them with a younger model, because if you're honest to yourself Shinhwa is irreplaceable. They may sing Shinhwa's songs etc but they're still Battle. To me it doesn't really change anything, in my eyes Battle to me, are still young newbies singing "classic" songs, but the feel isn't the same.

they might be younger, and that might cause why they are gaining more popularity at the situation right now. admittedly, people get attracted to younger bands, and through them, learning through kpop, they would eventually trace back to the old days such as shinhwa's, hot's, ses'. shinhwa is irreplaceable, true.

WHOA...

Love reading these responses!!! I'll reply to them after my picture posting frenzy here. I still have older Shinhwa pictures to share but since cherilyn08 requested 8th jib, I will post 8th jib for those fans that didn't get a chance to see them yet.

thanks! hehe but the pictures don't work for me.do you mind reuploading them? and include the group ones too? thanks!

So we know for sure that annyoung.com counts towards sales??? 110% confirmed?

:) I was slightly caught off-guard by your statement. It is cool now.

220% sure. haha that's what majority says, and they purchase from annyoung.com.

Gosh. I hate it whenever I post up Shinhwa pictures on the Photos Section of Soompi, no one even bothers to leave comments. This Soompi forum is getting to become more of a DBSG forum, isn't it? :sweatingbullets:

It's like I shouldn't even bother to leave pictures. :unsure:

i hate that fact too. no offense, but i don't really like dbsk as a whole. i mean, not hate them, but i like super junior better. NO OFFENSE.

for sure eric has one.. it's park shi yeon [the tennis player in "my girl].. the others we're not sure..

they are still together? wow! i am so happy!!!

Wow I got drowned in all those wonderful collection of Shinhwa photos. Thanks for sharing them.

I received an sms message from a friend last Saturday that Shinhwa was the featured artist in Star 1, a show of cable channel Arirang. Anybody saw it? I was told it was a two part feature (Sat & Sun) and focused on their friendship.

i got the chance to watch it. and that's the reason why i came back to this thread. :)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118551

Did you all see this thread ? It is a poll about fav dbsg and fav shinhwa member.

I am glad to see that Shinhwa members have fair distribution of fans. Share similar percentages. I wish that we could make the percentages the same for all members.

=) Shinhwa Changjo!

^ Haha...ditto. Though Minu is my favorite, but Andy's not that far behind (I'm not sabotaging the poll :phew: ) so I voted for the dear boy :) Reading the comments....seems like Minu was the person that got ppl into kpop in the first place lolz ShinHwa power

=) I voted really early in the poll when some were still at zero votes. At that point, I didn't notice the % but am pleasantly surprised to see that our boys % do not have this huge gap amongst members when I went back to check on the results. The other group's votes kind of swing towards particular members and the % difference is noticeable.

EDIT:

Amy--When I first saw Shinhwa...the first person that caught my attention was Minu.

Guest samshiku

hi everyone!!!^^

im BACK from my holiday haha

i bought the dongwan theatre-drama thing there! i was quite shocked when i saw the vcd box..and it was soo cheap...mind u it was an original...

and i haven had time to see the rest of the older pgs but the minwoo pics on this thread is HOT :D

Guest samshiku

Dongwan Diary Post 27/3

----------------------------------------------

It's Oppa! (2007-02-27 23:22:52)

[Dongwan]Ha Ha Ha

telling me to stay away from my fans?~~

i depend on them to survive

isn't that obvious!...^^

-----------------------------------------

Source: Goodemg

Trans: cherry@bestshinhwa[kor-chi trans]+me[eng trans]^^

BACKGROUND![TAKEN FROM SHINHWACHANGJO.NET by beck77]

Brief summary on why Dongwan wrote this. On the 27th of Feb, an article by Star News stated that Seven & Dongwan should be “stay away” from fans. Stating that over the years, a lot of singers become actor too. Coz of them being popular as singer, even though they are not really good in acting, there is a group of fans that will support them due to love for the singer from before. So they should “stay away” from fans coz they did not get support from the overall audience but support from their fans only. This will have adverse effect on the singer coz they may feel that they are doing well in acting but in reality, they are not that good.

Guest angelix

[HQ] 20070225 Shinhwa's State Of The Art Full Concert In Shanghai On Dragon TV

f_20070225Shim_7b8b5aa.jpg

^ anyone remember 2 fans hugged minwoo and junjin on stage (saw pictures of shanghai's state of the art tour concert last time with those fans in it -_-)? yep, that's one of them (tsk tsk how bad -_-) and lol the chinese fans behind me screamed so madly at them and started cursing in chinese o_O;; i had to cover my ears from all those screaming during the concert *_*!

CLICK to d/l ---> http://www.s-shinhwasarang.net/forum/index.php?topic=840.0

Credits : angelix @ http://s-shinhwasarang.net/forum

Dongwan Diary Post 27/3

[Dongwan]Ha Ha Ha

isn't that obvious!...^^

Brief summary on why Dongwan wrote this. On the 27th of Feb, an article by Star News stated that Seven & Dongwan should be “stay away” from fans. Stating that over the years, a lot of singers become actor too. Coz of them being popular as singer, even though they are not really good in acting, there is a group of fans that will support them due to love for the singer from before. So they should “stay away” from fans coz they did not get support from the overall audience but support from their fans only. This will have adverse effect on the singer coz they may feel that they are doing well in acting but in reality, they are not that good.

AWww..that is so mean of the news. I haven't read it yet. Which reporter is this? Need to blacklist this reporter.

They should just try their talent at singing a ballad beautifully and acting tough scenes. If they can do this half as well as Dongwan or Seven, then they can qualify themselves for a belittling report like this.

The Korean media really need to be more supportive of their entertainers...Rather than push them away when they venture new activities...

Guest samshiku

AHH i just came across these caps from the recent epi of dongwan's drama i think..

POINT IS: MY HEART BROKE! T.T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5% audience, poisoned by 'bad guy' Kim Dongwan

2007022710561767905a56fpi1.jpg

The audience has fallen in love with the man who abandoned his wife and kids for success, who chose the CEO's daughter 'bad guy' Kim Dongwan.

SBS drama 'Person I Love', due to the major competition of MBC's 'Jumong', has averaged a 5% in ratings, and so the drama is now scheduled to end early. but becos of 'bad guy' Kim dongwan the loyal audiences of the drama has followed the ups-and-downs of the character, crying and laughing along with him.

Kim Dongwan who plays character Suk Ju, has portrayed the role of a man torn between his thirst for success and love very well. Suk Ju is an unfortunate person who was orphaned as a kid and led a difficult life, when he met seo young who loves him unconditionally, he became a very happy man. but no matter how hard he works its useless, a disillusioned Suk Ju thus, with tears in his eyes, decides to abandon Seo Young and marry the CEO's daughter.

Although the audience hate his decision, they understand his reluctance and stand, thus expressed their sympathy. they hope that Suk Ju will return to his wife but even they think its unlikely. Seeing Suk Ju smiling yet with bitter tears running down his cheeks broke our hearts.

the 11th episode tt was aired on the 26th, Suk Ju marries Jungmin with an absolutely blank expression, he looks like a man without an ounce of happiness. especially when he became very agitated when he sees Seo Young, it is obvious that he still loves her but is only trying to hide it. In order to get approval from Jungmin's parents, Suk Ju had to declare that he does not love seo young any longer.

the audience has not stopped crying for Suk Ju ever since he started to have an internal conflict over his love for Seoyoung and Jungmin despite the fact the he has nv made any promises, they are unable to hate him as they get sucked deeper into the plot. Also, though we know that Suk Ju cannot return to Seo Young, we still feel immense pity and sorrow for Seo Young.

even though we hate the 'bad guy' Suk Ju, on another level we feel very sad for this leading character in a most tragic story. we are also very much intrigued and mesmerized by the meticulous and great acting by Kim Dongwan of Suk Ju.

according to TNS Media Korea, the viewership rating for epi 11 was 5.4%.

Source: Newsen

Trans: bestshinhwa[ko-chi]+me^^

PLS TAKE OUT WITH PROPER CREDITS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and oh my the japanese fans has created a RICJIN baby

and this is how he looks like[grown up]-->Click Me

not really my taste but he looks..beautiful?

Guest samshiku

im back with PICTURES!!

Min-Dy!!!

snap1924484qu9.jpg

snap29245cdxu4.jpg

snap3924659uq0.jpg

snap59246e6pf7.jpg

snap6924763bi8.jpg

snap79247ffsv4.jpg

snap892487cbu0.jpg

snap9924909kb9.jpg

snap10924986wn3.jpg

snap12924a12ey5.jpg

snap13924a8fza1.jpg

snap15924b89ut8.jpg

snap16924c93cl5.jpg

snap17924d20wk1.jpg

snap18924dacje0.jpg

snap19924e39td7.jpg

snap20924eb6ci6.jpg

snap21924f42ui5.jpg

snap22924fbftw1.jpg

snap2392503cmr6.jpg

snap249250e8ld3.jpg

snap259251a4lh5.jpg

snap2692528erl3.jpg

snap2792530bcp1.jpg

snap28925388ky9.jpg

snap29925405ud5.jpg

snap30925473fp7.jpg

snap319254f0bn1.jpg

snap3292556doi6.jpg

credits: bestshinhwa

TMR I"LL BE POSTING MINWOO's 100+ pics collection of his time as a radio DJ^^

pls go the pic thread tmr!

Shinhwa Pics & Gifs!

and to all who have been supporting the pic thread thank u!! we have hit the 18th pg mark^^

i really admit to myself that shinhwa is somewhat reaching the age of 30, and yes, they really do. it's harder for them to gain younger fans because of the age gap. seriously, like when you ask children at ages 11-14, they might always answer dbsk, suju, big bang and battle, the newly formed bands because that is where they grew. they opened their eyes seeing them and knowing them. if you ask me, i liked shinhwa because when i had my eyes on kpop, they were somewhat newly formed, but not SUPER new. got my point? hehe i think it goes with generations.

Yeap. Got your point. :lol:

More importantly, I think Shinhwa has managed to widen the age group that they appeal to. So, in essence they now attract people in their teens, twenties, thirties, fourties and fifties. I wouldn't be surprised if there are fans in their sixties either. The teeny booper groups that you mentioned attract mostly teens (hence the name of their genre). As Shinhwa adjust its fan base based on age group, I still think Shinhwa has a net gain of fans.

Plus, I'd rather that Shinhwa take in more people with buying power and more loyalty to the group Shinhwa than teeny booper fans that jump on the next bandwagon way too easily. There is always some other group that is younger and newer.

thanks! hehe but the pictures don't work for me.do you mind reuploading them? and include the group ones too? thanks!

hmm..you should check them out earlier! :P

I will upload the 8th jib photos for you. They will be in the same posts so you gotta go back a couple pages to find them.

220% sure. haha that's what majority says, and they purchase from annyoung.com.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Guest sunnydays.

riz - i think the scar that dongwan had [i think i read this somewhere] was caused by some fights or something.. and the thing that happened with andy, there was a lot of controversy over this.. and whatever i said after this shouldn't be taken as the truth, rather, it's all rumours that i've heard or read before.. there was the story of andy going back to the US to finish his studies, his parents wanted him to finish high school, and andy being abused by SM.. i repeat, i don't know if any of these is the truth, but these are what i've heard..

regarding junjin's personality, i don't think it was caused by andy leaving during 4th album.. his change in personality was because of the accident [when was it?] where he hit his head and had to go to the hospital.. i've posted the video clip from youtube twice, but if you haven't seen it, i can look it up for you again [just tell me..] and that's why he's more reserved i guess.. because he used to be so crazy and daring, and because of the accident, i think he thinks twice before doing anything crazy and life threatening..

Yeah, I've heard that SM abused some of their artists back then... but yeah, not sure if that's true. x__x; I bet it must've been so hard on Andy, having to go away from Shinhwa to continue his studies. Man, if I were him, I'd die... I mean, who'd wanna do schoolwork instead of dancing & singing in front of millions of people. ^^; Geez, Dongwan, fighting! O__O... actually, I can imagine that. Not now, but I guess when he was younger... Btw natz, would you consider Shinhwa best friends? I mean, I guess they're all more like "brothers"... but, I mean, I've never actually heard any of them really talk verbally about their closeness with each other. But, you can DEFINATELY see it through their actions. & Actions speak louder than words. (: <3

Oh yeah, the accident! I heard about that too... near-death experience... mann =\ Yeah, I can totally understand why he'd be more reserved after that. Oh, & if it's not too much of a hassle, I would like to see the video, please. (: Thanks Natz<3

i actually watched that clip about the accident already, and everyone was really in a not-so-good mood.. i actually got a glimpse of junjin will blood on his head.. and the expressions on the other shinhwa members' faces really :tears:

have you seen pictures of dongwan's mom, and when you look at her nose and dongwan's nose ..they look pretty much the same, which i think was weird..(or maybe because it was just a great surgery).. bt who cres anyways.. his personality always, always shines brighter than his physical appearance

O__O OMGGG. That's crazy... yeahh... I'm so glad JunJin got through it though. (: Hehe, YEAHH! Dongwan's personality is amazing. :D

hey... about eric's album... surely the contents will be rap right?? or will he sing?? in anyways i still want to hear it...

by the way im labingtatlo's or krizza's younger sister... she's my unni... and she ask me to tell you this...

my sister is in bed sick after they had their fieldtrip in Baguio... her foot hurts after they had just climed a mountain... her foot is now swollen... its kinda big actually... so she couldn't post right now... she says she would be missing a lot but well ... she couldn't walk far!!!

Awww... hi Krizza's sister. (: How are you? Well, based on what Eric has been doing for the past 9 years, we are expecting Eric's album to be rapping or atleast have a Hip Hop concept... but we never know. (: Haha yeahh, I wanna hear him sing too, his voice is soo deepy & soothing & sexxy. (; LOL

Please send your regards to krizza for me. =( I'm sorry she got sick... & I hope she feels better! haha, Baguio, huh? That's where my relatives live. (: Ingat kayo! <3

dongwan got the scar thingy when he was younhger. a knife fight ROFL =D

but yeah i agree with you! as long as dongwan is true to himself then im fine with it

and dongwan admitted to it too.

hes not ashamed of his choices. i mean personally, if somebody really has that low self-esteema nd wahts to do plastic surgery, then why stop them? i mean sure they wont be 'natural' but as long as they're happy right? i dont like my nose. LOL

O_____O KNIFE FIGHT! Wow... who knew Dongwan was so violent o__O;; LMAO. Typing out that sentence reminds me of that one GIF i've seen where Dongwan hits Andy. Aww, poor Andy, he gets so abused. XD; & He can't hit back because he's the youngest... gotta be respectful to his hyungs... aww<3 Haha ~~ Yeah, Dongwan is great no matter what. (: ... you don't like your nose? Are you going to get plastic surgery too? O_____O;;

can you give the link to the vid on youtube??? i'd greatly appreciate it.. ^^

about junjin.. he had the most problems back then... that near-death accident.. but i never thought he had stage fright and hated cameras!!!! i mean, i do notice he became much more quiet after 5th jib... but he still joked around.. although not as crazy as before.. and watching his great performance on stage, who would've thought he had stage fright????

and he was almost half blind, wasn't he.. i think it also has great impact on his personality.. i read this a long time ago (and my memory isn't really credible) that he could only see with 1 eye.. even contact lens couldn't help his other eye.. and he hid it from the members for years!! how could he NOT tell the members about it!!???? he didn't look for treatment, and the members didn't know until he's almost blind... >"< i mean, to hide it so well from the public means he's a professional performer.. but to keep it from the members for years, it means he never complained at all and just endured it himself.. such a man.. :tears: argghh sometimes they make me feel like they're just like common people, always joking around and having fun... but sometimes they make me think they're really not common people at all..

about the missing andy during 4th jib.. someone gave her/his point of view briefly on a video on youtube, which i think is reasonable enough and does not contradict what i have heard and believed so far.. i could write it now, but it would take me about an hour.. (kriza's posts about this kind of stuff are always long!!! right, nutzie?? ^^) and i'm racing with time right now since i haven't studied at all for my midterm which is in less than 16 hours and i just spent 4 hours with shinhwa videos and now my eyes are starting to refuse to be opened.. lol.. so i'm gonna save it for tomorrow..

anway, i don't remember the detail exactly so i'll have to search it on youtube.. i don't remember the exact video on which she posted her comment either.. oh i do remember 1 thing, though.. her comment is not on a 4th jib video or any other video related to andy leaving shinhwa.. it's on some random video, someone brought it up, and she answered it.. so that will make it harder to find.. lol.. but it should be somewhere among THOUSANDS of the shinhwa videos available on youtube.. so yeah.. hopefully i can find it.. wish me luck..

(Edit: i just spent 15 minutes looking for that post......but to no avail.. dang i knew i should've copy paste and save it for future reference.. i'll look for it again tomorrow..)

and i just took half an hour from my limited study time to write this post.. lol..

edit 2: just realized i'm not answering anything and my post is already this long.. lol..

Yeah, JunJin had stage fright... I watched this youtube video where the Shinhwa members "look back" or something, & JunJin mentioned something about having stage fright... they also mentioned in there how Andy had to go away for the 4th jib & how it affected him & the Shinhwa members. I kinda miss JunJin's joking around though, I watch the really old videos of them, & he's just plain CRAZY, but he's hilarious... but I still love him. (: & yeah, he still jokes around. I'm just glad that he's alright~~ He was also ALMOST BLIND? OMG O__O Poor JunJin... gosh... =\ I think he's too considerate... trying not to make the Shinhwa members worry because of his blindness... & also, just recently, when he collapsed because of overworking... x__x;

Thanks Kriza for your post. (: Good luck on your midterm, hope you do awesome!<3

about the dbsk thing. whether they come out with an album or not, i don't think it'll greatly affect shinhwa as a whole. i mean, yeah, competition, but since shinhwa was under sm and dbsk were trainees when shinhwa was under sm, i think they are good friends somehow. and be it competition or not, both groups have their own personality. they got their own strenghts and weaknesses, and therefore, it's up to the fans to choose who they like better.

also, with battle thing. i also admit, that i don't want battle to overtake shinhwa, though i am a battle fan. no, i should rephrase that, this might sound selfish, but this is true for me. NO ONE CAN OVERTAKE SHINHWA. reaching their accomplishments is somewhat impossible already, but for me, never never would there occur a time that someone would surpass shinhwa.

they might be younger, and that might cause why they are gaining more popularity at the situation right now. admittedly, people get attracted to younger bands, and through them, learning through kpop, they would eventually trace back to the old days such as shinhwa's, hot's, ses'. shinhwa is irreplaceable, true.

Definately agree with you. Shinhwa & DBSK are on good terms as far as I can see -- i've seen pictures of them together, & apparently the DBSK members are polite towards the older artists (I ferget what the correct term for that is). I agree that both groups have their own personality, & that they're not even on the same level in terms of accomplishments & their pathways in the music business in general, but there's still always that rivalry. I think it's not so much between the groups themselves, but the fans... notice how some extreme Shinhwa fans hate DBSK, & vice verca.

I also agree with you about the generation thing. Yeah, the newer, younger bands/artists are gaining more & more fans because they are young & teenagers & the younger population can relate to them more... & I guess they're more 'comfortable' with them, & yeah, like what you said, that's what they grew up with. But I mean, nowadays, Shinhwa is still around... they're still quite popular. But then again, they're more focused on individual activities & other branches of the entertainment industry, not just music. But, I think Shinhwa has fans & can still get many fans from ALL ages. They don't necessarily have that boyish, boyband-look that a lot of older adults are weary of, but also they're not too old for younger adults & teenagers to like them as well. & if they continue with their music & especially their acting for the next handful of years, they'll gain even more support. It is sad though, to see Shinhwa lose some of their younger fans, because they all go to the newer, younger artists. But... we shall keep supporting them to the end. (: & we'll make our own children listen them & adore them. 8D puahahaharrr

Actually, I like that Battle is performing some Shinhwa songs... I mean, we all know that they're Shinhwa songs anyway. & it's good advertisement to the younger crowd who prefers the newer, younger groups/artists. & from what I percieve, Battle is still in the shadow of Shinhwa, & they still have a long way to go until they make their own "legacy" for themselves. Besides, I think it's a given that Shinhwa will NEVER be replaced. & I definately agree with you that the accomplishments of Shinhwa are INCREDIBLY unbelieving & definately hard to surpass.

Dongwan Diary Post 27/3

[Dongwan]Ha Ha Ha

isn't that obvious!...^^

Awww, Dongwan... I wanna hug him right now ~

He's so adorable, taking this all lightly (I hope he is & not beating himself up secretly x__x oh no)...

& I LOOVE his diary entry.

He's so dedicated to his fans. I love him so. <3

He's so cute. (: Seriously, looove the way he wrote this entry... haha~~

"I depend on them to survive"

<3 That will make SO many people happy =D

& WE DEPEND ON YOU, DONGWANNNN

He's so strong. I love it. <3 Fighting, Dongwannie!

& as for the Star News or whatever...

who the hell are they for trying to tell se7en & Dongwan to stay away from their own fans. whatta bunch of jaklwe;jrkasl;erjkasl;er *cough* <-- that's my censor u__U;;

Yeap. Got your point. :lol:

More importantly, I think Shinhwa has managed to widen the age group that they appeal to. So, in essence they now attract people in their teens, twenties, thirties, fourties and fifties. I wouldn't be surprised if there are fans in their sixties either. The teeny booper groups that you mentioned attract mostly teens (hence the name of their genre). As Shinhwa adjust its fan base based on age group, I still think Shinhwa has a net gain of fans.

Plus, I'd rather that Shinhwa take in more people with buying power and more loyalty to the group Shinhwa than teeny booper fans that jump on the next bandwagon way too easily. There is always some other group that is younger and newer.

hmm..you should check them out earlier! :P

I will upload the 8th jib photos for you. They will be in the same posts so you gotta go back a couple pages to find them.

Thanks for the confirmation.

DEFINATELY agree with you. (:

Samshiku, OMGG MINBONG & DONGWAN! Haha, he's wiping his face for him, that's so adorable. (: LOL Andy looks lost... haha, whatta cutie :D <3

Angelix, thanks for all the news & everything. >w<; <3

[2004 Magazine Translation]

Eric, attached with wings.

1172410355703y_y3997b3b_b.jpg

1172410355750s_a9056g8g_b.jpg

1172410355968c_y2439l6g_b.jpg

Eric, attached with wings

When idol singer Eric, appeared on the screens as an actor, people did not see him in a friendly light. Perhaps, (they) predicted that he did not have all that it takes to venture down his acting path successfully. Right now, when these people saw his second acting work in "Firebird", they are instead left with a short but deep exclamation.

[Eric likes to fish. No matter if it is deep in the night or early in the wee hours, he would still drive to the outskirts of the cities. After he lets his fishing rod into the misty river, what he waits for is not those fishes caught, but the moments of deep thoughts that he derives from mother nature. Emptying his emotions with no hesitation and filling in with new inspirations as rewards, he does not regret even if he was to return empty-handed.]

Just like what Eric thought, he is not the kind that would be good at creating a lively atmosphere or one who could preach at others. However, even like this, he still has the ability to attract attention.

Although he is not as perfect as the molded sculpture, but he has a trained body and clearly distinctive facial features. There are many artists with much more exceptional singing talent and brilliant dancing skills relative to him. Besides, just as Eric admitted, he has only just begun to sharpen his acting skills and it is still unnatural and inadequate. But, it is just these inperfections that had become the reasons for liking Eric. In Shinhwa, he is the most quiet and shy, at the same time he is also frank, warm, simple and honorable. Writing beautiful lyrics in the spur of the moment, not actively starting a conversation, he does not reject the idea of having some bodily contact. Touched by his shy smiles but when he sat alone in a corner, staring blankly as if completely immersed in his own thoughts, he managed to arouse others' curiosity. When he was concentrating on a certain matter, his intense gaze creates a burden on others and leaves a lasting impression. This was Eric whom we saw on the site of Firebird's filming.

The filming was ongoing at Cheil Industries Inc.'s apparel brand 9th exhibition room. Early morning at 10, Eric arrived at the filming site earlier than scheduled. He was early to observe colleagues/actors' performances and was playing around as well as chatting with Lee Seo Jin. He seemed at ease. In the afternoon, the film crew had some recess time. In the mix of the crowd, when three-four people adjoined at each table and were drinking coffee, we did not see Eric. A staff asked why Eric was not around. The manager replied that he was rehearsing his script in the car. --(He) does not have many lines why is he still reading his script-- just because of a certain person's joking comment, it created a roar of laughter that soothed the exhaustion in the production team who had been constantly working. "Right now, the most inadequate is myself. Eventhough I am not able to say that I will present the best acting skills, but I will work hard." This was Eric's message on the series' online bulletin board. He was quietly fulfilling his commitment to the viewers. When filming started again, Eric returned to the set. A prop-coordinator handed a mp3 player to Eric as his prop and explained to him how to work the player. Just when the director commanded to start rolling, Eric's one question "Nuna (this is what a younger person would call a lady who is senior in age in Korea), why didn't the music start playing?" tickled Director Wu JingHao immensely. "I like Eric's voice. Look at his innocent expression, he still is a youth, isn't he?" But, the person he was referring to, Eric,didn't seem to mind.

To complete production of the to be released Shinhwa's seventh album, Eric did not have leisure time after he returned home from work. The album contains his own work, and thus he was still battling with music at that time. One of the things that he anticipates the most this year is the release of Shinhwa's seventh album. Eric is currently on the crossroad of pursuing "singer" and "actor" paths. If he is already the younger generation's role model as a Shinhwa member, therefore, as the actor, he is returning to us as the Cassanova.

[During our initial meeting with Eric, (he) greeted us warmly, which was different from the cold first impression. Felt a sense of warmth from Eric. He mentioned that Kim Dong Wan, who is a Shinhwa member as well as his senior in acting, helped him a lot through careful monitoring; The "Firebird" production crew was becoming weak due to the hectic filming march. With the exception of Eric. To practice his performance, Eric demonstrated his passion by showing up two hours earlier at the film site..........]

Korean to Chinese translation:小冰 @allric.net+fallineric

Chinese to English translation: ginnie@allric.net

Please credit in full when transfering.

Archived