[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

replies replies replies!!!!!

i have been watching some dbsk vids

i was really curious why everybody is so gaga over these five boys. i mean, i used to really hate them cause the fans of dbsk are always anti-ing shinhwa and stuff like that. but then i decided to be mature and listen to their songs. it won't hurt, right?

well, dbsk's specialty is ballads. they harmonize really good.

but when they sing fast song...

no thanks.

their dancing is really good too... but... it is only when they have it all practiced out. and not some random moves like minwoo's.

they ca sing good ballads live... really good. but when they sing fast tracks live,

again, no thanks. *watches perfs of your man, live*

they are actually funny and can be entertaining but they aren't that waaa!!!! like shinhwa. there are awkward gaps between some statements and well... they'll grow up.

what i just find really entertaining is the JAEHO and the YOOSU! haha... these two couples are just way too obvious. :P

yeah i like dbsg too but SHINHWA WAS WILL AND ALWAYS BE MY FIRST LOVE haha

my friends who are nt into shinhwa adore their professionalism

like during interviews they are so natural, fast reaction and all. tt's attributed to 8 yrs in the business

dbsg on the otherhand, their interview sometimes sounded really rehearsed and stiff

and dbsg live perf for fast tracks is barely there imo

i watch rising sun on music core last yr, gosh, they were (kinda)gasping for air and had a pretty hard time it seemed to me. and it was rumoured tt their m'sia concert, most of the fast tracks were lip-synched. well well well

ANW, i know wannie grew up in a single family. like his mum raised him up single handedly.

unfortuntely i've nt seen his pic w his mum before and im pretty curious.

i've seen minbong and his family pic

eric and his family

sungie w his mummy

junjin and his famous dad

andy and his family (when he was a little boy)

but nv seen wannie and his mum's pic before. anyone has it care to post?? :D

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ai..believe me andy is taller than wannie! He was i think 1-1 and half inch taller than wannie. Eventhough he was just wearing his sleepers when i saw him he is definitely talle than his dongwan hyung!

im glad it is.. heheh.. thanks for confirming it, chinggu.. :D

those Pusan pics are really hot.. and i like his jacket.. :blush:

HAPPY 600th PAGE~!!

more 600 pages to come~!!!! ^_^

Guest poloblue

replies replies replies!!!!!

MINWOO

.............i love how he flaunts it and doesn't care about the world... i love how he said that when he does it, he thinks of how the many others out there will be inspired to work out by him..........

yes, minwoo hyung motivates me to work out. gosh, i want a stomach like him and i just baked custard fruit tarts. arghhhhhhh.

Aren't you suppose to be studying???? <_< Shame on you! LOL! Couldn't help but to peek in??? LOL!

Much as I love to be young again, I don't envy you guys when it comes to studying! LOL!

my first exam isn't until november 9th (the day before my bday). from then until now, i'll still pop in, when my parents don't catch me but i won't be able to post long posts like the other regular posters!!!

baking me some fruit tarts? hehe. i know.. don't send them over... hehe. joke joke.

well...

since wannie and sungie will be celbrating their bday soon.. i'm going to contact everyone registered on the project orange forum for a major wansyung treat here on soompi. hahahaahhahahah!!!!!!

maybe i can bake wannie and sungie custard fruit tarts for their birthday, lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LABINGTATLO!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was bored, I read some of the posts in dbsg and there had heated discussion about lipsynching. Someone asked why singers lipsynch when they have the ability to sing live and I guess dbsg lipsynched and they jumped all over her defending why dbsg lipsynched. When singers do fast dance songs, it's hard for them to sing and dance at the same time so they were talking about that and she used Se7en as example how he dances and sing live so why couldn't others? Anyway, I don't care whether Shinhwa lipsynch or not, as long as I get to see them I'm happy although I do prefer them to sing live. :P

Oh yeah, I did listen to some songs of dbsg and it was okay but did not go crazy like Shinhwa's music. However, I did find them really cute in variety shows especially in the X-man when whey were doing the "Of Course" game. It was funny because nothing they said really made sense to have answer "of course"! Things they said was so random! LOL! They did seem funny and I like comedy! LOL!

As for Shinhwa's mothers, there is at least couple of clips they filmed Shinhwa's mothers talking about their sons. The only one who was missing in these clips was Eric's mom since she was in US at that time and I think one of them both Andy and Eric moms were missing.

I have to rewatch to remember what they all said was but I remember I liked Dongwan's mom the best. She made the best impression on me. As mentioned, Dongwan was raised by his mother only and in one clip, his mother talked about how Dongwan, when he was in grade school, came home one day and he had gotten into fight. She asked what happend and I guess the other boy teased him because he had "no father" and Dongwan beat him up. And Dongwan's mother's reaction was "Good for you"! I really admire her for that. I think typically, mothers will not want their kids fighting and getting in trouble so they would scole their own son rather than complimenting him. I think Dongwan's mother is now re-married and doesn't Dongwan have younger sibliing?

I don't know if you guys are aware but Korean Mother-in-Law is has reputation of being a B_____ tot heir daughter-in-law!!! I'm sure not all of them are B______ BUT traditionally it's known in Korea. (My friends always teases me because I'll be Korean mother-in-law someday and how I'm going to be mean to her! LOL! Hey, as long as she is Shinhwa's fan, I'll love her! In fact I told my son if he wants happy life, he better get me daughter-in-law who likes Shinhwa! LOL!) I guess Korean mothers gets really possesive about their sons and get jealous because their son's attention will be shifted to their girlfriend/wife.

And this is just my opinion so don't get mad if you are Minwoo's and JJ's fan but I remember thinking I wouldn't want Minwoo's mom or Junjin's dad for in-laws. Minwoo's mom gave me impression she is quite strong in personality,k outspoken and usually person like that will interfere in their son's life. With JJ, because his father is a singer and has very outgoing personality, I can also see him interfering in his son's life. JJ's step-mom (she is his step-mom right?) also had more of a outspoken personality.

"Mommie" Alice

P.S. Sorry but I don't know how to get pictures out of the clips...someone tried to teach me but I still didn't understand.

yeah i like dbsg too but SHINHWA WAS WILL AND ALWAYS BE MY FIRST LOVE haha

i watch rising sun on music core last yr, gosh, they were (kinda)gasping for air and had a pretty hard time it seemed to me. and it was rumoured tt their m'sia concert, most of the fast tracks were lip-synched. well well well

ANW, i know wannie grew up in a single family. like his mum raised him up single handedly.

unfortuntely i've nt seen his pic w his mum before and im pretty curious.

i've seen minbong and his family pic

eric and his family

sungie w his mummy

junjin and his famous dad

andy and his family (when he was a little boy)

but nv seen wannie and his mum's pic before. anyone has it care to post?? :D

I'm not at home so I can't view CB but doesn't each of the Parts have episodes that started with 1? Is episodes 13-19 in Parts 1? Thanks.

Episodes 13-19 and Last story parts 1-5.

Hmmm....I'll be uploading for chibimarukochan as well...

As long as you don't mind pretty low quality (except for episode 14 ^^), I'll be posting the links soon...

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LABINGTALO! My birthday is on the 13th too but in April.

If you bake custard fruit tarts, are you going to share with us? At least take picture and post it so we can see how it looks! LOL!

How did you learn to bake? My son took cooking class but the only time he cooked was it was for the assignment and that was it...he never cooked again!

maybe i can bake wannie and sungie custard fruit tarts for their birthday, lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LABINGTATLO!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest poloblue

If you bake custard fruit tarts, are you going to share with us? At least take picture and post it so we can see how it looks! LOL!

How did you learn to bake? My son took cooking class but the only time he cooked was it was for the assignment and that was it...he never cooked again!

don't u wish u had a son like me? knows how to bake and loves shinhwa!

i learnt to bake by experimenting and just following recipes. i learn from the 'food' thread here on soompi too. i can't post a pic cos my uncle borrowed my camera, next time, ok mom????? lol

don't u wish u had a son like me? knows how to bake and loves shinhwa!

i learnt to bake by experimenting and just following recipes. i learn from the 'food' thread here on soompi too. i can't post a pic cos my uncle borrowed my camera, next time, ok mom????? lol

must be because of ayu too right?? hahahaha.. i would love to bake, but nobody eats it in my family.. or rather, i would be the one eating the most ^^" not good.. that's why i don't bake much..

dv, you should bake some cookies and send it to korea for shinhwa members.. since they're so busy and stuff, they don't get to eat nice food.. =P

mommie alice, where did you get the clips with all the shinhwa mommies on?? i want to watch it too!!!

Guest sunnydays.

gaxlod - thanks so much for the picture of Eric sleeping a few pages back. :D Haha, that delinquent. (; LOL ~ he's soo adorable. <3

miss':bella - OMG. *drools* when i scrolled down i was like, BAM OMG DONGWAN<33 He's sooo gorgeous. :D I love those pictures. SO ADORABLE. >w<;; thank you so much!! And also thanks for the pictures of him a few pages back. Ahh, he's so handsome. I've totally fallen for him. LOLOL. (;

mommy alice - thank you for sharing that information about Shinhwa's moms... I've always wondered what the guys' families would be like. (: Dongwan's mom seems so cool. hehe ~

labingtatlo - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIZZA!! 17 ka na, eh? (: don't you feel old? LOL jk. :D I hope you had an awesome birthday (because there in the Philippines your birthday already passed, right?). <3 blowout mo kami!! haha jk. ^^;

Hehehe, and about Eric's "personality" thing - I agree with Crystalis. (: Eric doesn't seem arrogant to me at all... I seriously do think he is grateful for all he has and is truly humble. He is always so polite and shy towards the camera, during interviews and stuff, and that's just how he is. I mean, how many of us here are extra polite and extra shy towards people we don't really know? I know I am. I just think it makes a nice impression, and that's how I am... for those who are really close to me, they know i'm really actually crazy and weird. :P And sure, maybe that's "two-faced"... but, it's not a bad thing. Some people are just naturally shy and quiet towards people they don't know and maybe aren't comfortable with. The media definately creates biases and different impressions on celebrities, some that may even be false, but that's what they do. That's how it's always been. LOL yes, I am a huge Eric fan, and ofcourse I'm biased in a way, but there is reasonable explanation behind my defense for him, because I can connect to it personally, and I know MANY others can too. 8D

*cough* alright. i've said enough. Happy 600, guys. :D gosh, I'm soo in "Dongwan-mode" right now. haha XP Randomly, in class, during tests, Dongwan would just pop into my head. (: and then I'd start smiling. hahaha ~

When I go home, I'll look it up for you.

Can you access CB? If so I can give you the link (I have to search for it first), if not I have to upload to a link.

One thing I don't like about Korean music soompi is I can't share links here.

"Mommie" Alice

P.S. Can you PM me to remind me?

P.S.S. QUESTION: Those of you who bought the original Winter Story (I have to download from shinhwasarang because I couldn't find the original)...anyway, in the lyric book, did it have English translations of their conversation? Some of us (I think in Hyesung's forum or is it here?? - I really need to get memory pills - do they make them?) was talking about Winter Story album and how funny members were in their conversation and someone said she didn't understand so I'm thinking of summarizing or translating part of it and I don't want to waste my time if there's already translations out there.)

Could some let me know if there is English translation in the lyric book or else where?

Thank you.

mommie alice, where did you get the clips with all the shinhwa mommies on?? i want to watch it too!!!

sorry mommie, i can't use clubbox.. it won't load in my computer ^^"

i'll pm you later tonight if i can remember, cos i believe you're still at work right? i have a day off~ what a bliss what a bliss~ *dances around*

P.S. Sorry but I don't know how to get pictures out of the clips...someone tried to teach me but I still didn't understand.

I'm not at home so I can't view CB but doesn't each of the Parts have episodes that started with 1? Is episodes 13-19 in Parts 1? Thanks.

^ It's like loveletter...there were 2 or 3 seasons? Can't really remember...but each show, like love letter would have TWO episodes...thus parts 1 and 2. The last story has 5 parts because it was the last episode of the entire show before it was cancelled.

Anyways the links are up:

MINWOO ROSEWAR EPISODES

Link: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...d=3918012&#

I'll be going home in about one hour.

If you can't use CB, what link works for you? SS, MU, or YSI? I hope the file is small enough to load into SS, MU, or YSI. If the file is big (700MB), how do I upload?

"Mommie" Alice

sorry mommie, i can't use clubbox.. it won't load in my computer ^^"

i'll pm you later tonight if i can remember, cos i believe you're still at work right? i have a day off~ what a bliss what a bliss~ *dances around*

I'll be going home in about one hour.

If you can't use CB, what link works for you? SS, MU, or YSI? I hope the file is small enough to load into SS, MU, or YSI. If the file is big (700MB), how do I upload?

"Mommie" Alice

all of them work for me.. but i think if it's a huge file, i suppose megaupload would work the best..

Guest p00hpal

Just want to share: I converted two friends to listen to Shinhwa and my sister loves Hyesung duet with Sunmin. I had to buy her a copy (because I don’t want to give up my copy and don’t want to make her a copy…originals are the best). And a few weeks ago, I visited a friend in Northern California, and guess what? She found Shinhwa Japan Concert in 2004 (?) on DVD available for check out at the public library!! Wow! Check out your local libraries and let us know if Shinhwa is on the shelves ^_^

A few of you mentioned about Shinhwa fans and how they are so loyal and considerate. I wholeheartedly agree and couldn’t help but brag about Shinhwa and their fans to my friends. I love how the forum moderators and fans promote buying the originals, respect fellow fans’ opinions, and NO BASHING. Just reading the ranking made by many of you proves how respectful you are toward each other opinions, regardless who your favorite member is. (Hyesung is my all time favorite, and Dongwan’s genuine smile is contagious to not fall for him. Eric, Minwoo, Junjin, and Andy are equally loveable to me.) The strong bond among the fans plays a big part in Shinhwa success. You see they recognize and appreciate the fans from their interviews and diary entries.

About Shinhwa going to the army, how come all of them are not going the same time? Otherwise, wouldn’t it be like 5 years later they all unite and perform as a group? Maybe I’m missing something here????

I got to go running now. I go running with Shinhwa upbeat music and fall asleep listening to Hyesung’s angelic voice. The day is not complete without listening to one of their songs.

I'm home now! LOL! Good thing my husband is not home yet. He got mad at me the other day because as soon as I got home, I glued myself to computer. It's not like I don't feed the family! GEEZ!

Anyway, I thought about this army thing after I read the article that said that Shinhwa will go few at a time while other will do solo activities.

My thoughts were exactly like yours...why don't they all go to army together and in 2 years they can all be together again.

What I think is...I think their management are afraid if you send them all together, there will be non-existence of activies for 2 years and I think they are afraid they'll lose fans. If you send them few at a time, they will be doing solo activities and will keep in contact with the fans.

This makes sense. What do you think? Two years is a very long time for group/singer(s) to have no actities especially with all these new group/singer(s) showing up.

"Mommie" Alice

About Shinhwa going to the army, how come all of them are not going the same time? Otherwise, wouldn’t it be like 5 years later they all unite and perform as a group? Maybe I’m missing something here????

I got to go running now. I go running with Shinhwa upbeat music and fall asleep listening to Hyesung’s angelic voice. The day is not complete without listening to one of their songs.

Guest chubbyone

gaxlod - thanks so much for the picture of Eric sleeping a few pages back. :D Haha, that delinquent. (; LOL ~ he's soo adorable. <3

miss':bella - OMG. *drools* when i scrolled down i was like, BAM OMG DONGWAN<33 He's sooo gorgeous. :D I love those pictures. SO ADORABLE. >w<;; thank you so much!! And also thanks for the pictures of him a few pages back. Ahh, he's so handsome. I've totally fallen for him. LOLOL. (;

mommy alice - thank you for sharing that information about Shinhwa's moms... I've always wondered what the guys' families would be like. (: Dongwan's mom seems so cool. hehe ~

labingtatlo - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIZZA!! 17 ka na, eh? (: don't you feel old? LOL jk. :D I hope you had an awesome birthday (because there in the Philippines your birthday already passed, right?). <3 blowout mo kami!! haha jk. ^^;

Hehehe, and about Eric's "personality" thing - I agree with Crystalis. (: Eric doesn't seem arrogant to me at all... I seriously do think he is grateful for all he has and is truly humble. He is always so polite and shy towards the camera, during interviews and stuff, and that's just how he is. I mean, how many of us here are extra polite and extra shy towards people we don't really know? I know I am. I just think it makes a nice impression, and that's how I am... for those who are really close to me, they know i'm really actually crazy and weird. :P And sure, maybe that's "two-faced"... but, it's not a bad thing. Some people are just naturally shy and quiet towards people they don't know and maybe aren't comfortable with. The media definately creates biases and different impressions on celebrities, some that may even be false, but that's what they do. That's how it's always been. LOL yes, I am a huge Eric fan, and ofcourse I'm biased in a way, but there is reasonable explanation behind my defense for him, because I can connect to it personally, and I know MANY others can too. 8D

*cough* alright. i've said enough. Happy 600, guys. :D gosh, I'm soo in "Dongwan-mode" right now. haha XP Randomly, in class, during tests, Dongwan would just pop into my head. (: and then I'd start smiling. hahaha ~

I am totally with you about Eric. Like yourself, I am Eric's fan but I thought I am the only one who actually

see a side to him that no one shares. Now, thanks to you and Crystalis, I am not alone. :D

Archived