[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest lilbubbledorkie

I totally know what you mean! I used to spend hours googling Shinhwa and searching for their songs on Kazaa and Napster haha! I printed out sooooooooooooo many fanfics... I must have printed over a couple thousand pages of paper at my local library of Shinhwa fanfics and pictures of Shinhwa. Has anyone here read "Jaded" or "49 days for a second chance (??)...". Those were a couple of my Shinhwa favorites. I still have my binder in my attic somewhere with all their pictures organized by members and all. I used to save up my lunch money so I could order cds and posters off of yesasia. Sigh... brings me back to middle school. Then when college came around I was like... I can't spend all my time doing this anymore; but it was pretty convenient that that's when they went to do their mandatory service. But now that they're back I feel like I'm a kid all over again!

It's so great that you're spreading the words in voting! I've been voting! ^__^ I so agree with you that they make me feel like a kid all over again. I watch them on shows and I'd laugh until my face hurts :lol:

I don't remember if I read "Jaded" or "49 days for a second chance". Thanks for the titles, I'll search for them and read them XD I recently re-read "Poop In A Wine Glass" by Dongie I laughed alot. Great fanfic! Have you read it? It's really funny. You can google it..actually here it is: http://www.wattpad.com/1273836-poop-in-a-wine-glass

My best friend actually printed out lyrics and interviews, which I am so glad she saved. I will read those and get a kick out of it hehe. I really wish I saved all the interviews, pictures and videos. I was ignorant then. I thought everything would stay on the internet forever =/

Thank you for the Minwoo klutz clips XD I used to love Jin so much, but lately I found Minwoo to be so sexy. I still love Jin though! Funny that I used to dislike Minwoo because he seemed like a show-off to me, but now I've changed :sweatingbullets:

I'm soooo buying The Return Concert DVD if there is one coming out. That would be amazing since I couldn't attend the actual concert tears.gif I hope they'll have a U.S. tour or even Canada...if there will never be a U.S. tour, heck I'll fly to wherever they will have their concert. One of my dreams is to see them in person and sing/scream along with them and thousands of SHCJ w00t.gif

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest battleuphoria

@midnightgurl and lilbubbledorkie

i'm actually not good at expressing words and thank you for your 'narration'. i actually do feel the same, although i wasn't quite a fan of fanfics back then but now i love reading! thank you for the titles and i might go and search for them. i do agree with spending all my time back then googling them (or actually used yahoo back then), using napster to download their videos and saving almost all of their photos. i think i still have them hidden somewhere and if i do get more time, i might share the videos with you guys. i remember some of their funniest videos and it makes me feel like a kid again. i love the feeling of going back to the years before when i am so active with shinhwa. i also appreciate that their mandatory services coincided with my busy college years when internet and fandom were not part of my every day life. now that i have adjusted to the work force industry, i do have some time to look for more information about them and to fan girl again. what i love most about being part of the work force is i earn my own money, i think i have enough saved to fly to one of their concert destinations, i just do hope it does not clash with work related activities as we really do have many. i will definitely but their the return concert dvd once it's out - it's something that would be very very special to me.

Guest lilbubbledorkie

@midnightgurl and lilbubbledorkie

i'm actually not good at expressing words and thank you for your 'narration'. i actually do feel the same, although i wasn't quite a fan of fanfics back then but now i love reading! thank you for the titles and i might go and search for them. i do agree with spending all my time back then googling them (or actually used yahoo back then), using napster to download their videos and saving almost all of their photos. i think i still have them hidden somewhere and if i do get more time, i might share the videos with you guys. i remember some of their funniest videos and it makes me feel like a kid again. i love the feeling of going back to the years before when i am so active with shinhwa. i also appreciate that their mandatory services coincided with my busy college years when internet and fandom were not part of my every day life. now that i have adjusted to the work force industry, i do have some time to look for more information about them and to fan girl again. what i love most about being part of the work force is i earn my own money, i think i have enough saved to fly to one of their concert destinations, i just do hope it does not clash with work related activities as we really do have many. i will definitely but their the return concert dvd once it's out - it's something that would be very very special to me.

Thank you for expressing your feelings! Even though we do not know each other, but I love how we can talk about Shinhwa. It's really cool! It's been a wonderful journey, growing up with Shinhwa and all, don't you think? Even when they're celebrating their 20th, 30th anniversary, I'll support them! My best friend and I were saying these past few days that even when we're married, we'd show our kids Shinhwa and train them as mini-Shinhwas. My best friend was saying she'd take the kids to their concert, like their 20th anniversary ones :lol:

I will try to go through my old files and see what I can upload. I'd love to contribute to this thread since I don't have to worry about homework anymore :phew:

Here are the links for the titles midnightgirl and I mentioned (hope this will save time for you instead of googling ^^):

"Poop in a Wine Glass":

http://www.wattpad.com/1273836-poop-in-a-wine-glass

"49 Days for a Second Chance" and other Shinhwa fanfics are on this website:

http://timevault.wordpress.com/library/tfs/

Jaded:

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Linkinpark/

To any SHCJ: I love to read, so please recommend any good Shinhwa fanfics, preferably funny ones!! Thanks in advance!

I have to be honest with you guys...I don't like reading... sweatingbullets.gif ...but that doesn't mean I don't like fanfics though, I just don't read them... sweatingbullets.gif ...However, I have read one fanfic before. It was a Minwoo fanfic. I was quite drawn by it, but never finished because the writer, at that time, haven't completed it. Hmm...wish I knew the title and content so I can check if she's finished it... ^_^

Anyway. I was surfing the net and found some videos I've never seen before. This one was among them. I'm convinced it was the same day as Shinhwa's 'Noisy Interview' haha. This one was more quiet, but it's still very fun to watch...god I wish I knew what they were saying.Shinhwa 2003. Anyone care to sub hehe ;) ?

Guest Melinda

HEY people~ my friend show me this shinhwa venus dance cover by taiwanese artist Judy's chou :) he said before shinhwa is his idol and he learnt all his dance moves from them :))

Guest midnightgirl

Here are the links for the titles midnightgirl and I mentioned (hope this will save time for you instead of googling ^^):
: Awwww, thanks! After you linked me to Jaded, I started reading it...... ahhh, I want to read the entire story now! Too bad I have exams that I have to study for though =/. Guess I'll save it for the summer haha.

But man, talking about fanfics makes me want to go back and read them again. After my first fanfic (What I Did For Love) I started reading those like no other. I used to be so addicted to reading these things, especially from the old soompi website. I LOVED the old soompi website. I was so sad when they changed it.

It's funny, I actually started becoming more interested in Shinhwa after reading fanfics and that was actually how I found out about Flytothesky and started listening to them :). I think a major reason why Minwoo is my favorite is because a lot of the fanfics I read had Minwoo as the main character, haha! I went to try and find Shinhwa fanfics from the old soompi and I actually found a website that has just that: http://timevault.wordpress.com/library/.'>http://timevault.wordpress.com/library/. I think someone retyped Jaded and all of those old fanfics onto Winglin because the format is a little weird with all of those ?s everywhere and the grammar is a little off. Timevault actually has the original documents so you guys can check those out if you want!

I have to be honest with you guys...I don't like reading... ...but that doesn't mean I don't like fanfics though, I just don't read them...
i know what you mean. The older I get, the less I want to read haha. Reading can be tedious sometimes, especially when there are way more videos today and since you just have to watch them. You should try reading some of the Shinhwa fanfics off of http://timevault.wordpress.com/library/ though, they're good!

Another good one to read is Memories by Rowena. I think that was a Minwoo fanfic but I can't remember fully.

Guest lilbubbledorkie

You're welcome, midnight girl. I didn't realize Jaded was also on the Time Vault website. I found it on winglin and had to copy and paste it on Word because reading from the black background hurts my eyes..but since it's on Time Vault, that's even better! Thanks for the recommendations!

I read a bit of "Jaded" and I wanted to read more, but I know I'd stay up reading on and on so I'll save that for later today xD I'll check out "Memories" too. I used to read alot of fanfics, but I don't remember the titles anymore. I'd read like 5 at a time :ph34r: I haven't read a fanfic since I was in high school. I don't even know what the fanfics are like nowadays sweatingbullets.gif Some writers can really write well. I wish they'd make movies out of the fanfics. I'd love to watch Shinhwa as funny/romantic fanfic characters w00t.gif

The old soompi was cool. I was sad that old threads were gone and I had to restart all over with my member status at the time =/ I'll look into my old Shinhwa files and see what I can find to contribute to this thread. I saved alot of music performances, but not sure about funny clips. Will post if I find something interesting!!! ^_^

hahahahahahah OMG!! i remember Jaded!! that fanfic was so popular back then and the main character was minwoo, right??

i used to read fanfic until my eyes hurt, saved all the fanfics bout them, i even printed it out

when i was in high school, i printed their photos then i'd put it in front of my notes as cover and i kept writing shinhwa, eric,andy,hyesung,junjin,minwoo,dongwan in every book that i owned LOL

do u guys remember they had a kissing game with card, so they had to suck the card then pass it to the other by mouth, so it looked like they were kissing, banana song, eric's CF megapass, gosh i have to dig up my old collections :D :D

Guest battleuphoria

Thank you for expressing your feelings! Even though we do not know each other, but I love how we can talk about Shinhwa. It's really cool! It's been a wonderful journey, growing up with Shinhwa and all, don't you think? Even when they're celebrating their 20th, 30th anniversary, I'll support them! My best friend and I were saying these past few days that even when we're married, we'd show our kids Shinhwa and train them as mini-Shinhwas. My best friend was saying she'd take the kids to their concert, like their 20th anniversary ones :lol:

I will try to go through my old files and see what I can upload. I'd love to contribute to this thread since I don't have to worry about homework anymore :phew:

"Poop in a Wine Glass":

http://www.wattpad.com/1273836-poop-in-a-wine-glass

"49 Days for a Second Chance" and other Shinhwa fanfics are on this website:

http://timevault.wordpress.com/library/tfs/

Jaded:

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/Linkinpark/

To any SHCJ: I love to read, so please recommend any good Shinhwa fanfics, preferably funny ones!! Thanks in advance!

thank you so much for the links. definitely they helped! sometimes typing in google can give you some random links that i don't even know what they are about. will start reading this fanfics, will save them and most probably read it in the office. :D

it's amazing how we can say we've grown up with shinhwa, although i have only been a distant fan. i totally understand you and your best friend, i would also love to bring my children to watch shinhwa concerts. i think it is really possible for me to do that on shinhwa's 20th or 30th anniversay, whenever they have a concert maybe? haha although my best friend and i dream of actually having the shinhwa kids be the next shinhwa instead of our children becoming mini-shinhwas. we think it would be so cute and lovely to have the children of shinhwa make their own group as well. haha before, during my high school days, i thought that by this time, there would already be mini-shinhwas. hahaha

The old soompi was cool. I was sad that old threads were gone and I had to restart all over with my member status at the time =/ I'll look into my old Shinhwa files and see what I can find to contribute to this thread. I saved alot of music performances, but not sure about funny clips. Will post if I find something interesting!!! ^_^

i know, we don't really know each other but we connect because of fandom, how amazing is that? i miss those moments when i connect with all soompi shinhwa thread members before, during my high school days. haha that makes me look old, doesn't it? it was like, 10 years back! what was your username in the old soompi thread? i used to be a regular there. haha username before was cherilyn08. and i totally agree with it being hard to work your status back. i used to have i think close to 6,000 posts already when soompi crashed october of 2005. how sad was i back then to lose contact with fellow shinhwa fan girls.

i would have to start digging my old colelction, my old CD where i burnt all shinhwa files i have. i do have quite a number of funny videos, i just do hope my cds are not yet broken or i'll definitely show some rage towards myself for not preserving those memories.

do u guys remember they had a kissing game with card, so they had to suck the card then pass it to the other by mouth, so it looked like they were kissing, banana song, eric's CF megapass, gosh i have to dig up my old collections :D :D

definitely! the card passing game!!!! haha there was one instance where two members touched each other's lips, wasn't there? was it junjin and hyesung? my memory fails me.

Guest fresh

OMG Shinhwa broadcast episide 4 is so friggin hillarious! HAHA

Hyesung totally ruined his little prince image. Omg

Kungfu Minwoo was the highlight of episode 3, in episode 4 it's ZOMBIE ANDY! Zomdy. Haha Must see. I think this episode doesn't need subs. It's funny just to watch it.

Check out 01luvsh youtube channel. She uploads everything Shinhwa within a few hours although it is withou subs.

i just love reading the comments here. seems like i was back in 2005 when i first fell in love w/ Shinhwa :wub: they were the reason why i'm into kpop right now. i really wish Shinhwa will receive more love from the younger fans of this generation because this group is the most loveable group, ever! don't u guys agree? :lol: btw, since u guys mentioning about the old Shinhwa clips, does anybody have a clip or a link of junjin's funny clip where he was stuffing a handful of candies into his mouth w/ Kim Jong Kook as his opponent? this was so funny but i can't seem to find it yt anymore :wacko:

oh gheezzz i really cant resist myself from posting in here. have been a silent lurker but its total crazy for me since Shinhwa made a comeback...I have been listening to kpop for nearly 10 years and I knew abt shinhwa, have listened to some of their hit songs but not really crazily into them back then.... but hey their 2012 comeback was like a wake up call to me its like what i have been missing all this past 10 years...lol this 6 men really awesome in variety shows...i laughed so hard this few weeks watching their shinhwa broadcast shows....seriously they are so funny ...my bias Eric and Junjin but i like all of them too....oh my they look awesome as they get older....i am glad they made a comeback cuz i got a reason to watch music shows now...been avoiding watching music shows cuz not a fan to any of the younger idol group....but for shinhwa its different and Venus is just addicting and a killer to my ears.....i really really hope they will be on Running Man and I bet it will be a Daebak episode with them in the house..... :lol:

OMG Shinhwa broadcast episide 4 is so friggin hillarious! HAHA

Hyesung totally ruined his little prince image. Omg

Kungfu Minwoo was the highlight of episode 3, in episode 4 it's ZOMBIE ANDY! Zomdy. Haha Must see. I think this episode doesn't need subs. It's funny just to watch it.

Check out 01luvsh youtube channel. She uploads everything Shinhwa within a few hours although it is withou subs.

Oh yeah...gonna go check it out!

Guest picklypickly

Tweet from TigerJK's (on the DL) twitter account. I guess he hung out with Shinhwa last night.

uUNbF.jpg

& Here's the amazingly poetic SHCJ banner & reply.

ODqqD.gif

ar5gY.gif

Monkies, the lot of em.

wI2PB.jpg

Guest lilbubbledorkie

@battleuphoria: You're welcome! Shinhwa concert can be a family concert haha. Wouldn't it be nice if we could make our idols our husbands? I used to think it could happen, but as I get older, I think: who am I kidding? There are so many fans out there and I don't even live anywhere close to them! lol Maybe our kids can be mini-Shinhwas army. How awesome would that be? :D

I hope to meet SHCJ from Soompi in their future concerts. I think it'd be awesome to match screen names with faces! If you're old, than what am I? I have been a Shinhwa fan when I was in middle school :lol: We're never too old for Shinhwa and they're never too old for us. I don't remember posting too often in the Shinhwa thread on the old soompi, but I read comments and mostly were active in other parts of the forum..my sn at the time was F2TSwithSHINHWA (can you tell which groups I was in love with? haha). I wasn't super active in soompi comparing to other forums/websites. I was very active in lemonjjangoo (does anyone remember this website? I miss it so much!) and forums that I administered. Then later on I was on Shinhwa Sarang.I was also on Solid07 too. Oh I miss those times T__T

When I first got into Shinhwa in 2001, the forums I went to were the old fashioned discussion board. Nothing like soompi..it was like this:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/20849

It used to take me forever to find something because people would comment so much in a day and it gets pushed back further and further. I wonder if there was a search button? Doesn't seem like there's one for this one ^^;;

The people I used to contact with about Shinhwa or Kpop in early 2000ish are no longer active in forums or have changed their taste in music. It's kinda sad actually. I wish things were like it was back then :(

Guest lilbubbledorkie

i just love reading the comments here. seems like i was back in 2005 when i first fell in love w/ Shinhwa :wub: they were the reason why i'm into kpop right now. i really wish Shinhwa will receive more love from the younger fans of this generation because this group is the most loveable group, ever! don't u guys agree? :lol: btw, since u guys mentioning about the old Shinhwa clips, does anybody have a clip or a link of junjin's funny clip where he was stuffing a handful of candies into his mouth w/ Kim Jong Kook as his opponent? this was so funny but i can't seem to find it yt anymore :wacko:

@ donits: That sounds like a funny clip! I can't believe I haven't seen it. I hope someone has it and would upload it :)

Speaking of old clips, I actually went through all my old files and uploaded the ones I have on Youtube and Dailymotion!

I do not know the names of the shows because my Korean is very limited and I do not know the kind souls who edited these clips. If you do know who it belongs to, please let me know so I can credit them properly. Thanks! Hope it takes you guys back to the good old times :D

@midnightgirl: I actually have the clip where Minwoo fell of the chair/couch! I've uploaded it below ^_^

My Youtube Channel with the Old Clips I found in My Old Files:

http://www.youtube.com/user/chokcrew?feature=mhee

My Dailymotion Channel (Only one clip uploaded here. I wasn't able to upload this clip on Youtube because it's too long, so I uploaded it on Dailymotion. If there's any problems with viewing, let me know, I'll upload it on Veoh):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpz641_shinhwa-guys-dance_music < This is a clip of Shinhwa dancing at competition with some guys (correct me please)? Shinhwa appears starting at 16 minutes.

I found some Shinhwa videos that aren't on Youtube, but are on Veoh!

Shinhwa videos on Veoh

I also have full show from Music Bank, Music Tank, Pops in Seoul from 2002ish. The quality is low, but it has groups like Click-B, NRG, Swi.T, 5tion, etc. if you guys want to watch those too, let me know and I'll try to upload them :D

And lastly, funny old interviews. This required reading, it's entertaining, I promise!:

Interview #1, #2, #3

Funny interview!

Credits to the two forums above when I googled: Sarang 2 & DongBangSaSa...if I'm not allowed to share these two forum links, please let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks! Enjoy!!!!!!!

Tweet from TigerJK's (on the DL) twitter account. I guess he hung out with Shinhwa last night.

*quoted image*

Hmm... as much as I would like to know that Tiger JK and shinhwa hung out together, i don't think that is tiger jk's official twitter. Tiger JK's official twitter should be @DrunkenTigerJK, unless someone can correct me...

And it's great to see the thread active now.... Shinhwa Broadcast is hilarious without the subs..

Guest mminjung

It's so nostalgic to see them come back. I liked them since I was like in 4th grade... almost 10 years ago LOL

I was so crazy about them! and was even a part of ShinhwaChangJo official fanclub haha

So very very excited to see their appearances on much more variety shows and music shows!

I even remember the sayings we used to say in the ShinhwaChangJo official fanclub!

6-1=0 (6 minus any one member is no Shinhwa)

6+1=1 (6 plus ShinhwaChangJo is One)

and so many more :)

Congrats to my first idol love, Shinhwa :)

Guest midnightgirl

Speaking of old clips, I actually went through all my old files and uploaded the ones I have on Youtube and Dailymotion!

I do not know the names of the shows because my Korean is very limited and I do not know the kind souls who edited these clips. If you do know who it belongs to, please let me know so I can credit them properly. Thanks! Hope it takes you guys back to the good old times :D

yeahhhhhhhh! old school Shinhwa videos. Thanks for the links!! Omg, I had a massive collection of these. My computer kept running out of space every year so I burnt them on cds... I have so many disks that say like "Shinhwa MVS" "Shinhwa clips" "Shinhwa on Xman" "Shinhwa on Loveletter".... The first season of loveletter with Shinhwa was the best. It was sooooo funny, especially when they would play that "follow me" game? the one where they would snap the rubber band on each others' necks or flick each other in the head haha. For all those who haven't seen those episodes, you should definitely go watch them! Someone recently reuploaded episodes with download links and English subs on the Soompi thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/88940-variety-loveletter-%EC%97%B0%EC%95%A0%ED%8E%B8%EC%A7%80/.

Ahhhh, I'm so glad they came back with their own show this year. I want to watch the episodes so badly but I'm waiting for the English subs to come out. Hopefully ShinhwaForever releases those soon!

Guest picklypickly

Hmm... as much as I would like to know that Tiger JK and shinhwa hung out together, i don't think that is tiger jk's official twitter. Tiger JK's official twitter should be @DrunkenTigerJK, unless someone can correct me...

Not to get super-off-topic, but it's his "secret" twitter account. He tweets all manner of crazy stuff he wouldn't on his official twitter like trolling other kpop acts' twitters, so try to keep it on the DL. haha. I know this makes it sound like a fake, but I'm 99.9% sure it's him.

4jiBP.jpg

Watched WinWin and really appreciated Eric's quiet leadership tactics. I really liked how he chastised the members for being so cold and distant w/ each other, by telling them they should stop saying they'll be close brothers, Shinhwa forever on broadcasts if they're just going to behave like that. Best leader EVER.

xB8dv.gif

Archived