Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

Guest NO NAME?

Hikaru Utada to Sing Theme of Evangelion: 2.0 Film

posted on 2009-05-15 23:57 EDT

The freeEVA-EXTRA02 paper magazine has confirmed on Saturday that the Japanese-American pop artist Hikaru Utada will sing the theme song of Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance film. This film is the second of Hideaki Anno and Khara's four theatrical remakes of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion science-fiction television anime series. The title of the theme song has yet to be made public. Utada provided a 2007 remix of her 2000 cover of Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)" for the trailer to the first remake film (Evangelion:1.0 You are (Not) Alone), as well as her "Beautiful World" song for the film itself. The second film will open in Japan on June 27.

Funimation announced on New Year's Eve that it will release the first film in the remake, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone, in North America this year. Utada's newest English-language album, This is the One, shipped to CD stores in the United States on Tuesday after being sold digitally earlier this year.

Source: 2channel, ANN

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shantewillie

Man, I was planning to get this album, everything have to be post because of the trip. I'm still lisetn to the album, and I love it. :wub:

Guest diru

That's good news about Utada providing the theme to NGE again. I liked how Beautiful World was used for the first movie and can't wait to hear some more new material from her. Major NGE fan right here. :D

Guest NO NAME?

Utada Hikaru to Collaborate with Her Parents

18.05.2009 18:22 - Kay, Claire

translation: Claire

source: CDJapan

Pop singer Utada Hikaru will release a new single on August 21st. Titled 9 Sai no Omoide, the single will be a collaboration with her parents as the special unit U3, though further details of the single are currently unknown. Utada Hikaru's mother, Fuji Keiko, is an enka singer who had success in the 60s and 70s and her father, Utada Teruzane, is a record producer, who has overseen the careers of both his wife and daughter.

http://www.jame-world.com/us/news-49387.html

Guest qutiepye4

wow i never knew that she had soo many albums..

ive only listen to a few.

atm the i LOVE LOVE her new english album 2009

at firs ti thought i wasnt going to like it because i wasnt a fan of her first english album 'exodus'

but i mean i really love the new album

Guest fugy

i like the overall feel of this is the one but it's missing the fire that exodus had

it seems like boa and utada could borrow from each other - one's missing charm, the other substance

Am listening to the album now.

I have to say I agree with EricXL. There's something still missing. They both aren't quite hitting the mark or getting it (What's up with the lyrics that Utada is singing??? :huh:)

I've listened to some of the songs that they both did previously (korean and japanese songs)....and the style they are both going for in America is really different from what i know....it's almost like their changing themselves to fit the market. I rather they do it the other way around. Isn't that what music is suppose to do?....change people and inspire?

Oh wells, me being Singaporean don't really get what's so attractive about the American market that we see so many Asian artiste do a whole lot of back banding and matrix sort of twisting and re-fitting into the picture....just to get noticed.

I'm NOT bashing any of the (good) work that Se7en, Boa, Wondergirls, Utada....etc. etc are doing.

But is it so difficult for them artiste to horn their skills real well from where ever they come from, get people to like them real well in their own countries, get themselves real familiar AND COMFORTABLE with the language AND THAN do some music in America that they FEEL GOOD about?

They all seem to missed one or more of all of the above....

A lot of them (except maybe utada) seem really UNCOMFORTABLE AND LOST at what the heck is happening.

I mean, if you are already so recognised in your home country, i would think the last thing that somebody would do is to be so desperate for success in some other country....

Why can't they just be contented with their own lot? Cos there's a thin line between wanting to "advance and improve oneself musically because i'm unable to continue doing so in my home market" and just the greed the envy of wanting "to conquer America"

And the feeling I'm getting is a lot of them are gunning for the 2nd option.....there seems to be so little personal thought by the singer. they almost seem drowned by the press conferences and marketing strategies <_< where's their OWN OPINION on the stuff that's going on and where the MUSIC THEY ARE PUTTING THEIR NAME ON?

Hope nobody shoots me for getting this off my chest. I just lurk around a lot....and enjoy myself while i'm at it :lol:

Guest sikhye

Blah, blah, blah...BLAH. You are such an ignorant "fan." You obviously don't pay attention to anything; just do everyone a favor and stop talking :).

Just bought the album today, and I'm glad I can do my part in supporting her.

I follow Utada news probably more than you so stuff that smiley face up your richard simmons. :) You're the ignorant one to think Utada's focus is completely on the global market.

Oh and Utada's been sick for like 13 days now? If it's that bad then how is she able to plan a new single in Japan, and not do anything for TITO? :rolleyes:

Congratulations for supporting what will be her most unsuccessful album to date. Your contribution will make Utada's embarrassment less severe.

I concur. I doubt he/she is a fan. Utada is sick so there's no reason for her to continue with the promotion in physical form.

Ray's a common name for a guy, dumb richard simmons. and I've been a dedicated fan for about 6 years

Guest sheart

^ 'utadas embarassment'? even if it's her 'most unsuccessful album to date', i don't think it's a failure really. she once talked about how people are so obsessed with results with her albums (like what rank it gets or how much it sells or what, how much she promotes it...?) i don't get why fans (or maybe non-fans) are so concerned. shes an established artist and has nothing to prove. she makes what she wants.

i'm happy she's not stuck repeating herself and making the same types of songs over and over (why does anyone want an english version of 'first love' or any of her other songs? the japanese ones are fine how they are). it's nice to see her try new things.

Guest Bethany

I follow Utada news probably more than you so stuff that smiley face up your richard simmons. :) You're the ignorant one to think Utada's focus is completely on the global market.

Oh and Utada's been sick for like 13 days now? If it's that bad then how is she able to plan a new single in Japan, and not do anything for TITO? :rolleyes:

Congratulations for supporting what will be her most unsuccessful album to date. Your contribution will make Utada's embarrassment less severe.

Ray's a common name for a guy, dumb richard simmons. and I've been a dedicated fan for about 6 years

dumb richard simmons? I was smart enough to put "he/she" and not just assuming that you're one gender over the other. I don't care if Ray is a common name

for a guy. There are girls with that name...Raylie, or for short, Ray. How do I know if that's really your name? How do I

really know if you're not making up the 6 years? A smart person would always doubt, especially when someone's been trolling around.

Your immaturity amazes me.

Guest sheart

Oh and Utada's been sick for like 13 days now? If it's that bad then how is she able to plan a new single in Japan, and not do anything for TITO?

the one with her parents? thats a rerelease that she made a long time ago, and it's not her that really wants to put it out, it's the company that has the rights to it.

Guest sikhye

dumb richard simmons? I was smart enough to put "he/she" and not just assuming that you're one gender over the other. I don't care if Ray is a common name

for a guy. There are girls with that name...Raylie, or for short, Ray. How do I know if that's really your name? How do I

really know if you're not making up the 6 years? A smart person would always doubt, especially when someone's been trolling around.

Your immaturity amazes me.

Jeez, I must be the best troll ever since I've been here for four years and I'm still not banned. :lol: A fan doesn't have to be delusional and can an opinion, especially on some board. Yeah, I make my points all blunt but at the end I know that I love and respect this artist. :rolleyes: Just not now.

oh and This Is The One dropped from #69 to #137, so... <_<

the one with her parents? thats a rerelease that she made a long time ago, and it's not her that really wants to put it out, it's the company that has the rights to it.

No, the single for the new Evangelion movie.

Archived