What's The Average Height For Korean?

Guest cmallanie

Guest kimchii

Woh first post.. haha this topic really intruiged me though because people's first impression of me is always "woh she's tall... for an asian girl"

I'm turning 16 and my height measured (around 3 years ago, but I haven't grown since then) is around 176 cm. I'm terrible at conversion.. but I think that's roughly around 5'9 ? It's funny because my brother who is two years older, is actually shorter than I am. People (mostly ajumas) assume I'm the "older sibling" lol.

When I was young, i used to HATE being so taller than rest of my friends, because i was "different". Now I embrace it! And I regret not drinking milk as a child, haha.

So interesting reading everyone's comments, thanks!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hippiehop

all the korean girls i know are around my height (5'4") or shorter (except for one girl who is like 5'10" (170ishcm)). all the asian girls i know who are tall are chinese, and my nephew (i'm chinese) is sooo tall, yet he's only 4 years old, he looks like he's 8 lol - he's going to be super tall when he gets older. and my cousin is 6'1" also... a lot of the korean guys i know are around 5'8" or shorter, but there are a handful who are 6'1", too.

I have a korean friend who is 6 feet 6 inches (around 199 cm). This guy is a freak. His head is also the size of a giant beach ball. He is clumsy as hell though. Can't play sports even if his life depended on it. Sadly I am only 5 feet 8 inches.

Guest mae_lee

Yeah, the Korean youth at my church are getting taller and taller. ;\

I'm 18 and 6'0" (182.88 cm).

...really?... I thought everyone was gettin shorter every generation

Guest brighteyes

i think koreans girls are about 165 on average, korean guys 173-5. the girls on average are quite tall, i think. i'm only 5'1" and my parents often say, "if only you were taller" lol.

people have this HUGE misconception that koreans are short because 'asians' usually are. it's so untrue. korean girls are actually quite tall nowadays, especially in korea. i'm 172 cm and i saw MANY girls taller than me who were korean.

Average height for Korean males = 173cm or 5'8ish

For Korean girls = 163cm or 5'4ish

By the way, Koreans are taller than most other Asians

so if your wondering why the average seems lower than what you may think is because you never notice the short ones anyway..

You only notice tall people (Mainly)

Guest neon_buildings

i think Korean people are generally taller than other oriental/asian groups...keyword: generally

i went to Korea this summer and i was surprised to see that lots of the women there were pretty tall...my cousin (who lives in korea) is 5'5"ish and i'm 5'1"

Guest beautylicious87

i went to korea for about a year and i was taller than 90% of the korean women and i am only like 162-164cm~~

i heard that 160cm is the average height for korean women, so~~

wow thats pretty tall =\ but the girls height is short of 158 ? o.o;; im way pass that and im at the guy's average. (not korean and only 15yrold girl)

Guest HELLnawITSc

Koreans have the highest average height compared to other asians.

Random but... BoA says she isn't as self concious when she is in Japan becasue people are closer to her height, whereas in Korea there is a def. and noticable difference.

Archived