What's The Average Height For Korean?

Guest cmallanie

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigd38

But if you think about...the two tallest males in the world are Chinese  laugh.gif

Just wanted to say, I saw a show about Korean food right now. It talked about how the great nutritional value and heartiness of the food makes Koreans strong, healthy and tall.

smile.gif

the tallest man so far is a guy from turkey   8ft1  ,  as for the 2nd place is a mongolian guy  7ft9 i think  , the mongolian guy lives in china but is an ethnic mongolian

Guest bigd38

QUOTE(LadyJ @ Jan 3 2007, 01:50 PM) i find that usually the koreans in korea are actually taller than the ones in u.s.

thats what I realized too but I'm not sure if its true

maybe the ones in korea wear male hills its very common in south korea

Guest bigd38

hmm most krn gurls i think ranges from 5'5 to 5'8 the most..on average.

for guys..its usually from 5'10 to 6'2 on average

i really doubt that , that would mean they are taller then white americans and i know they arent, in korea they have male hills so that maight be why they look tall plus they are skinny

Guest bigd38

the koreans in korea are definitely taller than the korean-americans.

i'm 5'9" and i felt like a midget whenever i took the subway or walked around. it seemed like atleast half of the guys (17-22?) were atleast 6 feet..

there is also a huge gap between older and younger generations. good nutrition can do wonders.

in south korea they have shoes that make you taller by 2-4 inches they reason why you barely see any short people is because the short people wear shoelifts  big bang members wear them they were caught with it lol

Guest bigd38

Don't South Koreans take growth pills or something? I heard that a lot of guys do. My cousin has a Korean friend and he says his friend takes growth pills. It's really painful because it stretches your bones or something like that, but he did get taller from it.

that may be why they gained so much height lol  too bad wish i had some im pretty sure i can take the pain

Guest bigd38

woah wait.. i always thought asians were generally speaking.. pretty short...?

(i'm not being racist~ i'm 100% koreann)

Or maybe it's like.. the Koreans here in U.S. are just.. shorter than like.. ACTUAL Koreans living in KOREA.

idk.. my friends and i are like.. 5:4 or less.

the actual FOBs though are like.. average to medium and then there are the talll ones.

My bestfriend (linuhhparkk) is two years younger than me...

AND SHE'S FREAKING 5'8.

I'm only like... 5'3-4 and i hate standing next to her... well.. i do stand next to her anyways...

and she's an American born citizen..

oh yeah

and one of my other good friends (she's Chinese)

she's like.. 2 months younger than me and she's REALLY tall. Like.. 5'9 tall.. ish..?

something like that.

and linuhhparkks dad was tall and so was my chinese friends dad.

BUT MY SISTER.. she's like.. 7 years older than me.. and she's 5'8 ish. She's ALWAYS been tall. she's the tallest one in our family.. which is quite weird.. my dad is SHORTTT and my mom is like.. Medium short.

it doesn't make any sense...

in south korea they have pills, massages, needles that make you grow taller

Guest bigd38

I think it really depends.

I have a friend who moved from South Korea when he was 13 and he's 6'0 maybe? and his younger sister is 5'7 (guessing...she might just look taller because she's SUPER thin).

I was in SF all summer at an art program and there were a LOT of S. Korean people (like fobs)in the college program and the guys probably averaged around 5'9, but almost all of the girls were definately shorter than me (I'd guess around 160-ish cm).

I have this theory though that I'm actually suppose to be taller than I am (seeing as I am 5'4 and my sister is 5'8), but because I was a fatty little kid when I was younger I stunted my growth...gravity was working against me. xD

being fat doesnt stunt your growth only if you lift too much weight on your back it could cause damage  possible stunted growth, but i dont think so if anything fatter people who eat more then average grow taller i am one of them guys that grew taller then most of my asian friends and i was fat for most of my life

i would say that if your heavier then average you might lose some height during the day because gravity pulls your spine down so a fat person might lose a little bit more height then average but if you sleep or lay horizontal then you will gain back to your maximum height

My boyfriend who's Korean was talking about this last night. He said around 5'9" is average, so he feels he got screwed because he's only 5'7", lol. It probably could've been worse though, since his mom is like, not even 5 feet! XD

I thought 5'6" was kinda tall for a Korean girl though... it's not? My boyfriend and I really would have no clue, because the Korean girls we've met around here are pretty much all over the place. They can be super short, my height (5'6"), and I've run into a few girls who are like, average guy height. o_o

according to wikipedia (not that this is the ultimate authority on everything), the average height of south korean adults is

1.739 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in) for males

1.611 m (5 ft 3 1⁄2 in) for females

i don't know the norm for sampling these sorts of things, because if you take a bunch of old people, they'll probably make the whole thing shorter, but it seems like all the people sampled for this particular thing were nineteen years old.  but i think this seems accurate enough.  i do feel like i know a lot of korean female nationals who are about 5'4"?

Guest Brianna<3

in south korea they have shoes that make you taller by 2-4 inches they reason why you barely see any short people is because the short people wear shoelifts  big bang members wear them they were caught with it lol

Yeah I remember super junior were caught too. Seriously I really want some of those shoe lifts. I am short...5'6.

Guest Alison 蕭慧宗

whhaat? all the Korean girls I know are 5'4 and under >-->

then guys is kind of random but most are taller than 5'4.

wow you guys know a lot of tall koreans. maybe they breed them differently where i live. hahahahah

Guest yangri

The koreans I've known weren't noticeably tall.. I'd like to go to Korea and see~ If everyone's so tall there and they all wear heels/shoelifts then.. wow, land of the giants? XD

Guest bohyunnie

my friend is 185 cm... and growing

i'm 153 cm >x<

it looks hilarious when we walk with each other

our other friends say i look like his daughter XD

Guest dancingbymyself

I'm 183cm... and when I went to korea I was pretty much always the tallest or almost the tallest in the room.. By at least 8cm if not more (on average) So I think the average would be about 175 or 174 seems about right.

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

This is super weird because when I went to Korea, most of guys that I've seen were pretty short, maybe around 5'7 ish.

The girls were not that tall either, maybe around 5'3 or 5'4 ish. Most of them were wearing high heels though so they did seem taller.

A lot of koreans in korea eat those growth pills too.. my cousin had like 4 every day after supper when he visited from Seoul. Not to mention a ton of korean girls wear heels there and all sorts of special shoes..

And yeah, Koreans are descended from Mongolians but I'm not quite sure about that contributing significantly to height.

Archived