Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

Guest AirMaxFiend

^think he wants that orange sole too :P too bad there's no paint that can actually hold down there

There are, I just don't know the specific name.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bLufurBaLL

oooh I used to be really obsessed with dunks.. except they don't sell them in my area...

anyways.. I don't really like the PSP.. I had so many games, but none really kept my attention.. I'm hoping Metal Gear PO will be good..

I like the DS more.. the New Mario is very fun =]

Guest AirMaxFiend

Here's how I feel about dunks. Keyword is I. I don't care if other people like it, wear what you want, I'm just saying how I don't like dunks, just like some people don't like cheese. So don't get offended. It's a story of my evolution in taste. And mind you, I live in Seattle where not many people even know about dunks and streetwear.

I hate dunks. I have a lot of pair of SBs and GRs from the past, but the way jeans fall on them just doesn't look right. I've tried loose, regular fit, and slim jeans, and all of them just don't look right with dunks. I've been into dunks since I was a freshman in high school(5-6 years ago, 2000). The first time I saw them I thought they were a pair of Jordan I lows, I asked what they were and he said, "Dunks, Jordan copied the model." OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. I was never a Jordan guy because the image it personified of wack Asian and Black wankstas. The first pair of dunks I got was a pair of all white, blue sole stuffed dunks. Then I got a few more GRs until I saw some SB dunks at a local skate shop. I bought them(mulders) and started wearing them everyday until every inch of it had creases, and in those creases there would be dirt. Over the years I started collecting them and wearing them to death. And no I don't skate. It's not that the past year has had bad SBs, I've liked a lot of them, from the Hawaiis to the BA, etc etc. It's just that this summer I've received my epiphany. My taste has become very European, well thats what I consider it anyway. Jeans fall so nice on Air Maxes. I mean, I can't even explain how nice pair of crisp Levis hang around the roof of the shoe. Especially AM87, my favorite shoe model.

SB dunks are like a "WTF WAS I THINKING?" thing to me. Kind of like super faded/super ripped jeans, super blonde hair, ill fitting denim, non-raw denim, popping collars on polo, and boot cute jeans. I mean wtf was I thinking when I thought those things looked nice?

OH WELL, the PAST IS THE PAST. I gave all my dunks to my family members. My dad is now wearing beat white supreme lows to mow the lawn, I saw my uncle walking his dog around the block with my bandaids, and my cousins are happy with the recent releases... Hawaii, BA, and Pushead.

I've moved onto collecting AM87s, AM90s, AM95s, Air Stabs, Vans, NB and Footscape wovens. A lot of my friends are still on the whole SB dunk thing, but some of them are feeling how I'm feeling right now.

What I want right now: 1345804974.jpg

Is DS Stussy rare to find ? size 6-7 ? & also does anyone know where the purple pigeons are sold in nyc? -- I know I should've posted that in the soompi network area but it's pretty much dead .. &I'm not even sure if people even look at it that often. X= Thanks for the help (=

Guest Vindictive

Is DS Stussy rare to find ? size 6-7 ? & also does anyone know where the purple pigeons are sold in nyc? -- I know I should've posted that in the soompi network area but it's pretty much dead .. &I'm not even sure if people even look at it that often. X= Thanks for the help (=

I don't think it's Stussy dunks are rare to find but totally like not worth the current price range it's going for. You are talking about the stussy dunks right lol.

Purple pigeons aren't that limited .. they're everywhere. Try ccs.com, they should have it. Mines are coming in the mail atm <3

Guest Epitaph

^Media: Latex, Steel, Gear motors, Printed circuit, Rio MP3 Player, Batteries, Staples, Roommates Hair.

the statement is bs about the skin part lol but damn, shoe is freaky

Archived