Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

Guest rainbowdashkorea

lrg is doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

who decides whats "done" and whats "cool"? if you like it then shouldn't you just rock it?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MUGETSU

Hmmm..

who changed the topic name and who put hypebeast as the name?

mods whats up? or was soompi hacked

hypebeasts....i think its something you just pick up.

you know how you can tell people seem like they try TOO HARD sometimes? Like that.

Like they got so much going on or are like...loud and obnoxious and eager or bragging about what they have.

They don't have any OG stuff, they are fairly new to the culture, have no inner knowledge, etc.

Guest MUGETSU

I pmed a mod about it.

lets see what the response is

im kinda thinking someone hacked soompi and messed up this thread.

some of the posts here werent here before...especially that hypebeast question.

i havent noticed it until now

Guest AirMaxFiend

^You didn't change? Better spam a mod.

who decides whats "done" and whats "cool"? if you like it then shouldn't you just rock it?

Enigmatic is a hypebeast, follows the trends.

Guest ENiGMATiCSOUL

ehhh -_ - how the hell am i a hypebeast ?

ill re phrase my post from before . .

"IMO i think LRG is done"

feel better?

Guest TrainDriver

happy new year ppl. i'll be off to hong kong tomorrow, i'm not really into streetwear, but i'm gonna look for jeans and sneakers. i don't get y ppl hate a brand because of the fans/popularity though, if u like the look of it, just wear it :D

Guest Vindictive

Damn I haven't been on soompi for like a month & I come back looking for the street wear thread and I find "What is a hypebeast?" LMAO.

What's up with the thread? I'm so confused. Took me forever to find this thread too.

I need new shoes. I'm tingling for some spiderman dunks..

Guest MUGETSU

I PMED strykers12 and he fixed it back.

Looks like soompi was hacked.

I don't think a mod did it..because What is a hypebeast? sounded sarcastic.

Guest AirMaxFiend

I PMED strykers12 and he fixed it back.

Looks like soompi was hacked.

I don't think a mod did it..because What is a hypebeast? sounded sarcastic.

A hacker that knows the term, hypebeast. What a coincidence. :ph34r:

Guest rainbowdashkorea

you know in jeans theres relaxed, bootcut, and straight leg? what do you guys normally get? I've seen these choices since a lil kid but noones really been able to explain the differences well.

Guest Jay Chou

boot cut is like larger at the bottom than at the knee, sort of like cowboy pants.

straight leg is the same throughout

relaxed is probably narrower at the bottom than at the knee....i think

i wear straight leg.

Guest MUGETSU

relaxed is loose isnt it? like on the thighs and leg?

bootcut is just the bottom opening is a bit wider.

straight is same size throughout but not as loose as relaxed.

i wear slim, straight, and bootcut.

In addition to the SUPREME SALE - There is also a REED SPACE SALE (from freshness)

Starting tomorrow Wed January 3rd, Reed Space will be having a huge sale on Tees, Hoodies, Outerwear and Footwear 50%-75% off!! This goes on until next Tuesday but you know everything is going to blow out quick so hurry down.

Brands on sale:

Nike Footwear

Nike SB/White Label

Acapulco Gold

Eriffs

King Stampede

Once Upon a Time

Staple

10 Deep

Crooks and Castles

False

And much more!!!!!

Reed Space NY

151 Orchard Street | Map

New York, NY 10002

TEL #: 212-253-0588

All you Hong Kong Soompiers...from freshness

af1_hong_kong.gif

For those of you in Hong Kong, you will get a chance to celebrate the 25 years of Air Force 1. Starting January 8 til January 14, visit the exhibition at Central Star Ferry Pier No. 7. The exhibition will included the AF1 LUX 07 Anaconda & Crocodile (retailing for HKD 15999, well worth the money). Visitors can also check out Edison Chen’s personal AF1 collection as well as a number of the 07 AF1s.

Event Date: January 8-14 // 12:00-6:00PM

Event Location: Central Star Ferry Pier No. 7

Guest trixtah

Yeah, relaxed is looser in the seat (richard simmons) and thighs. I like slim-straight with bootcut or straight, I don't really like tapered :/

Guest ant!bacterial

EDIT

I've been wanting these for a LONG TIME :

AF1_wmns_wht_orange.jpgAF1_wmns_wht_cyber.jpg

Where do you guys buy your AF 1's ? (specifically stores that sell women's also)

Sites & stores will be very helpful.

Guest shinchrono

reed space is having a sale too?? sigh...why am i on this coast?

anyways, i went to the supreme sale and i noticed they still had some supreme x nbhd in stock, picked up the last cap and passed on the ridiculously priced jacket

since when were they selling cashmere box caps??

also stopped by Union LA and had an interesting conversation with the lady there...she was telling me how part of her job (i guess she's a manager?) is to go to japan and pick up Visvim/Neighborhood/W)taps stock and sell them here with the duty taxes marked on for essentially no profit whatsoever, just to build the store's name. she was mentioning how part of her crappy job was just to sit there and hope the stuff on the counter sells so she can make up the money she lost buying them, while only being able to make money on the american street brands and their $30 t-shirts, etc...never really thought about it that way ^^ just a little insight on retailers of japanese brands here in the US (span of sunset comes to mind too, with their BxH stock)

Guest mz simmonz

oh man the first time I heard of Nigo and BAPE was a couple of years back when I was working at this restaurant owned by a couple of young dudes that had random figurines in a display case. One in particular got lots of attention, it had the head of a cartoonish skull and crossbone and the body of a cartoony person I guess. Random people wouldn't even order food they would just come in and ask how much the figurine was and I would always be like.."uh its not for sale" but I would think..all this attention for some skull doll??? Turns out Nigo designed it, got it made and for whatever reason gave it to my boss. I guess they were associates of some sort? I live in NYC but I swear I must live under a rock or something lol. I always thought people who were into that type of style were called "hipsters". I own one pair of IV's. that's about it lol. i only wore them a few times and they still look fairly new, some people joke that I should sell it but I mean..I wore them already?

Archived