Nice Hair Salons In Vancouverr

Guest sweet_honey

Question!

I want to get bright red peek a-boos done, I usually go to Chura for my hair cut/ perm...

and I was looking at Zeal since i heard that place is good too... would they charge me for the selective highlights or would they be charging me for the Color and streaks? and with zeal which stylist to ask for?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amidoinitrite?

Can the stylists at Joyce Hair Design speak English? I phone them and the person who answered knew almost no english.

Guest epiklove.

question!

i went to zeal about 2 weeks ago and got my haircut by one of the masters...but i didn't get a chance for his name =(

and so....i was wondering if any of you guys would know who he is...cuz i really love my haircut...it's the best one i've got since i existed...lol. he doesn't seem to speak a lot of english and he has a tattoo on his arm. it would be great to know because i'd recommend him...though it was my 1st time there...

thanks in advance!

Question!

I want to get bright red peek a-boos done, I usually go to Chura for my hair cut/ perm...

and I was looking at Zeal since i heard that place is good too... would they charge me for the selective highlights or would they be charging me for the Color and streaks? and with zeal which stylist to ask for?

If you plan on coloring the entire lower layers of hair, I assume they will charge for the price of color, while adjusting the price since you are not having a full head done.

Selective highlights are for a thin one inch strip of color $15 each.

Whether you choose two thin strips of color for each side, or the entire lower layers,

If you want bright red from a base of black, you will need to bleach first.

You will need to ask the counter the expected price for this.

I know their price list is $50+ for bleaching a full head.

Prices also depends on your hair length.

Red is also a fast fading color. After a few months it will turn somewhat orange since your bleached color is underneath.

It may be more worth the money to buy clip in extensions.

Hope this helps.

Guest simpliciity

Can the stylists at Joyce Hair Design speak English? I phone them and the person who answered knew almost no english.

lol i phoned them too and i didnt quite understand the lady that answered the phone. so i went the next day and yes the stylist that i got she knew english ( i got the stylist with the bob haircut didnt ask for her name) but i did bring a picture for in case.

they charge $25 for ladies cut.

PS. my new hair cut turned out great i recommend Joyce hair Design

hope this helps =)

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone every gotten a cut from a master cutter named Megu from Zeal on Robson?

i wanted etsuko cause reviews i've read said she was good.. but she only works in richmond now and i'm not going to richmond =P

so the receptionist gave me meg.. and i couldn't find any reviews on her.. so anyone here had her?

alrighty well i just got my hair cut today..

and gotta say, it was pretty good.. she did EXACTLY what i wanted and styled it to the picture exactly

super nice and definitely worth the price.. she was a master stylist and my total came to $47.25 and i tipped her $7

if i go back to Zeal.. which i probably will(although it would be a while.. $54.25 per cut is pretty expensive lol and my hair grows super fast), i will definitely ask for Megu again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest johnnifer

torrentgray: the salon is called Joyce Hair Design...i'm not sure how much it is for magic straight/perm but i can ask for you tmrw. im headed down there to cut my hair (hopefully i don't get side tracked). i hope the owner isn't there. i dread her. LOL all the other girls are sweet and good...she doesn't listen and is so intimidating. she told me not to cut my hair as a bob b/c of blah blah blah and then i showed her another picture instead and i was not satisfied. then i went to another salon 2 days later to get the bob i wanted and everything worked out fine <_<

EDIT

magic straight: $150

special perm: $100

the owner said special perm is...something about not making the hair feel dry afterward. i got my hair cut today by MISA. she's a sweetheart ! she did a very good job and my friend was satisfied with her cut as well. i heard someone telling us to request her when we go and i was going to ask her if she knew a misa...turns out it was her. i paid $31.25 ($5 tip). it's $26.25 (i think the .25 if b/c i paid by debit dunno !)

--Jenn Ly

Guest MEGUmegu

Has anyone been to the hair salon on 38th and Victoria called Rena's Hair Studio. I'm planning to go there. Who would you recommend that I ask for? How's that lady that can't speak english? Has anyone ever gotten their hair cut by her?

So curiosity killed the cat and I asked for an appointment at Joyce Hair for tomorrow afternoon =) Will come back for reviews! Ps - the lady who answered the phone (I'm assuming she's the owner) seemed pretty nice but it sounded like she was eating something, hahah. It was quite cute. Her english was OK, but at laest enough for us to communicate.

Guest pyrotekniq

YUNA!: please add your review. =) i've read lots of good things about joyce hair design on soompi and am thinking about going there. look forward to your comments.

johnifer: maybe i should ask for Misa as well. what kind of cut did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

thanks, guys! ;D

YUNA!: please add your review. =) i've read lots of good things about joyce hair design on soompi and am thinking about going there. look forward to your comments.

johnifer: maybe i should ask for Misa as well. what kind of cut did you get, if you don't mind me asking?

thanks, guys! ;D

The stylist: I got Misa! :D When I first came in she nearly tripped over herself trying to help me, haha. She's very chatty and she gave me some hot ginger tea because I was straightening my bangs. The boss lady keeps dancing to the loud music, and when I pointed that out, Misa laughed and said she always does that, haha. The other stylists also came around and chatted with us! They definitely made it more personal feel, like you're their friend. <-- don't know how to explain that....

The cut: My bob cut from April is finally growing out but it's in an awkward style, so she styled it in a way that it would still look pretty. Misa takes a lot of time but I like that. The good thing is? What I did (cut and bang straighten) is half the price here than it would be at places I went to like Chura and Ark, but they still do a good job. I think I'll be a regular now =) =)

Guest johnnifer

LOL...i wonder if they're going to wonder why Misa's getting so popular. so yea, I got a bob cut and my mom and sister actually like it better than when i got it at MASTER CUT UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! i don't know about you guys, but i totally don't like it there. but yea when she was cutting my hair i found her absolutely adorable ! but yea, the other stylists at Joyce Hair Design are all really nice. easy to talk to and so easy to get along with =)

--Jenn Ly

Guest k4r3bear

^

I was just wondering where is Joyce Hair Design...every time i'm busing i don't really notice it. After reading so many reviews from them I think I want to get my haircut there too...and how much is a trim/cut for ladies?

thanks =)

Archived