Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Hi Wendy, thanks for sharing again you stories. Another signed autograph to add-up to your so many collections. You're indeed a very great & loyal supporter of JunKi. Right now, I'm waiting for the HERO's DVD so I could grab a copy. I missed watching him on the screen. I'm just so excited thinking that I could get it soon. :P:lol:

Me too..I am also waiting for the original Korean DVD to be out. :P Soon...I hope ! :lol:

Guest pariya_gn

sorry perhaps my request isnt suitable for this topic but i say...

anybody have download link for uncut verision of king and clown????

i realy like watch it.

tx & again sorry :blush: -_-

Good day, Lee Jun Ki fans!! I would like to share with you video links to Star's Echo, a 2-episode 2004 joint Korean-Japanese drama project of MBC and Fuji TV. The male lead here is Jo Hyun Jae, while the female lead is Japanese actress Noriko Nakagoshi. Lee Da Hae also appears here in a supporting role as Jo Hyun Jae's girlfriend. I'm afraid that LJK's role here is very minor and his screen time very short. I know there is already a link to this drama in the first page, but the subtitles are in Chinese. The one I am posting here has English subtitles. Happy viewing!!!

part 1 (in 3 parts): http://jo-hyun-jae.com/2009/10/10/stars-echo-part-1/

part 2 (in 3 parts): http://jo-hyun-jae.com/2009/10/11/stars-echo-part-2/

Note: If these video links have been posted here already please send me a PM so I can edit this post. Have a nice day!!!

credit: videos to wulijohyunjae @ http://jo-hyun-jae.com

From leejunki-singapore.com :

10 January 2010..Hero drama locations :

My friend in Seoul sms me the location and we walked over and arrived around 9.30am but Jun Ki had already gone inside the building. I talked to my Korean friend and she said he arrived at about 7am but was on standby for his scenes..outside in front of the building.

He was with his staff inside a room next to the glass doors where the 4 of us were standing. Minako was with me on the trip and she followed me closely. I saw DJ walking in and out and once he walked to Jun Ki's car I greeted him and this shy boy returned my greeting with a slight bow ^^ Then more overseas fans turned up and also Korean fans. But they all walked to the front..expecting to see Jun Ki. We still waited by the glass wall and door for him to come out and he did Immediately he saw us and we waved and laughed and he stopped and with a big smile, returned our waves happily. My young friends were so happy. Jun Ki and his staff were walking towards the basement carpark..I presumed to smoke ~~ A few Korean fans knew where he was and they stood around too. About 10 minutes later, he came out and when he looked at us again..I gestured with my hands..pointed to him and asked silently, "Have you eaten?" and he smiled and nodded his head Then they all moved into the waiting room again. We knew he would take some time so we went to have our lunch because it was really so cold and we were hungry. The Korean restaurant was just opposite the building and halfway through eating..we saw movement from his staff. So Jun Ki was ready to work. I quickly ate my hot ginseng chicken porridge and my friends told me to go first. I went to the front of the building facing the main road and there he was..ready for roll call ~~ Again he had the 2 pieces of cardboards slung over his shoulders but this time..the scene was shot on the pavement. People passing by were curious and stopped to look while his fans just stood nearby and watched. I also stood and watched and when it was done, he moved to enter the building again. It was not a long scene and so I chose to wait behind the building where we waited earlier on because he was inside the room again. By now my friends had joined me and they also did not want to go to the front. Ten miuntes later, he went out for another shooting of the same scene while we watched through the glass panels..so we could only see his back ~~. When it was over, he quickly came inside and we waved to him and he gave us that huge smile and waved back. Then he did some funny actions..like kungfu fighting punches..real cute. He was just right in front of the glass and we laughed. Soon DJ moved the car nearer the small exit door and I walked to stand near the door. When he came out, I was the first one to talk to him and shake his hand. I did not want to wait near his car because so many fans were standing near the steps. He stopped and smiled at me and I said, " Jun Ki, a letter for you", he took it and said "Thank you." We had a tight handshake for about 1 minute and I said, "Good bye, I am going home tomorrow." He smiled and nodded his head and I let go of his hand because other fans were rushing forward. He stood on the steps while I was right behind him while my friends also shook hands with him. Other fans were trying to grab his hands and also giving him presents. I was lucky because I had a brief close moment with him ~~ komawo. He went inside his Starcraft and went off for lunch and the second location which was inside another MBC studio and no fan could enter this place. I knew he had a third site to go to and it was outside Seoul. I made arrangements with my Korean friends to meet there in the night and then with Minako and S.Kheng, I returned to the guesthouse for a short nap and rest. I had already done my shopping and it was extremely cold and the best place to be was my room..warm and not freezing..hehe !

Around evening time, the 3 of us took a cab and reached there around dinner time. So we went to have our food in the nearby shopping mall and then some ice-cream...haha ^^ It was still too early for Jun Ki to arrive so we passed time chatting before walking over to the governmental building to check out the place. We had info that Jun Ki had 2 more scenes to shoot inside MBC studio which was also nearby. All of us were bundled up like Santa Claus because of the freezing minus degree cold weather. We saw some tour guides' cars and knew that Japanese fans and Hong Kong fans had arrived. My Korean friends messaged us that he would not be here so soon and so we walked out to have some hot coffee and chocolate. It was so wonderful to be out of the cold. Then about one hour later, news came that Jun Ki was almost finished and would move soon. So we quickly walked back to the building...it was rather hard because of the snow on the sidewalk. We saw MBC crew had arrived and was setting up the lightings and cameras at the front of the building. I went to talk to the manager of "Mansoo" while we waited for Jun Ki to arrive. Soon his car came in and I walked over to watch as he stepped out. The poor guy was looking so tired and so I did not want to bother him. Other fans were calling for him and he quickly took a present and handed it to his manager as we walked. S.Kheng just went up to greet him and I approached him on his left and softly said ." Jun Ki, fighting!" and he looked at me with a tired smile and with a small bow..nodded his head in reply. Then he was ready for his scene with "Jae-in" at the main door of the building (Prosecutor's office). Jin Dohyuk was looking very depressed as he faced a silent 'Jae-in" while the rest of the Yongdeok Ilbo gang 'arrived' in a car. Although he was very tired and exhausted..Jun Ki laughed at some of the NG scenes and there were quite a few for the short scene. I was relieved to see him laugh because he looked ready to drop from fatigue..sigh. I went to ask manager DJ if he knew when he would finish but he told me he did not know. And I said to him that Jun Ki must be very tired and he said 'yes'. It took about 45 minutes or so before lady PD Kim called for wrap-up. DJ moved his car nearer and I stood by the door again. When Jun Ki walked towards his car with his staff..the fans were rushing towards him and I saw another 2 of my Korean friends near him. When he reached the door, I stretched out my hand to shake his and wished him "Goodbye..see you again some day." He hardly spoke to fans now and I did not expect him to say anthing...he was probably groggy from lack of sleep, so he just smiled at me and nodded his head again and then stepped in. I bade goodbye to his staff and manager KS was so cute...she said "Good bye" and gave me a hug..~~ And then his car moved off and we had to hail a midnight cab back to Seoul. Jun Ki was the first to leave at around 12.30am. It was a long and tiring day for him.

This would be my last day in Korea and happy memories to bring back home to Singapore...visits to 'Hero' sites and gatherings with friends..my last visit to Hero filming sites :)

Kim Hee Sun and Lee Jun Ki are top contenders for medical drama

February 14th, 2010 // by javabeans

junki_132.jpgkimheesun_15.jpg

A new historical drama may be the meeting ground for Kim Hee-sun and Lee Jun-ki: the former is planning her acting comeback, while the latter is currently a top contender for the male lead role. The director is PD Kim Jong-hak of the fusion fantasy-sageuk series Legend and kdrama classic Sandglass, and the series is an SBS medical sageuk (another one?) called Faith [신의], a working title.

One report states that Kim Hee-sun is taking the role, while another is more circumspect in naming her the top prospect, so take that as you will. She reportedly began secret talks with PD Kim last month and is now in final talks. If Kim’s casting is confirmed, this will be her first acting project in four years; she has done CFs and photo shoots but hasn’t acted since 2006’s Smile Again. She married in 2007 and gave birth to her first child, a daughter, last year.

Despite being a medical sageuk, it’ll differ from SBS’s current Jejoongwon, inasmuch as that series is about the advent of Western medicine in Korea, while Faith is about Oriental medicine. The drama is being prepared for a broadcast run in the latter half of the year.

Meanwhile, Lee Jun-ki recently wrapped filming on the MBC drama Hero, which had an underwhelming run with low ratings. He is said to be showing a lot of interest in the role and is “nearly decided” on the drama.

Via Star News, Asia Economy

i read in the news that Lee Jun Ki nim has gone independent following his contract has ended with his management??

http://news.nate.com/view/20100212n15851

he deserves to not be tied down with management other than his own... i hope once he forms

a new management company he will present more to his fans with autonomy

may he continue his success and spreading the hallyu wave B)

Guest jinayafer

Kim Hee Sun and Lee Jun Ki are top contenders for medical drama

February 14th, 2010 // by javabeans

junki_132.jpgkimheesun_15.jpg

A new historical drama may be the meeting ground for Kim Hee-sun and Lee Jun-ki: the former is planning her acting comeback, while the latter is currently a top contender for the male lead role. The director is PD Kim Jong-hak of the fusion fantasy-sageuk series Legend and kdrama classic Sandglass, and the series is an SBS medical sageuk (another one?) called Faith [신의], a working title.

One report states that Kim Hee-sun is taking the role, while another is more circumspect in naming her the top prospect, so take that as you will. She reportedly began secret talks with PD Kim last month and is now in final talks. If Kim’s casting is confirmed, this will be her first acting project in four years; she has done CFs and photo shoots but hasn’t acted since 2006’s Smile Again. She married in 2007 and gave birth to her first child, a daughter, last year.

Despite being a medical sageuk, it’ll differ from SBS’s current Jejoongwon, inasmuch as that series is about the advent of Western medicine in Korea, while Faith is about Oriental medicine. The drama is being prepared for a broadcast run in the latter half of the year.

Meanwhile, Lee Jun-ki recently wrapped filming on the MBC drama Hero, which had an underwhelming run with low ratings. He is said to be showing a lot of interest in the role and is “nearly decided” on the drama.

Via Star News, Asia Economy

this is my first time posting here...

anyway, i hope i can see him in another drama...

Kim Hee-seon, Lee Jun-ki being considered for new drama

201002121002555806166A_1.jpg

Top Korean actors Kim Hee-seon and Lee Jun-ki are being considered as the main cast for a new historical drama based on medicine helmed by famed director Kim Jong-hak of the "Taewangsasingi" series.

"We are still in the process of discussing whether she will appear in 'Faith' -- nothing has been set as of yet," actress Kim's agency told Asia Economic Daily over the phone on Friday.

A source close to the producers of the show also said discussions are still underway with the cast to be confirmed by late February at the earliest.

Meanwhile, an official with a broadcaster said Lee's appearance in the drama has almost been set with the actor himself showing "great interest in the show."

The drama, tentatively titled "Faith," will be director Kim's comeback production set to air on the small screen near the end of the year.

Actress Kim, 32, has been one of the most popular actresses in the country since her debut in 1993. She was last seen on the screen in SBS' 2006 TV series "Smile Again" until she married in 2007.

Lee made a splash into the acting industry, appearing in the 2005 hit film "The King and the Clown" which is the second-most watched Korean film to date. His latest work was MBC TV series "Hero," which ended its run mid-January of this year.

Reporter : Lim Hye-seon lhsro@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...021215051723957

Guest _krusty

hey.. i'm a newbie here, heh. recently caught lee junki in a few kdrams which really made me fall for him <3 just completed iljimae not long ago and he was good..

am looking for fast streaming + eng subs + complete episodes of Heroes to watch him in this latest project.. does anyone have a reliable link i can watch from? tried mysoju but they only uploaded 1 episode so far :( thanks so much and will be watching this space! :)

Guest _krusty

For now there are just 7 ep with subs, but haru work hard and very soon will watch afull drama with subs.

oh i see, ok thanks :) where can i find these 7 ep? :)

*** Hmmmmm……. reading the news that he's going to do another drama makes me so excited though I’m not much into historical dramas but if LJK is in it, no choice – hehehe. I’d like to see both of them act together. I hope this is final already. KHS is a good actress. Looking forward to this. :lol::D

February 17, 2010

A king’s romance back on the stage in its 10th year

Hit film ‘The King and the Clown’ was based on soon to be revived play

The 2005 Korean movie “The King and the Clown” was a box office smash, selling more than 12 million tickets, the second highest ever after “The Host” (2006). Yet not many realize the film is actually based on a play called “Yi.”

As in the movie, the story of Yi revolves around an apparently homosexual relationship between a tyrant king of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) - Yeonsan (1476-1506) - and his favorite court jester Gong-gil. That story is interwoven with another relationship between Gong-gil and his lover Jang-saeng, the leader of his troupe. According to historical records, “Yi” was an honorific title given by the king to a beloved subject during the Joseon Dynasty.

The play was first staged in 2000, and a revival is now being prepared to commemorate its 10th anniversary.

“Ten years have passed since the premiere of Yi in 2000, and many things have changed over the past decade, particularly with the hit movie in 2005,” said Kim Tae-woong, the playwright and producer of the original production and the revival.

“One of them is my perception of who the main character of the play is. When I first wrote the play, I thought Gong-gil was the main character. Over the years, however, that has shifted to Yeonsan, and now to this group of clowns who have scenes that provoke these gusts of laughter from the audience.”

Kim added, “We now present this special performance marking the 10th anniversary, and I think many will be curious to know what might be different in this year’s show from those of past years.

“One thing I can assure you of is that the brilliant original cast will return to the stage for the 10th anniversary show.”

Fortunately, that cast is the cream of the crop, including Oh Man-seok, who performed as Gong-gil for the play’s premiere in 2000 and also reprised his role in 2001, 2003 and 2006, and rising musical theater actor Kim Ho-young, who is also cast in the role of the clown.

Veteran actors Kim Nae-ha and Jeon Su-hwan are double cast as Yeonsan, and Lee Seung-hoon has played Jang-saeng for the past 10 years.

“The story of my acting career cannot be told without mentioning the play Yi. It is with great emotion that I return to the stage for its 10th anniversary performance,” said Oh, who rose to stardom with his performance in the original run.

Oh has now become a versatile actor with experience on the theatrical and musical stage as well as on the big and small screens.

“It is also meaningful because this will be my last time on stage as Gong-gil,” Oh announced.

The character Gong-gil is based on a real person mentioned in historical records from the period.

“I think Gong-gil was a very political person with an innate respect for authority, unlike how he appears,” the actor said. “When a mere court jester secures a government position, it means something.”

“I intend to focus on portraying how Gong-gil changes from a person with political ambitions into a true jester - which he in fact hated to become - after his lover Jang-saeng’s death,” he added.

Asked what will happen to the play past its 10th birthday, Oh said, “I think it is time for Yi to be upgraded and produced in a musical version.”

“In fact, I plan to participate in producing the musical version of Yi at the suggestion of writer Kim,” Oh said, adding that an attempt was made to mount a musical a few years ago in which he was not involved.

If the two can succeed where others failed, it will be familiar territory for Oh. The actor has experience producing the musical “The Harmonium in My Memory,” based on the 1999 movie of the same title.

“I’d like to produce a well-made musical for this great work, and I expect that audiences will be able to see it about two to three years from now.”

The revival of Yi opens on Feb. 27 and runs through March 21 at the Towol Theater at Seoul Arts Center. The play will be accompanied by a live traditional percussion quartet for the scenes featuring the jesters.

Shows begin at 8 p.m. on weekdays; 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturdays; and 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Sundays and public holidays. There are no performances on March 2, 8 and 15. Tickets are 40,000 won ($35) to 60,000 won. To reach the venue, head by subway to Nambu Bus Terminal Station, line No. 3, exit 5. For more information, visit www.sac.or.kr or call (02) 580-1301.

By Park Sun-young [spark0320@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2916675

wow..i'd watched the king and the clown. ljk was awesome there! :) great emotions, great acting. heh.

Hi krusty, this is the only drama of LJK that I haven't watched. In fact, up to now, I'm still searching for a DVD copy of this drama so I could watch it. Sigh............I regret for not grabbing one earlier. : :mellow::)

Korean actor Lee Jun-ki signs with new agency

2009121008160383666_1.jpg

Hallyu star Lee Jun-ki has signed with JG Company INC., a newly-established independent talenthouse which will solely manage Lee's career.

"His contract with Mentor Entertainment ended late January and has now decided to join our company," stated a representative from JG on Friday.

JG will follow Hollywood's one-man management system where an agency focuses its efforts on a single celebrity -- from tending to his schedule to his promotional work to his legal issues.

Lee, 27, has been one of the most popular stars in the Asian region since starring in the 2005 hit film "The King and the Clown."

He has also appeared in several dramas including "Iljimae" and the recent MBC TV series "Hero" where he played the role of a passionate magazine reporter. He won the People's Choice Popularity award at MBC's acting awards last year.

Reporter: Park So-hyun muse@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...021915254559812