Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Girls, I'm back! Too many sweet news beside our LDW's news, however, I still don't get it why most of K-audience got angry when LJK finally announce his dating status. Somehow, I also hope LDW could follow his steps soon -not the announcement but the dating part- Since now he's so skinny, he needs a woman whereas both of them could date in a fancy and delicious resto rather than just grab a beer, LOL

Loveeee that the real KWB wears the same suits, I think he realized KWB-fake popularity too after Goblin. LOL

• Like 7

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi NouraNasser Lee Dong-wook will take to the V app at 11 p.m. on the 12th of every month.  “‘On the Air’ will be in the format of a radio program, however, viewers will be able to watch him running the show. I heard that despite his busy schedule shooting various pictorials and commercials, he attended planning and production meetings of the upcoming V Live show. He's "DJ Dong-wook" now. :lol:

wow this sounds like fun so since the announcements on V app are in English as well does this mean that international fans can send stories as well or is it just for korean fans or fans who know korean ?

• Like 6

Lee Dong-wook to host ‘On the Air’

Lee Dong-wook will host “On the Air” from April 12 via the Naver V app, according to his agency Wednesday.

Lee Dong-wook will take to the V app at 11 p.m. on the 12th of every month,” King Kong by Starship said. “‘On the Air’ will be in the format of a radio program, however, viewers will be able to watch the actor running the show.”

The agency also said that Lee was enthusiastic in preparing for the broadcast. Despite his busy schedule shooting various pictorials and commercials, he attended planning and production meetings of the upcoming V Live show. 

“I will bring interesting content to you by being DJ Dong-wook,” Lee said on the V app Wednesday.

The actor started his Asia fan meeting tour in Seoul on March 12. The “For My Dear” tour is set to take place in six more countries, including Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Thailand, until June.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com) 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201704051725006850152_2

• Like 9

@noname111 congrats on buying ticket!:lol: I'm tempted to go cos I never been in Japan anf this can be great occasion haha. but I thought that you're from US. Are you flying to Japan? 

Btw that pic of him in white oversized sweatshirt is from last year's bts of shooting for Onstyle's My Bodyguard show. 

As to High Cut so called pictorial, I like that he has been captured with ladies. I would like to see him working with OYS even though I don't think she's great person. But she's nice actress. I regret that they haen't took this pic with JRW instead of LMJ. But LMJ is always hot topic cos she's LBH's wife. And OYS will have potential hit drama and movie soon. And Wookie...well it's our Wookie.  :D Man who can create masterpiece shot even from such random shooting place and enviroment.

Btw about his availability to create masterpiece. Here is one of those typical comments of ppl who see him working hahaha:

This person did catering for his photoshoot for Arena Korea in collaboration with Jimmy Choo. She said that every single shot he has taken was like a piece of art. haha. This Jimmy Choo pictorial reminds me of his collab with Cartier watches and jewellery. Can't wait for more. My collection of Korean magazines is growing rapidly.

Regarding this. @NouraNasser 

we can send our stories as well. Can't get what kind of stories we can share with him, but I bet that we can do it haha. let's be creative. I will send my message for sure.

UPD: I love this WangSun vid 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Regarding this. @NouraNasser 

we can send our stories as well. Can't get what kind of stories we can share with him, but I bet that we can do it haha. let's be creative. I will send my message for sure.

UPD: I love this WangSun vid 

yay thanks for answering ... tried to check out what time will 11 pm be for me here .. wow 4 pm that's right in the middle of my workday T_T .. probably won't be able to catch the live broadcast, at least not without a system down at work or something loll (Wishing for something bad lol bad girl) just kidding, hopefully I can catch the replay. 

btw this video is really something, the editing is just perfect and the coloring is great wow.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NouraNasser said:

wow this sounds like fun so since the announcements on V app are in English as well does this mean that international fans can send stories as well or is it just for korean fans or fans who know korean ?

Hi NouraNasser the video streaming app will have communication features enabling stars to closely interact with fans in Asia and elsewhere. For instance, the app can broadcast stars going to the Incheon Airport and letting their fans know that they are travelling to their countries for concerts or fan meetings, or show what they do minutes before performing live onstage. It starts broadcasting the world around them in real time.  We could get to see the lives of our idols unfold in front of our eyes. The app also gives you an opportunity to comment and to give them “hearts” and you can be sure that they will see them. So far the reviews from users have been generally positive. Other than the need to fix their English subtitles, V gives loyal fans an opportunity to connect to their Korean celebrities in a more intimate way.  You can download the app on both iOS and Android. Be sure to either have a Facebook or LINE account. There is no other log in options. The app is pretty simple and self-explanatory.:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi NouraNasser the video streaming app will have communication features enabling stars to closely interact with fans in Asia and elsewhere. For instance, the app can broadcast stars going to the Incheon Airport and letting their fans know that they are travelling to their countries for concerts or fan meetings, or show what they do minutes before performing live onstage. It starts broadcasting the world around them in real time.  We could get to see the lives of our idols unfold in front of our eyes. The app also gives you an opportunity to comment and to give them “hearts” and you can be sure that they will see them. So far the reviews from users have been generally positive. Other than the need to fix their English subtitles, V gives loyal fans an opportunity to connect to their Korean celebrities in a more intimate way.  You can download the app on both iOS and Android. Be sure to either have a Facebook or LINE account. There is no other log in options. The app is pretty simple and self-explanatory.:lol:

Hi @willenette well I have an account on V app don't worry lol I even subbed all wookie's videos in Arabic though it is not the best sub but I know he has a lot of Arab fans so I think that will help them. I was asking because the latest video has no eng sub so I thought the broadcast will only be available to people who know korean. Luckily it isn't  haha seriously I like the app a lot it is very fun. I used my twitter account for the app and it is perfect. thank you for the explanation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

should we participate don't you think girls?

We need to download app from Android or apple store to vote. And it costs smth. Anyways Apple's app is not ready yet. And no chances to beat PBG and GY. 

And Wookie has no nomination at Baeksang awards. they don't have secondary actor nomination and looks like he doesn't deserve to be nominated as a lead actor for his breathtaking performance in Goblin. Sigh. There is no justice in kent. 

Where else he has chances to get any award?

• Like 10

@Princi_86 I just read the BAA nominee for Best Actor and knew how you feel... I also upset :( if BAA has their own supporting actor category, I believe LDW will be the one who win that but I never think he'll be nominee as best actor too. As much as I love LDW, I realized those nominee deserved to be there bcos they lift their show up to reach more than 20% rating (except Goblin for smaller ratings). Han Suk Kyu is amazing as Dr Kim, and yes,I remember that YYS also didn't get any nominee too, poor KKE stars :( When I read the nominees, I think all of them was great during the past year -my only Q's is about Kim Rae Won and Ji Sung which also didn't get nominated since I believe they also deserved that, but well, having JJS and Namgoong Min is also a great one. My inner fangirl also asked how could they choose PBG over LDW's stellar performance as WY/GR?? But then... Moonlight surprised Kaudiences so much and it was even better than Moonlovers. At the end, I believe Han Suk Kyu will be very tight to tight with GY. If HSK win Daesang, maybe GY will be the who win the best actor or vice versa. Those votes depend on 5 judges, I remember last year got enough deprresed when SHK lost only 1 vote from Kim Hye Soo. Glad that now I don't need to feel that burden again.    

• Like 10

Hi guys,

Interesting topics about awards. Actually, although I would love Wookie to win awards but we all know the awards are not about acting but about ratings, I mean it is not really like Oscars and Academy Awards in which real acting does make a difference, rather than just box office. I mean look at Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp, has great box office ratings but he hasn't won an Oscar before, which is probably a bad examples as I think they are good actors.

Actually for me, after I got addicted to LDW, I cannot really watch other Korean actors without comparing them to LDW, so I cannot watch other Kdramas, unless someone says they are really exceptionally good. I get distracted by how exceptionally ugly and unattractive kdrama actors are in comparison i.e. Park BO Gum. His gayish smile really makes me feel uncomfortable.

It is good LDW has already won SBS award for Scent of a Woman and Strong heart, so he has got some awards up his sleeve. Although I must admit in terms of acting, Goblin is way up there, in terms of acting performance. I mean his crying scenes alone are really really good. But I am so thankful that Goblin did so well, that alone was such a miracle, all the love and popularity he got from Goblin with only a second lead role, that awards  may seem like icing on the cake at this point. All That love and popularity is what is going to get him fan meetings, commercial ads and his better choices for next project opportunities. Seriously he is an example of someone who changed their fate by making a path that was not suppose to be his (i.e. chasing the writer onto the plane and buying a plane ticket to get the grim reaper role).

For me, I am really worried about his next role. The ratings of his next role is going to make or break him at this point and keep this popularity thing going or not. I really hope the drama gods will give him ratings above 20%  for his next drama and then this will give him a real chance to get an award as well as an A grade actor status. Koreans viewers are always onto the next trendy actor in a heart beat and are not loyal so if I had to pray for Wookie to get something it is really in his next drama role to be really successful.

• Like 9

Hi Ladies! I'm also disappointed in the award nomination system. Regardless who will win or the success of other dramas and all of the nominated best actor category are the lead actors, i kinda hope they will give double nomination to two leads similar to dramas Mama and Punch from 2years ago. So sad. And he won't be able to attend the ceremony since he would be in HK for his FM. We have to wait until tvN award for his chance. How about Korea Drama Awards? But Baeksang is more prestigious...

Highcut preview with Wookie.

• Like 9

The category should be called Best actor in a leading roles of a high tv ratings drama :grimace: Korean Awards are a joke so we shouldn't be too disappointed

maybe someday there will be prestigious awards like oscars and SAG awards

all Korean awards are like Golden Globes and MTV movie awards <_<

• Like 8

Hallo ladies! New fan here. I'm from Auckland NZ. I've just finished watching Goblin and I :heart: Grim Reaper! I know this forum from my Malaysian friend here who's more active on other thread hahahaha. Should drag her here instead. Anyway, happy to be here! :D

• Like 11

this is so me haha

3 hours ago, onrainydays47 said:

Hallo ladies! New fan here. I'm from Auckland NZ. I've just finished watching Goblin and I :heart: Grim Reaper! I know this forum from my Malaysian friend here who's more active on other thread hahahaha. Should drag her here instead. Anyway, happy to be here! :D

Welcome :D yea drag her here,the more the merrier 

• Like 11