Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@joyezz @willenette  My thoughts as well. I was eagerly waiting for the trailer or atleast some stills of the amnesiac grim reaper with either goblin or Sunny. Disappointed there.

I thought Dramagods have been good to me this year & I'll be more than happy to see my fav. actor twice a week for a few months again. But, the marketing team really seems to be laid back. There is already a mention of Lee Min Hoo's drama everywhere. 

I’m more excited about the sexy grim reaper and the sunny seductress pairing than the lead couple. They were stunning together in the MAMA awards. Atleast one trailer of them would be +100 for us !!!

@joyezz Wookie always wanted to direct. This is from one of his interviews.
"Although I don't have a specific story in mind, later on I want to have the opportunity. I want to explore an intricate storyline revolving around a man and 5 women", said Lee.

He is definitely multifaceted. Fab actor, good singer, stunning model, fashionista, great MC (I still remember his impromptu MCing with Seho in Roommate Ep 7/8. He was too good) and direction. I really liked the way in which the story is told in the MV. And typical Wookie, not a happy ending for the MV!!!

• Like 3

@winterdew I tried but everytime they release new stuff without him,I can't help but feel disappointed. Not even one pic of our Grim Reaper. The teaser for TLOBS is better than Goblin teaser imo. I agree, Goblin team must come out with better marketing. A trailer showing more than one actor maybe :rolleyes:

@lucifercorner If he want to direct a movie or tv series,I hope he will be the actor too. I want to see him in front of the camera too :) thanks for the video,I haven't seen it before :heart: cheer up this thread a bit :) 

• Like 2

@joyezz i don't want  to start whinning again but it is not one man show ,:grimace:World has passed this notions already ,it is teamwork and package ,though we tottally understand we are talking about 10 millions worth star .i am afraid after all this long they promote for the female lead next :anguished:

• Like 3

@joyezz indeed, Indonesian are really into k-dramas and k-pop. As far I see, SJK Captain Yoo's fever is still strong in here. Sadly, I never meet one of LDW's fan (bcos I'm the newbie, LOL). Now I'm still waiting patiently for LDW's Goblin teaser. My gut say around mid Nov, his teaser will finally come out. Let's stay positive guys 

• Like 3

@giegie I saw a lot of comments in Indonesian on his official facebook and instagram :lol: some of them really funny.So you are Indonesian? me too :) 

I just finished watching Blade man,his character is very adorable haha I like it more than Bubblegum 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joyezz said:

@MaysoonD I have a feeling they will show the female lead next too, she is already shown in the poster :( from the comments on social media, a lot of fans are very exited for Wookie in the drama too 

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

@joyezz Do you mean international fans or Korean fans ?coz i am sure international fans are looking forward for both Wookie and GY in Goblin but i am not sure about koreans :grimace:especially Knetizens i am used to call them hard to pleased fans 

i'm gong yoo fan but i'm waiting for GY LDW chemistry together too i read all comments about this drama in Korean , English , Arabic all are waiting for GY, LDW scenes together more than love lines in this drama

And i guess they use GY pics videos just to attract all korean attention after he became 10 million actor and 2 hit movies in the same year  but i don't think GY 'll be happy from that because he said many times he doesn't like one man show

Honestly, until now i feel TVN doesn't 've promotion plan they just release some videos and pics of gong yoo all didn't tell any thing about his character or drama i just loved video of script reading , video of GY when he said you'll meet furious God

so let wait and see , it's so early to judge them now especially the writer is KES , she knows how to attract fans :)

• Like 5

@joyezz @lucifercorner@MaysoonD Let's stay positive, guys! Like @giegie and @winterdew

for sure we'll have Wookie's teaser as well, just some patience required. Well, a lot haha. Today I've came to conclusion that they don't have any clue yet how they'll promote this drama (almost like @princess nour90 said). And most likely they have filmed only Gong Yoo's teasers before heading to Canada. They'll return and film for others as well. I guess fan cam pics of Wookie, YIN, KGE and YSJ were them filming some scenes, but not first teaser worth. If you have watched tvN's first teasers for other dramas, they're always not  those scenes which are aired in the drama. So I guess that makes sence why we don't have teasers for other characters. 

And ofc tvN are trying to attract ppl to follow Goblin because of Gong Yoo and his 10mln viewers movie and another hit movie which have been ended just recently, so they need to catch up the wave of buzz around him. Actually I don't mind it if it'll bring attention to drama and as a result it'll be hit drama. It will be beneficial for Wookie. But...I honestly don't find this attention. Neither on Naver, nor on Naver cast, in SNS as well. Like some of you has noticed, that you can see buzz around TLOTBS everywhere and they've just released 1 teaser, but what a traser(!!!) this teaser captivates even me who craving to watch "competitor" drama "Goblin". And their first teaser has got 1mln of viewed just within 1 day. And what we have for Goblin? Absolutely not informative stills and 3-4 similar so called teasers. @princess nour90 Agree with you, that the one where GY is in hoodie is good one, but still not that good to attract buzz. As well as script reading video. Have you noticed that those teasers and script reading video had smth around 20-40k views (being released few days). To promote them tvN has used their popular strategy of contests for sharing video on blogs and SNS (I have seen this strategy with few other tvN dramas) and that's how we've got 200k of viewers for each video just in 1 day.  I don't want to sound like jealous LDW fan. That's not true. I wish this drama all succes even if they need to use GY's current status to bring attention. But like I've said many times in this thread - star power it's not the only thing which brings ppl's attention. You could notice it in some dramas this year, like Entertainer or Good Wife, Lucky Romance or Scarlett Heart, etc. all dramas have been star studded but none of them reached good ratings. Some of them like Scarlett Heart are still loved by audience, but to be considered a hit you need both - massive popularity and great ratings. And you know that GY is not in his 20s or early 30th to have tons of teenage girls fans who'll be flooding news and videos with comments and likes. That's why tvN should do smth different. At least to release very good teasers and to show why we all here and in Goblin's thread think that this drama has fresh and captivating storyline. And they really need to do it faster cos if TLOTBS and Entourage will win Korean's attention, there will be very few chances for Goblin to become a hit in terms of buzz. I believe that ratings will be good enough, but we need great ratings and buzz, right?:)) Cos our oppas are not that young anymore to have so many time to choose another hit drama project.

Guys, and you have discussed that Wookie is anticipated by international audience and if he's anticipated in Korea. I'm trying to check everything about Goblin both internationally and in Korean news. Internationally they're equally anticipated even though we haven't even got Wookie's stills or teasers. Yes, GY is anticipated more in Korea, but don't worry, people are waiting  for Wookie and cheering him up as well. Agree with our chingu Gong Yoo's fan that they're even waiting more for bromance then romance. But it can change when we'll get couple's teasers or stills. I know that we still have 1,5 monthes to receive all of that, but I'm worried, I can't stop to worry. Lol. Even though I understand that it's too early to worry. Heh 

Again sorry for long post.

• Like 4

@Princi_86 you're welcome and i'll always spread positive energy :wub:

I've feeling it'll be successful ,hit drama too but it won't be like " TLOTBS  " since it has two big names and hallyu stars and we should accept it  and i want tell you something successful drama doesn't need actors in their 20s i mean look at gong hyo jin , Ha ji won dramas are successful and they're in late 30s 

successful dramas need good cast, good plot and our drama"Goblin" has these aspects and if really this writer , director portray characters as we read it 'll be hit 

• Like 4

@princess nour90 thanks for stopping by to cheer us up :) 

14 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@winterdew @giegie @princess nour90 Thank you for spreading positive vibes in your latest posts. I hope we all here will get your positive vibes right into our veins and will survive this period of awaiting for proper promotion and updates on Wookie.:sweatingbullets:

yea thanks for being positive :) 

@Princi_86  It makes me upset to see them ignore him like that

Image result for lee dong wook gif

I should stop following Goblin news until they release something with Wooki

• Like 4

Hello chingus! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Here are a couple of videos on Wookie being introduced as Oliver Sweeney's brand representative in Korea... something for us to celebrate while we wait (patiently) for updates on Goblin :) 

• Like 4

@joyezz yes, I'm Indonesian based in Jakarta, how about you? Where do you live? When Goblin finally aired, maybe we need to watch together for LDW. 

Whoaaaaa LDW looked so fabulous in his Oliver Sweeney ads! I'm in Seoul right now, if I catched up his standing banner I'll post it in soompi. I saw one SeHo's ads in Myeondong cosmetic store but so far, none of LDW's ads

• Like 4