Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

23 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

@giegie @Princi_86 this is my first fangirling experience. Hence, I guess, took things a little personally. Need to loosen up. Felt great & light after interacting with u all & blurting out my feelings. Thanks for being there:heart:

For Goblin, So long as we get to see Wookie twice a week, I am good. I am watching a few current dramas. Trust me, The content is so bad & still people flock & swear by them for the pretty flower boys (not my type though) who act in it. So, the ratings are purely going to be based on many other external factors inspite of being a good drama (hopefully) :P

Fingers crossed for Wookie & Goblin

Hi lucifercorner, ye, it will be a Friday-Saturday drama following The K2 in December. Can’t wait! :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz I know he has modelled for some prominent brands, but not sure if he has ever walked the runway. Maybe fellow chingus in the thread might know if he has? :)

Thanks for sharing the article :) Had me smiling/laughing and nodding at pretty much all the reasons listed. Hahaha. Swooning helplessly at #3, #4, #6 and #7. #9 warms my heart; he is such a grounded guy even though he works in an industry that can be superficial at times. And for #12, I guess that's one of the main reasons he's won over many of us here. 

Lee Dong Wook: Creating unrealistic expectations in men since 1981 :P

Well his good friend model-turned actress Song Ji Hyo has walked the runway maybe they can walk it together in the near future ;)

http://67.media.tumblr.com/b1ff00130372e5c40d4aec3ce4bc554a/tumblr_o6fynpvRWJ1tz1belo1_1280.jpg

• Like 4

I'm experiencing troubles with posting on Soompi..idk why. And I can't delete or modify my previous post. Oh.

1 hour ago, joyezz said:

@winterdew @mary-ann

I found one video of him walking the runway but very short

If I'm not mistaken he has walked runway right after MG in Seoul, but I'm not sure. And this video should be from his Thailand trip where he also walked runway. It was when he was promoting Arang movie (if I'm not mistaken). But like you and @winterdew said he really runway material. He should model more. And wich his noble manly mixed features he can easily model big world brands at least for Asia. Like he did before with Cartier.^^ Hopefully we'll see it in the nearest future. 

• Like 6

Hi, chingus. Hope all of you're spending great time. I always keep in my prayers that we'll get some stills of Wang Yeo ion upcoming days. But most likely it will be Kim Go Eun's stills which will be released first. I don't care much of the order, if Wookie's stills will be juicy haha. Regarding video teasers, I doubt they we'll get smth new soon. TvN has started Goblin's promotion earlier then they always do for dramas, but I guess it's because of tvN 10 Anniversary festival. They wanted to introduce Goblin there. 

@longleg oh where have you seen Wookie's name in video teasers after Gong Yoo's? 
Yes, I've noticed that almost in every article and on Naver drama's profile Wookie's name comes after GY's. I guess, that the situation seems to next: Goblin is titular central character and all others are considered main leads, who'll share common storylines with goblin and their separate. And I think that the order of let's say character's value in this drama will be next: goblin, grim reaper, goblin's bride, grim reaper's love interest, chaebol guy, goblin's bride's friend, etc. At least I hope that'll be like this. Nevertheless, I'm going to support Wookie and this drama.

@giegie although I'm a bit disappointed that it's not for TROS upcoming ep, I'm so happy to see that the bond between Wookie and this family is growing off come and nevertheless of show. That's only proves what a great person our Wookie is. Like you said in your posts, no one of Joon's friends can say a bad word of him. He was praised by so many people in Roommate and he has so many friends from among celebs, who really likes him. From recent Jackson who has called him on radio to say how he misses his hyun, Young Ji who has mentioned Wookie as her teacher and friend with whom she stays in touch after RM ended, Cho SeHo who constantly mentions him and he and his family where so greatful for Wookie's support when Cho SeHo wasn't popular, Song JiHye, who's calling him when she needs assistance and who he called female friend, Lee Deok Hwa (his father in Hotel King) who has said during Roommate appearance that Wookie is 95% perfect person and he justified  why not 100% cos no one in this world can be perfect for 100%, he has shared so stories from
roommate set when Wookie was acting like a perfect person letting older cast and women to finish their shooting earlier then him, who was the main lead and titular character. And among all of young actors with whom this veteran actor has been working Wookie was chosen to greet him when he has been receiving lifetime achievement award on SBS. That means a lot. And in Strong Heart there were so many people praising his kind and generous personality. And it's only the part of the list. We know what a caring brother and son he is, that he was paying from his school years for sister's study and that he has supported his parents started to work early. In Bts of dramas and shows we can notice how caring he is towards his co-stars nevertheless of age, with long time friends with whom he's more comfortable (like Lee Da Hae,  Song Ji Hyo, Bae Jong Ok) and rather new partners (like Jung RyeoWon, Kim Sun Ah). But the most caring he is to the child co-stars in Mandate of Heaven, Blade man and now with TROS kids. I honestly have no wonder why he has been shipped with so many female celebs by their fangirls even though he has never been extremely popular (Lee Da Hae, Kim Sun Ah, Song Ji Hyo, Jessica Jung, Park Bom, Nana, Jung RyeoWon Won). If those fangirl would only knew how perfect he is they would regret even more then their ship hasn't sailed. 
So I'm 100% with that he has got much more then appreciation of him as a decent actor. Instead of Daesang for acting he has got a lot of Daesangs for being awesome person. But on the other hand I know for sure that with his ambitious character he want to be appreciated for his job and works the most. 
And even more then kids I wish him to receive recognition, cos from what I know about him - recognition is what will make his totally happy and confident. Only then he'll be able to have family, kids...and to join TROS. 

Sorry for such a long post. But this guy deserves even longer appreciation post lol. I hope you won't be bothered reading it, guys. :wub:

• Like 8

@Princi_86 Agreed with you, I'm a lil bit sad bcos we couldn't see LDW's interaction with Daebak and the twins again, but the fact he visited them off camera is 100% sweet moment! And yes, like you said it's another prove that LDW is definitely a great person. Thanks for writing the facts of LDW's good relationship with K-ent celebrities. I'm a newbie as LDW's fan so I still need to catch up, and the way you describe him make me love him more and more! I always giggle when every fangirls shipped him with another celebs. Deep inside my heart, I want him to be happy with LDH, but you know, with LDH's dating news, this ship is now becoming a history. I don't know if he's now dating someone for sure but in other thread, there's rumor he's dating an idol. Personally, I'm okay with it as long as he's happy even if I always think he's just like a big brother to that idol girl but who knows, love comes in unexpected way too.

I also hope someday he gets Daesang (even if the K-awards itself are so controversial nowadays LOL). Anyway, I just imagined if LDW as cold grim reaper reminded me with.... Severus Snape. LOL. Both of them have a milky skin and Rickman was so good in portraying Snape. I hope LDW will be as good as Rickman

• Like 7

9 hours ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz I know he has modelled for some prominentj brands, but not sure if he has ever walked the runway. Maybe fellow chingus in the thread might know if he has? :)

Thanks for sharing the article :) Had me smiling/laughing and nodding at pretty much all the reasons listed. Hahaha. Swooning helplessly at #3, #4, #6 and #7. #9 warms my heart; he is such a grounded guy even though he works in an industry that can be superficial at times. And for #12, I guess that's one of the main reasons he's won over many of us here. 

Lee Dong Wook: Creating unrealistic expectations in men since 1981 :P

@winterdewExactly my feelings :blush: So in love with this incredible man, with a heart so soft, dashing features and a sharp mind

@joyezz  Guess he walked with the second lead in my girl Though not sure of the details. But, love U loads for sharing the links:)))

Swoon worthy :wub:

• Like 7

@Princi_86 i love every word you said about Wookie coz your words are very true ,Thats Wookie i love ,i have never been a fangirl ,it is my first time in my Whole life to follow an actor/actress that way ,i subscribed in all his fan accounts and even in my busy days i feel obliged to up date his thread if any and i tried to convince my only  friend who is into k drama to like him to give me the chance to talk about him in Work and in our gathering :grin:.

I am sorry for being frustrated the other day but i can't forget Wookie in Rommate when he was talking about his career and the nightmares he had and his confidence ,etc all his words popped up into my head when teasers ,stills of goblin released .but i am okay now and i don't care about anything as long he is confident and satsified ,his pic with the kids gave me the feel he is happy these days and ofc i am gonna support Wookie in Goblin .i am with Wookie all the way :heart:

• Like 7

@everyone

I think his grim reaper will be something like Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black :)Handsome and sexy grim reaper :D and cute and funny too

0.43 from the director of scent of a woman :D

They better give him a lot of screentime in Goblin :angry:

• Like 6

@joyezz Morning chingu! I haven't seen this movie before, but from the looks of the trailer, I can most definitely see how the Goblin could be similar to Joe Black. So fitting that they both play Death/Angel of Death. Handsome and sexy with a dark side to his character. And comedic moments from him trying to understand how humans live. This got me even more excited for Goblin. And I feel even more reassured of his choice now, because if written well, the role of the grim reaper could be so delightfully dark and intriguing. And who better to play the role than versatile and talented Wookie? :D

I hope he will get significant screentime in Goblin too. If we are to trust the information that has been released on the drama so far, he should get a good amount of screentime and good character development. We'll have to wait and see :) 

• Like 7

@Princi_86 Thank you for sharing all the wonderful stories on Wookie's relationships with his fellow celebs :) I especially love the part on Lee Deok Hwa sharing that Wookie let the older cast members finish their shoot before him, and how of the so many actors he's worked with, Wookie was chosen to greet him when he received his lifetime achievement award. Like you said, that speaks volumes on how wonderful Wookie is as a person, for a veteran actor to speak and think so highly of him :) Seeing how kind he is to everyone around him, regardless of their age, inspires me to become a better person too. And you summed it up really well when you said that instead of getting a Daesang for acting, Wookie got many Daesangs for being a wonderful person. I feel that's a far higher honour than a Daesang for acting, especially when the awards seem to be more popularity-based. That said, I certainly hope he gets the recognition he deserves for his work as an actor.

@giegie I really like that you pointed out Snape. Alan Rickman's portrayal of Snape has got to be one of the most memorable aspects of the Harry Potter films. I thought of Snape when I was thinking of characters who weren't the protagonist in a film/drama but ended up leaving a deep impression on the minds of viewers, long after the show has ended. I hope it will be the same for the grim reaper. Snape and the grim reaper are both anti-heroes (at least, what I think and hope the grim reaper will be based on what has been revealed about the character so far), and both characters are played by talented actors. I too hope that Wookie will someday be admired and respected in the K-ent industry as much as Alan Rickman is by the film industry. I can't wait for December!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz Morning chingu! I haven't seen this movie before, but from the looks of the trailer, I can most definitely see how the Goblin could be similar to Joe Black. So fitting that they both play Death/Angel of Death. Handsome and sexy with a dark side to his character. And comedic moments from him trying to understand how humans live. This got me even more excited for Goblin. And I feel even more reassured of his choice now, because if written well, the role of the grim reaper could be so delightfully dark and intriguing. And who better to play the role than versatile and talented Wookie? :D

I hope he will get significant screentime in Goblin too. If we are to trust the information that has been released on the drama so far, he should get a good amount of screentime and good character development. We'll have to wait and see :) 

yea I hope the writer can deliver the grim reaper role to meet up our expectation ;) I am not familiar with the writer,is she focus on main character only and second lead just a filler ?

@Princi_86 watch DOTS for the secondary couple so that's give me hope

• Like 4

@Princi_86 i made a screenshot of Wookie's name in the teaser but i don't know how to upload here :sweatingbullets: anyways, his name comes 4th after writer, pd and Gongyoo. So i assume his role is as important as goblin's role. 

Spoiler

I'm so glad that this thread has become so active! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, joyezz said:

yea I hope the writer can deliver the grim reaper role to meet up our expectation ;) I am not familiar with the writer,is she focus on main character only and second lead just a filler ?

@Princi_86 watch DOTS for the secondary couple so that's give me hope

@joyezz I'm not the best person to answer this as I've only watched Secret Garden among all her projects. But if I were to base it on what I watched in SeGa, I'd say she has the ability to make her secondary characters very charming and likeable. And the secondary couple there was given good story development and significant screentime. It was one of the rare times I was actually really interested in the secondary characters. I've heard it's the same for DOTS. Some of my friends who have watched it share @Princi_86's sentiments on the drama (that they preferred the secondary couple).

I think, based on what I've gathered from people who have watched the drama... if someone isn't already biased towards the main leads, there's a good chance they will end up liking the secondary couple just as much, or if not, even more than the main couple :)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, winterdew said:

@joyezz Aww yes, I think he looks really handsome with his fringe up :)

Here's another photo:

But at the same time, I also love it when he has fringe, as long as it's not too long, messy or curly :sweatingbullets:

:wub:

:wub:

yea longer fringe is ok.looks cute but fringe up is hawt haha 

I think longer sideburn suits him too

• Like 6

Hi, chingus! Great to see here lively convo^^ Can't join fully since so busy with work, but I sure will. 

@longleg I've got the point with teaser. I've asked chingu @winterdew to help to recognize Wookie's name lol. What we've came to is that yes, Wookie's name appears after GY's (like in most of official news and on Naver Goblin's profile), but only first three names (KES, LEB, GY) are emphasized, and then all names appeares fast. Lol. In any case we should accept the fact, that titular character is Goblin, and that the most significant screen time will be GY's and that pall promotion will be centered on him cos of his TTB blockbuster movie and succesful AOS, and that we'll see mostly his face on all promo materials (posters, teasers, stills), but...Wookie still should have very significant role there, maybe even more then female lead. And it's enough for me cos he'll be playing Grim Reaper, who's the only likable supernatural character in all supernatural dramas I have watched. 

And yes, as @joyezz has mentioned, our Grim Reaper will probably be Korean dark haired version of Brad Pitt's Joe Black and Omo, this is my fav role of this American actor. And one of my fav romantic movies which has moved me so much. I really see similarities in Wookie's GR descriptions with Joe Black. The only two things I wish are: hope he'll be a bit more darker (cos Wookie rocks dark roles), and I hope the ending for GR won't be so freaking sad as for Brad Pitt's and Jung Il Woo's grim reapers. Coz at the end of the day Grim Reaper is already dead. ;(((

• Like 4