Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Finally we got to see Wookie! He looks so damn fine! I dont know how to wait till December. 

Since you guys are talking about his works I have a question. What do you think about "Mandate of Heaven"? Because it's the only drama i couldn't watch. I actually started the drama but couldn't even finish 1st episode. It was kind of weird, i mean very awkward. :grimace: Is it only me? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, longleg said:

Finally we got to see Wookie! He looks so damn fine! I dont know how to wait till December. 

Since you guys are talking about his works I have a question. What do you think about "Mandate of Heaven"? Because it's the only drama i couldn't watch. I actually started the drama but couldn't even finish 1st episode. It was kind of weird, i mean very awkward. :grimace: Is it only me? 

Mandate of Heaven is actually good.its well-paced As the story progresses. Wookie was utterly convincing in the father's role. The side characters were also awesome.

But I guess this will be my first & last historical drama.

How about Arang & precious family? These are the only two I've not watched yet

• Like 4

On 2016/9/14 at 9:31 PM, Princi_86 said:

ANNOUNCEMENT! LET'S SUPPORT LEE DONG WOOK AND HIS UPCOMING DRAMA!!!

1445253931040_zpstke7bdh8.jpg  

Dear Lee Dong Wook fans,
Since his new drama as well as his Birthday are approaching, together with other long-term fans, we want to initiate 2 fan projects:

1. Food truck on set (we'll try to organize it around his Birthday date to congratulate him in this way). This will be co-project with few other small fan clubs or fan communities who can't handle full truck from their fan club only. It will be first time when international fans (not talking about big Korean, Japanese, Chinese fan clubs) will support Wookie on set, so please, don't fail to take part. 
2. Rice wreath on "Goblin"'s press conference. 
 Food truck is most important here, that's why the total amount of rice we donate will depend entirely on the amount of donations we receive and how much we'll contribute to food truck (minimum contribution from fan club to participate in food support is 350$ USD), the rest will go for rice wreath. Your donation, in whatever amount, will thus be highly appreciated!
Please be sure that we will put your name/nickname and country on related banners in both projects.

It's not easy to organize everything, that's why we have tough deadlines to receive donations from you:
7th October*
*sooner will be highly appreciated. But if someone will fail to send in time but will send for sure later, inform me and we'll count on you in terms of rice wreath for which we'll pay closer to December.

There is no minimum amount.
You can send your donation on PayPal account of @lhl_lilian PayPal: lhl_lilian@yahoo.com who'll be in charge of collecting money (both from us and other fan clubs) and then paying for food truck. Please, put next message while sending money: "LDW project from ___ " and please mention if you're from Soompi or another forum/SNS. And please inform me and/or @lhl_lilian that you have sent money.

The other option is to send through Western Union or Money Gram to our insider chingu @wishbone26 who will help to control implementing of this projects on the final stage in Seoul. In case of sending through Western Union, please text @wishbone26 in private message to find out the details for sending. Since @wishbone26 is busy to check Soompi frequently, you can put me in a copy and I will ask her to check message box.

Of course PayPal is preferable since there will be less commission and for us it will be cheaper to pay for everything from one account, then to organize re-sendings. 

If we'll face difficulties in sending food support on set (that might happen because of schedule changes and place of shooting), then we will keep you updated on this case and will stick to Plan B (we will buy presents for Wookie to his Birthday and deliver it either on set or to his agency + we'll do bigger rice support). But we're positive that we'll be able to implement initial plan with food truck and rice wreath.  

We ask you to promote this project among other Lee Dong Wook fans you know (either on other forums, or SNS) to attract more people. 

You can check our previous projects here.

Last year we've organized together with other fan clubs "Happy Birthday" advertising in Seoul's subway and our own "Soompi LDW fans" rice wreath stand at "Bubblegum"'s press conference.

Please, help us to show Lee Dong Wook that he has loyal international fans from different a parts of the world!!! 
Even small contribution will lead us to our goal - to show Wookie how we love and support him! 
If you have any questions, comments or advices, don't hesitate to post here or text me in direct message. 

For your reference here is example of food support from other fan clubs:
o53LSaV9b6g.jpg
image-14-09-16-04-17.png?id=14738591010000000707%3B0%3B1&x-email=nastya_bon%40inbox.ru&exif=1&bs=2004&bl=3067162&ct=image%2Fpng&cn=image%252d14%252d09%252d16%252d04%252d17.png&cte=binary

Hihi Havent been here for quite some time ><

@Princi_86 thanks for taking lead of the two projects for Wookie birthday^^ Hav joined last year n glad to take part for this year toooooo^^

• Like 3

11 Actor Pairs Who Have Played Couples More Than Once

Thinking about couples that reunite onscreen is like a chicken-and-egg question. Were they cast in more than one drama together because of how good they look together and how great their chemistry is? Or did they develop that chemistry by having worked with each other previously?

Like the chicken-and-egg question, perhaps we will never find out. What’s most important, though, is that we drama fans get to enjoy these awesome couples more than once!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae

I remember the day “Hotel King” was announced. Oh yes I do!

“My Girl” was the first K-drama I watched and went crazy over, and it meant so much to me (and all the older K-drama fans out there) that Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae were reuniting in another drama.

As you might expect from a reunion nine years after the first collaboration, “Hotel King” is quite unlike “My Girl” in terms of the story being more mature and heavier. The chemistry between the two is unbeatable, though.

credit : soompi news

• Like 6

9 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

Mandate of Heaven is actually good.its well-paced As the story progresses. Wookie was utterly convincing in the father's role. The side characters were also awesome.

But I guess this will be my first & last historical drama.

How about Arang & precious family? These are the only two I've not watched yet

@MaysoonDThere are some episodes of precious family in YouTube. Wookie looks very young & different

A word of caution!!! I read it somewhere that precious family has many topless scenes of Wookie

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

@MaysoonDThere are some episodes of precious family in YouTube. Wookie looks very young & different

A word of caution!!! I read it somewhere that precious family has many topless scenes of Wookie

Hi lucifercorner, awww..........really? I know this drama is quite old & I haven't watched this. And I heard this is a very long EP drama & I don't really dig long dramas. But, I heard that this is a top-rated K-family drama & is one of the best-rated series in Korea during its entire telecast. It dominated the top ratings for weeks over the weekends when it was aired.  Dong Wook acted in this drama before taking up ‘My Girl’. I've seen some of the clips & I can say that this drama is very heart-warming as it shows how closely knitted this family is. :P

• Like 3

@mulankang It's funny that you mentioned losing sleep over watching his dramas, because that's what I'm experiencing now too! Hahaha. I think I've lost a considerable amount of sleep over the past few months when catching up on his dramas, but hey, it was totally worthwhile :P Happy to hear you enjoyed Wild Romance! He was so good in it, wasn't he? It probably isn't quite the case for many of his fans, but WR was the drama that convinced me he was different from the typical K-drama actor. Before that, I'd seen him play the perfect guy in dramas like MG and SOAW, and he was amazing in both dramas, but seeing him play such a different character was so refreshing. And like you mentioned, his comedy skills are amazing there. I also agree with you that he had such great chemistry with the actress even though they didn't have many sweet/romantic scenes. Another reason why WR was so fun to watch :) I wish the drama got more recognition than it did.

About My Girl, I can totally see where you're coming from. The drama was filmed and aired more than a decade ago, so I'm guessing it was more reflective of the fashion/styles of that time. Hahaha. It wasn't weird back then, but after having recently rewatched it, I'm finding their dressing a little dated. And the first couple of episodes are a little too over-the-top, because it's meant to be funny in an exaggerated way. But once you get past the first few eps, it gets a lot better. Even after having seen him in more complex roles, I still enjoy his role there when I rewatch it, because I can appreciate how he could impress even in a simple role. I guess that's the LDW effect :lol: So which drama of his are you watching now? I'm currently watching La Dolce Vita and will be done with his dramas after this! Planning to watch his films and reality/variety shows after this. I'm sure Roommate will be fun to watch!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi lucifercorner, awww..........really? I know this drama is quite old & I haven't watched this. And I heard this is a very long EP drama & I don't really dig long dramas. But, I heard that this is a top-rated K-family drama & is one of the best-rated series in Korea during its entire telecast. It dominated the top ratings for weeks over the weekends when it was aired.  Dong Wook acted in this drama before taking up ‘My Girl’. I've seen some of the clips & I can say that this drama is very heart-warming as it shows how closely knitted this family is. :P

True that. Watched a little in youtube here & there, but couldn't find a proper link to watch all the episodes with eng subs.

Wookie was very chirpy & cute till what I saw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winterdew said:

@mulankang It's funny that you mentioned losing sleep over watching his dramas, because that's what I'm experiencing now too! Hahaha. I think I've lost a considerable amount of sleep over the past few months when catching up on his dramas, but hey, it was totally worthwhile :P Happy to hear you enjoyed Wild Romance! He was so good in it, wasn't he? It probably isn't quite the case for many of his fans, but WR was the drama that convinced me he was different from the typical K-drama actor. Before that, I'd seen him play the perfect guy in dramas like MG and SOAW, and he was amazing in both dramas, but seeing him play such a different character was so refreshing. And like you mentioned, his comedy skills are amazing there. I also agree with you that he had such great chemistry with the actress even though they didn't have many sweet/romantic scenes. Another reason why WR was so fun to watch :) I wish the drama got more recognition than it did.

About My Girl, I can totally see where you're coming from. The drama was filmed and aired more than a decade ago, so I'm guessing it was more reflective of the fashion/styles of that time. Hahaha. It wasn't weird back then, but after having recently rewatched it, I'm finding their dressing a little dated. And the first couple of episodes are a little too over-the-top, because it's meant to be funny in an exaggerated way. But once you get past the first few eps, it gets a lot better. Even after having seen him in more complex roles, I still enjoy his role there when I rewatch it, because I can appreciate how he could impress even in a simple role. I guess that's the LDW effect :lol: So which drama of his are you watching now? I'm currently watching La Dolce Vita and will be done with his dramas after this! Planning to watch his films and reality/variety shows after this. I'm sure Roommate will be fun to watch!

Hi winterdew, this drama is good - All I can say is Wow. That being said, this is an adult drama. I remember LDW once said that he watched his own bed scene from the drama with his parents & he felt awkward.  He said that usually his father asks him many questions about the love scenes he has filmed in the past, but during this one he was gravely quiet. Hahaha - Her mother just left the room and called a friend. The Sapporo scenes are breathtaking in their beauty. Lee Dong Wook seems to fit his character very wellI think the title Bittersweet Life is more apt than La Dolce Vita. But, there's already a movie with the same title starring Lee Byung Hun. Oh Yeon Soo's acting is brilliantly amazing in this drama. If you like LDW in "My Girl" then do not watch this as he is in another different level and he is so good that you will not see Gong Chan no more but Jun Soo - a pathetic , psychotic and passionate man in this drama.LDW continued to make this character interesting. Without knowing/understanding the past, it is impossible to appreciate or "get" this drama. :P

• Like 5

@willenette Thanks for sharing your thoughts on La Dolce Vita :) Yes, I have heard many good things about the drama and how he is vastly different in it as compared to his other roles. And what amazes me even more is that he took up this role in the earlier years of his career, which further shows his determination to prove his worth as an actor. Actually, the first couple of dramas of his that I'd watched are MG and SOAW. He was great in those dramas, but it was his more complex roles in dramas like HK and BM that won me over completely. Granted, I do not see the same Gong Chan when I rewatch MG now, but I'm still able to enjoy his character there as much as I did before. And even more so, it's made me appreciate his versatility in being able to excel in light-hearted, complex and even darker roles. I'm still in the midst of watching the drama, and I agree with you, he character is delightfully intriguing, being like you said, passionate, psychotic and pathetic all at once. I will come to fully understand why everyone raves about his role in the drama when I've finished watching it :) 

And thanks for sharing that bit on his parents' reaction upon seeing his love scenes in LDV. Hahaha, that must have been so awkward and funny. Poor LDW :sweatingbullets: But I must say it was very tastefully and beautifully done.

• Like 3

@lucifercorner though  Wookie's acting in LDV is the best among all his drama's performance but what made me didn't watch it more than once rather than it was too heavy for me ,is the fact  I get attached to that drama to the extent I refused his death , I even hated his lover for being too week to prevent him from committing suicide , I know I might be exaggerated but I couldn't stand she was not able to help him and protect him as he did with her , she was too helpless and that annoyed me very much .

she witnessed his death for god sake and did nothing :bawling:

Image result for lee dong wook in korean drama la dolce vita

• Like 3

Speaking of Wookie's previous dramas , BM was one of my favorite , though it could be executed better in terms of writing yet I have re watched it many times

uri leedongwookaddicts has shared this awesome scene .how can you describe this facial expression in words ?

• Like 3

On 23 September 2016 at 6:24 PM, MaysoonD said:

@lucifercorner though  Wookie's acting in LDV is the best among all his drama's performance but what made me didn't watch it more than once rather than it was too heavy for me ,is the fact  I get attached to that drama to the extent I refused his death , I even hated his lover for being too week to prevent him from committing suicide , I know I might be exaggerated but I couldn't stand she was not able to help him and protect him as he did with her , she was too helpless and that annoyed me very much .

she witnessed his death for god sake and did nothing :bawling:

Image result for lee dong wook in korean drama la dolce vita

Trust me, I had the same feelings when I watched the drama. I found the female protoganist so weak & weird. Even when I rewatched, I stopped with ep 21.

really appreciate Wookie to pick such an unconventional subject that too in his hay days soon after the big popularity in My Girl.

Wookie's acting was classy and top grade which I haven't seen in any Kactors. 

• Like 3