Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

13 minutes ago, joyezz said:

@Princi_86 I just remember some interesting thing KES shared at the press con .She said she asked the director to shoot  close up and focus on their faces.Idk she meant for the 2 actors or all 5 of them :)

thank for your guide to tranfer gif ^_^

Oh that's why we already have many close ups even in teasers. Well, I don't mind Wookie's close ups. He looks adorable zoomed. But normanny it's quite risky to make close ups. Not everyone has flawless skin or refined features. But there shouldn't be much problems with the rest of the cast as well. I only begging LEB not to make a lot slow motion like he did in DOTS. For me it's bad taste from American blockbuster movies. :vicx:

• Like 5

I found Drama Talk chinese sub haha anyone can read chinese? I can read a bit but not very good :D 

I will only translate the sentences that I can read :sweatingbullets:

Wookie  said his char will have complicated relationship with GY character

viewer question : what they wish for Goblin 

YIN : she wish Goblin reach 100 eps :lol: LDW: hope for great success and shooting go smoothly,all the casts get along very well and wish the friendship will last long. Interviewer ask GY : He thought Goblin around 10 eps lol and wookie said something but no sub then GY said sorry sorry SJ: wish he had love line

interviewer ask them to use 5 words to describe the trailer(highlight)

GY:very tiring,he talk about its tough for him filming the period part where he have to wear heavy armor etc LDW: tap GY and said you've work hard (something like that) his 5 words "to do even better" 

to be continue....

if anyone is good at chinese please help lol

• Like 6

@joyezz Thanks a lot for sharing the interesting tidbits from the press con and drama talk, chingu! Agree with what @Princi_86 said about Wookie being the glue of the group :) He's always looking after everyone and bringing people together. He's so much more than a great actor; he's such a wonderful human being too. He inspires so much goodness in the people around him (and I'm sure among his fans too) :lol:

I really wish they'd upload the subbed versions of the press con and drama talk :tears: But I can read some Chinese (not much but hopefully enough to understand the subs), so I will watch the video and share any interesting bits here :) Thanks for sharing it!

• Like 5

@joyezz Chines are awesome!!! Thanks for translating parts. Maybe together with @winterdew you can find the most interesting parts and if something will be unclear there, I will ask for help with Korean.  I think Wookie has teased GY a lot. Haha. And they have been teasing each other with YIN. So excited to know the details for both combos. 

YIN wants 100 eps???? Omo nooo. Even though I love Grim Reaper, Inwould love Wookie to challenge himself. Haha

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Princi_86 said:

@joyezz Chines are awesome!!! Thanks for translating parts. Maybe together with @winterdew you can find the most interesting parts and if something will be unclear there, I will ask for help with Korean.  I think Wookie has teased GY a lot. Haha. And they have been teasing each other with YIN. So excited to know the details for both combos. 

YIN wants 100 eps???? Omo nooo. Even though I love Grim Reaper, Inwould love Wookie to challenge himself. Haha

Haha his jaw dropped when he heard that

So cute 

@winterdew I am sure your Chinese is better than mine.mine is like primary school level haha

• Like 5

Hi y'all! I've been lurking for a long time (since May-ish?) and figured I might as well contribute what I can! I'm okay at Chinese (semi-fluent is the best I can describe myself as, lol), so if the English subs don't come out in the next few weeks I can work on translating what I can from the Chinese subs into English. University exams are starting this week, so I can't promise anything, but if I have time I'll start posting a transcript. I'm so happy to see other English-speaking LDW fans online—y'all are hard to find! 

• Like 7

hello, fellow fans! I think I'm not the one who experienced troubles with log-in? Finally I can log in. I can't believe we are only few days from watching beloved Dong Wook in drama. That long trailer impressed me so much. Beautifully filmed I should say. I have high expectations that this drama will be amazing. And LDW will benefit from it.

All photos from press conference are awesome. I need to watch videos, just afraid that I will understand nothing :(

@MaysoonD I know I need to put icon. You know I will put bubblegum, but maybe it's better to wait for Goblin and put some pic from there...

@kyuhyus hi! I'm almost new here as well. Are you his new fan? Your icon is from drama Partner, right? I like this drama so much

• Like 7

I like this look with hat. It brings something different in him. I like the part in trailer when he walks empty park and crosswalk. In that short trailer we can see his versatility: working grim reaper, amnesiac lover and then hilarious roommate. He will play so many roles in this drama. I don't know how to wait till subtitles. Do you know when English subtitles will be released?

• Like 6

@mulankang hi again chingu , it usually take 5 or 6 hours until eng.sub released ,maybe less if rating is high and drama hits .

i am used to watch Kdramas on dramafire , it is the fastest site available for me 

you make me want to re watch bubblegum while waiting for friday

نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪korean drama bubblegum‬‏

• Like 6

I remembered that I have promised @giegie (sorry, that it took me so long) to post translation of Wookie's Singles interview about his current personal life status. 

Here we go:

Reporter: Do you have soulmate?
LDW: No. Around one year has passed after last dating. And lately I even don't want to be in relationships. To meat my goals which I have set, even when doing sports, I'm analyzing my character and prepare myself to role. If I would fall in love it would take a lot of time to figure out if this girl is meant to me or not. For example, if I might fall in love now, we won't get closer from the start, since we need some time to know each other and realize that we want to be together. I have postponed personal life till the end of drama's filming. Right now I feel really comfortable by my own, spending 6-7 hours playing on PlayStation or watching sport games all night long. 

Reporter: It happens quite often that ideal type of man corresponds to his sister. 
LDW: Absolutely contrary. I like girls who're opposite to my sister. My sister is independent, strong and very stubborn.  If to judge only by character, I prefer women-puppies over women-cats. 

Reporter: But in this case might relationships become boring and bothering?
LDW: Really? Then how about woman-pitbul? 

Heh. That means that he has parted ways with that girl he dated somewhere in May-July 2015. And of course me(and I know that a lot of his fans and even his Korean who have few variants but still are not sure) would love to know whom he was dating year ago. How long it has lasted. But that'll be only delusions. No one has any undeniable evidences. Following Wookie and talking with his long term fans I've learned that he never reveals his personal life on public. He always escaped rumors and if he got discussed with some woman that he dated her he stopped any relationships with her. That's tough but he has told many times that he's not Prince Charming and that he's rather bad boy then good boy (being in relationships he tries to be good boy) and no need to wait from him that he's same as his dramas characters. Checking his Bts with KSA (who has been his the most rumored and almost confirmed girlfriend and even his long term Korean fans are sure that they were dating) I have never seen much skinship or showing of their chemistry, contrary he seemed quite distanced with her. From what I know they have started dating after drama ended. And that's what I think Wookie does every time. Even if he likes his co-star he's too professional and too concentrated on his role that he will not distract himself from it (just like he said in his interview).  I think when he really likes someone he  will never show it on camera or if there could be other eyes and possibility of camera. That's why I consider his awesome chemistry with ladies in Bts as the part of his work and friendship. Maybe he's attracted to them, but he will not show it in order not to be misunderstood. Really, knowing all that info about Wookie he will not reveal his true feelings. That means for me that he probably doesn't have romantic feelings to the girl at that moment which allows him to be flirty. I already like his chemistry with YIN but if he had feelings for her he wouldn't behave himself so open. (That's ofc totally IMO). And to show how easygoing co-stars are and show skinship that's the part of promotion drama. But skinship can be different as well haha. Even though I liked Bubbly couple a lot, I don't remember that they have been so easy in touching each other like he is with YIN. He was like that only with LDH and SJH. 

And those recent rumors which @giegiehas mentioned and I have seen in Instagram that he's dating YoungJi is such...well, even can't find proper word. Wookie never lies to reporters or fans. During one fan meeting he has been asked if he has gf he has told "you don't want me to lie, right? Then let's skip this question". He was dating. And when he tells he doesn't that means he doesn't. Can you imagine what a scandal can happen if he would really date when he says he doesn't? Wookie is smart namja, he knows that it Korea it's better avoid scandals. I like YoungJi but he was treated her like little sister and they're completely open that they're friends and meeting each other. Ok, she's open. Wookie never speaks about women first haha (at least lately). SJH has been opened that they're friends, SeHo recently hinted that he's still friends with LDH. 

Another thing I believe that if Wookie will be serious in relationships he will open them. If he never done it before, that means he hasn't met his soulmate. And I really wish him all the best and to meet HER asap and have kid, join TROS before the program will be over, but I know that right now (as well as before) he puts his career above relationships. That's also why I want Goblin to become hit, then Wookie will finally have time for love life and if he'll have weight in Kent he'll be able to struggle with possible dating scandal. 

• Like 6

3 days to Goblin. I'm scared of everything lol.

@mulankang like MaysoonD said it will take around 6 hours after drama airs in Korea to sub and you can watch it either on Dramafire or Dramacool or simply follow Goblin's thread for updates.

@kyuhyus welcome here! Nice to meet new Wookie's fans. Will ask the same question as above. Are you long term fan or new?^^ Thanks for your suggestion of help with translation. And good luck with exams!

Maybe altogether we'll find the way how not only translate some parts but subb Wookie related cuts and upload on YouTube for other fans. I think first of all we should highlight moments which are related to him or are very interesting. Since I don't understand language I can only highlight parts when his name is mentioned or he's talking/doung smth. Heh

• Like 3

@mulankang hello! yeah, it's a behind the scenes picture from Partner. I've watched and rewatched that drama SO many times, messy plot and all. It's my absolute favorite. 

@MaysoonD @Princi_86 @joyezz thanks for the warm welcome/well wishes! I guess I'm kind of new—went back to rewatch Roommate in May for Jackson, but after watching the second season I had a gigantic crush on LDW... Then I blew through the first season of Roommate, plus Bubblegum, Partner, and SOAW in the span of 3 weeks, so here I am, still obsessed.

Re: the interview segment, I'm always intrigued (and impressed) by how well he's able to keep a low profile and separate work from his personal life, for the most part. I've definitely had my suspicions about who he's dated in the past, though. Since his last relationship would've ended in the summer of 2015, I think he was probably dating during Roommate/late 2014, which is interesting to think about, since that year he was incredibly busy. No matter what, though, I just want him to be happy (but also to settle down because he clearly loves kids so much aaaaaaah)

I've currently translated the first 10 minutes or so. I'm not skipping anything because the cast keep dropping hints (and I just really like seeing them interact, they're all so likable), but if any of you want anything specific you can ask me and I'll try to translate that first!

Edited by kyuhyus
added mention
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

but I'm not a stalker type who'll be waiting for him outside or running after him to give present (at least I think so lol) so I have been admiring him just for 3-5 mins of meet&greet before movie has started from my 12th or smth row. Actually I had quite a lot opportunities to meet him during my Seoul trips... if I only had fellow fans with me I would do it, but alone or with my friend it was difficult heh. 

Ahahaha that's also me! When I bumped into my fav celebs, I always in blank-mode. Luckily, my friend was the one who asked him for signature meanwhile I just stood there. Maybe he thought I'm not the fan. LOL. Cmiiw, the last time LDW held a FM in Japan? If he finally held one in Seoul next year, I think we should gather together

14 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Wookie's gestures and expressions have been stealing the show. So did his chemistry and interactions with YIN, GY and YSJ. So sweet. I'm amazed how easygoing they are with YIN. I have watched other press cons (some parts) but I have seen such friendly atmosphere only during HK, but Wookie knows LDH for ages and YIN is new co-star. She reminded me SJH. They have started to be close right after Running Man filming. Under word "close" I mean they have natural chemistry of people who feel comfy with each other. But I already feel they will have shippers.

Indeed! Loveee loveeee the friendly atmosphere at presscon. Cmiiw, I think LDW knew YIN before bcos they were together in presenting an award around 2014? I don't know if that's just formal meeting or in real life, they already knew each other. I love YIN-LDW's interaction too, I believe she and LDW will make a 'killer' couple just like their poster hinted. LOL. I also love LDW's vibe from presscon such a playful actor who's so easy going with the coworkers, I'm happy bcos it's a very different vibe from the same guy at Goblin's first reading.

@joyezz Still, thanks for the translation! Just like YIN's hope, I also want 100 eps of Goblin. LOL. The cast and shooting atmosphere should be very good that made YIN wants to stick with them long enough. hehehehe

11 hours ago, winterdew said:

He's so much more than a great actor; he's such a wonderful human being too. He inspires so much goodness in the people around

Totally agree. His personality is daebak! I hope he finally gets recognition bcos he's totally deserves it at Goblin

@kyuhyus welcome dear! I hope you'll enjoy LDW in Goblin too and share all the love with us here. And if you don't busy, you could help us translating chinese too. Good luck for your exams! Roommate is still my fave K-variety. Sadly, it didn't last but as far I knew, international fans love it more than K-audience. Just like you, LDW in Roommate was daebak! Totally love his personality there! When you said he loves kids so much, I assumed you watched him at TROS, right? LDW needs to settle down, has kids and then join TROS too. LOL

@mulankang yes, we were also in trouble logging too - you need to clean all the histories and cookies before that-. Maybe it's a security upgrade from Soompi.

• Like 5

Thanks @Princi_86 for the translation! How could he enjoy 6-7 hours in front of tv without getting headache? Please, please, do some work out too, LDW. Agh, it's okay, he's enjoying his single life, right?

6 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Reporter: It happens quite often that ideal type of man corresponds to his sister. 
LDW: Absolutely contrary. I like girls who're opposite to my sister. My sister is independent, strong and very stubborn.  If to judge only by character, I prefer women-puppies over women-cats. 

Reporter: But in this case might relationships become boring and bothering?
LDW: Really? Then how about woman-pitbul? 

I love his answer here! I watched his interaction with his sister at Roommate and we knew how deep he care and love his sister and fams. His sister also the one who spilled that he dated another celebs and brought her home, right? I don't know who's the lady was but if LDW brought her to meet his fams, it was a serious one. Just like you said, LDW never reveal his personal life since we know how cruel K-netz to dating issues just like it's a big scandal. Since we didn't have evidence and only based on our delulu mind, I had my assumption during that time but it didn't matter bcos it happened at that past. I'm okay with my ship sunk now, but just like you said, It sad to know that he stopped his relationship even if it was a friendly one with some woman bcos of those rumors. I hope his comfy friendship with YIN (which already showed at the presscon) won't be ended in the same way. 

Thanks for the confirmation about LDW's single status. I'm too scared if LDW and Youngji's rumor was true. I want him to be happy but I don't think they were emotionally match as lover. Just like you said, I hope he's only think her as a little sister.

6 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Another thing I believe that if Wookie will be serious in relationships he will open them. If he never done it before, that means he hasn't met his soulmate. And I really wish him all the best and to meet HER asap and have kid, join TROS before the program will be over, but I know that right now (as well as before) he puts his career above relationships. That's also why I want Goblin to become hit, then Wookie will finally have time for love life and if he'll have weight in Kent he'll be able to struggle with possible dating scandal. 

This! I'm sorry if I asked you about his relationship ect, It made me like a stalker fangirl, LOL, but at the end, I also want what you wish for. I agreed that now his priority is his career. I think we believed that if Goblin became a hit, finally LDW got recognition and then as you said, he could focus on his personal life for searching his soulmate or repaired his previous one.

Have a great day!

• Like 5

@Princi_86 Thank you for always sharing translations with us, chingu! I wish more of these information were available in English... it's a waste that we miss quite a lot of it because we don't understand Korean or at times Japanese. Still, I'm grateful there are fans like you who are so helpful :lol:

With every new interview I read, I learn something new about him :) And here, he shows maturity in the way he deals with relationships. He seems like such a driven person who's determined on playing his roles well, so much so that he won't let his personal life get in the way. And also, from his answer, we can tell he takes relationships seriously, as he would prefer to date only when he can devote time and attention to it. The part about him being able to play games on the PlayStation or watch sports games at 6-7 hours in one stretch made me laugh. He's such a cute homebody :P

It's interesting that it also seems like he's quite the protective and dependable sort, as he prefers someone who is will like to depend on him (not the overly sticky sort, but at least, not someone who's too strong and independent). He certainly treads very carefully with relationships... in my years of being a fan of his (I was always casually following his news even though I only became an active fan a few months ago), I realise that there's been so little information on who he's dated. But I think that's a smart move. And even admirable, in an age where scandals and gossip are so common, sometimes bad enough to bring down an artiste's career. 

I think romance is sometimes overrated; down-to-earth, dependable men are a breath of fresh air. It's nice to know he's like that :) But it's interesting, the way he distances himself (at least on camera) from someone he's dating, and does the opposite to co-stars or actresses he's only friends with. This is the first time I'm finding out that he and KSA possibly dated, cos like you said, on camera and in BTS videos, it's not obvious at all. I would never have guessed it. Haha. Maybe it's his way of protecting both himself and the actress from possible gossips and scandals, and that also makes his chemistry with pretty much all his female co-stars impressive, like you said. It's like he doesn't need to have feelings for an actress to bring out chemistry between them. And that's certainly not an easy thing to achieve.

I agree with you and @giegie. I certainly hope he finds happiness and settles down soon ^^ I think he deserves every bit of it. And when he becomes a father, I think there'd be so many precious moments should he star on TROS or a similar variety show :) 

• Like 5

@kyuhyus Welcome to the Wookie fan-mily, chingu! I love how lively this thread has become. Thanks for sharing your story on how you became a fan, and for offering to do the translation :) Have you finished catching up on his entire filmography, or are you still in the midst of it? Either way, glad you're here to join us! I also lurked for a long time but I'm glad I joined the forums because everyone here, like Wookie, is warm and friendly ^^ Just curious, where are you from?

@mulankang Hello again, chingu ^^ Glad you're back here! Hope to see you around while Goblin is airing :) I agree with you and @MaysoonD that he looks good with the hat. I don't get why so many people are making a fuss of it. I think he exudes elegance and sophistication while wearing it. Plus, it completes his look as a grim reaper.

@Princi_86 Thanks chingu for sharing your experience on meeting our namja :lol: It had me smiling from the start to the end. I agree with @giegie - if he has a fanmeet in Seoul, I hope we can all gather and meet him together :) 

Are you guys planning to watch Goblin live? Or wait for subs? I'm impatient (when it comes to anything with Wookie in it, haha) so I'd prefer to watch it live, but I don't think I'll be free to do so for maybe half of the episodes. I will if I can, but if not I think I'll just catch the subbed versions, since it's just a matter of hours :)

• Like 4