Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@joyezz @Princi_86 thank you chingus for that awesome updates:blush:

Who is this man ? I swear to God and I am not biased fan btw I can see different gazes in the three pic @joyezz shared , :heart:

I am happy that Knetizens are waiting for Wookie/ YIN as well , hopefully Tvn hear and the writer invest more in our Wookie.

I like this one the most so I am gonna share it again :grin:

• Like 6

@winterdew @lucifercorner yea he has played anti-hero characters in HK and LDV. I want to see him play a full fledged villian next. Seems like the most important thing for Knetz ia visual so they should be ok with good looking villian :D It will be great to see the handsome manly villian giving the  pretty boy hero a hard time :lol: I agree,he is suitable to play a vampire :)Let's hope after Goblin,he will receive a lot of offers

@lucifercorner I think he looks better without the hat but I'll take the hat over moustache. as long as no moustache,I'm ok ^_^

@soultree have you watch Roommate? He is really funny there :) he is very funny in Wild Romance too :)

@MaysoonD I like the one where he grab/pull  the turtle neck :phew: If he grab that turtle neck harder I don't know what will happen to us LOL

• Like 5

@joyezz Hat or no hat, mush or no mush, the fact is we love him:)   everyone turns out to fall for LDW. 

Villian-I would love to see that too. But, korea loves cliched romcoms and as u said visuals. so, probably one more romcom on the lines of 'My Girl' with lots of melodrama will get him back in game. Then, he can start experimenting with roles. Or, he can take a negative role in a movie. What say!

@soultree I particularly love the first few episodes of season 1. My heart flipped seeing him blushing when he was teased with Park Bom :wub:

I read this somewhere. Someone suggesting to rename the drama as The Roomates: Goblin and Reaper edition and I totally loved the idea. Any thoughts people?

• Like 5

@MaysoonD and @joyezz Thanks for always sharing us with those gorgeous LDW in Oliver Sweeney. I'm green with envy with the Oliver Sweeney's photographer and stylist during that photoshoots. I also agreed with @winterdew, I love LDW and his agency picked this UK brand (eventho' it doesn't have offline store in SK), those dark-theme cardigans, suits, and jackets reflected the mature-masculine-serious's vibes from him. The vibe is very different from Bubblegum's vibe. Just like all of you said, he's now like a very fine (and now like an elite) wine.

On 10/11/2016 at 2:26 PM, winterdew said:

But I also think sometimes he believes he can't compete against the younger and more popular actors. But Wookie oh Wookie, it'll never be over for you :) I'm sure we'd all pick him over the younger and more popular actors any day. And even when he's in his 40s or older, he'd look really good because as @Princi_86 said, he has masculine features which will ensure he ages well B)

@giegie I hope she'll invite him on set for a cameo too :) When I watched him on RM, I thought he and Ji Hyo had previously met through filming Fugitive of Joseon because they seemed to click so well from the moment they met in RM. Was surprised to find out that he went on RM before filming Fugitive of Joseon with her, haha. He seems to have such sweet and genuine relationships with the people around him :)

I agreed. In some of his appearance, I also see he sometimes lacked of his confidence about his career nowadays just like he told us in Roommate. When he became Strong Heart's MC at 2012, he said none of the guests would believe he was part of first Hallyu wave's in mid 2000's during MG and made a fan crazy over heels to meet him. I hope after Goblin, he finally could gain some recognition and get his confidence back. Do you refer to the RM's Asia edition when the cast flew to Macau-Vietnam right? After that, LDW also appeared in RM for two times and we could saw his friendship with JiHyo grew a lot like he didn't mind to go to JiHyo's hometown at Pohang. I agreed that he's definitely a sweet and caring friend to his coworkers/friends. And about JGL, I love him too! He's now more popular bcos of Inception and Batman. But if you wanna check out his previous movies, I recommended 500 Days of Summers, Mysterious Skin and Brick. And I'm totally in if someday LDW take a vampire role, I believe he'll be more baddass than Damon Salvatore at TVD. LOL

On 10/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, willenette said:

Hi giegie, you know, the wrong style of hair can really add years. I love him, too with that bangs. If you want to look young, trim years off your age just by getting bangs. Having bangs is creating a youthful and downright flirty look. :P

@willenette Indeed. Is it curly bangs is a new style in SK? I did remember LJK also had the same bangs when he held the FM at the end of Oct. Imo, LDW looks better than LJK with those bangs.

@Princi_86 Thank you so much for the translation! I believe we gonna rely on you during Goblin's airing before the subtitle come out then. LOL. I'm glad Knezt was so positive about LDW and YIN. I also read positive comment's in dramabeans and koala about LDW. Some of comments was fun to reas bcos it explained The Grim Reaper had the puppy eyed look, pink-kissable lips and babysitting skill too!

@joyezz I also loved WB, but honestly, the way his aging isn't great as LDW. Sorry for my biased. LOL. And just like you, between Kang Joon and Min Woo, I still pick LDW, we couldn't see there's like a 10 years gap between LDW and Kang Joon bcos LDW was looking so damn fine at that photo. And then, I remember how LDW was great hyung to those boys, I still miss them in Roommate till now. I'm happy you noticed his protective action towards LDH. We always know LDW such a sweet-caring friend, but I always think his caring-mode is above the standard level to LDH. I hope someday they could be maintain their friendship again and be together (if it's not in real life, please at least on the screen)

Anyway, here's some LDW pics I could gathered during my visit to Studio Valor. The owner had his personal pic with LDW (he loves to take a pic with every K-celebs and printed it), but luckily, he put LDW's at a wooden tree at his studio. The banner of LDW and HHJ also there. I love the movie, not only bcos LDW but also for the story. LDW showed up only like 10 mins at the movie, but he got the serious-emotional part with HHJ meanwhile LJW got the most fun part. LOL

sam_7217.jpg

sam_7341.jpg

sam_7340.jpg

Happy nice saturday!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, soultree said:

Yeah liked the jealous scene in roommate but i still think that park bom is not suitable for a natural guy like him kekeke

Ofcourse I also don't ship them. But, "loved his cute blushing:blush: when bom mentions about the BoDong placards and seho teased them. He was adorable. Even thAt phone call part where seho calls Bom.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lucifercorner said:

Ofcourse I also don't ship them. But, "loved his cute blushing:blush: when bom mentions about the BoDong placards and seho teased them. He was adorable. Even thAt phone call part where seho calls Bom.

I liked the part when she came late and he was waiting for her outside at 2 am in the cold with his hat, then he did some exercises in the stairs, so natural and protective 

120522162727rMU6.gif

• Like 5

@giegie thanks for sharing your pics :) I agree WB doesn't age as well as wookie and not active in doing drama.I only like him in Autumn in my heart.

@lucifercorner yea maybe he can play villain in movies first because  dramaland knetz probably not ready haha

@soultree I love how he treats those younger than him,such a big brother :) and you can see those kids really look up to him

hyuuuuunnggg 

oppaaaaaaa

• Like 5

@joyezz ah he was so sweet with Chanyeol. And with Gayeon and with YoungJi, Jackson and many others. ^_^ 

I don't actually like Park Bom moments, because I think it was more her crush and Wookie was just accepting it. Maybe he was told to do it. But he was sweet and caring with as well. And yeh, that blushing when she was telling openly him that she likes him. Haha 

@winterdew @joyezz @giegie @lucifercorner As to villain role I'm in as well. And I'm sure would love to play it. But like someone said it's better to do in movie first. If to look on kdramas villains people are still don't like them much even if they're so handsome like our Wookie. Even in Hotel King knetz have found him scary and not in positive meaning. I guess the reason is that they prefer sweeter men and they can handle when flower boy/man is getting angry or furious while Wookie becomes even more manly then he is. Idk is you know this deamas and actors, but lately they have been highly loved by knetz when played villains: Nam Gun Min in Remember and Park Bo Gum in Hello Monster. And both of them has flower boys features. So when they're getting evilish their features still look sweet. (No offence if someone loves the, I think it's worldwide known fact that such faces are considered to be sweet). But I do believe that if Wookie will be established more with 1-2 successful projects in a row he can easily take villain's role.

As to vampire, I can easily imagine Wookie playing badass vampire like Damon Salvatore, but I prefer another one, Eric from True Blood. He was wore relaxed, self-confident, a bit more brooding and less overacting in terms of jokes, etc. But still badass. And if you watched True Blood you remember that Eric had charisma and aura of lion or jaguar being tall and Scandinavian. Idk why I imagine Wookie in such role :wub: Even though I have fed up of vampires after Twilight, True Blood and Vampire Diaries. Lol. 

@giegie thanks for sharing pics here. I should definately visit this place whe will be next time in Seoul. As to Wookie's role in Beauty Inside, I loved his part even though it was only 10 mins and he didn't have got scenes with HHJ like LJW had. I like Wookie's eyes, they have expressed everything. And maybe I will sound biased but knowing American version and Woo Jin's character in Korean version overall Wookie was the most beliavable Woo Jin for me, maybe Yoo Yun Seok as well. And LJW's part was out of Woo Jin's character but of course it has been received a lot of attention since it was hottest moment in movie, and the most easygoing one. When I was watching BI in Seoul and LJW has appeared in his scene even men in cinema has been excited. Everybody around was like "wow". :lol: And we've been sitting with my friend and didn't get the point what was happening around lol. 

@MaysoonD Chingu, even if tvN won't hear knetz and us now and won't feed us with teasers, believe me they'll hear overall and this will be seen in drama. And Even though GY/KGE seem to have the most epic love story in kdrama history, not everyone love this epic "Twilight style" epic stories. I believe lots of ppl will be moved by Wookie/YIN storyline since it will be more down to earth but still epic. And tvN has different audience then public broadcasters. But yeh, overall Koreans are attracted to exaggerated stories. That's good for ratings. Even if Wookie's storyline won't bring so much hype as GY's (people there love super heroes and writer always use it), he'll benefit a lot from ratings which KES will definately make with her typical writing. But can't deny, sometimes the lines and wise quotes she's using touches my heart as well even though it's not my type of writing at all. 

• Like 6

@Princi_86 whoa they thought he was scary in HK? my god ..Knetz are such delicate flowers lol Indie movie is the way to go then,if he want to try unusual roles. I bet knetz will love sparkling vampire like Edward Cullen :lol: I hope he won't choose his next role base on knetz taste :( I admire his choice of roles so far

anyway,Entourage get a very low rating even with the popular casts.Looks like they don't like black comedy either.

• Like 6

@lucifercorner You can find this video with English subs on YouTube, it was translated.;) I don't want to bother my friends with such request esp when there is translation somewhere ;) I have always risk that they won't help me with translation next time :tears:

@joyezz yes, knetz are flowers. Can you imagine, during My Love From Another Star I had Korean partner and he was in his 50s. And Inhave been so shocked when he sent me torrent link on that drama saying that this drama is so awesome, Inshould watch it. And this drama for me is same as DOTS - too epic and exaggerated. And men in their 50s in Korea were watching it and loved. They have such a different mentality. Yes, they have found Wookie in HK not that handsome (sure not everyone but my friend told me that there were lots of comments that this role doesn't suit him, better play sweetheart like in SOAW or MG). But Park Ri Hwan from Bubblegum has got only positive and hyped comments that finally Wookie plays sweet role and it's the best character he played after SOAW. I can't get it. I love his role in BG but it's nothing to do with his multilayered Cha Jae Wan and his acting in HK. 

Well, everybody thought that Entourage will be big hit (maybe it is somewhere in China or other Asian countries) but Like you've said Korea is not ready for such humor. I can't name it black since in American version it much more tougher and Korean version is a lot lighter, but still marority likes fairy tales. That's why Goblin should work out good. Some of my friends have already refused to watch it because of too much exaggeration in plot and that last teaser is too epic for their taste, but I will try to bring them to drama lol. 

@MaysoonD cingu, you have mentioned few times "Cinderella and 4 Knights" and that this drama was a hit. Actually it wasn't that big. Ratings haven't been decent and there weren't much buzz in Korea about this drama. It has got quite a lot critisizm for it's plot as well. But internationally it worked very good. Still, I prefer Goblin to hit in Korea, then internationally. If it will hit everywhere ofc this will be the best result and the most satisfying. ^^ 

• Like 5

@Princi_86 Park Ri Hwan best character since SOAW? are they serious?In between SOAW and BG we have Park Mu Yeol which has great character development  and Cha Jae Wan as you said multilayered character. Why didnt they like Wild Romance?Was it  because Park Mu Yeol was a jerk in the first few episodes?haha

Cha Jae Wan not that handsome they said ?? b please hehe

Image result for lee dong wook gif

I think they will like Wang Yeo cute wavy bangs:phew:

• Like 6

@Princi_86  I remember how good Alexander Skarsgard as Eric in TB (by his appearance bcos I didn't follow the drama), just like LDW, he has such a masculine figure too. I agreed that LDW in Beauty Inside was good one and totally believeable, the scene in the car and at the hospital broke my heart. I also loved YYS there! Ahahaha LJW-HHJ's scene definitely will attract men more but luckily it was executed in classy way, not a rough one.

Thanks for your explanation about K-audience's reception about HK. Personally, I love him more in HK rather than in BG bcos it showed more emotional acting range from him, but like as you said, JaeWan wasn't a loveable character bcos his revenge consumated him in the first half of drama. I also think the theme itself wasn't very acceptable in SK for weekend drama since it's not a light one. But I admired LDW's bravery to took such a nonmainstrean character like JaeWan.

KES definitely has midas touch in her scripts. I agreed sometime her scripts a lil bit cheesy one (I hate The Heirs's plot but well, I love KHN in there, LOL). She's great in making star to become star again like what she did with Hyun Bin in Secret Garden or SHK in DotS. I also had positive feeling about K-audience's reception on WY since it's not scary as we thought. The amnesiac part which made WY a lil bit lost help this character to be loved. Based on previous photo's release, Knezt's comments mostly about the puppy eyes looked LDW rather than GY, LOL.

And @joyezz about WR, I think it's not bcos MuYeol character was a jerk. K-audience at that time got hook up with The Moon Embracing the Sun which made WR got less viewers and made LDW got less attention too. Well, sometimes a drama's success isn't only depend from the production itself but also from the competitor's succes/fail.

I also sad about Entourage's low rating, it's a first time TvN got less than 1% right? I watched the first 2 eps and well, it didn't that bad. I hope Goblin will do better. I want its rating as higher as Reply 1988 *praying mode*

• Like 6

@Princi_86 Speaking of HK ,bedo as AMN used to say to CJW

I have shared before an article on mydramalist which considered PRH as one of the most 10 or maybe 20 rare warm and cute lead actor in K dramaland unlike cliché lead actors who used to be arrogant and cold hearted , cuteness of PRH is the most I can tolerate in any man taking in consideration he was  cute with his life long best friend who turned to be his lover over that much makes me cringe :grin:

CJW was scary , he was pitiful, :blink:

• Like 6

I have said that before , I like wild romance 100 times more than my girl and I like HK 1000000 times more than SOAW , and BG is away better than WR , MG and SOAW at least for me, there are always a conflict between HK and BG , which one I like the most ?:grin: it seems my taste won't always get along with Knetizens but it worked with BG :grin: 

Image result for lee dong wook  hotel king

• Like 6

@MaysoonD I like CJW the most but I rewatch WR the more than HK . It was after HK I realized he is more than just a handsome face. To me his character in BG sometimes a little bit too cutesy for my taste but I love the sweet moments between the two leads. I like the quirky cute Hong Bin better :D

@giegie I think right now for him,mainstream audience reception is more important.Us hardcore fans are easier to please hehe. So hopefully KES will work her magic again :) 

• Like 6