Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

@Princi_86 hi princi ,hope you are doing well .i miss you here very much .

Hope we all gather again once Wookie's new drama start filming ,strangly no news until now about the casting .

@MaysoonD I'm missing you guys as well. But don't worry, I'm always following everything and keeping my eye on every news about him.

And I can tell you that few other fans from here are following as well, and keep on lurking but they're experiencing troubles with log in Soompi. :(

I think there should be official casting confirmation news by mid August. Maybe they will confirm Wookie, KGE and Wookie's female lead alltogether.

• Like 1

7 Actors Who Found Stardom After The Same Series

How are some of today’s hottest stars connected? Many of Korea’s top actors, including those in currently airing super-popular dramas, got their start on the “School” series. Take a look into the past and see how the celebrities from your favorite Korean dramas, including “Doctors,” “W,” and “Uncontrollably Fond,” changed over the years. Although these celebrities were not very well known back then, this series all gave them a push into superstardom. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

After his acting debut in “School 2” and a cameo appearance in “School 3,” Lee Dong Wook became a major star, getting cast in numerous dramas and movies over the years.

Back then:

lee dong wook

Now:

Leedongwook-feature

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

@BoomBoomBoomBalloon hi! I'm patiently waiting for more updates about his character and female co-star in "Goblin". While waiting we have found girl who has translated his interview in Singles. There are some interesting facts about varietis, him, Goblin and love life. I will try to translate shortly core points into English and post here. Regarding "My Bodyguard", I think it has been shortened from 12 to 10 episodes because they have reached the goal of loosing 1000 kg overall earlier then 3 months period and maybe because of ratings as well (but this channel doesn't generate ratings so I don't think because of this). I'm sure their final filming day was on 13th May when they've took a lot of selfies with participants,

Hi MaysoonD, thanks for sharing this info. Sigh.................. It was supposed to air earlier. I heard because 'K2's (Ji Chang Wook's drama) schedules were switched around.  Well, can't wait for this drama.  Please make this a good come back for Lee Dong Wook. Plot line sounds pretty intriguing. :P

New drama featuring Kim Go Eun, Gong Yoo, and Lee Dong Wook set to air soon! .

lee-dong-wook,gong-yoo,kim-go-eun

tvN's upcoming drama 'Goblin' has been confirmed to air in December! 

A tvN representative informed Newsen on August 9, "It's true that 'Goblin' plans to air some time in December. It was supposed to air earlier. The formation wasn't delayed but rather, because 'K2's schedules were switched around, it will start airing in December.

Meanwhile, 'Goblin' is a fantasy/supernatural drama that will tell the tale of the friendship between a goblin that needs a human wife and a Grim Reaper with amnesia. Sounds pretty peculiar, huh? 

'Goblin' is said to be written by Kim Eun Sook, the same writer who brought us the immensely popular 'Descendants of the Sun' and 'Lovers In Paris.' 

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this new drama! 

“Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama Premiere Date Pushed Back

“Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama Premiere Date Pushed Back

“Goblin” (working title), the next drama by “Descendants of the Sun” writer Kim Eun Sook, has been pushed back a bit by network tvN.

tvN stated on August 9, “It’s planned that ‘Goblin’ will air around December. The schedule may change a bit depending on the schedule for ‘K2,’ which is airing before it.”

“Goblin” was originally slated to premiere in late October or early November. So far Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook have been confirmed to star, with Kim Go Eun’s name also reportedly attached to the project, and auditions are taking place for another female character. The story follows an immortal goblin who’s searching for a human bride so that he can end his life, who ends up living with a grim reaper who’s suffering from amnesia.

In addition to “Descendants of the Sun,” Kim Eun Sook has also penned the dramas “Heirs,” “Secret Garden,” and “Lovers in Paris.”

Source (1) (2)

Old clip when Lee Dong Wook won 2 awards for strong heart program .my Wookie was so happy and his laugh was from his heart , I am praying for you dear to have this happiness as soon as possible coz your talent has to be recognized and awarded .

• Like 2

After School's Nana vs. Hello Venus's Nara up for 2nd female lead role in 'Goblin'Nana,Nara

Upcoming tvN drama 'Goblin', written by writer Kim Eun Sook or the mastermind behind 'Descendants of the Sun', is currently seeking to fill its 2nd female lead spot, with two idols up as the top 2 contestants!

According to reports on August 11, writer Kim Eun Sook has had her eyes on Hello Venus's Nara for the 2nd female lead role in the drama for her extreme likeness to the actual character. However, After School's Nana, whose image aligns with Nara's image in many ways, also auditioned for the role recently. Supposedly, writer Kim Eun Sook will be choosing between the two female idols, who both are very much like the drama's character, Kim Sun. 

Whoever it will be, Kim Sun will be playing actor Lee Dong Wook's love interest. Kim Sun is an orphan who gets men to do her bidding (of the pricey kind) using her beauty, but meets the grim reaper Wang Yeo (Lee Dong Wook) one day, and begins falling for him. 

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/after-schools-nana-vs-hello-venuss-nara-up-for-2nd-female-lead-role-in-goblin

I hope they pick Nana! 

• Like 2

Hi, chingus! Will post first here. 

This sketch of Wang Yeo has been post on DC. It seems that it's the same as was posted few days ago  but as a text on DC as well.

6c2acf1430a3.jpg

I'm waiting for translation from our Korean chingu, but in a meanwhile I've found translation on my native language, thus will try to translate into English.

Angel of a Death Wang Yeo (mid or late 30th)

What is death? When student has asked Confucius, the scholar has replied "If we don't know life how can we know death?" Confucius has heard this question so often. If Wang Yeo would know Confucius he would reply, that death means meeting him. He's Angel of a Death. After opening their eyes, first what people have seen after death was he. They couldn't realize that they're dead since Grim Reaper was looking handsome. After knowing who he is, people were surprised since white face and black lips are just a myth. Black durumagi (the part of hanbok) has been replaced by black slim suit. Instead of ancient manuscripts he prefers to read western GQ. When he became Grim Reaper he has been lost in time and stopped counting days. All that he was counting were numerous dead souls.  From very first words of dead person he already knew what life he had. Earlier those who couldn't passed stayed among alive people, have been crying a lot and bothering alive people, but nowadays those who want to leave for good has been raised. His work became easier because of those who has rejected chance to get back to life. 

While living with goblin Kim Shin and experiencing each day changing in God's desires, Wang Yeo couldn't understand why it's all happening with him, what live did he have in the previous life, what person was he, has he committed some sin and how has he become Grim Reaper. He was on the half way to feel disgust to everything. No matter white or black, hot or cold. What is better life or death. He didn't know what means sympathy and compassion. Things happening in life or ordinary people were like unpredictable drama. People's unpredictable behavior has thrilling him. When meeting once by chance a girl he has felt dizzy. Even though he has met her for the first time, he has experienced long time lost feelings. Despite fake luxury from head to toe, she was shining. She was shining like her name - Son I*. From that day she became his addiction. He didn't know where it will lead him, but he was captivated. He was sure that all his awkward actions were mistakes. He was trying to switch on his imagination because of her unpredictable behavior. She was laughing at him because of his behavior, since almost all he was doing he has learned from dramas.  He was embarrassed. Was it God's plan or mistake?

* Son I in Korean is considered (sounds) as "sunny" or "shiny"

translation into Russian took from https://vk.com/leedongwookfans

• Like 4

On July 19, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Princi_86 said:

@lucifercorner wow! Fan from India! Nice to meet you here. I haven't met Wookie's fans from India before. Are kdramas popular there as well?

Not really. Happened to watch 'the superman returns' in YouTube and loved him to death.Hence looked up on him and watched all his works. He is simply amazing!!!

Edited by lucifercorner
  • Like 2