Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

8 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

I can't stop laughing is our hotel king , our blade man, he is so funny and spontaneous :grin:

OMG. I'm laughing so hard right now. He used to be so shy about his awkward dancing. Now, he just kinda let go and accept it. It looks like he's happy with what he's doing currently. :D 

• Like 2

17 Sultry photos of Korean actors in swimsuits

The beach season is just around the corner, and it’s time to motivate ourselves to work for that beach body—with sultry photos of actors in swimsuits, of course! Our favorite actors have stripped their shirts to beat hot weather both on and off camera. Here are 17 sizzling hot photos of Korean actors in swimsuits. Scroll down to reveal!

(skipped unrelated.....)

12. Lee Dong Wook

b11a79df-1791-46fa-804e-e13f12e82596.jpg

source : dramafever

Hello chingusss~ i come back here bcoz I just knew that Wookie was offered in Kim Eun Sook new drama!!! Yayyyy~~ he was offered along with Gong Yoo... But i don't think he will be male lead, bcoz Gong Yoo is the male lead..he will be grim reaper if he take the offer! I'm so excited ^^

• Like 1

Lee Dong Wook Considers Joining Gong Yoo In Highly Anticipated Drama

soojji May 26, 2016

Lee Dong Wook Considers Joining Gong Yoo In Highly Anticipated Drama

On May 27 it was revealed by a representative that actor Lee Dong Wook is currently considering taking part in a new drama, entitled “Goblin” (working title), by writer Kim Eun Sook. Star writer Kim Eun Sook is the creative writer behind hit dramas such as “Descendants of the Sun.” Lee Dong Wook’s role, if he takes the part, will be the grim reaper.

Lee Dong Wook’s agency, King Kong Entertainment, stated, “We have received an offer from the production crew. We are reviewing the offer favorably.”

It has been previously confirmed that actor Gong Yoo will participate in the drama. This his return to a TV drama in four years. Furthermore, Kim Go Eunis also considering the lead female role.

The drama’s plot revolves around the story of a goblin and grim reaper who live together. The goblin needs a human bride to end his immortal life, while the grim reaper suffers from amnesia.

“Goblin” is set to air in November on tvN.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/26/lee-dong-wook-considers-joining-gong-yoo-in-highly-anticipated-drama/

• Like 3

Who is the lead role in the drama Wookie has been offered? Wookie or Gong yoo?  In the article they didn't mention about it. I'm happy he has received offer from very popular writer but in the other hand if he will be second lead it's quite sad. All these years he's been only playing lead roles. But the role sounds so interesting, i hope Wookie accepts it. 

• Like 1

Hi guys. Long time no see. I hv been waiting forever for Wookie drama comeback to be back here. Life has been crazy busy. But i'm here for Wookie ^^

I first read about this news while i was at work. So not much time to analyse what-I-call-a-sistuation-here LOL

FYI Gong Yoo is one of very few korean actors i adore. I was super excited for Goblin. As to the point that i talked to my Korean boss about him haha

Butttt now whatttt

I'm so torn now. I have a strong belief that there's no such thing as second lead syndrome in dramas which have Wookie. But now he's becoming the 2nd lead. What to feel now?

According to dramabeans, Wookie's character is drop dead gorgeous which suit him perfectly haha. I means i always feel pity for actresses who are paired with him. I mean look at him. So beautiful. 

I see Kim Go Eun in Cheese in the trap (my latest drama because i loose faith in kdrama pd after the disaster name the 2nd haft of Cheese LOL). First, she's too young for Gong Yoo and Wookie. Second, she's cute, tall and look nice in everything but she might be overshadowed by the beauty of two male leads :(

About the PD, she's behind DOT. Never watched that drama. Never interested anyway. It seems try-hard at best. (Sorry any DOT fans here). I'm very worry about the PD.

Lastly and most importantly, i see some comments on dramabeans say that "is Wookie too big to be 2nd meal lead?". It was my very first reaction to this news too. Any thought guys? Light me up here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meatballacheekbones said:

Hi guys. Long time no see. I hv been waiting forever for Wookie drama comeback to be back here. Life has been crazy busy. But i'm here for Wookie ^^

I first read about this news while i was at work. So not much time to analyse what-I-call-a-sistuation-here LOL

FYI Gong Yoo is one of very few korean actors i adore. I was super excited for Goblin. As to the point that i talked to my Korean boss about him haha

Butttt now whatttt

I'm so torn now. I have a strong belief that there's no such thing as second lead syndrome in dramas which have Wookie. But now he's becoming the 2nd lead. What to feel now?

According to dramabeans, Wookie's character is drop dead gorgeous which suit him perfectly haha. I means i always feel pity for actresses who are paired with him. I mean look at him. So beautiful. 

I see Kim Go Eun in Cheese in the trap (my latest drama because i loose faith in kdrama pd after the disaster name the 2nd haft of Cheese LOL). First, she's too young for Gong Yoo and Wookie. Second, she's cute, tall and look nice in everything but she might be overshadowed by the beauty of two male leads :(

About the PD, she's behind DOT. Never watched that drama. Never interested anyway. It seems try-hard at best. (Sorry any DOT fans here). I'm very worry about the PD.

Lastly and most importantly, i see some comments on dramabeans say that "is Wookie too big to be 2nd meal lead?". It was my very first reaction to this news too. Any thought guys? Light me up here.

Hi i'm GY fan but i want to tell you that according to this story the focus is on 2 male leads not typical hero - heroine story so they cast 2 big names all focus on goblin and grim reaper

Gong Yoo stars as a goblin, “the protector,” who needs to take a human bride in order to end his immortality. Lee Dong-wook has been offered the part of an amnesiac reaper, “the taker,” a 21st-century modern, sexy reaper who looks like a model. It’s said that whenever a soul encounters him, they’re shocked by his beauty first, and then belatedly surprised by their own death.

The goblin and reaper meet somewhere “between fate and a curse,” and end up living together in a peculiar arrangement.

so i think lDW role here isn't typical 2nd lead but he has big role and important too 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

Hi i'm GY fan but i want to tell you that according to this story the focus is on 2 male leads not typical hero - heroine story so they cast 2 big names all focus on goblin and grim reaper

Gong Yoo stars as a goblin, “the protector,” who needs to take a human bride in order to end his immortality. Lee Dong-wook has been offered the part of an amnesiac reaper, “the taker,” a 21st-century modern, sexy reaper who looks like a model. It’s said that whenever a soul encounters him, they’re shocked by his beauty first, and then belatedly surprised by their own death.

The goblin and reaper meet somewhere “between fate and a curse,” and end up living together in a peculiar arrangement.

so i think lDW role here isn't typical 2nd lead but he has big role and important too 

OMG loove the storyline, now please cast Song Ji Hyo as the female lead, and it will be a MUST watch, i would be crying in excitement and happiness

• Like 2

Lee Dong Wook to work with Kim Go Eun and Gong Yoo for a new drama?

Lee Dong Wook has been offered a role in upcoming tvN drama 'Goblin'!

Previously, Gong Yoo was confirmed as the drama's lead male while Kim Go Eun said she was looking into the offer for the female lea

Lee Dong Wook's label King Kong Entertainment stated, "It is true that he was offered a role for the new tvN drama 'Golbin', and he is positively looking into it." Currently, 'Goblin' is receiving great attention for its cast, but also for the writer, one of the geniuses behind hit drama 'Descendants of the Sun'. 

What do you think of the possible cast of 'Goblin' so far? 

lee-dong-wook_1464314257_af_org.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/lee-dong-wook-to-work-with-kim-go-eun-and-gong-yoo-for-a-new-drama

Dong-wook considers reaper role in fantasy drama Goblin

LeeDongWook1.jpg

Oh, interesting. Lee Dong-wook (Bubblegum) is up for the role of a reaper who takes up residence with goblin Gong Yoo (Big) in tvN’s new fantasy romance drama Goblin, which sets us up for bromancey cohabitation. Part of me is disappointed — I was holding out hope that the heroine would be the reaper in this story. But how could I possibly have anything against a bromance between two beautiful immortals? As for the human realm, Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap) is considering an offer to play Gong Yoo’s love interest, the human bride he’s looking for to end his eternal life.

The new series from hit writer Kim Eun-sook (Descended From the Sun, Heirs) is about the mysterious supernatural beings who usher souls to the afterlife, filled with stories about modern everyday life with a mysterious, mythical bent. Gong Yoo stars as a goblin, “the protector,” who needs to take a human bride in order to end his immortality. Lee Dong-wook has been offered the part of an amnesiac reaper, “the taker,” a 21st-century modern, sexy reaper who looks like a model. It’s said that whenever a soul encounters him, they’re shocked by his beauty first, and then belatedly surprised by their own death.

The goblin and reaper meet somewhere “between fate and a curse,” and end up living together in a peculiar arrangement. Perhaps reapers and goblins aren’t supposed to be friendly? If one is trying to protect souls and the other keeps trying to take them, I can see how this would be problematic.

Both Kim Go-eun and Lee Dong-wook are considering their offers, while Gong Yoo is confirmed. Lee Dong-wook pretty much has the genres covered for the role — he’s done contemplative romances (Bubblegum) and is no stranger to fantasy (Iron Man). And despite being a leading man most of the time, if this drama follows in Descended From the Sun’s footsteps, the second leads get just as much love (and dialogue, and lovelines to angst over) as the leads, so I don’t think that would stop him in the least.

Goblin plans to begin shoots in September, and will air in November as a Friday-Saturday drama on tvN.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/lee-dong-wook-considers-reaper-role-in-fantasy-drama-goblin/

• Like 2

@Meatballacheekbones I have the same thoughts and fear about his status :confused: and I read annoying comments about Wookie , finally no offense but the writer style in writing  isn't my cup of tea and I was always surprised how her drama get such popularity and attention but I can't deny i was waiting for a kind of villain character for Wookie  anyway i will support him all the way and i wish him all the luck

Lee Dong Wook in talks to join Gong Yoo in tvN's 'Goblin'

"Bubble Gum" is a South Korean television series starring Lee Dong-wook, Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Jong-hyuk and Park Hee-von.

After gracing the television screen in 2015's romance-drama "Bubble Gum," Lee Dong Wook is now in negotiations to co-star with Gong Yoo in tvN's "Goblin." King Kong Entertainment announced today that Lee has been offered a major supporting role in the upcoming fantasy drama from the screenwriter of "Descendants of the Sun," Kim Eun Sook.

On May 5, a representative from Lee's agency stated to Yonhap News Agency that Lee received an offer from the show's production crew and stressed that they are reviewing the offer favorably. If he does end up accepting the offer, Lee will play the amnesiac Grim Reaper (Angel of Death), who somehow ends up living with a modern day Dokkaebi (Goblin), played by Gong Yoo.

It is said that dead souls were stunned by the magnificence of the Grim Reaper, only to be belatedly surprised later by their own death. The Dookaebi, on the other hand, is currently on a mission to locate a human bride to end his immortal life.

The new fantasy drama is expected to recount the mysterious, peculiar, sad and beautiful daily lives of the Grim Reaper and Dokkaebi, as they help dead souls to go through the afterlife. It is poised to be developed for television screen by producer Yoon Ha Rim of Hwa and Dam Pictures.

Producer Yoon is confident that "Goblin" will be a new sort of drama for the viewers both inside and outside South Korea. He added that they have been preparing for the said TV show even before the "Descendants of the Sun."

"We have been preparing to make this drama for three years," producer Yoon told Soompi. "The focus of the drama will be on goblins, which is a very common character in traditional folktales,

Further, "Cheese In The Trap" star Kim Go Eun has been offered the lead female role and is currently considering it positively. Details about Kim's supposed character are being kept under wraps.

Nonetheless, production is expected to commence once the casting is finished for the drama's main characters. "Goblin" is looking to air in mid-November on tvN's Friday-Saturday timeslot. Check out the video below

http://en.yibada.com/articles/126913/20160527/lee-dong-wook-talks-join-gong-yoo-tvn-goblin.htm

3 hours ago, kat_t said:

Where can I watch My Bodyguard with Eng subs???

unfortunately no eng sub anywhere

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

@Meatballacheekbones I have the same thoughts and fear about his status :confused: and I read annoying comments about Wookie , finally no offense but the writer style in writing  isn't my cup of tea and I was always surprised how her drama get such popularity and attention but I can't deny i was waiting for a kind of villain character for Wookie  anyway i will support him all the way and i wish him all the luck

Oh god. I just discovered that the writer is behind Heirs too *facepalm*. What the public likes is not always the high quality thing LOL. 

But i like your take that this will be kinda a villain character. So I'm excited for that hehe

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Meatballacheekbones said:

That was my reaction too! But it looks like the grim reaper role is as important as goblin role, like they are both leads? 

• Like 2